Start by marking “Invisible Leash (The Cross Series, #1)” as Want to Read:
Invisible Leash (The Cross Series, #1)

Invisible Leash

(The Cross #1)

My name is Sage Cross.

I've got it all-the beauty, the brains, the bank account.

Women hate me. Men want my Louboutins around their necks.

And I blame my father for everything. It's his fault I'm swarming through powerful men in suits while I'm stuck posing as a useless, jobless photo op.

Until he sends the perfect weapon my way: Lincoln Black. Mark my words, I plan to use
Published September 5th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Invisible Leash, please sign up.

Natalie The Biblioholic
2.5 A struggle to read stars

Sage was in a relationship of convenience, caught under the thumb of her manipulative father, with no way out and no hope for a future of her own choosing. Jacob was a wellknown manwhore who never imagined ever changing his dirty ways. In each other, these two found themselves, embarking on something new and changing into the best versions of who they could be. Neither of them could have expected what they found in the other or how love could evolve in a heart that ne
Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)
description

Sorry to say this one wasn't working for me. I found none of the characters likable in the least, and the writing was very wordy. C'est la vie...

descriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescription

Nov 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was one of those books when I couldn’t decide if I loved it or loathed it.

Loved: the passion, the heat, the fabulously descriptive writing, the characters.

Loathed: the name Sage, her father, the fact that Sage was such a spoiled idiot, Jacobs father and step mother.

In the end I decided I loved it. The story kept me enthralled today. I just had to finish it. Great cliffhanger too!
Escape into a Booksite
Apr 08, 2019 marked it as dnf
Shelves: kindle
copy kindly received from the author in exchange for an honest review.

I decided to DNF this one because I can already tell by the start of the first two chapters that I am not going to like these characters. The book has premise already for others to love this, and I'm sure they storyline will play out well, however I loathe these rich kinds of characters and really do not want to read about them right now. Not for me, but I'm sure others will enjoy.

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
E.M. Summers
Apr 14, 2019 rated it liked it
I'm not entirely sure what to think about this one. The premise was original and I definitely enjoyed Sage's story and development...but it wasn't what I was expecting. The cover and blurb give the impression that this would be a much sexier, steamier read than its actual contents. In fact, the only 'sexy' part, really, was Sage's fabulous, daring fashion preferences.

I appreciated M.H.B.'s interesting take on a love triangle, but sadly I found Jacob a lukewarm hero with not much to him other tha
Gizel Alvarez
Apr 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Millionare, The Billionaire Heiress & Politician.

This review was not easy it's a 3.5 star but to close to 4 for me not to round up.

One of my biggest problems with this story was in each chapter on the characters inner monologue was redundant.
My dear author we understand the heiress was sexually experienced and kept a emotional distance no need to read this for the better part of the book.

This story ends on a clifhanger despite not loving this story I am intrigued enough to continue to t
Boundless Book Reviews

I voluntarily received a copy of Invisible Leash in order to give it an honest review.  All thoughts and opinions are my own.

This book is a bit of a conundrum for me.  The book is based on an adult world with very adult themes, yet the characters were very juvenile especially Sage.  I found her to be a cold, immature, spoiled brat who only thinks about herself.  It was ironic that she kept touting
HeidiLynns BookReviews
Mar 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
First, I want to thank M.H.B. for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review.

M.H.B has an amazing way with expressing her characters feelings and body language in Invisible Leash The Cross Series Part 1. Immediately I was drawn to Sage’s and Jacob’s characters. Jacob just oozed sexuality and he desired Sage. There was so much chemistry between them yet so much sexual tension too. This was one variable that made the story very enticing.

M.H.B found a very creative graphic designer
Angela *Whiskey Angel Life Blog*
I was given a readers copy of Invisible Leash by M.H.B. for my honest review.

First off let me start by saying that the cover for this novel is absolutely stunning and completely attracted me towards wanting to reading it even before the blurb did.

Invisible Leash is the debut novel for indie author M.H.B. for what looks to be a duet called the Cross Series.

M.H.B. did an excellent job of writing her characters, painting them within the canvas of my mind. I love a strong female lead and even though
Hannah Wooly
Mar 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
An intwining tale of politics, deciet, turmoil and love. I loved Sage and her sassy and determined attitude. The constant controll and interference of her father in her life had me heartbroken and wishing him illwill. Lincoln was a sweetheart and dealing with his own heartbreak only wanting the best for them both. Jacob was a smooth talking player with a good heart that got swept away by Sage. I was praying they would get together and find happiness and love away from all the interferences. Elli ...more
Jessica Mitchell
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Invisible Leash

Ends on a cliffhanger and has a dark past revealed that's not suitable for those that are not into reading certain things.

Just found myself a new author to follow. Family secret, fake boyfriend, tons of money, and someone trying to controll it all from the backseat.
Sage may seem like a daddy's girl, but she is far from that. Every little thing can do, she tries to rub it in his face. Like someone punishing a dog for pooping on the floor. Ever since that night. Men don't impress he
Teresa Lavender
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
I won this book on goodreads. I have seen a LOT of rich-beautiful-talented-got everything-girl books. I will admit that that kind of hook is getting old to me. I found the characters to be a bit unbelievable - particularly when it comes to a complete change of character. I did read to the end. I am also of the belief that a novel shouldn't leave you hanging like this - it isn't like a TV series. Even if there is a sequel, there needs to be some sort of ending.
Veronique Rene
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love how this story unfolds. The mix of romance and limelight and all too familiar destructive family ties adds excitement and thrill to the story. I love how we have a glimpse of each of the characters' thoughts. I highly recommend this book to all those who seek a little thrill in romantic plots.
Sarah Green
Nov 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a read!

This story is quite intense in places. Filled with lots of scandal, loads of passion, deceit and ended with a scandal.

Sage, a bazaar heroine.
Lincoln, sweet and hopefully he gets some happiness.
Jacob, sexy, strong and totally in love.

Can't wait for book 2
Rose Siano
Nov 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
It was ok, did not know it was to be continued
Kaila
Nov 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
this was really good.. had a lot of twists i didnt see coming.. the feelings were raw and real.. and she was a bold woman. good story
James Elkins
I'm not going to lie, I got this book for two reasons...okay three.

1st: I liked the cover art
2nd: It was free (Goodreads giveaway)
3rd: I thought there'd be more sexy-time.

I had a hard time getting into this book, mostly because I didn't care about the characters (especially the main female lead)... but I persevered (endured) and by the end I had come to appreciate the characters and their story lines... and then... it ends in a cliff-hanger. I didn't like that.

I may or may not get the next..
Crystal's Book World ~ Crystal Cordova
Invisible Leash had me hooked with Sage's story! Her "black" heart was a heart of a lot of hurt and a lot of mistrust. I was blown away as pieces of our heroine was revealed little at a time. I love her coldness. I love the bold. This woman means business! She uses her past as a shield and a means to revenge. I loved that we had Lincoln's and Jacob's POV. You get all the emotions that each character brings. That is a win in my book!

Invisible Leash story line flowed easily. The story was not too
Kinky Minx
Tina
Sep 12, 2018
Fatima Maqbool
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Omggggg this book was so unique and such an amazing read a 100 percent recommended read for anyone who loves romance!!
Marinza
Cynthia Daniel
Cati Bedsworth
Erin
Sep 13, 2018
  • Out of Time (Synchronicity #1)
  • Alpha Stray
  • Daughter of the Sun (The Solara Trilogy Book 1)
  • Perceptions: A Dark Fairy Tale
  • Elvish (The Elvish Trilogy, #1)
  • Sparks of Darkness (Birthright #2)
  • Unleashed (Hotel Temptation, #1)
  • The Summoner (The Temple of Empia Saga #1)
  • Blood Crescent (Divine #1)
  • Another Five Minutes
  • Hauntings: Why They Happen and How to Help Yourself: Ghosts, Demons and The Truth About Hauntings
  • The Skipton Haunting: Tale Of The Red Ribbon Witch
  • The Outcasts (The Blood Dagger, #1)
  • Lost Arrow: Book I of The Kalelah Series
  • Violets are Red
  • Shadow King
  • The Able
  • Coloring to Inspire the Young Artist
M . H . B . graduated law from a Canadian University. She loves spending time with her partner and her dog. She has a passion for animals and loves the simple things in life: chocolate, music, books, sunny days, and overall wellness. When she is not writing, her mind is in another world with a book in hand.

Email: mhb.author@hotmail.com
Website: https://mhbmhb.wixsite.com/books
Facebook: http://ww

The Cross (2 books)
  • Invisible Masterpiece (The Cross Series, #2)