Start by marking “Her Final Confession (Detective Josie Quinn #4)” as Want to Read:
Her Final Confession (Detective Josie Quinn #4)

Her Final Confession

(Detective Josie Quinn #4)

Watching her friend dragged away in handcuffs, Josie couldn't believe for one second that Gretchen had killed that poor boy. Confession or not, someone else was involved. She would find out who…

When the body of a young student is found on the driveway of a local Denton home, a photograph pinned to his collar, Detective Josie Quinn is first on the scene. The house belongs
Published November 28th 2018 by Bookouture

To ask other readers questions about Her Final Confession, please sign up.
Sian Cheney Near the end of "Her Mother's Grave" (Book 3)
I had to re-read the end of that book before reading this one to remind myself

Meredith
Nov 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Another strong addition to the Detective Josie Quinn series!

Her Final Confession is a police procedural about a cop accused of murder. While the accused officer confesses to the crime, Detective Josie Quinn believes in her colleague's innocence. Josie will stop at nothing to prove her colleague's innocence, even if it means putting her relationships and her safety in danger.

Her Final Confession focuses on the Gretchen Palmer, an enigmatic cop on Josie’s team. When the body of a young man is foun
Debra
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Another solid, well thought out and perfectly paced book by Regan!!

When Gretchen Palmer turns herself in for the murder of a young man found shot and with a photo pinned to his back, Josie does not believe it. True, Gretchen keeps to herself and doesn't share much about her life, but she has been a trusted member of the Denton Police Department and Josie knows there is more to this confession and crime than there appears to be.

As Josie investigates Gretchen's past, more bodies are foun
Berit☀️✨
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
BEST SERIES of the year!!!

This is the fourth book in the Josie Quinn Series, all four of the books were published this year, 2018... this is an exceptional police procedural series, filled with wonderful characters and compelling plots... they can all be read as standalones but why would you want to? They are all brilliant and each is better than the last... I think this is a series best devoured from The beginning! I just took a look at my review for the first book and I mention that I felt th
Sandy *The world could end while I was reading and I would never notice*
EXCERPT: A shudder ran the length of her body. Again, she closed her eyes and took several deep breaths. Then she opened them and continued. "He said, 'Hello sweetheart. I've missed you.' You don't know how many times I 've heard that voice in my head, in my nightmares. It never went away. As long as he was out there, I was afraid he'd come back. He always a said he would. . ."

ABOUT THIS BOOK: Watching her friend dragged away in handcuffs, Josie couldn't believe for one second that Gretchen had
Liz
Nov 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley

With book four in the series, Josie seems to be settling down in her personal life. She’s re-discovered her family and has her drinking under control. But now there’s a shakeup with her team when a young man is killed in Gretchen’s driveway and Gretchen disappears. Then several says later she reappears and confesses. “Gretchen was a locked door and no one had the key.” Everyone likes Gretchen, but no one really knows her. Could she have done this? Josie refuses to believe it.

As with the prior b
Brenda - Traveling Sister
Apr 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
A Murder, a confession, a determined detective searching for the truth.

One of the things I enjoy most about this series is the focus on Josie’s relationships and the dynamics between them. In this story Josie is determined to solve the murder of a student and save her friend from a murder charge. Secrets come to light adding some suspense and tension to the story. Just when it seemed like things were coming together in the case another twist comes and Josie races against time to find the killer.
Selena
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received a free e-copy of Her Final Confession (Detective Josie Quinn #4) by Lisa Regan from NetGalley for my honest review.

Lisa Regan has become one of my all time favorite authors. She is an amazing author with a gift of writing. Once you read one of her books you will be hooked.

Her Final Confession, is an amazing non-stop thrill of a read. A book with amazing characters, a complex story line and, and a heart racing mystery that will not disappoint. I hope this series never ends.

Mandy White
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: net-galley
Seriously people, you need to get on board the Josie Quinn train if you haven't already.!!! This series is fantastic and addictive. Josie Quinn is such a strong, likeable and fun character. This is book 4 and they show no signs of slowing down. Her Final Confession had me wanting one more chapter even when the chapters ran out!!

Josie arrives at the scene of the crime to find a murdered young student with a photo pinned to his chest. The address of this murder is that of one of their own, Gretch
Brenda
Detective Josie Quinn knew the address they’d been directed to – it belonged to her friend and colleague, Detective Gretchen Palmer. With horror spreading through her, she and Noah arrived at the scene. But it was a young man whose body lay in the drive way, with no sign or sight of Gretchen. And when she had been missing for over twenty-four hours, the chief of police was determined to put out a warrant for her arrest.

But Josie knew Gretchen wouldn’t have killed the young man. She knew somethin
Linda Strong
Dec 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing

When Josie gets a call to investigate a homicide, she has no idea that the address she is given belongs to Gretchen Palmer, a much valued member of Josie's team.

A young man is lying in the driveway, shot in the back, with a picture of a young boy pinned to his chest .... but where is Gretchen?

Working all hours, Josie and Luke are very much surprised when Gretchen shows up at the police station demanding that they arrest her. She wants to confess to killing the young man in her driveway.

Josie re
Maranda
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
REGAN brings another intense crime drama staring Josie Quinn. Been following this series and I have not been disappointed. Love the intense crime of murder being investigated by Quinn. Great story and characters that mesh quite well together. CAN'T WAIT FOR #5. "A copy of this book was provided by Bookouture via Netgalley with no requirement for a review. Comments here are my honest opinion."
Kat Dietrich
Her Final Confession by Lisa Regan is the 4th in the Detective Josie Quinn Series.

First, let me thank NetGalley, the publisher Bookouture, and of course the author, for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

Series Background (Warning – May contain spoilers from previous books):
Josie Quinn was made a rather reluctant interim Chief of Police in Denton, Pennsylvania after solving a large case which resulted in the kidnapping, torture and dea
Jean
Dec 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bookouture, netgalley
Another great book in the Detective Josie Quinn series. I just finished "Her Mother's Grave" and I loved it so much I wanted to dive right into the next one. This book can be read as a stand-alone but I highly recommend reading the previous books first (especially #3). This book did not disappoint. It was a little slow in the beginning (but it could have been because I was still on a high from book #3) but it picked up in the middle and the ending is one that I would never have guessed. Great wr ...more
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Thank you NetGalley for the ARC of Her Final Confession by Lisa Regan that I read and reviewed.
This series only gets better as it goes on. Josie Quinn has to be one of my favorite female lead characters in any series that is out in any market of books out there. She is the full package and when you are reading a book in this series you are going to have an excellent story with a kick butt female cop who knows how to get the bad guy and take the reader on one great ride on the way.on
As for this f
Donna Hines
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, netgalley
Gretchen confessed to murder!
It was all the headlines focused on but for Josie she couldn't believe her friend was capable of such violence.
Why confess to a murder you didn't commit?
Apparently evidence and the modus operandi is in play as Detective Josie follows any and all leads to solve this mystery.
What is the connection to the photograph pinned to the collar, the young student in the driveway of the private Denton home, and the Devil Blade's members?
Could this be more than one party involved
Marj Ward
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lisa Regan has become a favourite and I love this series. Josie is a dedicated police detective. In this book she sets out to prove that her friend, a fellow police detective did not murder a young man in cold blood. I read past my bedtime to finish this book because I could not put it down. This series keeps getting better and better. I can't wait for Josie's next case. Thanks to NetGalley, Bookoutre and the Author for allowing me to read and review this book.
Zoé-lee O'farrell
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing

I have started this series late. I joined in when I read book three and instantly Detective Josie Quinn stole my heart with what she went through.

What the hell was going on this book?! We have three separate storylines going on at once and I could not figure out how they were all linked until it was too late! You have an initial enticement with Linc Shore and Benji Stone, part of the local bikers in the prologue. We then have two storylines intertwining, a murder spree that started in 1992 of co
Lou
Nov 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Her Final Confession, the fourth novel in the Detective Josie Quinn series based at the Denton PA Police Department, is an adrenaline-fuelled and explosive story that is refreshingly straightforward and easy to follow. Part of the reason why its so successful in my opinion is that it focuses primarily on Josie's point of view, there are many twists and turns throughout and it travels at a rapid pace. The plot is exceptionally done, however, it requires a rather hefty suspension of disbelief as t ...more
Book Addict Shaun
Mar 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’ve said before how much I love this series and that remains true after finishing Her Final Confession. Once again Lisa Regan has written another gripping and thrilling mystery.

I love the character of Josie Quinn and especially enjoyed reading more about the developments in her personal life with her sister, her newfound family and also her relationship with Noah who I also really enjoy reading about (and picturing!) Josie is a likeable and believable character and her home life to me is just
Denise
Nov 18, 2018 added it
Absorbing and complicated, this crime thriller featuring Detective Josie Quinn and Lieutenant Noah Fraley will have your head spinning. Great action and intricate details make this police procedural one that you won't want to miss. The series just keeps getting better with every new book!

Set in the fictional town of Denton, Pennsylvania, Quinn is no longer acting Chief of Police but has been replaced by Bob Chitwood. He interrupts a party date evening between Josie and Noah to attend a crime sce
Nancy Thompson
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Regan's done it again, delivered another nail-biting thriller that'll keep you reading when you really should be sleeping. Josie Quinn will go down as one of the most memorable detectives in literature.
peggy
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the fourth in the Josie Quinn series and I loved it.
In this book Josie needs to get to the bottom of why her friend and colleague has asked to be arrested for murder. Gretchen who has been arrested is a very private person just like Josie, they have an unspeakable bond. As Josie delves deeper into Gretchen' s past what she finds out is unbelievable, distressing and heart breaking. Josie has 48hours to clear her friends name. Meanwhile a serial killer is in town and has Josie in his sight
Paula
Nov 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Her Final Confession (A Josie Quinn Mystery) by Lisa Regan was quite the addictive book (as described). Josie Quinn is a strong lead female character, and I enjoyed the interactions between her and the other characters. Their dialogue and interactions were believable. The book even has the typical higher-up that clashes with Josie and Chitwood fit the bill perfectly for being a difficult adversary.

There were parts in the story where I felt I missed some backstory regarding the characters in hav
Candice
Dec 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
What happens when you are a police officer investigating a murder, and the murderer is another cop?

Holy Hannah, this book is what happens.

Detective Josie Quinn is back and in the middle of this convoluted, twisting nightmare. Josie believes that her colleague is innocent, and she will stop at nothing to prove it - including putting herself directly in harms way.

I was sucked right into this story, because I LOVE a good police procedural and the idea that the main suspect is a police officer is ev
Robin Loves Reading
Please see all of my reviews on my blog at www.robinlovesreading.com.

OMG! Boy, was my heart in my throat reading the first chapter of this book! When I thought who might the victim in this story, I must admit that I was devastated. Why? Because I read Her Mother’s Grave back in July. I don’t quite get it, I have read over 150 books since then, but I remember the characters and developed a fondness for some of them. Thanks Lisa Regan for yanking me into this story by my neck!

When we start this bo
Julie Morris
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the fourth book in the Josie Quinn series and I have to admit that I have not read the first three (not sure why, I must remedy that oversight). The fact that I had not read the previous ones did not diminish my enjoyment of this book at all, it can easily be read as a standalone, but I think that if you read this first, it probably contains some spoilers for the previous books, so you might want to read them in order if you plan on reading them all.

This book gets off to a flying start,
Els
Dec 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The fourth book in the series but I have only read two of them and with this one the auhtor has hit bull's eye once again.

This story kept me on edge the whole time. Normally it does not effect me in real life but now I felt ill at ease because it was so creepy. I even checked the locks a second time before I went to bed last night. It is a first class example of how an author can transmit the atmosphere of a book into the life of a reader. Needless to say that it shows how gifted she is.

I won't
Kat
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ohhh yessss this is from start to finish one hell of a brilliant thriller that just grabs you, pulls you in and doesn’t let go still it reaches a real stonker of an ending. Full of twists and exquisite writing from the genius author Lisa Regan this series featuring detective Josie Quinn has just got better and better with each book, learning more of the background of both Josie and her team which makes it a truly captivating read...I devoured it, just couldn’t put it down and now feel lost as I ...more
Kat
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Elaine Tomasso
Nov 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
I would like to thank Netgalley and Bookouture for an advance copy of Her Final Confession, the fourth novel to feature Detective Josie Quinn of the Denton PA Police Department.

When the body of a young man is found shot to death in Detective Gretchen Palmer’s doorway a BOLO is put out for her and all but Josie believe her to be guilty. Josie insists that there is more to the shooting than meets the eye and is astonished when Gretchen hands herself in. This, if anything, spurs her on to investiga
  • Her Pretty Bones (Detective Gina Harte, #3)
  • Post Mortem (Collins and Griffiths, #1)
  • If I Could Stay
  • The Silent Girls (Detective Anna Gwynne, #1)
  • The End of Lies
  • Dead Memories (D.I. Kim Stone, #10)
  • Hindsight (Cas Lehman and Detective Ed Dyson #1)
  • The Mummers' Curse (Amanda Pepper, #7)
  • Lola Is Missing (Detective Rachel Prince, #1)
  • The Crying Season (Detectives Kane and Alton, #4)
  • Graveyard of the Atlantic (Mitchell Parker #2)
  • The Heat (Wyatt, #8)
  • Night Flight
  • Death Note (Detective Ruby Preston, #1)
  • Slaughter Park (The Belltree Trilogy, #3)
  • Runaway Lies
  • The Stalker: A Sons of Rome Prelude (Sons of Rome, #0.5)
  • Deadly Strain (Biological Response Team, #1)
Lisa Regan is a suspense novelist. She has a Bachelor’s Degree in English and Master of Education Degree from Bloomsburg University. She lives in Philadelphia with her husband and daughter.

Detective Josie Quinn (5 books)
  • Vanishing Girls (Detective Josie Quinn, #1)
  • The Girl With No Name (Detective Josie Quinn, #2)
  • Her Mother's Grave (Detective Josie Quinn, #3)
  • The Bones She Buried (Detective Josie Quinn #5)