Start by marking “Living My Best Li(f)e” as Want to Read:
Living My Best Li(f)e

Living My Best Li(f)e

~*~ This heart-warming and funny novel is the perfect balm for the Insta-weary mind ~*~
Bell
had it all, the perfect job, the perfect partner, and on their 10th anniversary she thought she would get the ring… But two weeks later, Bell wakes up to find herself still clutching a wine bottle and the memories of Collin saying those dreaded words: ‘We need to talk…’
Determined
Published July 23rd 2019 by Simon & Schuster UK

To ask other readers questions about Living My Best Li(f)e, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Living My Best Li(f)e

Ivana - Diary of Difference
Finished - review coming soon.
Cressida McLaughlin
A heartwarming book about friendship, community and finding your own kind of happy.
Rachel Gilbey
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a truly joyous debut novel, a book filled with a lot of fun, an adorable child, two fabulous main characters, and a message about social media too.

I really loved getting to know both Bell and Millie in their own chapters, and once they both discovered the local community centre existed and met each other, it was the start of a beautiful new friendship, which had great benefits to both women.

Millie is a single mum to 5 year old Wolf, her ex is a celebrity footballer and has a knack of lett
Kirsty
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed Claire Frost's debut novel and cannot wait for more from her.

Living my best life is the story of Bell and Millie. Bell has recently broken up with her boyfriendl and trying to work out how she goes about living her best life now her plan has gone out of the window. Millie is a social media influencer who according to instagram appears to be living her best life but actually isn't and is really struggling as a young single parent.

What I particularly enjoyed the most about thi
Zarina
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review originally published on my blog: http://bit.ly/2LX4Yhw

Social media is a blessing and a curse at the same time. On the one hand it's a great tool to keep up-to-date with what's happening in the world, be inspired by beautiful photos of recipes to try or places to travel to, and stay in touch with people we may otherwise have never even known. On the other, it paints a very skewed picture – as we tend to only show the good bits – increasing people's feelings of anxiety and not being good en
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Sadly this wasn’t for me. I didn’t warm to any of the characters and the dialogue felt very stilted and was annoying me by the end. It was a nice concept but the handful of sub plots felt too easily resolved and I was relieved to finish it. Sorry!
Fabulous Book Fiend
Oh this book was just absolute perfection. It has all the feelings of those classic rom coms we love so much but with a fresh take that comes from a debut novelist especially when that someone is so wrapped up in the world of social media.

Bell and Millie are great characters to spend this novel with. They have just the kind of flaws that I love to read about that make them so likable and so easy to relate to. Bell is struggling to get over a break up and also panicking about turning 40. She has
Ingstje
I was immediately interested in this novel when I read the title and I was even more convinced I was going to relate to the characters really well when I read the blurb. Bell and Millie are a bit older than usual – Bell’s next birthday is going to be the big 4-0 and Millie is in her early thirties – and I was happy to find they were fun but also responsible, mature women who happened to fall more into my age range. Bell and Millie are also both single, independent women with some emotional/relat ...more
Daisy Dooley
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was an absolute joy to read from start to finish! I'm actually sad that I've finished it as it just uplifted me so much. Based around two main characters, Bell and Millie, this book is a fresh and current voice that looks at life for women in the 21st century. The perils of online dating, single parenthood, trying to juggle work and families/relationships. But it doesn't shy away from more complex subjects such as bullying, mum guilt, and post natal depression, all of which are handled ...more
Emma Star Crossed Reviews
This review was originally posted on Star Crossed Reviews I received this book for free from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Thank you to Simon and Schuster for my copy of this book via netgalley. I have seen Claire host a Fabulous event a few years ago so the name was already familiar to me. I also heard an extract at the Spring Blogger Event hosted by Books and the City earlier this year. Sadly my schedule has ...more
Kirsty Oughton
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one book I have been desperate to read since I seen it was being released. I’m feeling so lucky to be able to read and review an early proof copy.

What a debut novel from Claire, I thoroughly enjoyed the messages behind the story which is basically that you don’t have to filter your life to be able to enjoy it. Millie is a single mother to her boy Wolf and she is an influencer on Instagram, she feels this will only work well and she will earn a living if she filters and photoshops her li
Shaz Goodwin
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

So much to enjoy in Living my Best Life …

I thought it made a refreshing change to have an older female lead (Bell is 39, almost 40). And it’s so true, when you’re younger you think that people in their late 30+’s have life sussed. Until you get there. 🙂 I really enjoyed watching Bell re-discover herself and develop as a character. Best friend Suze has her own insecurities to deal with too. Their friendship felt very real and it’s clear that they accepted e
Carly
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fantastic, well-written book for social media addicts !

I really enjoyed this book, it was so down to earth with its characters and settings. The two main characters were great - there’s Millie who is a single mum and a good mum. I found Millie doubted herself a lot but Bell brought her to life and made her realise there was more to her than just being a mum. Then there was Bell who was single , nearly 40 and plodding along with her life not realising something was missing.

This book really ma
Samantha
May 12, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Didn’t like this one at all. Schmaltzy life about friendships, community and finding yourself. Really cliched and rather boring - 185 pages in and nothing is really happening. The characters are at best trying and at worst pathetic and a 4 year old child called Wolf with the verbal and mental capabilities of a grown up didn’t ring true either.

It was drawn out with no pace or intrigue and was all so predictable that even skim reading I missed nothing and the ending was just as lack lustre as the
Rachel Kennedy
Jul 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The stories of Bell and Millie, told from both of their points of view.

Millie is an instagrammer, and from looking at her posts, her life seems perfect. but the reality is something very different.

Bell is newly sinlge, after her boyfriend of 10 years breaks up with her.

Bell and Millie meet one day at the local community centre and soon become good friends.

An entertaining read, with a warning that we shouldn't always believe what we see or read online!

I received an ARC of this book in exchange f
thewoollygeek
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a wonderful debut novel, so fresh, funny and interesting. The characters are so likeable you just cant help but root for them. A wonderful story about friendship, social media and living your best life. This book not only entertains but it leaves you questioning your own social media life, looking forward to future books from Claire now.

Thanks to netgalley and the publisher for a free copy for an honest opinion
Gem ~ Bee
Aug 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Charting the highs and lows of Instagram and celebrating friendships & moving on.
I loved this book because of its sense of reality and how compared to the filtered glamour of social media a lot lies behind the scenes and it conceals loneliness and struggles. This is a book that really champions connections and finding your tribe.
Helen Edwards
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. I'm just sorry I've finished it. Liked having the two perspectives, Bell and Millie being different ages. I also liked the thought-provoking commentary on social media, and in particular, Instagram.
Laura Kemp
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A truly heart-warming book about friendship, love and the importance of keeping it real in the Insta world. A fab debut!
Sinead
May 18, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars - this is a lovely book about friendship and how what you see on social media is not real life. If you are looking for a feel good book, this is one to pick up!
Amy Rowland
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant!
Simona
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*Book provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review*

I was very excited to start this book, because oft he author, the blurb and also the title. I didn’t disappoint at all, I really loved it!

We follow two completely different women in this book. Bell is almost forty and finds herself single after ten years. She needs to change something in her life and move on. That’s not so easy, easpecially when she is comparing herslef to people on social media. She eventually starts a photography
Jenny
rated it did not like it
Jul 23, 2019
Jennifer Howorth
Aug 17, 2019
Abigail
Aug 07, 2019
Karen Whittard
I’m really sorry but this book just wasn’t for me. I really struggled to get into this book and it just didn’t work for me. Sorry
Alice
May 17, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
DNF at 52%. Well, I made it to half way but it was a struggle. This book didn’t hold my interest at all. I am a big women’s fiction fan but this one was a case of good idea but poor execution. Life is too short to struggle through books I am not enjoying so I won’t be finishing this one.
Claire Riley