Start by marking “Unbroken (Loveless, Texas, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Unbroken (Loveless, Texas, #0.5)

Unbroken

(Loveless, Texas 0.5)

From the New York Times bestselling author of the Marked Men series comes a captivating novella about a rugged rodeo star who will do anything to protect the people he loves.

When rodeo star Crew Lawton loses everything in a bad bet, he has no choice but to take a new job to pay off his debts – even if it means becoming the face of an expensive male skincare line. Crew is u
Published May 14th 2019 by Forever Yours

To ask other readers questions about Unbroken, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unbroken

Christy
4 stars

photo 3978255A-A7B7-42C0-9996-E10A8FFA1FDD_zpsvwxqqgda.png

Unbroken is the start of Jay Crownover's newest series, Loveless Texas. Jay Crownover can write books about tattoo artists, she can write romantic suspense, and she can also write about cowboys. It's not very often I read cowboy romances, but I thought I'd give this one a try. It hooked me and I can't wait to get more from this family.

Crew Lawton is in a bit of a pickle. He's a rodeo star, but he's got himself into debt from his gambling and has to find a way to pay it back. This means
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
3.5 STARS
You can be my bad habit, Crew. You can be the entirety of my rebellious phase.”

Confession: it's been a hot minute since I read a Jay Crownover book. I know, I know! I'm ashamed of myself and I don't even know why it's been so long. And it has been. TOO LONG. And this was the perfect novella to throw me right back into my Jay lovefest. Consider me hooked. Line and sinker. I'm frothing at the mouth for more of her Loveless series. FROTHING AT THE MOUTH I TELLS YA.

This was a short yet
Carrie
May 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Review coming soon.
1-Click Addict Support Group
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If ever a title matched the story, this was it!

I just finished this novella and I want to read and savour it all over again. This story had me at cowboy and Crew lived up to my high expectations! He was used to being the black sheep in the family, even if he didn’t like it. Caught in a trap of his own making, he was his own worst critic but knew he had to sort out the mess himself. Even if Della was a curveball he never saw coming… Della was fighting her own demons and was determined, like Crew,
Beth
Some times opposites do attract and when they do, even in the imagings of an author, it makes for great reading. Cowboy bad boy, who has pushed his luck way to far and a woman who runs her NYC/Paris corporate cosmetic family empire. Great romance with almost a novella length making for enjoyable, quick and easy reading.

I received this ARC copy of Unbroken from Forever (Grand Central Publishing) - Forever Yours. This is my honest and voluntary review. Unbroken is set for publication May 14, 2019.
Bookphenomena (Micky)
Review is up on the blog: https://atakefromtwocities.wixsite.co...

This novella was a good series starter, it set the context and the family well for the series that is up and coming. UNBROKEN brought a cowboy, Crew out of his failing broncho-riding world and into New York for a makeover related to sponsorship deals. Della was the product lead and therefore responsible for his transformation. I liked their opposites dynamic.

As can be the case with novellas, the characters were sketched m
Melanie
3.5 Stars

Unbroken was a great start to the Loveless, Texas series with a wonderful opposites attract romance.

Rodeo star Crew Lawton is used to taking risks due to his job and those risks have become an addiction. When Crew can’t pay his debts, he’s forced to take a new job to get a quick payout which means this rough and tumble cowboy is now the face of a new expensive male skincare line. Keeping Crew in line is Della Deveaux, the woman behind the skincare line. Della isn’t going to let a cowboy
Wendy ⏃: ✦Cheeky Chicks Blogger✦
4 STARS!

Unbroken by Jay Crownover, starts this brand new series off with a BANG! From the start, we're immediately brought the action as we sit on the edge of our seats, biting our nails in anticipation!

Crew Lawton I would say is the bad boy of the Lawton siblings. A famous rodeo star whose got himself into some deep trouble. He's got charm and swagger but his downfall is his gambling addiction which has caused him to owe a lot of money to someone he should not.

This brings us to Della Deveaux,
Carmen Rae
So Idk if you know that a pre-order of Rebecca Yarros’ book got you a free copy of Girl in Luv co written by Jay. For me this was such a massive win I was thrilled. Until I got to the end and realised there was a second half Boy in Luv, which I could only get with a pre-order of Justified by Jay. Too easy! I jumped on Amazon and pre-ordered that sucker immediately then realised I have to wait for freaking ever for both books. Obviously this led to some stalking and obsessing and then BOOM there ...more
Kahea
***4 Stars***

This was a great intro to a new series. It had just the right balance of humor, heart, drama and smexy and characters I want to get to know better.

Crew and Della were a lot of fun. Crew is a sweetheart, he really is. He may not know when to reign it in, but the man is a good one with more charm and charisma than he knows what to do with. Della is a spitfire. Hardworking and stubborn, she know what she wants and isn’t afraid to do what it takes to make it happen. Though things happ
Ari
May 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
*I received a copy of this book from the author/publisher in exchange for an honest review.*

❝ We were so different. We hardly knew each other. We lived very different lives, but I couldn't deny that if there was a way to make it work, I wanted it all with him too.❞

description

Me when Jay Crownover announced that she was publishing the Loveless, Texas series.

description

I've been waiting two years for Crownover to bring this series to life and the time has finally come for us to meet the Lawton family! If you've r
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
description
Two people, as opposite as can be, somehow find their way to one another. A big city girl, doing everything to prove herself worthy and a country boy doing everything to prove he isn’t. I was enamored with both Crew and Della from the start. They were incredibly intriguing and endearing. Their chemistry was sizzling and captivating.

I was surprised how much depth Crownover was able to convey in this story. As it’s a novella, I expected things to feel more rushed but that wasn’t the case. We were
Kim
May 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
This is a novella getting us more ready for the Lawtons in Loveless, Texas. This one is about Crew Lawton, middle brother, rodeo star, and total screw up. He's impulsive, a risk taker, adrenaline junkie, womanizer, and has some bad vices...some so bad that he now owes a lot of money to a dangerous man. His life is spiraling fast and just as he hits rock bottom, there is a little unexpected glimmer of hope.

Della Deveaux is his opposite. She is controlled, cautious, driven, and hard working. She h
Michele
Apr 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed Crew and Della's connection in Unbroken. They were the epitome of "opposites attract" which made it even more satisfying. When this rodeo tough guy agrees to be the "face" for Della's new cosmetics line, you knew he had to be in dire need of money. As this was a novella, things move pretty quickly so I'm not going to tell much more about the story itself. Suffice it to say, this novella not only gives us their story but sets the groundwork for this series. We get to meet Crew's ...more
Deanna (A Novel Glimpse)
Original review: A Novel Glimpse

Note: This review is for an ARC and is my unbiased opinion.

Unbroken was a really fun way to begin a new series. Crew and Della were complete opposites and I liked what that effect that had on the story and their relationship. There were so many great little moments between them. I’m a little sad this was just a novella because I could have read an entire book about Crew and Della. Unbroken made me excited for what’s to come in Loveless, Texas.
Paula White
Apr 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I enjoyed this introduction to the Lawton family. Della and Crew were good together and showed that opposites can indeed work. Crew had got himself in to a bit of trouble and needed to do something he would not normally do to make some money. Crew was not Della's usual type but they hit it off straight away and felt comfortable together. Loved the Lawton's siblings dynamic and after reading the prologue to Case's book - I would love to dive right in, if only it was out!

Thanks to NetGalley for t
Shayna
Apr 15, 2019 is currently reading it
Shelves: arc-review
Alecia ~☆~The Staircase Reader~☆~
description
I am obsessed with COWBOY romances. But when you take that cowboy and put him at the top of his game in the rodeo circuit, you've just made my day entirely! Unbroken is a novella to the Loveless, Texas series by Jay Crownover. After reading Unbroken, I am so freaking pumped to get more involved in this series. I need all the words NOW!

Unbroken is the story of one rodeo man, Crew, who has found himself in very hot water with his gambling debt. And one city woman, Della, who will do anything and e
Aly
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I had the chance to read this novella before it's released because it was included in a book I ordered :).

Unbroken was a great introduction to Jay Crownover's newest series. We meet Crew Lawton, a rodeo cowboy and adrenaline junkie with a taste for gambling that got him in trouble. After a far from friendly visit from a dangerous and influential man, Crew need to find the money to pay his debts and reluctantly accept a contract imposed by his agent to pose for a skincare male beauty campaign.

De
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
May 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: didi-reviews

Rarely do I read a novella, but the blurb for UNBROKEN demanded I give it a chance and I am so glad I did! I’ve read Jay Crownover before and know that she builds dynamic worlds that draw you in and make you feel like you are living in them, UNBROKEN is no exception. Cowboy romances are my favorite and I am a super fan of Lorelei James, the queen of cowboy romance, so when I say Jay Crownover did a superb job with her first cowboy romance, it means I really liked UNBROKEN!

UNBROKEN is a opposites
Dirty Dayna
Apr 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 ride it cowboy Stars
I must say I haven’t read this author in quite a long time but I feel she has come a long way since the dreaming book series Marked Men. I wouldn’t even put them together if I didn’t know. Which is not a bad thing. She left her tattooed bad boys behind and decided to grab the reigns of the bronco riding bad boy. Crew is on top of the rodeo world until a bad year with a back alley broker takes control of his life and shifts his focus away from the rodeo which gives him a ba
Bookgasms Book Blog
May 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ratula
I have been a Jay Crownover fan since Rule and can not get enough of her words. For that reason when I heard she was developing a brand new series, I could not jump on it fast enough. Crew and Della were opposites attract gold. I loved their banter more than anything and the fiery back and forth between them. Their chemistry was hot af and the mysterious cartel element was fantastic! I was hooked from the start.

When down on his luck Crew Lawton makes a deal with the devil he has to live with the
Julia - The Romance Bibliophile
Apr 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
NO SPOILERS!

Unbroken was a sexy, suspenseful, and entertaining standalone romance novella, as well as start to the Loveless, Texas series. I loved Jay Crownover’s writing style, and really enjoyed the storyline and characters.

Crew and Della’s story was fun and sexy with some suspense thrown in, and while I ultimately wanted more of them since Unbroken was only a novella, I enjoyed what I did read.

Unbroken was a great start to the Loveless, Texas series, and I’m looking forward to Crew’s brother,
Manoela
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

Unbroken é um prequel que tem o intuito de dar início a nova série da autora Jay Crownover Loveless Texas. Esse é um livro curtinho,que conta uma história fofa mas que serve mais para preparar a gente para essa nova série .

Eu gostei muito dessa história , é curta fofa e com um toque de suspense. Crew e Della são personagens fáceis de simpatizar e a ideia de opostos se atraem apesar de ser clichê funcionou muito bem aqui . Eu acho que a relação deles foi um pouco rápida demais e gostari
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)
May 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-s

Unbroken kicks off what I think will be a GREAT new series from Jay Crownover. In this story we meet Crew, a rodeo guy on a downward spiral and Della, a wealthy girl trying to get her father's attention. Crew owes money to a Vegas bookie and will do anything to get out of the debt. Turns out, his manager already signed him up for a way: the face of Della Deveraux's newest line of products.

Crew is so damaged. He views himself as the black sheep of his family and has been hiding his troubles from
Amanda
May 05, 2019 rated it liked it
[I received a digital arc for an honest review]

I want to preface this review by stating three thing. 1- I love Jay Crownover's writing and I have read everything she has written. I have enjoyed some more than others but overall I know what I am getting when I crack open her books. 2- I am very picky when it comes to cowboy romances. I expect certain feelings and emotions from cowboy romances when I go into them. 3- I am not a fan of novellas, most of the time they just aren't long enough for me
Romance Schmomance (Malia)
Ever read a novella and wonder why it's not a full-length novel?! That's exactly how I felt with Unbroken. It has been SOOOOOO long since I've read a Crownover book and once I heard about her new Lawless series (cowboys ... small-town?) count me in! Unbroken was such a solid introduction to her new series and I'm beyond eager to read more about the Lawtons.

Are you ready for Crew because I sure wasn't! That cowboy just barreled into the story and I just wanted to reach out and the hug the guy. AN
Shannon
Unbroken
Loveless, Texas , Book .5

I Picked Up This Book Because: I like this author

The Characters:

Crew Lawton:
Della Deveaux

The Story:

This is a solid start to a new series set in small town Texas. Crew is awesome and drool worthy but not without his issues. Della maybe an ice princess to the rest of the world but she melts big time for Crew. The story did drag a bit in the middle but was overall good. I can’t wait to see where this series goes.

The Random Thoughts:

The Score
Jessica
Apr 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was so happy to start this series. Thanks to Netgalley for getting me approved to read it. I love Jay Crownovers work. This was an easy and quick read. For a novella it was actually longer than I expected. At the ending I still wanted more of them. Now in this one I think we needed a little bit more drama. Either with his manager or more with the family to make this book a 5 stars. Now Jay did not upset me with her writing. She has a way with words that make you feel like your living the story ...more
Carissa
WOW! What a fantastic intro to Loveless, Texas. I'm loving that there is a family dynamic that each 3 siblings are completely different. Jay has a way with describing a scene and expressing feelings that makes me feel like I'm in a scene or character. I'm definitely going to be reading the rest of the series.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Nothing Without You (Forever Yours, #2.5; Big Sky, #4.4)
  • Crazy Imperfect Love (Dirty Dicks #2.5; Big Sky #4.2)
  • All It Takes (Romancing Manhattan, #2)
  • Never Have I Ever
  • Worth Fighting For (Warrior Fight Club, #2.5; Big Sky, #4.3)
  • The Edge of Us (Crash and Burn, #2)
  • The Hookup Handbook
  • Hold On (Play On, #2.5; Big Sky, #4.6)
  • Wicked Force (Wicked Horse Vegas, #4.5; Big Sky, #4.1)
  • One Last Ride (Second Chance, #3)
  • All Stars Fall (Seaside Pictures, #3.5; Big Sky, #4.5)
  • Crazy for Your Love (The Boys of Jackson Harbor, #5)
  • Ember (Fire on the Mountain, #3)
  • Before the Dawn
  • Million Dollar Devil (Million Dollar, #1)
  • Dismount (Off Balance, #5)
  • Gimme Some Sugar (Sex and Sweet Tea, #5)
  • Neanderthal and Human Seek Baby (Knitting in the City #9)
Jay Crownover is the International and multiple New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of the Marked Men Series, The Saints of Denver Series, and The Point and Breaking Point Series. Her books can be found translated in many different languages all around the world. She is a tattooed, crazy haired Colorado native who lives at the base of the Rockies with her awesome dogs. This is where sh ...more

Loveless, Texas (1 books)
  • Justified (Loveless, Texas, #1)