Start by marking “Rafe: A Buff Male Nanny (Loose Ends #1)” as Want to Read:
Rafe: A Buff Male Nanny (Loose Ends #1)

Rafe: A Buff Male Nanny

(Loose Ends #1)

All Dr. Sloan Copeland needed was someone to watch her kids. What she found was the man of her dreams…

After a nasty divorce and a thousand mile move, Dr. Sloan Copeland and her twin daughters are finally getting the hang of their new life in Los Angeles. When their live-in nanny bails with no warning, Sloan is left scrambling to find a competent caretaker to wrangle her sm
Published September 26th 2018 by Rebekah Weatherspoon

To ask other readers questions about Rafe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rafe

Start your review of Rafe: A Buff Male Nanny (Loose Ends #1)
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Jun 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was SO STEAMY?????? Holy heck
Riley
Sep 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really really enjoyed this.
Rafe is probably one of the best male love interests I have read. He is super masculine but without the toxic masculinity.
Sloan was a really great character as well. Being one of the youngest black female surgeons and single mom to twin girls, she had a lot on her plate. But she was such a great mom and I loved her relationship with her daughters.
I really liked that the conflict in this book never came from lack of communication. These characters actually talked t
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
Sigh. Don't get me wrong. 3 stars is not a bad rating. It's just that this book was one of my most anticipated reads and I was so convinced that I would adore everything about it, and instead, it fell short in so many ways.

the good:
• Rafe is super sweet, gentle, and 100% anti-toxic masculinity
• Sloan is a brilliant, hilarious, badass surgeon & mother
• the kids are cute AF
• Xeni & Monica are 10/10

the bad:
• too much pointless dialogue, not enough happening
• a lot of really awkward phrasing
Warda
I think I’ve found a new favourite romance author.
This book was so sweet and almost too perfect, since the characters barely had any flaws, but it didn’t bother me.
I love that this story highlighted healthy relationships, the importance of having good people around you and healthy families that have been formed after some tough times.
I happily could’ve read on and on about Rafe and Sloan.

I can’t wait to read more books from this author.

Read for #Smutathon.
Hannah Notess
Feb 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: writers-of-color
Okay so, this one requires some explanation. "Hannah," you may be thinking, "you are an award-winning literary author with a master's degree from a prestigious, nationally ranked institution." (note: I don't usually refer to myself as such, but it's true). "Why," you may ask, "would you be giving four stars to a romance novel titled Rafe: A Buff Male Nanny, when you just gave the exact same amount of stars to a highly regarded literary memoir?"

Well, never fear, because I have fired up the old la
Lacey (Booklovers For Life)
Reread with the audio june 2020!
Vicky Again
Jun 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was so great!! I've never read any Weatherspoon before but I'm so in love with RAFE and how comforting this story is. It's such a perfect blend of sweet and sexy, with a hefty dose of healthy relationship dynamics I looove.

Sloan and her daughters were so cute, and seeing Rafe and Sloan navigate their relationship healthily was just so heartwarming. Would highly recommend to adult romance lovers.
Obsidian
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Fans self. Seriously. This book was ridiculously hot. I loved Rafe and I loved Sloan. I am so going to track down the books in the rest of this series. Thank you for hot male nannies with tatoos who also can comb little girls hair.

"Rafe" I thought was really good, there are some odds and ends that I would usually ding a book for, but the love scenes more than made up for it. I loved that the main character was a black woman, top of her field (heart surgeon) dealing with two 6 year old twin girls
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***3.5 Stars***

I really enjoyed this!

What are you gonna get? Tatted, bearded, muscled, biker ginger + successful heart surgeon and single mom to two twin girls + no angst, feel good story with enough spice to satisfy your taste buds!

This was an easy read. It had me smiling from start to finish. There’s heart, steam, and plenty of humor.

Rafe may look like a guy with a tough exterior, but he was all ooey, gooey soft goodness on the inside. He was genuinely, straight up a nice guy. A teddy bear.
Hollis
Do I know why I checked this out on OD? Nope. Do I know why I actually followed through to read it? Also nope. Did I like it? Some of it. Did I hate it? Far from it. I am in no-lady's land right now.

If you like successful, smart, career-focused ladies, and soft, not-remotely toxic pseudo-alphas who make their living being a homemaker slash nanny, and, as a bonus, want to diversify your romance with an interracial couple where little to nothing has to do with race? You will probably love RAFE.

It'
Antonella
this is Rafe in my mind and you can't convince me otherwise...

3,5 stars
Dee's Reading Zone
Love the way this author weaved this sweet story! The memorable banter and relationship between Rafe, Sloan and those twins, Avery and Addison pulled me in and had me hanging on the very edge of my seat. Loved it!

Team Rafe as masculine nanny for life! lol

5 Happy feels stars *****
Olivia (Stories For Coffee)
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-love-love
Rebekah Weatherspoon is the queen of romance. Any story she will write, I will read. I absolutely loved this short romance that I read in one sitting which is a feat for a distracted reader like me, but Sloan and Rafe stole my heart from the moment I began this book. I just am such a sucked for a cool and collected, kind love interest and a smart, strong-willed female protagonist falling in love and creating a family together with Sloan’s wonderful and adorable twin girls. This book had just the ...more
Under the Covers Book Blog
Mar 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sometimes you pick up a book because the blurb and the tropes sound like total catnip for you.  That's how I ended up not being able to resist reading RAFE and as soon as the audiobook released, I had to pick it up.  I've read Rebekah Weatherspoon before and I knew I was in for a sexy ride.  But this book was different then the previous book I've read by her.  This one felt like a fun, fluffy ride while my previous read by her had more intensity and emotion.  Never fear.  This is not a bad t ...more
Thushara (Triobookdragons)
3.5 stars 🌟

Audiobook narrated by Lacy Laurel

Really enjoyed this romance between a single mom and her buff male nanny. The only thing that put me off was the narrator and her voice. I just don't know why, but I didn't mesh with the narrator. Her voice for the male love interest Rafe, was so cringy to me. I hated it and almost DNFed the book. But I wanted to give the author a chance, since she was a highly recommended romance author and I am glad I held on.

Why this wasn't a 5 stars was that this
Sam (AMNReader)
Somehow, I ended up, despite the three superfantabulous reads I've got going, reading and enjoying Rafe.

Am I glad I did? Sure! It's the nanny-family my favorite plot? Nah. Did I think it was escapist, diverting fun? Yes. I love Sloan's (black cardiothoracic surgeon with twin 6year olds) conversations with her friends. I liked, too, Rafe's interactions with both families. Rafe is a total love, without being sappy. Sloan's mix of ambition and innocence, essentially, were important to the dynamic
Lindsay
Apr 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Sometimes a romance can just be two people who are really well suited getting together with the minimum possible drama. As the author says, this one is super fluffy and a good quick read to brigthen your mood.
Lauren (The Novel Lush)
Will review later today... because I stayed up binging this book and I have to get up for work in 3 hours
b.andherbooks
The cover blurb for Rafe: A Buff Male Nanny by Rebekah Weatherspoon is no lie. Everyone you know are already saying "gimme" because this book is EXACTLY what the doctor ordered.

Dr. Sloan Copeland finds herself in dire need of a new live-in nanny after the one she entrusted her six-year-old twins to suddenly quits, with no warning.

In a bind, she agrees to hire a male nanny, something she's never considered. He comes highly recommended from people she trusts and immediately clicks with her girls,
Steph's Romance Book Talk
4.5 Stars / 4 Steam Fans

OMG!!! This book was so good! I enjoy interracial romances and this was just what I needed. It has so much sass, heart, family, and sexiness that I didn't want the story to end. It also makes me want to read more Rebekah Weatherspoon works as soon as I can.

This specific video review is included in the July 2019 wrap-up.

For other video book reviews check out my YouTube Channel: Steph's Romance Book Talk.
Julie Zantopoulos
Jun 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Gimma a hot male ginger nanny with a beard, tattoos, a motorcycle and a good way with kids who falls for a smart, sexy, single mother and I'm in. Now make that single mother a woman of color by a woman of color author with biracial children and I'm hella sold. This was such an empowering, sexy, steamy, and heartfelt read. Super stoked that I made it a priority during smutathon!
mina reads™️
Nov 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 this was adorable
TheEuphoricZat
Jun 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was actually meant to read this during the smutation but I just couldn't but I am glad I finally got to it.
So we have Rafe who is the new nanny for Dr sloan who is one of the youngest surgeons in the country.
He starts working for her and instantly they have this attraction that is really growing and it started blossoming fast

I love the fact that the author point out a lot of thing including the inter-racial relationship as Rafe is a tattoo tall hunk of a white man with his ginger hair and bear
Bethany
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: black-authors, lgbtq
"It's alright just to be a calm and gentle guy."

Oh my goodness, Rafe might be one of my all time favorite heroes! He is such a cinnamon roll and the characterization is just SO good. As the parent of an almost 6 year old, I loved the little things he does right as a caregiver. (Asking if the twins want a hug or a high five, being willing to let a puzzle take an hour, etc). This story follows a single mom (and brilliant surgeon) in need of emergency child care after being left in the lurch by he
Ashley
So I'm not mad I read this or anything, and I think for the right person, this book would be super enjoyable, but a couple of things just kept pulling me out.

But before I get into what I didn't like, I just want to say how much I admire this book's title. Rafe: A Buff Male Nanny is exactly what you would want it to be. He's buff. He's a male nanny. He's also kind, good with kids, extremely good in bed, and loyal as hell. He's basically the fantasy man (although wall to wall tattoos aren't reall
Tina
I like this story. But it was just .... fine.

What I really liked:

The construction of the characters. I love that Sloan was the wunderkind surgeon who had a very messed up dynamic with her ex. It gave texture to her and to the story.

I love that Rafe was this big, tatted, ginger who kinda fell into nannying because he was babysat his sisters and was good with kids.

I enjoyed the depiction of the different personalities of the twin girls and Rafe's relationship as their caregiver.

What was just.... f
menna
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this is so freaking good!! one thing that really stood out to me is how open Rafe and Sloan are with each other, they tell each other how they feel right away and they communicate openly with each other. i like slow burn as much as the next person but it was so refreshing to actually read about them knowing what they wanted and going after it without denying how they feel. it was incredibly sweet and cute and i loved it!
G.
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was ok
2.5/5

This was OK? I don't even know. There's nothing particularly wrong. It's just that everyone's a cinnamon roll and OMG I NEED ACTUAL CONFLICT. Because there's not much of a story here otherwise and it's way too long for what it is.
Jazmen
Feb 21, 2019 rated it liked it
If you're interested in my specific thoughts, feel free to ask me. I'm not doing a full review for this one. :)
Rosie J.
Oct 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Romance Lovers
What's NOT to love?! A smart likable heroine, cute and precocious kids and hot manny. Yes, this is not a typo -- manny. Plus, the hero loves his dad, (step)mama and sisters, and it's beautiful to behold! Special shout out to the hero's parents, I enjoyed reading their backstory. The guy on the cover is spot-on as Rafe, and has been used on quite a few covers, and I'm not mad -- AT ALL! Sweet, sweet love story with heat.

Highly Recommended: Read It!

• That Kind of Guy (Ravenswood, #3)
  • Untouchable (Ravenswood #2)
  • Tikka Chance on Me
  • Guarding Temptation
  • Can't Escape Love (Reluctant Royals, #2.6)
  • A Girl Like Her (Ravenswood, #1)
  • Office Hours
  • Grumpy Jake
  • A Prince on Paper (Reluctant Royals, #3)
  • Mating the Huntress
  • Take a Hint, Dani Brown (The Brown Sisters, #2)
  • Get a Life, Chloe Brown (The Brown Sisters, #1)
  • American Dreamer (Dreamers #1)
  • Wanna Bet? (Dirty British Romance, #2)
  • Once Ghosted, Twice Shy (Reluctant Royals, #2.5)
  • Damaged Goods (Ravenswood, #1.5)
  • Girl Gone Viral (Modern Love, #2)
  • The Princess Trap (Dirty British Romance, #1)
After years of meddling in her friends’ love lives, Rebekah Weatherspoon turned to writing romance to get her fix. Raised in Southern New Hampshire, Rebekah Weatherspoon now lives in Southern California where she will remain forever because she hates moving.

Her BDSM romance At Her Feet won the Golden Crown Literary Award for erotic lesbian fiction. Her novella FIT (#1 in the FIT Trilogy) won the R

Loose Ends (2 books)