Start by marking “Renewing Forever (This Time Forever, #2)” as Want to Read:
Renewing Forever (This Time Forever, #2)

Renewing Forever

(This Time Forever #2)

Frankie and Tommy once dreamed of traveling the world together. But when seventeen-year-old Frank kissed Tom, their plans ended with a punch to the jaw and Frank leaving town without looking back. Thirty years later, Frank’s successful career as a journalist is interrupted by his uncle’s death and the question of his inheritance—the family resort where his childhood dreams ...more
Published November 12th 2018 by Riptide Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Renewing Forever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Renewing Forever

Start your review of Renewing Forever (This Time Forever, #2)
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
Childhood best friends meet three decades later, realizing they both made mistakes, but sheer stubbornness and an unwillingness to reach out has kept them apart. They lived a life, interrupted.

This story carries a sense of nostalgia and regret. Frank arrives during a deluge, soaked to the bone and filled with dread. He is shocked to see the state of his uncle’s lodge and even more startled to run into Tom, still living the same life Frank left behind.

Melancholy permeates the men’s initial inte
Cadiva
Oct 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"...sex with someone you wanted this much could only ever remake the world."

Kelly Jensen scores a hat trick with Renewing Forever, this makes three out of three for books I've read and fallen in love with.

This one is a gorgeous second chance romance, a later in life love restored, just like the old lodge house, and proof that it's never too late to take a step on the road to forgiveness and understanding.

Both Frank and Tom are complex characters and there is no single issue of fault. Both made m
Ele
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was ok
*2.5 stars*

I honestly expected to love this one. I really enjoyed the first book in the series and when I saw that the second book follows two of my favorite tropes, friends to lovers and second chances I got pretty excited. Unfortunately, this story happens to include a lot of my pet peeves and stuff that don’t work for me as a reader. I’m pretty sure that other people won’t find it that bad, but it’s just how I feel.

The good:
The writing.
I really like Kelly Jensen’s writing, mostly the dialogu
Jennifer☠Pher☠
There is no doubt this is a beautiful book. It is well written and really sweeps you away to the past and effortlessly brings you back to the present and it does make you feel everything in between, but...

There was something missing. Whatever it is that makes me need and want just wasn't there.

Mostly I think this book just wasn't for me.

I am not a fan of long separations and this one was a doozy. It's not that I don't like a second chance romance, I do, I just sometimes feel like I get so caught
Ami
Oct 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
For me personally, Renewing Forever, the second installment in Kelly Jensen “This Time Forever” series is better than the first book.

First, it features both men approaching fifty years old – both Frank and Tom are 49 years old. Second, it has second-chance romance theme, since Frank and Tom hasn’t seen each other for three decades, after Frank left the town having his heart broken and rejected. Third, it is more quiet, more melancholy, which definitely right up my alley.

Also, the steam is low,
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Thirty years after childhood friends have a misunderstanding that sends them in very different directions in their lives they are reunited following the death of one’s mentor and the other’s uncle in this emotional and touching romance. They say time heals all wounds, and eventually that does happen in Renewing Forever, but it takes quite a while for these two men to forgive and move forward.

Friends since childhood Frankie and Tommy had big dreams of the life they would lead together on grand ad
Andrea
Nov 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: lgbt, romance, netgalley
They couldn't undo the last thirty years. Time had marched on, folding over the hurt and turning it into scars. They couldn't change it. Best thing to do would be to let it go.

But letting go of thirty years of pent-up anger, fears, and frustration is really not that easy, as Frank and Tom discover. They used to be best friends, determined never to give in to the simmering sexual tension between them, and when Frank finally does kiss him, he gets a broken nose in return, and loses the most import
ReadingAllNite
Nov 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, netgalley, arc-read
3.5 This is a quite lovely, if rather sad, second-chance romance for Frankie, best friend of Simon from book one. It uses some themes that I have a personal dislike of but they were utilized very well in the story. Frank was best friends with Tommy when they met as boys, in the woods surrounding his uncle Robert’s family resort in the Poconos. They’d shared hopes and dreams while growing up but Tommy’s life was in the trailer park with his alcoholic mother and Frankie’s was far more fortunate. S ...more
Caz
Nov 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
I've given this a B at AAR.

Kelly Jensen continues her  This Time Forever  series about couples in their forties finding love and happiness with Renewing Forever, a beautifully written, reflective and somewhat wistful story about childhood friends whose lives went in very different directions, and who must work out if the forever they’d envisaged three decades earlier might now be possible.

We first met Franklin – Frank – Tarn in Building Forever, book one in the series, as the best friend of S
Maria Rose
This is a poignant reunion romance for a pair of childhood friends who, as teenagers, moved a step closer to becoming more - an event that caused a rift and then separated them for decades. Frank and Tommy may have secretly been lusting after each other but couldn't translate that into a teenaged love affair. Now Frank is back to deal with his deceased uncle's falling down resort property, and discovers that Tommy had been taking care of his uncle in his dying days, and the property too. Neither ...more
Kelly
Oct 20, 2018 marked it as books-i-wrote  ·  (Review from the author)
Read the first few chapters! https://riptidepublishing.com/product...

I have a Big Book of Ideas. My “book” is actually scattered across several notebooks and my ideas are sandwiched between outline sketches, snippets of dialogue, pages of brainstorming for plot points, and journal entries. There is no order to any of it—but I always know which book to grab when I’m looking for my notes about a specific idea.

Frank and Tom’s story happened in two separate notebooks. I had an idea for a story about
Ash
Renewing Forever is a bunch of my favorite tropes rolled in heartbreak with a dash of a home renovation show and served up on a platter. That's probably not the best summary of this book but it's what first comes to mind. Two things I will eat up any day of the week - friends to lovers and second chances - plus slow burn, hurt/comfort, angst and healing, beautiful old homes that need care, and beautiful souls who need love.

Frank and Tom were best friends growing up, inseparable and as close as c
Christi Snow
My Review:

First thing I have to state just because it's bugging the heck out of me...this cover...NO! OMG, it does NOT fit (my internal image of) the book at all, BUT no worries...I didn't take that into account for my review because I loved this book so much... (just not the cover).

Okay, so this book...it takes place between two men in the Pocono region of Pennsylvania. In high school, they were best friends...inseparable. But then something happened when they kissed (the details about what exa
Georgie-who-is-Sarah-Drew
This is the second in Kelly Jensen's Older MCs trilogy, and it's a very enjoyable read. Some of my favourite tropes crop up - second chance love, a poor but proud MC, a business in trouble - and they are wound together really very credibly.

KJ alternates chapters with the 40-something MCs (successful Frankie, and "loser" Tommy) with snapshots of their teenage friendship, then links the fate of their current relationship to the success or failure of the run-down resort Frankie has inhe
Diane
I received an ARC from Kelly and I am so glad I did.

This is a beautifully written romance with two main characters you can't help but fall in love with. There is a vast range of secondary characters, some a carry over from the first book in the series, 'Building Forever.' The plot takes you back to the men when they first met at age 9, the activities that brought them close and the misunderstanding that tore them apart at age 18. Now Frank and Tom are in their 40's and they reunite when Frank co
Lillian Francis
That was lovely.
Jess
This book was provided for free by the publisher and Love Bytes in exchange for an honest review.

This review was first posted to Love Bytes: LGBTQ Book Reviews. It has been slightly edited here for content.

When you know your true love is the first boy you kissed at age 16, and if that boy punched you in the face and never spoke to you again, you may be in deep trouble when you finally meet him again 30 years later. This is Frank’s life now, and even though it can be heartbreaking, it makes for a
Online Eccentric Librarian
Dec 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, contemporary, romance

More reviews (and no fluff) on the blog http://surrealtalvi.wordpress.com/

This second book in the The Time Forever series is just as good as the first, featuring Frank (best friend of Simon from the first book) and his boyhood best friend Tom. Once again, we have a recurring theme of second chances and protagonists not being what we initially thought - and the ability to look on things differently later in life than when young. I especially liked Tom's very conflicted character here and how
Javi reads and reads and reads
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2018, favs, arcs, lgbt
I received this ARC in exchange of an honest review from Novel Take.

OMG! I have been screaming to my friends about this book since I started it 3 days ago and I stayed last night reading until I fell asleep on it.

Renewing Forever tell us the story of two childhood friends, Frank and Tom (or Frankie and Tommy), who were separated by life (and choices) when they were both 18. Long story short: Frankie kissed Tommy and earned a broken nose and heart.

Fast forward 30 years (I KNOW) and Frankie is bac
Thamy
Nov 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Frank and Tom were childhood friends until one kissed the other, the other punched one in the face and they never met again for thirty years. When Frank needs to go back home because he's inherited his uncle's property, he finds out Tom is still there.

2.5.

I liked the idea of best friends in love with each other needing to figure how to work things out instead of the unrealistic love is enough. Both characters were nice and made me cheer for them. I also loved Tom's backstory and how he cares for
Roberta Blablanski
Building Forever, Book 1 was fantastic--one of my favorites of 2018. I adored Simon and Charlie. They make very brief appearances in Renewing Forever and I craved more of them.

I had trouble getting into Frank and Tom's story. Frank is introduced in Building Forever, and I wanted to get to know him after reading the first of the series. Unfortunately, the build up was a bit of a let down for me. He just wasn't that interesting. He seemed to have lived a fascinating life as a journalist traveling
Carol
Nov 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq
RENEWING FOREVER (This Time Forever, #2)

• ⭐️:4,5/5

💬: Renewing Forever it's an amazing story of a misunderstanding between teenagers that left both of them with broken hearts and that thirty years later they met again under sad circumstances and rekindle their friendship and maybe more? I simply adored this book with all my heart, loved seeing how much personality all the characters Kelly writes have. And how much she makes me feel with her dialogues and the character's thoughts while the sto
Joyfully Jay
Shelves: sue
A Joyfully Jay review.

Oh boy, what a roller coaster Renewing Forever was — so many feels! Renewing Forever is the second in the This Time Forever series and while characters from the first book pop up, Renewing Forever can be read as a standalone.

Franklin is nearly 50 and while he has a successful career as a journalist, he can’t help wondering if there’s something more. Frankie likes to pretend he’s full of fluff and a bit shallow, but there’s serious depth to him and when he’s with
Shelby
Jan 28, 2020 rated it did not like it
I'm not a fan of second chance tropes.

I'm not a fan of flashbacks, so obviously the fact that there are entire chapters of flashbacks wasn't something I was thrilled about.

On top of that, I found Tom annoying. His helpless, whoa-is-me thing irritated me. His reasoning for pushing Frank away 30 years ago was as pointless and stupid as I thought it would be. Playing it up as it huge self-sacrifice just had me rolling my eyes.

And as far as Frank went, pining after someone to the point of never givi
Dec 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was given a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

This is a slow and angsty second chance romance. The author weaves memories of Frankie and Tommy’s childhood friendship between moments when Tom and Frank meet again in middle age. Nearing 50, the men’s lives look quite different. Frank has enjoyed a successful career while Tom stayed home to care for his mother and Frank’s uncle.

At times, this story moves painfully slow. In the first book, Frank was almost a affluent gay
Jamie
Mar 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
This series— this author— has been a treat to discover. Her characters are older and tired and disillusioned and dealing with shit, and boy, this is sounding like the sales pitch of the year, but it appeals in all kinds of ways to me. Because they’re also kind, and funny, and flawed, and therefore willing to accept flaws in others, and let’s just all live in that world, ‘kay?

And the writing. Low-key so good.

P.S. Plus a Delaney shout-out? I knew I liked her.
Anke
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was ok
I had problems to get into this story. For me the voices of both MCs were so similar I had problems to keep them apart. I finished, but I have to say these guys were like 20somethings and not the 40somethings they were said to be.

Marlobo ♥ epilogues
DNF at 26%

I cannot keep going with this book, I cannot connect with any character or aspect, and moreover, it's slower than I can tolerate.
Avid Reader
Nov 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Renewing Forever (This Time Forever #2) by Kelly Jensen
M/M Romance
Triggers: Addiction, dementia in a parent
I was given this book for an honest review by Wicked Reads.

Frankie and Tommy...I really wanted to love their story. I liked how we were given their story from the past and present. I think that it helped to understand their perspectives.

Frankie has lived a good life. He is successful, but feels that something is missing. When he has to return home because of a death in his family,
Shirley
Nov 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Frank was Simon's steadfast, loyal, witty friend in Building Forever, the first book in Kelly Jensen's This Time Forever series. He was also a pro at playing the field, but for all the "fun" he seemed to be having, it was obvious that something was missing... or someone. Once he arrived in the Poconos, it wasn't hard to figure out what or who that something was.

I have to admit, I got a little agitated with both Frank and Tom at times throughout Renewing Forever. A lot of heartache could have bee
« previous 1 3 next »

• Pieces of You (Missing Pieces, #1)
  • Cancer Ships Aquarius (Signs of Love, #5)
  • Secret Admirer
  • More Than Life
  • Better Not Pout
  • Marc Jillson & The Gazebo (Love Inscribed, #2)
  • Without a Trace (Lancaster Falls Trilogy, #2)
  • Not Dead Yet (Not Dead Yet #1)
  • The Making of Jonty Bloom (Unfinished Business, #1)
  • Arctic Sun (Frozen Hearts, #1)
  • Hard Knox (Havenwood #3)
  • Mr. Right Now
  • What Lies Beneath (Lancaster Falls Trilogy, #1)
  • A Kaleidoscope of Butterflies
  • The Night (Love in O'Leary #5)
  • Powder & Pavlova (Southern Lights, #1)
  • Rough Terrain (Out of Uniform, #7)
  • Give Up the Ghost (Not Dead Yet #2)
If aliens ever do land on Earth, Kelly will not be prepared, despite having read over a hundred stories of the apocalypse. Still, she will pack her precious books into a box and carry them with her as she strives to survive. It’s what bibliophiles do.

Kelly is the author of ten novels–including the Chaos Station series, co-written with Jenn Burke–and several novellas and short stories. Some of what

This Time Forever (3 books)
  • Building Forever (This Time Forever, #1)
  • Chasing Forever (This Time Forever, #3)