Start by marking “Through the Layers (Rumor Has It, #4)” as Want to Read:
Through the Layers (Rumor Has It, #4)

Through the Layers

(Rumor Has It #4)

Second chances are for suckers.

Micah’s heard that expression before. With his first year of college in the books, catching his girlfriend cheating on him — again — he learns that lesson firsthand. The girl he thought could’ve been his high school sweetheart, turns out to be nothing more than a liar, completely destroying his trust.

No one has ever called Veronica fa
Published September 17th 2018 by RH Tucker

To ask other readers questions about Through the Layers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Through the Layers

Start your review of Through the Layers (Rumor Has It, #4)
Jacob Proffitt
Jan 27, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: unfinished
This is fourth in a series and the main characters are present and active in the previous books (including Micah's initial relationship with Lana). I recommend reading in order, though consider seriously if you want to continue with this one.

I've made it through a quarter of the story, but I can't bring myself to continue. Most of that is Veronica and anticipation of future events. Veronica could be a lovely character, but her body insecurity is killing me.

I can understand insecurity about your
Paula
Sep 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Hero had a GF in high school who cheated on him twice. He has issues about that experience so when he meets heroine (who has her own issues of insecurity because she is overweight & thinks not as beautiful as him or his ex) it takes a lot for him to learn to trust again - especially when he finds out (view spoiler).

So this is one of those young college romance stories that we read all the time. Nothing new here. To be honest, this
ضحى الحداد
That was really intense, the last book I felt this way about was ( one breath apart by Katie Mcgarry ) and it was as intense as this one, this deals with two VERY heavy issues and baggages that but it was approached in a very sweet way
I don't know if it has a positive message but the book did make me think a lot and made me uncomfortable many times, in a good way .. I still believe the relationship could be better but it was nice and really INTENSE, if you are not in the mood for drama avoid th
Areej
Sep 17, 2018 rated it liked it
☆☆☆

I received ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Through the Layers is a new adult, coming of age, contemporary novel that follows the story of Veronica, a college student struggling through body issues, and Micah, her artsy, ambitious, much HOTTER classmate.

It's a sweet read that takes its slow time burning through, with a mostly steady pace where no severe drama actually takes place until near the end of it, but the book mostly deals with everyday issues like Veronica's insecurities and Mica
SℓιM
Nov 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Definitely had to go through a lot of layers

I will say I’m giving this book a 3 star ⭐️⭐️⭐️ because one, Veronica was very annoying and always whining about her weight and her insecurities about herself. I clearly understand what she’s feeling but seriously through the entire book? Like sheesh! To top it off her own best friend didn’t have boobies or was thicker as she. She was never insecure at all. A lot of times those who are thicker think women/girls
S B
Dec 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
Just no

Veronica was just so hard to read. No one wants to be around someone who is that insecure, much less read about them. Others may have enjoyed their story, but I just couldn't get past my annoyance with her.

She shuts down and doesn't talk to her boyfriend. What's he supposed to think? That you still want him and not someone else? Because pushing him away isn't going to convey that message. The whole tshirt thing is dumb. And the brothers being macho males, really? All those were just so c
Stephanie
Sep 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: dual-povs
Holly
Sep 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great read!

This was my favorite book of the entire series. I liked it because I like the other books they actually had a relationship throughout the entire book. In others in the series they don’t actuality get together until the very end and then it’s over. However I didn’t like how she was always second guessing everything, she was In her head to much and some of the things she thought was ridiculous!
Ashlee Suker
Oct 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Keeps getting better

I have to say... each book in the series keeps getting better. I loved that this one started out with the relationship and we got to follow it through the story rather than have to wait until the end. This title deals with a lot of real, common issues and insecurities. I think a lot of people will find it relatable in that way.
Amy
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow

Words cannot express the love I have for this storyline. I saw so many aspects of my life in this story. As if the idea for this story was taken from a chapter of two of my life. Body image insecurities are a daily struggle and even more so when you feel unworthy of the perfection you are in a relationship with. Perfect telling! ♥♥♥
Juan
Oct 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Trust issues meet body image issues

Can people get over the pain others inflict on them? Can people get past the thoughts that bury themselves in doubt? I don’t know if this story answers those questions. But the struggle to come to terms with these issues and still find a way to love one another is heart warming.
Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was ok
This book sums of the reason of why I hate to read books about bigger women. The whole book is about how fat they are, how no one will love them, how gross they are and no way could the guy actually want to be with them because they are fat. Seriously Vero was so annoying. 2 stars only because the prank on Taylor was funny
SyLvIa
Sep 27, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2-read
[1.25 star] the author just keep repeating the same shit throughout the book. wanted to give up halfway but stick to it. either way i was dissapointed, the hero's ex finally give up all of a sudden, how i wish the hero will just give her 2 tight slaps.
Samantha Larkin
Sep 20, 2020 rated it liked it
I love Micah! Truly I do but he just didn’t grovel enough for me (after what he said.....I needed him to crawl and beg)

This is still a great read...and something I will no doubt have on my re-read list but it’ll only get 3.5 stars due to the lack of a much needed grovel!
abbey hawkins
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very sweet

I love how this book addresses the insecurities thick girls like myself have in relationships. Very sweet Male character and veronica is right, we can get hot guys too! I married one :)
Sebanti
Sep 20, 2018 rated it really liked it

click on the link above for free awesome giveaway and some excerpts . Also check out the blog for some great reviews!
Don
Apr 09, 2020 rated it it was ok
It was extremely difficult to get through this. Veronica is a hard character to identify with because of her insecurities. We all have insecurities, yes. But when it's all you're about it's annoying. We aren't only our insecurities. We have good qualities as well, I just never saw hers.
Saylor Miller
Apr 20, 2019 rated it liked it
I really liked this book but i felt it had too much adult content for me. No nothing went into detail, but still, it went from cute to just a tad bit dirty.
Amy DeVito
Jan 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Fun read

Pretty good, but Veronica came off as
Super annoying to me. I had a hard time connecting with her character and family.
Kelsey
Jan 20, 2019 rated it did not like it
I hated Veronica. She annoyed the fuck out of me.
Cassie Starkel
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Seriously it gets better and better

There are times I can’t believe I’ve devoted this series so far. I love the emotions of every person and every couple. Don’t miss this
Anne
Apr 10, 2019
Kelly McAnally-Kern
Oct 29, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Books listed wrong and two copies 2 13 Sep 04, 2018 06:55AM

• Rule #3: You Can't Kiss Your Best Friend (The Rules of Love #3)
  • Rule #2: You Can't Crush on Your Sworn Enemy (The Rules of Love #2)
  • Rule #4: You Can't Misinterpret a Mistletoe Kiss (The Rules of Love #4)
  • My Second Chance (Ridgewater High #4)
  • The Perfect Score (Kissing the Enemy, #3)
  • Rule #1: You Can't Date the Coach's Daughter (The Rules of Love #1)
  • The Perfect Catch (Kissing the Enemy, #1)
  • The Holiday Kiss (Briarwood High, #4)
  • The Tomboy & the Rebel
  • The Wrong Costar (The Wrong Match Book 2)
  • Meet Me There (Ridgewater High #1)
  • Rule #5: You Can't Trust the Bad Boy (The Rules of Love #5)
  • It Was Always You (Ridgewater High #3)
  • A Whole New League (Briarwood High, #2)
  • #LoveToHateThatBoy
  • Truth or Dare (Bayfield High #1)
  • The Perfect Match (Kissing the Enemy, #2)
  • My Mistletoe Mix-Up (Ridgewater High #5)
RH Tucker writes cute & edgy YA romance, and drinks too much caffeine.

I’m a firm believer that Rocky Road is the absolute best flavor of ice cream in the world, although if I must, I will settle for Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough.

You can sign up for my newsletter and get the FREE short story, One of a Kind, at:

You can also find me on instagram at: instagram.co

Rumor Has It (5 books)
  • Rumor Has It (Rumor Has It, #1)
  • True to You (Rumor Has It, #2)
  • Heart Shaped Lock (Rumor Has It, #3)
  • Piece by Piece (Rumor Has It, #5)