Start by marking “Parents' Guide to IQ Testing and Gifted Education: All You Need to Know to Make the Right Decisions for Your Child” as Want to Read:

3.12  ·  Rating details ·  34 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Parents of brainy kids can understand what’s behind IQ testing and selection for special school programs with this guide to gifted education. Written by an IQ specialist, this guide details the history of IQ tests and how they measure intelligence, and familiarizes parents with signs of giftedness they can look for in their own children. Acknowledging that some bright and ...more
Published September 28th 2006 by Parent Guide Books (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Parents' Guide to IQ Testing and Gifted Education, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Parents' Guide to IQ Testing and Gifted Education

Shalah Collins
Aug 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good book. Which helps parents begin formulating their thoughts on how to best serve their gifted children through school. It builds the framework and thought process. With the absence of a formal gifted Plan, having access to a Magnet school was a great fit for my son.
Susan Mazur Stommen
Mar 28, 2007 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Parents who think their kid is gifted
Shelves: parentry
A down to earth book that spends a fair amount of time explaining the disadvantages that often accompany the label of 'giftedness'. He argues for an "optimal" zone of 120-145, and points out that kids in the 130-145 range usually do quite well in a regular classroom with some enrichment.

Parents who want to get their kid into GATE programs at any cost should read it, at the peril of bruising their vanity. Many of these programs simply lump more work (and more stress) onto your child, with no app
Terry
Jun 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Seriously interesting reading, but a LOT of information. This one also kept me running to the computer to look things up. It also made me think "Maybe I was a gifted child!" which means there's way too much info that isn't comprehensive enough to really do any good in my brain. Even so...adequate read, worthy of a re-read as necessary.
Lisa
Dec 15, 2011 rated it it was ok
It did discuss IQ testing, the various types, the advantages, the shortcomings (LOTS). But, it didnt talk as much about gifted education as I would have hoped given the title. It was nothing earth shattering that I couldnt have read online in an afternoon on various websites.
Tracy
Oct 30, 2008 rated it liked it
Written at a surprising simple level, considering the subject, but I did learn some interesting things.
Hilary
Feb 20, 2014 rated it liked it
Helpful book to understand the good and bad of being labeled "gifted".
Michele
Andrea
Dec 31, 2008
VK
Dec 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Read for my Education class term paper.
Alden