Start by marking “The Mermaid Cookbook: Mermazing Recipes for Lovers of the Mythical Creature” as Want to Read:
The Mermaid Cookbook: Mermazing Recipes for Lovers of the Mythical Creature

The Mermaid Cookbook: Mermazing Recipes for Lovers of the Mythical Creature

Make a splash and be the mermaid you always wanted to be with this beautiful, magical cookbook. Think Mermania meets Hello Kitty Cupcake!

The mysteries of the deep come to light in this delightful cookbook packed with pearls and sparkles. From a Sandcastle Cake and Turtle Doughnuts to Jam Clams and Treasure Trifle, fulfil all your dreams of becoming a mermaid. Or at least e
Published October 11th 2018 by Summersdale

To ask other readers questions about The Mermaid Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mermaid Cookbook

Start your review of The Mermaid Cookbook: Mermazing Recipes for Lovers of the Mythical Creature
Lisa Ks Book Reviews
This delightful sweets cookbook is exactly what you need when planning beach or summer themed parties, or just making something fun for home, school or work. You would also be a big hit at any bake sale!

After short introduction you’ll learn your Mermaid name, (mine is Sparkling Tide Dancer ), and read up on Kitchen Essentials such as Equipment, and Ingredients.

Chapters include Cupcakes, Celebration Cakes, Cookies, Bars and Bites, Party Food, Breakfast, Desserts, and Drinks!

Among the amazing y
Rebecca Reviews
Mar 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Alix Carey’s The Mermaid Cookbook is a fun and colourful cookbook filled with clearly detailed mermaid-inspired recipes. While the book features both easy and difficult recipes, beginners should approach with caution because many of the recipes have multiple detailed steps, involve specialty ingredients and require some baking skills.

I absolutely love themed cookbooks and I really enjoyed this one! The book begins with a fun “What is your Mermaid Name?” The book itself is bright, colourful and w
Janet
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Elizabeth
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Mermaid Cookbook is a fun and colorful cookbook for anyone who wishes they could live under the sea. There is a wide range of recipes, from traditional cupcakes and cakes, to cookies, drinks, and other desserts. Some of them look best suited to a fun party perhaps for a child, while others, like the Mermaid's Purse Mirror Glaze Cake and the Jam Clams are quite elegant. Recipe difficulty is noted at the top of each recipe, and pictures of each recipe are featured, as well as some pictures sho ...more
Jemma TheTravelingBookLover
ARC provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Absolutely perfect baking book for anyone who loves anything under the sea. At first I was worried this would be more for kids but the complexity and fun of the designs make it great for advanced bakers as well(and it definitely can be fun for kids too). I loved the photography in it as well, my mouth is watering just looking at all these delicacies!
Meegy
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really loved this book. Pictures are pleasing to the eye. Instructions are clear. I cannot wait to try some of these recipes at my daughter's party! Also, know a lot of friends that are doing Mermaid Themed Parties as well, so this will come in handy a lot!
Rubayet  Nusrat
cute and yummy 😋😋
I liked the photoes and hope they will taste delicious . Thanks to the publisher and NetGalley for the arc
Mehsi
I received this book from Netgalley in exchange of an honest review.

I just adore mermaids, so I was very eager to try out a cooking book full of Mermaid stuff. Sadly, I am a bit disappointed.

Quite a few things didn’t have to do with mermaids, or were just called mermaid, but seeing the mermaid wasn’t so easy. I am guessing some just had the colour scheme going on to show it was mermaid-esque. There were several more under the sea stuff (sharks/coral/more coral/stars), that sure, would fit with t
Alicia Bayer
I went into reading this book knowing that it probably wouldn't work for our family, but hoping that it would. We are a gluten free family and I tend towards healthy, natural recipes. That said, there was a wonderful unicorn themed cookbook that I read last year that used natural ingredients to make all kinds of magical looking, colorful treats and it was gluten free and even too healthy for my tastes, so I had hopes. Also, I'm pretty good at adapting recipes so I figured I could convert some re ...more
Allyce
May 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
This review first appeared on the blog Ally's Appraisals: https://wp.me/p37L0Q-1dJ

The Mermaid Cookbook is sweet, cute, and colourful. Initially while I was flipping through the recipes, I found my mouth watering – so many of these recipes just look sooo good!

I will admit I do have a weakness for cute food, and The Mermaid Cookbook delivers. The recipes included are ones that try to emulate and encapsulate mermaids – so expect a lot of greens, blues, and shells. The Mermaid Cookbook is broken up
Kristine
Apr 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: amazon-reviewed
The Mermaid Cookbook by Alix Carey is a free NetGalley ebook that I read in late April.

Recipes for desserts, sweets, breakfast items, and drinks with swirly colors, a frequent use of shell graphics, and the recipes broken down into components (i.e. a pastel or mirror-glazed frosting, cake, and decoration), usually amounting to a dozen items, and being either vanilla or fruity flavored (every so often, there's a dark chocolate). My favorite recipes were for raspberry jam-filled spritz cookies (ak
Hope
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: c
I saw this book and knew immediately that I had to read and review it. I love novelty recipe books like this and needless to say that I was charmed since the very first recipe!

Honestly all of the recipes in this book looked so yummy and were so well put together that it just gave me the urge to cook them all (too bad I’m trying to lose weight RIP). The foods were all really trendy and with the times and I loved every moment of it.
Tesha Ham
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is full of cute designs and ideas for breakfast, drinks, and sweets for every day or for a party. The recipes are all easy to follow and would be great for adults or families to make. I know my daughter and I are going to have a great time making these things together.

I voluntarily read and received a free ARC copy of this title through NetGalley in exchange for a review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Debi
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgallery
The Mermaid Cookbook has whimsical ideas for Mermaid lovers, but great ideas for beach or pool theme parties. Easy to follow recipes that do not require a culinary degree.

Cakes, cookies, and candy that can be easily accomplished for bake sales, parties, or impress your co-workers. It's a winner.

I did get this from the publisher and NetGalley for an honest review.
Sabrina
Oct 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Tons of mouth watering, colourful cakes, cookies and even breakfasts. Including a section on party food to help you throw an amazing Mermaid bash. Beautiful photos of the food made me want to try everything!
Andréa
Note: I received a digital review copy of this book from the publisher through NetGalley.
Elizabeth Judd Taylor
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cooking-baking
A pretty, cute baking book with a mermaid theme.
Mar 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This cookbook was adorable. The pictures were beautiful and the directions organized and clear. I loved the breakfast ideas. Will try some of these in the winter when I am missing the beach. Thank you to NetGalley for my copy.
Laura L
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
this is a beautiful little cookbook, some of the recipes are absolutely stunning, and the rating system regarding how difficult each one will be to complete is very easy to follow.
Gorgeous little book - 5 stars !!
I received a copy of this book in exchange for my honest opinion #netgalley #themermaidcookbook
Cat
May 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a really fun cookbook for kids! Lots of pretty easy recipes kids can make, some alone, some with grownup help. I'm looking forward to summer and cooking with grade schoolers- we are going to make lots of these tasty treats!
Kate
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This cookbook is fantastic! The mermaid theme is adorable and I am so excited to make these yummy treats for my daughter! The pictures are gorgeous and the recipes are very detailed and include difficulty levels as well. There are goodies for both a beginner baker and more seasoned ones as well! Definitely give it a try if you have a child who loves mermaids or you love them yourself! Excellent ideas for themed parties!!
Patrica Liebe
Feb 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book via NetGalley and Andrews McMeel Publishing and the honest review I leave is voluntary.
This wonderful and very brilliant cookbook with the Mermaid themed recipes is filled with recipes that would delight any child that is in love with mermaids or the sea. With recipes for cakes and cookies and donuts that would make any child's eyes light up with happiness just to be able to have a Hermit Crab Cookie, Stormy Sea Brownies or have a slice of The Ultimate Diving Merma
Heather
Lynne
Nov 09, 2019
Kristin
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a totally fun cookbook with amazing food that looks really yummy. The book has plenty of appealing photos, easy to follow instructions and a great variety of recipes such as cakes, cupcakes and what-not.
Tina Denson
Thank you Net Galley, Alix Carey, and Andrews McMeel Publishing for allowing me to get a sneak peek and review this amazing children's cookbook! Wonderful theming, full-color photos for every recipe and easy to follow detailed instructions for all, make this cookbook a true winner. The glossary of cooking terms and cooking essentials is clear, concise and will help even the most serious cook in the kitchen. From easy to complicated, every recipe has step by step instructions to make desserts, sn ...more
Katie
Feb 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
From the mind of Sassy Whisper Wave (YES, this cookbook helps you pick out your own mermaid name!!!!) This cookbook is pretty adorable!

The cover and title are what got me and then once you open it... it’s just an seaworthy explosion!

The recipes look easy to follow and they range from easy to difficult. I also love all of the photos that accompany each recipe because it gives you a look at what you *hope* yours will turn out looking just like 😂. I’m most excited to try the Mermaid Purse Mirror Gl
Denice Langley
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As a grandmother and aunt of several young ladies who love mermaids, the recipes and themed ideas in this book have been a HUGE hit! We have had many tea parties that have all received a 10+ smiles rating! Alix Carey must have known exactly what would make these young ladies happy. She set up the cookbook top be user friendly and gave so many wonderful pictures that my crew has already planned the next round of mermaid celebrations.
Paula Ptomey
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an advanced copy of this book for an honest review. My daughter and I loved this cookbook. We had a great time trying out the different recipes. Even my son enjoyed it. The recipes are not complicated, and are whimsical and enjoyable. Thank you for allowing me to review this book.

• Disney Frozen Anna's Best Breakfast Cookbook - Cooking Fun for Kids
  • Resistance Reborn (Journey to Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, #1)
  • Steak and Cake: More Than 100 Recipes to Make Any Meal a Smash Hit
  • Kawaii Sweet World Cookbook: 75 Yummy Recipes for Baking That's (Almost) Too Cute to Eat
  • Mermaid Cookbook
  • The Star Wars Cookbook: Han Sandwiches and Other Galactic Snacks
  • How To Make Edible Slime: 30 Fun and Yummy Slime Recipes: ( A Slime Book For Kids To Have Safe And Yummy Fun- Includes Clear Slime, and Glow In The Dark Slime) (Slime Books For Kids)
  • The Slime Book
  • Sheep Dog and Sheep Sheep
  • Cupcakes for Kids: 50 Fun, Colorful and Exciting Cakes for Parties, Birthdays and Special Treats
  • Happiness is Homemade: Favourite recipes from the popular Internet baking show: Cookies, Cupcakes and Cardio!
  • The Tea Dragon Festival (Tea Dragon, #2)
  • Cakes for Kids: 40 Easy Recipes That Will Wow!
  • Birthday Cakes for Kids
  • Step-by-Step Kids' Birthday Cakes
  • My Friends Call Me Monster (Goosebumps HorrorLand, #7)
  • Where's the Unicorn?: A Magical Search Book