Start by marking “Tell Me a Secret” as Want to Read:
Tell Me a Secret

Tell Me a Secret

**The million copy bestselling author of Faking Friends and My Sweet Revenge is back - pre-order now!**

Holly and Roz spend most of their days together. They like the same jokes, loathe the same people and tell each other everything.

So when single mum Holly gets a shot at her dream job after putting everything on hold to raise her daughter, she assumes her friend will be d
Published January 10th 2019 by Penguin

To ask other readers questions about Tell Me a Secret, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tell Me a Secret

Paromjit
Jane Fallon excels in writing light hearted, entertaining, enjoyable and escapist novels imbued with plenty of intrigue. Having enjoyed her previous novels, I was looking forward to reading this one too, and I was not disappointed in the least. Whilst there is much of Fallon's trademark themes of relationships, deceit, rivalries and deception, this time round there is no romance and instead the focus is the nature of friends, the support they offer, with the unfriendly and toxic elements as well ...more
Eva
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is only the second novel I’ve read by Jane Fallon but I must say she’s fast becoming a firm favourite. When the reading mojo is dipping or I just need a break from all the crime fiction and psychological thrillers I tend to read, she is undoubtedly the perfect remedy.

Holly and Roz are colleagues and friends, working in the script department of a popular TV soap. They chat about anything and everything, gossiping the day away and aren’t averse to mocking their other colleagues from time to t
Brooke - One Woman's Brief Book Reviews
*www.onewomansbbr.wordpress.com
*www.facebook.com/onewomansbbr

Tell Me A Secret by Jane Fallon. (2019).

Holly and Roz work together and are friends. But when Holly gets a promotion, Roz doesn't seem as happy as she should. When Holly starts to take a closer look at Roz's life outside of work, she discovers things that don't add up. Who really is Roz? Maybe it was a mistake to tell Roz all her secrets...

I enjoyed this novel and found it quite entertaining. Within a couple of chapters I was quite ab
Bookread2day
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My review on www.bookread2day.wordpress.com
I bought my own paperback copy of Tell Me a Secret on Amazon, just Like have always bought my own Jane Fallon books. It’s amazing I absolutely loved every page, never knew what was coming next. I have to admit I didn’t see the ending coming.

I love reading stories about people in an office with the bitchy, jealous friendship that goes on. Holly has her chance of her dream job being head of the script department. For a short while Holly is on a trail run
Irena
Jan 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Two years ago I read Jane Fallon’s My Sweet Revenge and I really liked it. You can read my review here. I loved how it was a perfect read for book clubs, because there was so many things people could discuss about, and I am happy to say that with Tell Me a Secret the case is the same.

This book would make a perfect book club pick. There are so many small details and clues readers could pick up, and also characters’ actions they could debate on.

What I liked the most about this novel were it’s char
Meggy
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tell Me A Secret.

If you tell me yours I’ll tell you mine!

Okay, I can’t wait, I have to let it out.

I am madly in love with Jane Fallon’s latest novel!!! I can’t believe I have had Sweet Revenge forever and haven’t read it yet. You can be sure to see it reviewed very soon!

But, back to Tell Me A Secret. Wow!!! I am a die-hard fan of psychological thrillers, but this book seems to fall into a different category. The *OMG I want more* category? The *workplace mystery* category? Wherever you want to p

Adele Shea
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Jane Fallon's, Tell Me A Secret, is about how deceptive people can be in the work place.
Jealously takes over when Holly gets a promotion. Holly blames a colleague of hers. Little does she know it's someone closer to home. When acts of sabotage start in order to make Holly look bad on her probationary period, she realise she must act fast before she loses her job.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
Sheri
Nov 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
I do love a good workplace mystery, and I thoroughly enjoyed Tell Me a Secret. Holly, a script editor on a popular TV soap, is overjoyed to have won the promotion she applied for. But it seems not everyone in her office is happy for her - in fact, someone is clearly out to sabotage Holly’s position by any means necessary, and she’s confident she knows who that person is. But of course, it’s not that straightforward...

I think I suspected everybody, at some point, of involvement in the campaign ag
Roman Clodia
Nov 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
A gossipy, compulsive story of female career rivalry, lies and deceit. The negative female stereotypes are balanced by female friendships, old and new. Knowing Fallon's previous books means some revelations are predictable (view spoiler) - but the detail keeps us involved. Perfect switch-off reading.
Helen Leecy
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow, this was brilliant. It was so different to last year’s book (or rather this year January 2018), and unlike her other books which are usually about a woman getting revenge or a woman scorned.
This didn’t have any romance in it and concentrated on friendships instead and how you should keep your friends close but your enemies closer. The story was really well developed and written. It even had you doubting everyone, who could you trust?!
I’ve read some good books this year but every now and aga
Karen's World
Dec 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this and was surprised at some of the things people will do to their so called friends. But this kept me entertained and reading as I kept thinking what I would do and then something different would happen and then it would shock me. I would recommend this for an easy read that can be a bit comical as well.
Lo O'Neill
Tell Me A Secret by Jane Fallon has been another difficult one for me to review. Partly because I can see the potential in the book and I could see how some people could love the story. Let’s face it stories about the deceptive nature of people are always a solid base for a novel! However, for me, I found the pacing to be too slow and ultimately predictable. As such, I did struggle to finish the story because I didn’t have that feeling of oh I can’t wait to dive back into this one, therefore I p ...more
Rachel Hall
Feb 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Tell Me a Secret is my first read of Jane Fallon’s escapism with edge for the modern woman and not only was it a blast from start to finish, but I positively lapped every moment of the drama up! My fear that the novel would be chick-lit was countered by a plot based around rivalry, deception and revenge in a predominantly female workplace with romantic male characters in very short supply!

When forty-three-year-old Holly Cooper wins a promotion from script writer to script executive on the popula
Kathy - Books & Munches
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-s, read-in-2018
If there's one thing I can trust Jane Fallon will nail every single time, it's writing a book in a way that's very easy to read.

One thing that was entirely different compared to My Sweet Revenge and Faking Friends was the focus of the story. Where the main aspect used to be romance and love, Tell Me a Secret focuses on friendships way more. It surprised me, since I didn't expect it to be the case but.. in a good way?

Our main character - Holly - is a script editor for a television soap! Which m
Kat
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Deliciously compulsive this really is a total pleasure of a read that I just flew through. Gossip, lies, friendships that may not be quite what they seem and devious behaviour is at the heart of this mystery and it makes for a brilliant novel and it’s so well written that you really do feel a part of all the machinations that are going on. My first book by the fabulous Jane Fallon and it won't be the last the excellent characterisation made it a novel I thoroughly enjoyed and well recommend.
My t
Joanna Park
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’m a huge fan of Jane Fallon’s books so I was very excited to be asked to be part of the blog tour for her latest book, keeping it to read over Christmas when I’d have time to fully enjoy it.

In Tell Me A Secret the author has once again created a wonderful escapist novel about female friendship and the problems they can cause. I liked that the book was set in the work place as I thought that provided lots of opportunities for jealousy and sabotage. Throughout the book the author skillfully weav
Dawn
Nov 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
review updated****

Holly has been given her dream job but her work bestie, Roz, seems to be faking her happiness. Once things start to take a turn at work it would seem that Roz isn’t that happy at all but no one believes Holly about the mysterious things that keep happening. Throw in Holly’s new lodger and the fun holly has with her best friend, Dee, things could get messy! As always Jane’s books are a fabulous read with laugh out loud moments and lines you read and identify with completely.

Tha
Karen Whittard
Although this book was written really well, it was interesting and intriguing I found the characters a little annoying and it wasn’t my favourite Jane falling book. But it wasn’t bad.
Tara
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this, bit different from some of my current reads so made a nice change of pace. This is a story about female friendships and doesn’t involve romance, it’s very accurate representing the relationships and their ups and downs. Also working in an office myself this is scarily accurate and could relate to all the characters. A really good read and I recommend it.

Thanks To netgalley and the publisher for a free copy for an honest review
Courtney Smyth
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Absolutely loved this book, it had me hooked from page 1. Loved the drama and all the wee twists. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars was because I told myself I'm being better with my ratings this year, only top top top of my faves will be getting 5 stars!

(I also realise this is a crap review but I hate people who type the full story line in reviews. My opinion is - just read it, you'll love it!!)
Kat
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My t
Lisa M
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have only just started reading Jane Fallon books in the last few months and can't believe I have been missing out for so long! The bonus to that is that I can now read the back catalogue in quick succession without having to wait a year or so between publications.

The plot for this book has been different to the others I have read as it usually involves relationships/break up's/cheating but this one concentrated solely on work colleagues who are also friends.

Holly gets a promotion at work with
Tala Lucy
Feb 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Barbara Elsborg
A familiar plot but handled in a deft way. Someone at work not quite being what you thought. I had to smile at the amount of work these people seemed to do - not a lot. It was a quick read and I sort of enjoyed it but I didn't like the protracted happy ever after last couple of chapters. It wasn't needed. I've preferred her other books but this one is worth a read if you like office intrigue.
Clare

With thanks to Netgalley and Penguin for this ARC in exchange for an open and honest review.

Single mum Holly Cooper was delighted when she was promoted to Script Executive for soap opera Churchill Road. Her main rival for the job had been fellow co worker Juliet, but Holly`s best friend Roz had been been a loyal supporter. When Juliet found out she had not got the job she left early to escape the celebrations.

Holly was excited that her daughter Ashley was pregnant but i upset she would be a sing
Kim
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, net-galley
When Holly lands a great promotion at work, someone seems to be less than happy that she got the job. The book deals with professional rivalry, friendships and jealousy in equal measures. When her future is put in doubt during her probation there seems to be an obvious suspect, but as events unfurl you begin to wonder whether any number of her friends or colleagues could be behind the activities.

She's a single mum with a grown up daughter and after getting an empty nest she is looking for a lodg
Suzisue13
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another corker from Jane Fallon. I just love her style of writing and her flair for interpreting relationships
Caroline
Mar 24, 2019 rated it liked it
A solid 3.5 to be fair. I do enjoy Jane Fallon books. Funny, enjoyable, somewhat predictable but once I start I can’t put it down.
Katie
Mar 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Overall I’d give this one a 3.5/5. Nothing major happened and it wasn’t exactly full of twists and turns but it was well written, I liked the main character and was routing for her to get justice and I looked forward to picking it up each time I read it. A nice easy read.
Cleopatra  Pullen
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
For those of you who have read previous books by this author you will be prepared for a tale of deceit heaped upon deceit served up in a number of different dishes but all with a lightness that by the time the book comes to a close you are left with a feeling that you’ve been entertained rather than put through the wringer.

Holly is promoted and assumes that her workplace best friend Roz will be keen to celebrate her success, and she is, isn’t she? But someone in the office is out to make mischie
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• The Curious Heart of Ailsa Rae
  • Wildflower Bay
  • A Country Escape
  • Red Snow (Tuva Moodyson Mystery, #2)
  • Your Beautiful Lies
  • No Holding Back
  • Barry the Fish with Fingers
  • Running For My Life: My 26.2 Mile Journey to Health and Happiness
  • A Miracle at Macy's
Jane Fallon is an English producer and novelist, most famous for her work on popular series Teachers, 20 Things To Do Before You're 30, Eastenders and This Life. She has also written two successful novels.

Fallon has been in a relationship with popular comedian Ricky Gervais since 1982, after they met while studying together at the University College London. The couple has lived together since 1984