Start by marking “Tell Me a Secret” as Want to Read:
Tell Me a Secret

Tell Me a Secret

**The million copy bestselling author of Faking Friends and My Sweet Revenge is back - pre-order now!**

Holly and Roz spend most of their days together. They like the same jokes, loathe the same people and tell each other everything.

So when single mum Holly gets a shot at her dream job after putting everything on hold to raise her daughter, she assumes her friend will be d
Published January 10th 2019 by Penguin

To ask other readers questions about Tell Me a Secret, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tell Me a Secret

Paromjit
Jane Fallon excels in writing light hearted, entertaining, enjoyable and escapist novels imbued with plenty of intrigue. Having enjoyed her previous novels, I was looking forward to reading this one too, and I was not disappointed in the least. Whilst there is much of Fallon's trademark themes of relationships, deceit, rivalries and deception, this time round there is no romance and instead the focus is the nature of friends, the support they offer, with the unfriendly and toxic elements as well ...more
Eva
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is only the second novel I’ve read by Jane Fallon but I must say she’s fast becoming a firm favourite. When the reading mojo is dipping or I just need a break from all the crime fiction and psychological thrillers I tend to read, she is undoubtedly the perfect remedy.

Holly and Roz are colleagues and friends, working in the script department of a popular TV soap. They chat about anything and everything, gossiping the day away and aren’t averse to mocking their other colleagues from time to t
Meggy
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tell Me A Secret.

If you tell me yours I’ll tell you mine!

Okay, I can’t wait, I have to let it out.

I am madly in love with Jane Fallon’s latest novel!!! I can’t believe I have had Sweet Revenge forever and haven’t read it yet. You can be sure to see it reviewed very soon!

But, back to Tell Me A Secret. Wow!!! I am a die-hard fan of psychological thrillers, but this book seems to fall into a different category. The *OMG I want more* category? The *workplace mystery* category? Wherever you want to p

Adele Shea
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Jane Fallon's, Tell Me A Secret, is about how deceptive people can be in the work place.
Jealously takes over when Holly gets a promotion. Holly blames a colleague of hers. Little does she know it's someone closer to home. When acts of sabotage start in order to make Holly look bad on her probationary period, she realise she must act fast before she loses her job.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
Sheri
Nov 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
I do love a good workplace mystery, and I thoroughly enjoyed Tell Me a Secret. Holly, a script editor on a popular TV soap, is overjoyed to have won the promotion she applied for. But it seems not everyone in her office is happy for her - in fact, someone is clearly out to sabotage Holly’s position by any means necessary, and she’s confident she knows who that person is. But of course, it’s not that straightforward...

I think I suspected everybody, at some point, of involvement in the campaign ag
Helen Leecy
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow, this was brilliant. It was so different to last year’s book (or rather this year January 2018), and unlike her other books which are usually about a woman getting revenge or a woman scorned.
This didn’t have any romance in it and concentrated on friendships instead and how you should keep your friends close but your enemies closer. The story was really well developed and written. It even had you doubting everyone, who could you trust?!
I’ve read some good books this year but every now and aga
Karen's World
Dec 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this and was surprised at some of the things people will do to their so called friends. But this kept me entertained and reading as I kept thinking what I would do and then something different would happen and then it would shock me. I would recommend this for an easy read that can be a bit comical as well.
Roman Clodia
Nov 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
A gossipy, compulsive story of female career rivalry, lies and deceit. The negative female stereotypes are balanced by female friendships, old and new. Knowing Fallon's previous books means some revelations are predictable (view spoiler) - but the detail keeps us involved. Perfect switch-off reading.
Kathy - Books & Munches
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-s, read-in-2018
If there's one thing I can trust Jane Fallon will nail every single time, it's writing a book in a way that's very easy to read.

One thing that was entirely different compared to My Sweet Revenge and Faking Friends was the focus of the story. Where the main aspect used to be romance and love, Tell Me a Secret focuses on friendships way more. It surprised me, since I didn't expect it to be the case but.. in a good way?

Our main character - Holly - is a script editor for a television soap! Which m
Kat
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Deliciously compulsive this really is a total pleasure of a read that I just flew through. Gossip, lies, friendships that may not be quite what they seem and devious behaviour is at the heart of this mystery and it makes for a brilliant novel and it’s so well written that you really do feel a part of all the machinations that are going on. My first book by the fabulous Jane Fallon and it won't be the last the excellent characterisation made it a novel I thoroughly enjoyed and well recommend.
My t
Dawn
Nov 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
review updated****

Holly has been given her dream job but her work bestie, Roz, seems to be faking her happiness. Once things start to take a turn at work it would seem that Roz isn’t that happy at all but no one believes Holly about the mysterious things that keep happening. Throw in Holly’s new lodger and the fun holly has with her best friend, Dee, things could get messy! As always Jane’s books are a fabulous read with laugh out loud moments and lines you read and identify with completely.

Tha
Tara
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this, bit different from some of my current reads so made a nice change of pace. This is a story about female friendships and doesn’t involve romance, it’s very accurate representing the relationships and their ups and downs. Also working in an office myself this is scarily accurate and could relate to all the characters. A really good read and I recommend it.

Thanks To netgalley and the publisher for a free copy for an honest review
Courtney Smyth
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Absolutely loved this book, it had me hooked from page 1. Loved the drama and all the wee twists. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars was because I told myself I'm being better with my ratings this year, only top top top of my faves will be getting 5 stars!

(I also realise this is a crap review but I hate people who type the full story line in reviews. My opinion is - just read it, you'll love it!!)
Kat
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My t
Clare

With thanks to Netgalley and Penguin for this ARC in exchange for an open and honest review.

Single mum Holly Cooper was delighted when she was promoted to Script Executive for soap opera Churchill Road. Her main rival for the job had been fellow co worker Juliet, but Holly`s best friend Roz had been been a loyal supporter. When Juliet found out she had not got the job she left early to escape the celebrations.

Holly was excited that her daughter Ashley was pregnant but i upset she would be a sing
Joanna Park
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’m a huge fan of Jane Fallon’s books so I was very excited to be asked to be part of the blog tour for her latest book, keeping it to read over Christmas when I’d have time to fully enjoy it.

In Tell Me A Secret the author has once again created a wonderful escapist novel about female friendship and the problems they can cause. I liked that the book was set in the work place as I thought that provided lots of opportunities for jealousy and sabotage. Throughout the book the author skillfully weav
Lisa M
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have only just started reading Jane Fallon books in the last few months and can't believe I have been missing out for so long! The bonus to that is that I can now read the back catalogue in quick succession without having to wait a year or so between publications.

The plot for this book has been different to the others I have read as it usually involves relationships/break up's/cheating but this one concentrated solely on work colleagues who are also friends.

Holly gets a promotion at work with
Kim
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, net-galley
When Holly lands a great promotion at work, someone seems to be less than happy that she got the job. The book deals with professional rivalry, friendships and jealousy in equal measures. When her future is put in doubt during her probation there seems to be an obvious suspect, but as events unfurl you begin to wonder whether any number of her friends or colleagues could be behind the activities.

She's a single mum with a grown up daughter and after getting an empty nest she is looking for a lodg
Heather Nazmdeh
Dec 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a really fun read that will have you page turning rapidly. It’s a modern story of jealousy and revenge and questioning who you really can trust. Holly is a single mother with a daughter who is pregnant and she has got a promotion at work which makes her a target for mean tricks to undermine her. It is a light read, made me laugh at times, and has a satisfying ending.
Karen Whittard
Although this book was written really well, it was interesting and intriguing I found the characters a little annoying and it wasn’t my favourite Jane falling book. But it wasn’t bad.
Amanda
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have only discovered Jane’s books fairly recently. I have read two of them so far and absolutely loved both although I know that I have a fair few other books to catch up on. Book addict me says ‘yippee’, my purse just says ‘oh dear’. Anyway I digress so back to the review I go. You can imagine my excitement when I was asked if I would like to take part in the blog tour for ‘Tell Me A Secret’. After the squealing had finished, I did a little happy dance, which was thankfully only witnessed by ...more
Cleo Bannister
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
For those of you who have read previous books by this author you will be prepared for a tale of deceit heaped upon deceit served up in a number of different dishes but all with a lightness that by the time the book comes to a close you are left with a feeling that you’ve been entertained rather than put through the wringer.

Holly is promoted and assumes that her workplace best friend Roz will be keen to celebrate her success, and she is, isn’t she? But someone in the office is out to make mischie
Jeanniehay64
Jan 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book centres around Holly who has landed her dream promotion in her job on a popular TV soap. She is over the moon but her enthusiasm is not matched by her fellow co workers.

A campaign of sabotage begins and leaves Holly on tender hooks as she tries to figure out who could be behind it. With the help of her friend Holly vows to expose the culprit.

This book explores how you may think you know someone and their character but sometimes they can have a completely different side. I loved how t
Jane Hunt
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A contemporary revenge novel, that has a multi-layered plot, an authentic setting and complex characters. There is an underlying undercurrent of menace in this story as Holly's career and life are threatened, but will anyone believe her?

It's easy for the reader to believe in this storyline, most people who have worked in an office setting have witnessed office politics at some point in their career, and it's not hard to imagine what Holly experiences. Betrayal is an important theme of this stor
Noemi Proietti
Jan 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
TV script editor Holly has just been promoted but her happiness is cut short when she notices that someone in the office is trying to sabotage her. From false messages to inappropriate emails to her boss, it’s clear to Holly that someone doesn’t want her to succeed in her new job. Is it Juliet, her rival for the promotion? Or is it Roz, her friend and colleague who knows her secrets and who she thought she could trust?
I do love Jane Fallon’s novels and am always looking forward to reading any n
Julie
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a seriously good read. Seriously good as in I read it in one sitting and stayed up well past my bedtime. It's one of those books that is cleverly written to make you keep turning the pages and I couldn't wait to find out how it all turned out. If you read nothing else this year then make sure this book is on your list. Dealing with office politics, friendship and family relationships, this book will suck you into Holly's life and it won't let you go until the last page. Even then you wil ...more
Hollie
3.5 stars.
Victoria Frow
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very good. Jane Fallon has done it again, rollercoaster of a story about two work colleagues. I really enjoyed this and thought I had worked out the twist but turns out I was wrong! Love it how it changed tack just as you thought it was going one way. Thank you Penguin for providing me with a proof copy via NetGalley.
Agi
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holly has always prioritised her little family so when, after years, she gets her dream job on a popular TV soap she's over the moon, and also determined to pass the probation period, to prove that she's really the right person in the right place. But quickly it turns out that not everyone in the office agree with her promotion, as a not a very subtle campaign full of sabotage and accidents takes place. Holly is in shock and taken aback - who is behind this all? She tries to unveil who the perso ...more
Katherine Sunderland
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018

I do love a Jane Fallon novel - it's no secret. I also love the fact that my year seems to start and end with one of her novels. I have some of her other titles waiting on my shelf and they are saved for holidays or weekends or when I need that special 'go to' author when I need a great, page turning read.

Tell Me A Secret was no disappointment and as always, I was hooked from the beginning and raced through the chapters. Fallon has a real talent for capturing vivid and engaging characters who f
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Jane Fallon is an English producer and novelist, most famous for her work on popular series Teachers, 20 Things To Do Before You're 30, Eastenders and This Life. She has also written two successful novels.

Fallon has been in a relationship with popular comedian Ricky Gervais since 1982, after they met while studying together at the University College London. The couple has lived together since 1984