Start by marking “Blue Bloods and Backroads (Kings of Carolina #2)” as Want to Read:
Blue Bloods and Backroads (Kings of Carolina #2)

Blue Bloods and Backroads

(Kings of Carolina #2)

Love is a four-letter word. So is jerk.

RUBY: The only thing worse than a guy sneaking out in the middle of the night is finding he left a fat stack of cash as his only goodbye. Well, Leo Baxter can take that blue-blood money and whatever connection we had and shove it where the sun don’t shine.

It’s time to focus on hunting down my jailbird cousin, saving the family bus
Published September 1st 2018 by Rolling Hearts Press

To ask other readers questions about Blue Bloods and Backroads, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blue Bloods and Backroads

Start your review of Blue Bloods and Backroads (Kings of Carolina #2)
Romance Rehab
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
(Note: This is a review for a book duet. You’ll need to read both books, since book 1 ends on a cliffie.)

This is one of those stories that could have crossed over into cliche land REAL fast. I mean, the story of a prince from a fictional tiny land who falls for a small town girl? It’s been done a time or two (or ten thousand). But the author deserves MAJOR props because never once did I feel like I’ve read this story before.

First of all, I loved Leo about 99% of the time. (He’s a bit of a jerk a
(Energy)
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The second part of Blue Bloods and Backroads finishes off Ruby and Leo's story, allowing them to sort out the relationship that seemed on the edge of disaster in book one. When we often jump to conclusions in a relationship, sometimes communication is the key to resolution. As I said in book 1, I adore Ruby, she's a strong woman who knows what she wants, and I love a strong and assertive heroine.
Leo is adorable and I loved how he was with Ruby. When he says "These were the unhinged thoughts run
Kelli
Book Review: Blue Bloods and Backroads
Author: Sylvie Stewart
FIVE STARS
The Sequel to Between a Rock and a Royal, Blue Bloods and Backroads picks up where the first left off.
The twin Princes are headed home and have left Ruby in a hotel room. This book is as exciting and funny as the first and you will not be disappointed. I am especially loving the fact that the 2nd book was released the same day as the first so there is no delay in reading them since the first left us with such a HUGE cliffhang
Janet Graham
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love in the Fast Lane
This is the second in a series chronicling the love life of twin princes. Book 1 ends in the middle of the story that this book completes. This book ends with the lead into the next book but it is not a cliffhanger. This story is quite good. It ties up all of the loose ends of book 1, but it has its own story. As with book 1, this book has a great plot, deep characters, bad language and graphic sex scenes (which I skip over). I purchased this book and this is my honest opini
Margaux Espinosa
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant

This was a great story and a brilliant way to wrap up the love story between these two. It was sweet, sexy, steamy, and had me on pins and needles waiting for the shoe to drop. I very much look forward to reading Mal's story, he's my favorite and I licked him so he's mine, and reading about him realizing his feelings and coming into his own.
Heidi Dickinson
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a perfect ending to Ruby and Leo’s duet!! These two books were so fun and completely drew me right in!! I’m hoping we will get a chance to peek back in at them when we get Malcom’s book (I can’t wait!!)
Thia Finn
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved It

The conclusion to Leo and Ruby’s story was everything I hoped for. The end, while a good conclusion, leaves enough unsaid for several more books. I’m looking forward to Malcolm and Alice’s story and hope Sadie will have her own.
Carolyn
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
How To Grovel, A New Skill Set For Princes.

Prince Leo screws up. Prince Malcolm loses his Aide Alice when she resigns. Hillbillies and Royals learn to mix it up. Funny, romantic and full of quirky characters. Recommend Series.
Jk Crimm
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love this series! Silvie does a great job landing you after the clif hanger at the end of Between a Rock and a Royal. You can’t help but root for Leo and Ruby regardless of parents and royal responsibility. Looking forward to Malcom’s story!!!!
Lena
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Just loved the second part of Ruby and Leo’s story. Their interaction is sparkling.
Getting to know Alice a little was a treat.
Malcolm is next - have to know how he will manage the new job and what will happen to his lovelife.

I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book.
Jkcrimm
Katie Phillips
Sep 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a great ending to Leo and Ruby’s story :) I really liked the extra suspense! And I am going to go crazy waiting for Malcom and Alice’s journey - hurry up 2019!! I received this ARC for an honest review.
Krystle Butters
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

Great book! Ruby and Leo are so cute together. Perfect ending for them and leaves you wanting more. Can't wait for Mal's story!
Andrea B
Aug 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Why did it end like that??? I need more. I have questions I need answers too. There is more to be said
Plus I MUST shave Malcolm’s story
Serenechaosnyc
Mar 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this duet. In this first book, we met Leo, a prince, who was following his brother and King-to-be, Malcolm as Malcolm sows his royal oats before he becomes king (the current king, their father, is ill). Malcolm doesn't want to be king yet and therefore, is putting obstacles in front of Leo, who tends to be more strict and inflexible. This book starts after the cliffhanger of the prior book, when Leo left Ruby.

Ruby is adorable and strong, funny and loyal. She is still trying to h
Bette
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic RomCom, Series & Audible Listen🎧A Heartfelt Delight!

Blue Bloods and Backroads (A Royal Romantic Comedy)
Kings of Carolina, Book 2
By: Sylvie Stewart
Narrated by: Meagan Moses

Sylvie Stewart pens another fantastic romantic comedy, this is the 2nd book in her “Kings of Carolina” series and it picks up right where the 1st book “Between a Rock and a Royal” leaves off. I thoroughly enjoyed the 1st book and loved this one even more. Leo and Malcolm left Ruby without a goodbye, they went back to
Diana in SC
5 stars overall, 5 stars story, 5 stars narration
Joyfully addictive! Even better than the first book.

This audiobook is the second part of a duet, so you need to listen to them in order. I love the happily ever after for Ruby and Prince Leo, and this story marvelously set the stage for Malcolm’s romance in an upcoming book. I can’t wait! I also love how we got to know Alice. I love the characters. The plot twists were so exciting and the relationship development was so satisfying that I didn’t w
Cathy P
Nov 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Blue Bloods and Back roads. Conclusion to the duet

Super funny and sweet romance and storyline. This is a duet and ends in a huge cliffhanger. The first book and the first half of the second book were fantastic. Then the style of writing changes.
Malcolm and Leo are two princes and identical twins, from an obscure country in Europe. Malcolm is to become King and wants one last harrah before taking over for his ailing father. With John Denver's Country Roads as inspiration, the two ditch their sec
Jessica Wannamaker
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The conclusion

Leo made a big mistake thinking she'd betray him and his country. Ruby couldn't figure out why he treated her that way...

But thankfully Malcolm set his twin straight and now if only he could fix things so his assistant would come back to work for him...

I really liked that things worked themselves out and that they could share their lived and spend time on both country sides.

This was funny, steamy, sweet and I couldn't put it down.

Now I need to know how things go with Malcolm and
RoseyLovesBooks
Oct 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Ruby Green's heart is broken when she wakes up to an empty bed. Enough chasing pipe dreams and engaging in fun distractions. Ruby is done with Leo Baxter. Ruby needs to go home and take care of business. But what happens when Leo shows up, begging for forgiveness? Can Ruby get her fairy tale after all?

Blue Bloods and Backroads is a funny, angsty and steamy story that will have you rooting for Ruby and Leo to get together. It was really great seeing the inane but lovable Malcolm pop up throughout
Peni
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I fully enjoyed this story. I don't generally like to read/listen to book where the story is continued. These were an exception. I liked the premise and did find that the cut off was almost natural in a sense.

The characterization was excellent as well as the overall story. It has left me wanting to know Alice & her princes'? story. Meagan Moses did a terrific job telling this story and I hope I will get to listen to her again.

I recieved a free Audible copy of this story, at my request, in excha
Amanda
Apr 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I liked Ruby and Leo from Between a Rock and a Royal (which you should definitely read first), so it was great to get the conclusion of their story. I hope Alice's story comes out in the future, since she was one of my favorite characters in this story.

I listened to the Audible version. Meagan Moses did a fabulous job with narration and made the characters seem real. It was more than just the voices alone for Leo & Ruby, but as the craziness escalates, the chapters in Leo's point of view still
Turn The Page Mama
Mar 12, 2021 rated it really liked it
I have to say I really did enjoy this second book. I love how it picks up right where the first one left off. I love getting to know the characters a little bit more and getting more of Ruby and Leo.
See the two of them figure out their relationship and support each other was well written and I loved seeing more of Malcolm too.

The reason that I gave 4 stars this time is I felt like the ending was abrupt again. Yes things are tied up but I feel like there is still more. I know we're being set up
Dec 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sassy romance full steam ahead
Such a good finish for this duet. A lovely blend of sass and romance with a swoony grand gesture. Ruby stays true to herself the whole way through and ends just as strong as she started. I especially loved getting more time to learn more about Alice, I hope she gets her own book. Leo doesn’t let us down and is what book boyfriends are made of. There are so many things happening in this story and everything gets dealt with in a believable way. Such a fun listen
Avid  Reader
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Who wants a knight in shining armor when you can have an undercover prince! I loved this story. Leo gave me all the feels! I loved Ruby and Leo’s meet cute. After Leo’s identical twin brother makes an a$$ out of himself, Ruby mistakes Leo for him. Ruby is just what responsible and unshakable Leo needs to bring color and joy to his structured life. Malcom is the perfect matchmaker! I do think this should have been 1 book. There was no reason it needed to split. I can’t wait for Malcom story!
Kim
Apr 18, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book 2 in the Bluebloods and Backroads Series

You will want to read Between a Rock and a Royal before reading this book. This story picks up where that one left off.

Ruby is a great character. She is tough but feminine, very caring and protective of her family and friends, and a really good mechanic.

Leo is a good man. He’s intelligent, caring, and happens to be second in line to the crown of his country.

Fun story that continues in Book 3 of this series.

Kelly Fountain
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! This was a fantastic duo! It’s not your typical “fall in love with a royal” book. I love how Ruby stands on her own two feet. She’s strong, outgoing and in control. Leo couldn’t help but fall for her. Love the ending and can’t wait for Malcolm’s book!
Emily
Apr 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
I listened to the audio version of this book. I enjoyed book one more than this one. I wasn’t completely satisfied with the ending. I’m assuming we’ll hear more about Leo and Ruby in Malcolm’s book I hope. I don’t feel happy the way it is. I look forward to the next one.
Laurie Baker
Nov 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Blue Bloods and Backroads

The conclusion to Ruby and Leo’s story. They finally got over the big misunderstanding and had to figure out where the relationship was going. Hard to have one with a prince across an ocean. Great story with lots of LOL moments!
Harold E Parker
Jan 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent finish for Ruby and Leo's story with a good beginning for Alice and Mal.

Very good story with believable characters and plot. Well written with good character development. Drew me in with the first book, so I had to purchase the next two.

• Wicked in Winter (Lost Harbor, Alaska, #4)
  • The Billionaire Bargain #1
  • Can't Help Falling In Love (Calamity Falls #6)
  • Naughty Wish (Brit Boys Sports, #5)
  • Of Potions and Portents (Sister Witches of Raven Falls Cozy Mysteries Series, #1)
  • Next Door Knight (Man's Best Friend, #2)
  • Rushing In (Bailey Brothers, #4)
  • Dragon Souls Box Set (Broken Souls #1-2)
  • Dream With Me (The O'Callaghans, #1; With Me In Seattle, #13)
  • Wicked Bedmate (Cocky Hero Club)
  • The Introvert's Guide to Speed Dating (The Introverts Guide,#2)
  • Oopsie Daisy (The Flower Shop Sisters, #3)
  • Wanderlust (From Paris with Love #1)
  • Scoring Off the Ice (Ice Kings, #2)
  • Everly Dalton's Dating Disasters (Dirty Martini Running Club, #0.5)
  • The Introvert's Guide to Blind Dating (The Introvert's Guide, #3)
  • The Mistletoe Kisser (Blue Moon #8)
  • A Case of Extreme Mistaken Identity  (The Billionaire Club Book 2)
Sylvie Stewart is a USA Today bestselling author of romantic comedy and contemporary romance. She loves all things North Carolina, wants a baby goat for a pet, and lives to make her readers laugh and swoon. Sylvie's newest release is The Runaround .

Amazon: http://bit.ly/sylviestewartamazon
Facebook: http://bit.ly/sstewartfb
Instagram: http://bit.ly/sstewartig
Twitter: http://bit.ly/sstewar

Kings of Carolina (2 books)
  • Between a Rock and a Royal (Kings of Carolina, #1)