Start by marking “Clinch (Low Blow, #1)” as Want to Read:
Clinch (Low Blow, #1)

Clinch

(Low Blow #1)

Gunnar is one fight away from cruiserweight champion, and one flight of stairs away from true love.

When Gunnar left his ex, the current cruiserweight champion, two years earlier and moved back to his hometown, he knew he was passing up his chance to win the world. The last thing he wants is to meet his ex in the ring while the world dubs it a grudge match. For the most

Published (first published May 16th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Clinch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Clinch

Elizabeth
This was better than the last book I read by this author. It was good. That's pretty much all I have to say about it. The main thing I will say is that for some reason the thing I remember the most about these books by this author is that they seem under developed. I think that this story has the potential to be a better book if you have time to understand why the characters are the way they are, everything always seems rushed. It's what I disliked about the last book I read from a different ser ...more
Katrina Passick Lumsden
Parkerson's writing is a total guilty pleasure for me, and this one didn't disappoint.
BR11
Between 2 and 3 mehh stars. Free with Kindle Unlimited.
This story is about two guys that hooked up once in high school and then get together ten years later.
Gunnar is a professional boxer and Liam works as a stripper because it pays great and he's saving for his dream of, one day, having children.
It was an OK, somehow sweet story but there was something missing. I don't know... the whole thing about Gunnar not recognizing Liam but then remembering every single detail from one minute to the other
Fani
Jul 15, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
If you are looking for something to pass time and have a nice calm afternoon or evening then “Clinch” is a nice choice. The book is not very big and the story doesn’t have much drama compared to other romance stories. The main characters are devoted to each other and their arguments didn’t drag on forever, but instead they were resolved in a timely manner.

Other than that though, the story isn’t a very memorable one. The main characters were lacking development, they didn’t feel real to me and th
Ricardo
Jun 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
3 1/2 stars

Despite some pretty confusing twists in the plot (why exactly did Liam move to the same building where Gunnar lived if he didn’t want to see him again doesn’t quite make sense) the action and the dialogue is entertaining enough to keep the story going and although the sex scenes are pretty cliché, they’re not horrible
AussieMum
Oct 20, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I really enjoyed the first half of this- it was headed to being a 4-4.5 star read for me. You can see a few reasons why from my updates.

Liam and Gunner had a small 'thing' for each other in high school. Liam eventually turned Gunner down because even though he got bullied at school he was out and wouldn't be anyones secret, and Gunner was not out. Cut to 10 years later and the two guys paths cross again.

I liked these characters. The way they were written was very appealing to me. Gunner is a bo
Cathy Brockman
Gunnar has lived below Liam for two years. He has always wondered why the man barely acknowledged him and put it off as him being straight or purely disinterest.
Liam had a thing for Gunnar since they were in school but when Gunnar moved below him and didn't remember him at all, he didn't want to get hurt again, so he avoided him. Then one night he locks his cell phone and keys in his car and its pouring rain. Gunnar comes to his rescue. Gunnar is smitten but the attractive man he rescued from th
Jodie's W.I.N.E. List
Charity Parkerson did it again. She wrote another amazing book that is a great start to another automatic one-click series for me.

Even if you aren't into M/M books, it would be difficult not to enjoy Gunnar and Liam's story. The chemistry between these two is off the charts. You could feel their connection. Charity has such a way with words that you feel like you are there with Gunnar and Liam, experiencing their lives right along with them.

Of course, their story can't be drama free. There wer
Chris
Aug 24, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Ok from the about the author section - "Born with no filter from her brain to her mouth"? Does she write with her mouth?

I can appreciate that nothing in this book was realistic or believable, but I think it might help if there were at least SOMETHING that's believable. Something to grab onto.

I like when people writing in this genre find one way to describe something and then push ctrl + v all day long. It makes me smile. :)

The writing was promising. But it was a broken promise this time.
Cadiva
Jun 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Liking this new series

While it's set in the same universe as the other books and contains a lot of the same characters, this one felt much tighter in the story telling and in the pacing and editing.

Loved Gunner's story and Liam was a great partner for him.

Parkerson also has a habit of turning sinners into saints who get their happy endings so I'm looking forward to reading Kaz and Boston's story.
Stephanie Landis
Oct 26, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I hate when an author uses a shared past as an excuse to fast forward two characters romantic relationship. That's what it felt like was happening here. I never felt a real connection between the two other than the obvious lust and sexual chemistry...and without the emotional connection and character development even that feel flat.

Definitely not for me, but others obviously loved it.
Bobbie  Bomber
I started reading Clinch on a whim since I've been in a really bad reading slump for the past few months and next thing I knew I had finished it.

It was a fun and cliche romance and I really did enjoy it the story and characters. I'll definitely be checking out more from this author in the future.
Neil Plakcy
Nov 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book-- lots of angst and the sex was fun. But I did expect more of a look at the world of boxing from the description. I also thought the author could have made more of the Florida Keys location-- as a South Floridian some of the details didn't quite work.
Jenn C
May 29, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 ~ Cute quick sexy read of love lost and then found again. Gunnar and Liam are great together.
Amanda
May 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Totally guilty pleasure. Quick, easy read. Gunnar and Liam were way too cute :-)
Mary
Jul 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my first book by this author and i liked it a lot
Jane (PS)
Mar 31, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm, kindle

I'm glad to have read this author, but I don't know that there is enough meat in the storyline for me to be truly engaged. It's a quick read though with a bit of emotion toward the end.
Shaztwirl
Good.

Whilst I was happy to see Gunnar get his story I did feel that it dragged a little in places while at the same time we were robbed of a great fight. Good read though.
Mollien Fote Osterman
Blurb:

blub
Second Chances <3

4.5 out of 5 stars

A well-paced, well-written love story reuniting two lovers, Gunnar and Liam. Liam is a strong and out young man who came out in high school and works as a stripper because he wanted to save up money fast and spend time with his nieces and one day adopt. He knows what he wants and goes after it. Gunnar is a fragile professional boxer who is still recouping from his prior relationship with another professional boxer, Boston. This reader suspects that Boston wi
Kay Harris
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Clinch is at its core a love story. But it also the story of how we handle friendship, betrayal, and the ultimate human condition - insecurity.

Liam was the strong gay boy in high school. He was harassed, picked on, and beaten to a pulp on a regular basis, but he never wavered in being true to himself. Gunnar was strong, popular, and in the closet. The two shared something hot and special.

Ten years later they meet again, as neighbors. Gunnar is a professional boxer and Liam is a stripper. A cha
**Elle**Bee**Double U**
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
**I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book**

When it comes to m/m books I tend to get picky with authors I read. I feel like I've committed a crime having not read anything from Charity Parkerson!

Gunnar and Liam have history beyond being neighbors for the last 2 years.
Liam has a big heart ready to show his man the love he has. He wants everything out of a relationship. The white picket fence, marriage, and kids. After being laughed at by his ex when he expressed these desires h
Jessica71208
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A heart warming M/M love story!!

I loved this book so much. I have not read many books with just male and male relationships but I felt this was so completely realistic. I feel that if you used a woman and a man with story still could work so if you have an open mind and don't mind same sex action you need to try this book. I feel the author represented the characters and the situation in a real life way that anyone can relate to. Because it's so relatable I think that's one of the things I loved
Amanda Campbell
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my first Charity Parkerson book and my first M/M book. And I really enjoyed it. I truly can say I loved it. I was pleasantly surprised to find it wasn't so hot and steamy, where it did have some scenes that way, the whole book wasn't that way. It was exactly liking reading a sweet romance between M/F. Gunnar was such a masculine fighter who made me swoon quite a bit throughout the story and Liam was liking listening to the same insecurities that lived in my own head (while they use to b ...more
Amanda Showalter
Jun 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is not normally my type of book but I got a chance to read it because it was free on Amazon. This is book one in the low blow series and it is about Liam and Gunner. This is a M/M Book so if that bothers you then don't get it. This is basically a second chance romance that just happens to spark it up again when keys get locked in the car. This is a very well-written book and I enjoyed it very much.
Carey
May 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I ended up liking this one but I had issues. Why set it in the US? There were dead giveaways it should have been set in the U.K. Or Canada (cruiserweight just being one). They were together 7 months before they exchanged keys? Especially when they literally lived upstairs/downstairs from one another? And then were engaged 2 or 3 days after that? But the MC's were sweet, so...idk. It was ok lol.
Mona williams
Jun 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this book was really great! it was a first read of yours i read. it could have used more of a plot. its about a fighter. whos ex wants to fight him in the ring. he has been putting if off for awhile now. he meets a old flame of his that he doesnt even remember. will they rekindle there love? read to find out!
Wendell Hennan
Sep 14, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
While starting out well, this story developed into a bog of insecurity, ex bf's and immaturity. Gunnar is a boxer and Liam is a stripper, and their attraction began in high school but the next time they meet one doesn't recognise the other despite living in the same building for two years. Really???
DeeNeez
A sweet read. A sweet romance. I liked all the characters, especially Gunnar and Liam. I liked Kaz a lot too, he needs his own story. And there's definitely a Troy story to be told. I did feel a little cheated at the end, wanted to see the fight between Boston and Gunnar.
Kristine (A Cozy Booknook)
I rather enjoyed this book. The characters are interesting and likable, I was rooting for their happiness with each turn of the page. I thought the story was well paced and kept me wanting to know what was going to happen next. I look forward to reading more in this series.
« previous 1 3 next »

• A Christmas Bonus
  • Safety Net
  • Mile High Romance Box Set: Books 1 & 2
  • Wild Pitch (Homeruns #1)
  • See the Light (Safe Harbor, #1)
  • Rescued by Love
  • Cover Me Boxed Set: The Complete Trilogy
  • Picks & Pucks
  • Playing to Win (Glasgow Lads, #2)
  • Promised Valley Rebellion
  • A Hoale Lot of Trouble (Hoale Construction Mystery #1)
  • Tommy's Blind Date
  • Naked Hero - The Journey Away (Naked Hero, #1)
  • Massacre'ade Party
  • The One for Me
  • Mark of the Gladiator (Warriors of Rome, #4)
  • Scrum
  • Love Like We Do - Side A (Love Like We Do #1)
Charity Parkerson is an award winning and multi-published author with Ellora's Cave Publishing, Midnight Books, and Punk & Sissy Publications. Born with no filter from her brain to her mouth, she decided to take this odd quirk and insert it in her characters.

*Seven-time winner of Readers' Favorite Awards
*2014 Golden Ankh nominee
*2013 Readers' Favorite Award Winner
*2013 Reviewers' Choice Awar

Low Blow (5 books)
  • Slip (Low Blow, #2)
  • Brawler (Low Blow, #3)
  • Upstart (Low Blow, #4)
  • Gatekeeper (Low Blow, #5)