Start by marking “Buried Lies (Crimson Point, #2)” as Want to Read:
Buried Lies (Crimson Point, #2)

Buried Lies

(Crimson Point #2)

She left her painful past behind.

Poppy Larsen is finally free. She moved to Crimson Point to make a new life for herself, full of bright possibilities. A whole new world awaits her, if she can find the courage to trust again—even her gorgeous neighbor, the town sheriff. But darkness lurks in the picturesque Oregon Coast town, concealing a deadly threat that’s closer than
Published November 27th 2018 by Kaylea Cross Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Buried Lies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Buried Lies

Start your review of Buried Lies (Crimson Point, #2)
Kayla
Dec 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018-releases, arc
This was a solid 3.5 star book and I really enjoyed it! While it was the second book in a series I didnt feel like I was missing any information while reading, although I will say that it spoils the plot of the first book if that's something that will bother you.

The relationship in this story was incredibly cute. The sherriff was so sweet on her, and this kind of reminded me of Mercy Thompson book one with the whole falling for your neighbor part of it, as well as the danger in this book. I wasn
MG

Buried Lies is a romantic suspense/thriller with a serial killer and several side stories (ancillary characters in the series who are main characters in the other Crimson Point books). The premise for the story was a good one, and I mostly enjoyed both the romantic element and the "who done it" aspect as it was a bit of a bait and switch (mild spoiler that doesn't really give anything away --- you think you know because another one is too obvious, but then you get a twist you didn't see
Janine - The World Was Hers for the Reading
When Poppy Larsen moved to Crimson Point, she was hoping to make a brand new start and leave her painful past behind. She’s just opened a brand new business that is becoming a success and not only is she becoming a part of the town, she’s gaining friends which is something that doesn’t come easy for her. She’s also starting a relationship and learning to trust her sweet and sexy new neighbor, who just also happens to be the town sheriff.

Noah Buchanan can’t help but be intrigued by his gorgeous n
Anne - Books of My Heart
Nov 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, 7arcs
This review was originally posted on Books of My Heart

Review copy was received from Publicity team. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
Continuing the Crimson Point series , we have Sierra's brother, Noah, who was Beckett's best friend growing up.  He was not in the military but is the local sheriff. Poppy is his new neighbor in the cottage next door. The cottages are very near the ocean.

Poppy, despite difficulties in her past, is a ray of sunshine.
Eva Millien
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Star Buried Lies
She moved to Crimson Point and made a new life for herself, one full of bright possibilities and if Poppy can find the courage to trust again – even her gorgeous neighbor, the town sheriff. Noah can’t help but be intrigued by his new neighbor, she’s hard working, sexy and unlike most of the women in town, she hasn’t thrown herself at him. But darkness lurks in Crimson Point, concealing a deadly threat that’s closer than either of them ever imagined.

The author has created a g
Sissy's Romance Book Review
3.8 Stars
Buried Lies by Kaylea Cross is book Two in the Crimson Point series. This is the story of Sheriff Noah Buchanan and Poppy Larsen. I haven't yet read the previous book so for me this was a standalone book.
Poppy has just moved to Crimson Point to start a new life after her mother's death and to get away from the Town Bullies. Poppy finds she is attracted to her neighbor Noah but tries to stay clear of it after what she lived through in her home town. But their budding friendship starts h
⚜️Trea
FTC DISCLAIMER: I RECEIVED AN E-ARC FROM THE PUBLISHER THROUGH INKSLINGER PR. I VOLUNTARILY OFFER MY HONEST REVIEW OF THE BOOK, THOUGH IT IS NOT EXPECTED OF ME! RECEIPT OF THIS BOOK IN THIS MANNER DOES NOT AFFECT MY OPINION OF THE BOOK OR THE CONTENT OF MY REVIEW!

After reading the first book in this series, I went into this story with high hopes and I wasn't disappointed! OMG, this story was amazing!

First and foremost, I loved the suspense angle of this story! It was totally creepy, and shocked
Heather
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
While this is the second book in the series, I was easily able to read this as a stand alone. However, I absolutely adored the characters in this book and now I want to go back and read the first book! Kaylea Cross has written a terrific novel with the perfect balance of romance and some rather intense suspense. And while I had my suspicions on who was the bad guy, I ended up being completely wrong. Never, saw that one coming but then either did the sheriff! There was more to this story than the ...more
Dísir
Noah Buchanan and Poppy Larsen are next in line after Sierra and Beckett to get their HEA, as Kaylea Cross sets up a series that’s gentler than the fare she typically offers up and is a bit more focused on family and friendship where reaffirmation and new starts bound.

Poppy/Noah’s story is easy to read, though more predictable than I thought. Frankly, Poppy/Noah weren’t exactly standout protagonists that imprint themselves indelibly in my memory and neither was the suspense that I was hoping wo
Anita
Jan 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, romantic-supense

The Baddie. One of the most important elements of a mystery or romantic-suspense plot is how to deal with the Baddie. Do you disclose them up front and build the suspense? Or, do you keep them hidden and build both the suspense and mystery? I, personally, prefer a hidden Baddie and I have no clue who the Baddie is and I love it! The one element of this plot that I didn't like i
Lynsey   (A Bookish Life)
I've just finished this suspenseful romance by Kaylea Cross and rather enjoyed it.

I picked it up based on the blurb - I love a good small town setting, and who doesn't find a dutiful, hardworking sheriff even more enticing than your regular, run-of-the-mill red-hot neighbour? What kept me reading was the sweet sweet build up between main characters Poppy and Noah, and the threads of sinister suspense woven into the story.

I have to confess, I did guess the ending, but I tend to do that a fair bit
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)

Buried Lies starts off with a very creepy intro that I wasn't expecting. I love when an author gives you a glimpse into an unexpected character! The story shifts after the brief into to our main characters, Noah, the town sheriff, and Poppy, a new resident who opened a bookshop/bakery cafe. She is desperately trying to get her business off the ground and put her past behind her.

The attraction is immediate between Noah and Poppy which I always like. I felt the drama of the story was darker
Book Him Danno
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Readers if you haven't read the first one no big deal this can be read as a stand a lone novel. However all I can say is if at the end of this book you don't want to move to Crimson Point than what is wrong with you.

Kaylea Cross has the ability to bring to life a small town on the Oregon Coast that will have readers falling in love with the location, town as well as the characters that are threaded though the story.

The town becomes a characters in its own right.

While the story has your typical r
Lisa

[TW: assault, rape mentions]

Having finished this, I now realized just how many of my favourite tropes are in this book: age gap (Noah is 38, Poppy is 26), neighbours/girl-next-door, found family... and Noah's also the sheriff *checks off Men-in-Uniform*

Anyway, the story is fast-paced and the romance is cute, though we pretty much knew from the get-go who the baddie was (it really wasn't hard to guess lol). And I love the Pamela Clare mention! #friendshipgoals

Jase and Molly's book is go
Shahla's World
There's something about a man in uniform that makes me melt. Every. Time. Cop? Hot damn. Best let me grab an extra pair of panties to have on hand. Noah was no exception.

This book was very fast-paced and heart-racing.

Full review: https://shahlas-world.blogspot.com/20...
Nikki Brooks
Really engaging storyline with a chance to get into the head of the baddie!! Noah is the sheriff of Crimson Point and the sexy new neighbour that Poppy could really do without coming to the attention of. Noah, however, is also a nice guy and he just wants to help out his neighbour - he has a feeling that she is on the run from something but isn't too sure what to make of her.

Poppy wants her little business to take flight and let her leave her miserable childhood behind her. But it would appear t
Alana Bloom
Dec 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Freed from her familial obligations in small-town South Dakota, Poppy decides she needs a fresh start to rebuild herself on the Oregon Coast. I enjoyed watching Poppy come into her own woman, pushing away her insecurities and befriending the locals by being true to herself. As I was reading, I felt like she was the kind of person that I would want to be friends with! Noah is written to be a dream-come-true, perfect fit for Poppy. I loved that he respected her boundaries but I felt like his chara ...more
Ashley (Red-Haired Ash Reads)
Poppy Larsen has moved to Crimson Point to start a new life away from her judgmental hometown. She has opened a bookshop and is slowly remodeling her new home. What she doesn’t expect is to be attracted to her sexy sheriff neighbor Noah Buchanan. While she trusts Noah it's going to take a while before she can trust any man again.

I loved this book. Poppy was so amazing, and strong. I totally have a girl crush on her. She opened her own bookstore/bakery and is remodeling her own home. Her past wa
Julie (Jewlsbookblog)
Dec 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Poppy relocated to Crimson Point for a fresh start. Getting settled into her new home and focusing on her business are her main concerns and dating, well that point is way down the list. However, living next door to a sexy sheriff has Poppy reconsidering her no dating stance. Noah is intensely curious about his new neighbor, which is a surprise since he hasn’t been interested in anyone serious since his fiancée dumped him years ago. Yet there’s something different about Poppy...

After a chilling
BlueSeal
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I missed the first book in Kaylea Cross’ Crimson Point Series but, if you did too, don’t worry. You haven’t missed so much that you’re left confused. You can totally read this book then go back and read “Fractured Honor”, which is Beckett and Sierra’s story, like I am going to do. Then, there is just a short wait until book three “Shattered Vows”, which is Molly and Jase’s story that comes out in January 2019. Believe me; you will want to read all three especially if you love military or police ...more
Alphas Do It Better Book Blog
5 Stars

This new series from Kaylea Cross continues to leave me on the edge of my seat and waiting for more! Book two in the Crimson Point series is sweet, suspenseful, heartbreaking (at times) and will keep you turning pages until you find out everything you can! With the return of all our favorite characters from Beckett and Sierra’s story you will continue to be drawn into this amazing series. Noah and Poppy do not have an easy road to their happily ever after but it is one heck of a ride to g
Elisa
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Buried Lies was a fantastic, heart-stopping thrill ride as the 2nd book in the Crimson Point series.

I loved everything about this story Noah and Poppy are just awesome both strong-minded and vulnerable at the same time and both sweet in their own ways.

The main story was gripping, trying to figure out who the serial killer was had my eyes glued to the pages, the ending had me gasping for breath and I know we all expect an HEA but this one had me wondering if it would happen.

Molly and Carter's sid
Denise Van plew
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Now this was one that caught me by surprise when I entered in. I was expecting a typical adventure read but was given much more than that. After having just come out of a paranormal this one was a welcome liking variety at times. Poppy does know how to do more than pick the curiosity she knows how to hold her own. Sheriff Noah also does more than be the neighbor we watch he also causes the blood to speed up a bit lol. As you see the chemistry you have hankered down. You will also not want to get ...more
Pelusa Rivera
So we meet Poppy who is starting over, getting over some difficult situations and she moves to the town of Crimson Point, I really liked Poppy she was a sweet person regardless of everything that she has been thru and I respect her for that. She meet Noah who is the town sheriff and he has been hurt by love before but their something about Poppy. Unfortunately for them evil is around and they are now going to go thru a rollercoaster of scenarious but with friends and each other they will be able ...more
Pamela(AllHoney)
The second book in the Crimson Point series by Kaylea Cross. Poppy Larsen is new to town and ready for a new start. Soon she meets new friends, including Sheriff Noah Buchanan, her new neighbor. Noah senses that Poppy has had a rough past and wants to protect her.

Nice to get Noah's story. This is a pretty good series so far. Looking forward to more. While the story could be read as a stand alone, I think it should be read as a series in order to get to know the characters and their backstories.
Speed
Love this author and her books! This story is about Poppy and Sheriff Noah and Poppy has moved to Crimson Point to get away from something in her past. Her neighbor happens to be the sexy and sweet, Sheriff Noah. I loved these two together and really liked that there was minimum angst in their love story. As per Ms. Cross writing style, there was a bit of suspense and of course a HEA for our characters. A great read. 4 stars****

****I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book provide
Marija
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Second book in the instalment and I must say that I loved it! It is awesome story with even more awesome characters! You simply have to love Poppy and Noah...this book is filled with romantic suspense but there is also a hearbreaking moments that I don't want to reveal just to avoid spoilers for the readers. I'm looking forward of reading the next books in this instalment. Well Done Kaylea Cross!
ZETTER
Sanctuary!!!

Noah Buchanan, the sheriff of Crimson Point whom we've met in FRACTURED HONOR had a beautiful neighbor he met when she first came to town. He knew she was hiding something, he just didn't know how bad it was.

Poppy Larsen, owner of the new bookshop in town, Whale's Tale was looking a fresh start after leaving her painful past behind. She didn't trust easily but when it came to the sexy as sin sheriff, and her neighbor, Noah Buchanan. She felt at ease talking to him.

No matter how
Rissa Gomes
So, I liked it.

It wasn't wonderful, perfect or amazing - but it was good. It was ok.

First and foremost, I really liked the heroine. She was a silent, strong type we don't see very often in romance anymore - for some reason, people tend to think that a strong heroine has to be a police officer, or a lawyer or someone in a position of power - and if not, that she needs to at least hold her own in a fight.

I like that Poppy is neither and yet her strength is as clear and bright as the sun. Now, our
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Covert Games (Redemption Harbor, #6)
  • Chasing Vengeance (Redemption Harbor, #7)
  • The Savior (Aces #1)
  • Bishop's Endgame (Endgame Trilogy #3)
  • Dark Memento (Verona Bay, #1)
  • Hunting Danger (Redemption Harbor, #5)
  • HOT Justice (Hostile Operations Team, #14)
  • Bishop's Queen (Endgame Trilogy, #2)
  • Hard Target (Cobra Elite, #1)
  • Bishop's Knight (Endgame Trilogy #1)
  • Black Out (Black's Bandits #3)
  • Man Hunt (SEALs of Shadow Force: Spy Division, #1)
  • Shamrock (Linear Tactical, #3)
  • Securing Caite (SEAL of Protection: Legacy, #1)
  • Hard Asset (Cobra Elite, #2)
  • Chasing Fire (Colorado High Country, #7; I-Team, #9)
  • Deadly Surrender (The Serafina: Sin City Series Book 5)
  • Shelter for Quinn (Badge of Honor: Texas Heroes #13)
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author Kaylea Cross writes edge-of-your-seat military romantic suspense. Her work has won many awards and has been nominated for both the Daphne du Maurier and the National Readers’ Choice Awards. A Registered Massage Therapist by trade, Kaylea is also an avid gardener, artist, Civil War buff, Special Ops aficionado, belly dance enthusiast and former nation ...more

Crimson Point (4 books)
  • Fractured Honor (Crimson Point, #1)
  • Shattered Vows (Crimson Point, #3)
  • Rocky Ground (Crimson Point #4)