Start by marking “Pinpoints of Light: Escaping the Abyss of Abuse” as Want to Read:
Pinpoints of Light: Escaping the Abyss of Abuse

Pinpoints of Light: Escaping the Abyss of Abuse

Mental illness. Addiction. Pain. Fear. Control. Abuse. What images do those words stir in your mind's eye? For me, those words paint a darkening abyss filled with millions of gallons of heaviness, guilt, and duty trapping me in tangible darkness. My former spouse could not see us or find us because he was locked away in his own mind of mental illness, then became trapped b ...more
Published November 28th 2018 by Author Academy Elite

To ask other readers questions about Pinpoints of Light, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pinpoints of Light

Start your review of Pinpoints of Light: Escaping the Abyss of Abuse
K.M.
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
For everyone who asks, “Why didn’t she just leave?” Domestic Violence is a topic many people shy away from. Not April. April T. Giauque tells us the truth about how quickly one’s life can unravel through the actions of another. What can be worse than having the person that you promised to love for the rest of your life, and who promised to love you, become the greatest threat to you? When he also becomes the greatest threat to the lives of your children. This is what happened to April. This is w ...more
Alysha
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't put it down, and I rarely say that about nonfictions! It's told in story form and it starts out as a sweet love story. Sadly it doesn't stay that way and way too many people can relate to that. This book let me get into the mind of someone in an abusive relationship and hopefully when I know someone in that situation I'll be able to understand them a little bit better and offer them support and a listening ear.
And reading about her husband's mental illness was way interesting!!
Jeff Votava
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely fantastic book!

This book is so well written & easy to read, it’s hard to put down! April so eloquently takes you on her journey through life, pain, & eventually getting back to light. I’m so glad that she wrote this book to help others that are struggling & see her become a source of light for others. Great book!
Lorie
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is full of healing, courage, victory over darkness in a world of abuse and betrayal. The steps
To freedom from abuse is so strong in this book. Nobody is unlovable and everyone is worth saving.
Carla Nina
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
April did an excellent job sharing her story while providing tools to gain much needed light to escape the abyss of domestic abuse. I am grateful to have found her book. Definitely worth reading.
Marcy Johnson