Start by marking “Fireworks (True North, #6)” as Want to Read:
Fireworks (True North, #6)

Fireworks

(True North #6)

Skye Copeland is on paid leave from her broadcasting job after accidentally drawing a pecker on the traffic map.

Let that sink in. Like it’s her fault the traffic pattern that day created a perfect schlong?

Skye isn’t laughing. She needs this job. And that’s the only reason she’s agreed to chase down a story in her least favorite place—that hell on earth known as Vermont.
Published November 13th 2018 by Tuxbury Publishing LLC

Christy
Oct 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-four-stars
4 stars!!

photo IMG_2161_zpszvums9rg.png

Every book in Sarina Bowen’s True North series has been a winner for me, and Fireworks was no exception. I was so excited to get Benito’s story. I loved this beautiful second chance romance.

Skye Copeland fell in love with Benito Rossi when she was a teenager. After a misunderstanding of sorts, Skye left Vermont, and Benito when she was 17. She moved to NYC and has never looked back. But now, Skye is on a break from her job and her step-sister in Vermont needs her help. So she’s going
Jilly
Nov 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
It was pretty good. This series in general is enjoyable, but I find myself frustrated a lot of the time with actions that make no sense. You know when you are reading and you are going crazy, yelling at the characters to "Just fucking have a conversation and all of this will be solved!"? Or, is that just me who yells at book characters?
I like honesty. Just say what you think and things are clearer. Everyone knows where you stand.

See? That's honest. We know exactly where this guy stands. In the
Corina☞BookTwinsReviews
Small town romance ★ Sweet ★ Second chance

I knew I couldn’t go wrong with picking up this book. The author has been a reliable source of sweet and heart warming romances that always speak to me. The vibrant descriptions of Vermont have me wanting to visit ASAP. It’s one of the reasons why I love this series so much. The location is so unique because of how down to earth and non-exotic it is and I’m impressed how much this authors makes me love Vermont without ever been there.

Fireworks was a wond
Wendy'sThoughts
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Sarina Bowen Fans, Romance
5 Sarina Bowen Delivered on The Benito Promise Stars
* * * * * Spoiler Free-It's LIVE!!!
How many times has a secondary character called out to the readers...making their presence known every time they made an appearance. You know the ones...they jump off the page... they feel so real, it's as if you can feel their hearts beating in their chests. If the author is talented, they will give you just enough to work within the current story...but also enough to cause your mind to wander and wonder abou
Sabrina
NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

3.5 Stars

Fireworks is the sixth installment of Sarina Bowen's True North series and is a sweet second chance romance. After twelve years away Skye Copland is back in Vermont but determined to avoid anything from her past. But when her stepsister abandons her with nothing but a cryptic note she's thrust into a world of drug running and investigations. Which leads her back to Benito Rossi, the boy she once loved who eventually broke her heart.

I'm not a huge fan of s
Stacey is Sassy
Another chance to get their story perfect…

I wonder how many people go into TV journalism to seek the truth and provide an unbiased and accurate accounting of that truth? It seems that the profession has turned into more about looking good for the camera, getting the right ratings and a high social following. I’m sure there are a lot of journalists that start out with good intentions, but it’s a cut-throat business. Sure, you can seek that truth, but you better be telling it with perfect hair, sk
Jennifer Kyle
Nov 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars ⭐ ...more
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

I loved this book! This is the sixth book in the True North series but it could easily be read as a stand-alone. I haven't read all of the books in the series and have kind of jumped around a bit so I think that this is one of those series that is fine to jump in anywhere you want. Just know that once you do get started, you are probably going to want to read them all. Benito has played a role in some of the earlier books and I was r
Wendy
3,5

Well... I guess I have a confession to make. I haven't read any book in this series "True North" yet and this is book 6. Seems like I have some catching up to do ;)

Gerelateerde afbeelding

I actually didn't know that this book was part of a series when I signed up for it. I just thought it looked so pretty and I have read plenty of great work by this author before...

This book can be read as a stand-alone, but I am gonna be honest and say that it's probably more enjoyable if you read all the books in order ;)

That said, I
Dísir
‘Fireworks’ is Sarina Bowen’s ever-growing ‘Truth North’ series as we’re taken back on the ride to Vermont where Skylar and Benito meet again after 12 years. Their history is slowly revealed in flashbacks over the course of the story, enveloped lovingly by the rustic Vermont small-town community and memories that don’t just seem to fade.

If this starts out rather light-hearted, Bowen inserts a little more suspense here along with the quirk and in this way, this particular instalment is a little
FMABookReviews
❝...when you look at me the way you're looking at me right now, I feel like a superhero.❞

'Fireworks' is a mysterious and sexy second-chance romance, that will sweep you off your feet!

While reading 'Bountiful' is not necessary in order to enjoy 'Fireworks', doing so would give you some background information and an introduction to Benito's intense, alpha side.

In 'Fireworks', Benito was warm, sexy, tender and caring. Growing up in the trailer park, he always felt it his duty to protect the ones
The Book Bee
Nov 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
REVIEW: 4 STARS
"The heart is a fool, and love at first sight is a vicious bitch."

Woah! This was the best 'welcome back' to a series if I've ever had one!! And of course, after reading this one, I need to make some time to go and read the few in the middle I missed. Really and truly, Sarina Bowen's writing has a wholesome appeal to it and her stories always make me smile. She can write hot, but I think my favorite part is it's always meaningful and rich in love. It's a love that gradually grows
Stacie
Nov 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: tpam-br
4+ "I was Happy to wait for you."

Great second chance romance. Benito was the sweetest, most protective man. Loved him and Skye. I'm Happy we got Benny's story. Very good addition to the series. Happy reading!
Wil Loves Books!
Mar 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, audiobook
I liked this one a lot. It took me a while to finish it since I've been busy with my move, ugh :( It's definitely not my favorite Sarina but it was solid as always. And the audiobook is fantastic. You can't ever go wrong with Zachary Webber <3
Princess under cover
See my notes why I didn't really like this book.

The only thing making me give this 3 stars is that the writing is still good, the sex scenes still hot. But...

The Hero sucks. I give him a 2. This is my fictional romantic getaway, folks, I don't want to read about one particular VERY REAL issue with real men. And that is this:

Real life men treat sex no different than a physical exertion and release. Like working out at the gym. Like masturbating except with hopefully a nice, attractive body (face
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)
I am a big fan of the True North series. I can’t get enough of the cozy Vermont town and the hard working, fun characters that live there. Fireworks is a second chance romance that has all the makings of a great addition to the series.

Skye is my favorite part of the story. I related to her vulnerability and how she underestimates her worth. She is so loving and giving that I found myself wanting to fight all her battles. Benito is a hot cop and her ultimate dragon slayer. He is also Skye’s first
Hollis
This has been a mostly consistent three-star read series for me (exceptions being the absolute stellar heartbreaker that was STEADFAST and also the completely unexpected delight that was SPEAKEASY) and there's nothing wrong with that. I love Bowen's writing and I will always love her writing. But sometimes her couples just don't.. spark (lolz that I use that for this title, oh well).

I liked Benito. I liked Skye. I liked the approach Bowen took for their present day romance and a few of the hurd
Tpagirl
Fireworks was the sixth book in the True North books by Sarina Bowen, set in beautiful Vermont.

Bonito is one of the Rossi siblings that we met in books four and five (Bountiful/Zara, Speakeasy/Alec). He was a detective working on a big drug bust in his hometown and surrounding areas.

Skye Copeland was a reporter in New York. Unfortunately she was on leave for a few weeks after she unknowingly drew a penis while detailing the traffic patterns on live tv. She went to visit her ex-step-sister in Ver
maggieandteddy
Finally ! Here's my review- I read this last week.
This started out with Skye (Skylar) embarrassing herself on air as a TV weather person.
She's given/made to take some vacation time off. She goes back to her hometown, Colebury, Vermont.
Skye's step sister gets her to do her a favor while she's in town.
Skye has no idea what trouble her step sister is in, but she soon finds out.
Skye and Benito had been friends/neighbors in their trailer park. Benito Rossi was a supporting character in previous
Ari
Oct 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
*I received a copy of this book from the author/publisher in exchange for an honest review.*

*3.5 Stars!*

Twelve years ago, Skye Copeland left Vermont with a bag of clothes and a broken heart and never looked back. Now years later, Skye is a journalist in NYC and living the dream (so to speak) but when an on-air mishap leads her to become the talk of all media, her boss puts her on paid leave until things die down. With not much to do, Skye's stepsister Rayanne suggests she comes up to Vermont f
AJ
4.5 stars!

I love this book! Sarina Bowen has taken us back to Vermont for the sixth book in her True North series and has given us a story of young love and second chances, and a beautifully emotional romance that completely swept me up. Benito Rossi has joined the ranks of the most amazing book boyfriends ever, and I loved his and Skye’s story.

Skye spent her childhood moving around with her broke and mostly-neglectful mother. At 16, they moved to Vermont to live in a trailer with her mother’s e
Heather❀Book and a Blanket❀
Another amazing edition to the True North series! These books are my ultimate comfort reads with small town feels, swoon worthy men and strong, relatable heroines. Sparks fly with Benito and Skye in this friends to lovers turned sort of enemies to lovers, second chance romance.

This story goes between the present and the past and is told in dual POV. I found teenage Benito so charming and sweet. These two end up being trailer park neighbors and they forge a special friendship as Skye tries to dod
JewelsyGoolsy
Nov 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.85 stars.
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
What I like so much about this series, plain and simple, is the Shipleys. The further removed from the Shipleys it gets, I've noticed my interest usually wanes. The problem is, we're running out of Shipleys.

Bowen's writing style is engaging and infinitely readable, as always. I mostly like Benito; he has his alphahole moments but he clearly worships the ground Skylar walks on and is upfront about it. Devotion and forthrightness are always good character traits in my book. I like Skylar. Benito a
Jacob Proffitt
Jan 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is sixth in a series and characters from those stories are present. I don't think they're a huge presence, though, with the exception of Zara from the fourth book (Bountiful). Since her main role is as a villain in the past, it's interesting to have experienced her story before this one. I don't think it's necessary, though, so reading these out of order probably isn't going to harm much.

This was really good, though the structure didn't entirely work for me. Benito has been a minor presence
Mary H
Mar 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
March 14, 2018:
I *think* this is Benito's book.
A
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I did not expect to enjoy this story as much as I did :) what a wonderful book :) full review in a few days when I will have a moment to gather all my thoughts ;)

edited to add my full review :)

I voluntarily reviewed an early copy of this book :) this contemporary romance is the sixth installment in the absolutely fantastic True north series, but worry not if you are not caught up on the previous ones or you don't remember every little detail, because this one, just like the others, works perfect
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC received for an honest review.

Like Meg Ryan in When Harry Met Sally... yes, yes ,YES we are back in Vermont and the Shipley family.

My heart filled with fireworks when I heard that we were getting Benito's story. I have been wanting to learn more about him since Zara's story.

And Ms Bowen has not disappointed. In face, this story was so much more.

Second chances are one of my favourite romance tropes, and Skye and Benito are finally getting their second chance, a decade down the track.

Though it
*The Angry Reader*
Oct 31, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs, 2018
This felt uninspired - like Bowen was phoning it in. High school crushes against whom everyone is conspiring. 12 years later she's doe-eyed and damaged. He's a cop...with all the cliche that entails.
(Let me take a moment here to say again that I do not like law enforcement books. 15 years as a criminal defense attorney means that I know the rules of an investigation inside and out. And when that's boggled I'm dragged out of the story kicking and screaming "objection.")

Neither Skye nor Benito we
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Turning Pages At ...: Fireworks (True North #6) by Sarina Bowen 42 18 Nov 17, 2018 05:27PM

• The One You Can't Forget (The Ones Who Got Away, #2)
  • The Enforcer's Revenge (Untamed Hearts, #4)
  • Killer Daddy (Bad Boy Inc., #5)
  • Whatever Remains
  • Unforgiven (Walkers Ford, #1)
  • Can't Always Get What You Want
  • It Takes Two (Bridesmaids Behaving Badly #2)
  • Fiercely Emma  (Cake #3)
  • Fix Her Up
  • Constant (The Confidence Game, #1)
  • Big Stick (Aces Hockey, #7)
  • The Blacksmith (Iron Seas #5)
  • Dirty Charmer (The Bodyguards, #1)
  • Untitled (Game On, #5)
  • The Last Post
  • Filthy Player
  • Before the Dawn
  • Making Up (London Celebrities, #3)
Sarina Bowen is the USA Today bestselling author of 30 books, including: the True North series, co-author of Him/Us and the WAGs series with Elle Kennedy, The Ivy Years series and the Brooklyn Bruisers. And more!
Are you looking for a friends-to-lovers story or maybe even a secret baby book? You can read a list of Sarina's books broken out by trope and style.
Need to know what's coming next ? Get

True North (6 books)
  • Bittersweet (True North, #1)
  • Steadfast (True North, #2)
  • Keepsake (True North, #3)
  • Bountiful (True North, #4; Brooklyn Bruisers, #4.5)
  • Speakeasy (True North, #5)
“When Skye had come into my life, I’d wanted her from the first second. But we can’t always get what we want. I realized right away that Skye hadn’t needed a horny teenage boy trying to get under her skirt. She’d needed a friend and a protector
It had been easy to be her friend, and harder to keep her safe. Ultimately I’d failed at both, and that’s how I lost her. I can’t fail again.
But—Jesus Christ—the love of my life has the worst possible timing.”
3 likes
“I missed out on twelve years with my girl, and I don’t want to miss another second.” 3 likes