Start by marking “Rebel (The Extinction Trials, #3)” as Want to Read:
Rebel (The Extinction Trials, #3)

Rebel

(The Extinction Trials #3)

Betrayal. Sacrifice. Survival. Welcome to The Extinction Trials

Storm and Lincoln's city is burning. The people are starving. The only place left to run is Piloria, the continent of monsters. It's up to Storm and Lincoln to keep their people alive as they colonize this lethal paradise. But will the biggest threat to their survival be the monsters in the jungle...or the ones
Published February 7th 2019 by Usborne Publishing Ltd

To ask other readers questions about Rebel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rebel

Start your review of Rebel (The Extinction Trials, #3)
Jade Ratley
Apr 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think this was the strongest of the trilogy, which makes sense as it’s the last one. There’s no denying that the writing is not technically the best, and it feels like it was written for a younger audience than it’s actually intend for - but there is no denying that this series is fun. I’ve grown attached to these characters and I would LOVE to see more from how their lives progress. It’s been a ride, and I’ve thoroughly enjoyed it.
Cora Tea Party Princess
Look, I need this. I need to know what happens next for Storm.
Ashley
Star Rating: —> 4 Stars

Solid finish to the trilogy! RTC

________________
I better freakin’ see Milo... like NOW!
Sabrina
Jul 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2019
Not sure about the rating yet, but it's something around 2.75 to 3 stars 🤷‍♀️

This whole trilogy could have been so much better you guys.
I kept complaining about the writing style in book 1 and 2 and unfortunately book 3 has not changed my opinion on it.
Reading felt almost boring because the writing was boring (even though it probably wasn't the intention to be boring lol) but the short sentences, the overuse of dashes (yes, I'm super fussy about punctuation but hey) and repetition of describin
Steph
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
YES THOUGH. I can’t say too much without being spoilery. But my gosh this was brilliant. It was tense and action packed and interesting and just brilliant. I’d missed these characters and this world so much!
Nikki
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh extinction trials, I have missed you!

It took me a couple of chapters to remember what happened at the end of Exile, and to deal with there being so many characters about more of the time, but once I had that nailed this book was absolutely everything I wanted. Pure dinosaur perfection!

For a start, it’s finally more about piloria than earthasia, and it’s also more about living with the dinosaurs. There’s still conflict, which is really well done - I love a good bit of political drama!

Storm in
Kirsti
Aug 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This series was extremely addictive; I simply couldn't wait to read the final installment (?) until payday. It might not be the last one though, since it seems some things are left unfinished, but I would be happy with this ending. I got to see more of the dinosaurs, which is all I've wanted from this series. I could STILL have done with more though, and more explanation!

Still though, I really enjoyed what I've read so far. I liked the characters and their developing relationships. It isn't exac
Zoe
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
***Spoilers for Book 1 and 2***

1.5 Stars

Storm is on Piloria with her father.
Lincoln is back on Earthasia, where poverty and starvation have increased ten-fold
When a group of 300 or so disembark Earthasia to Piloria in hope of setting up a new life for humans, Lincoln can't help pointing out every mistake the new leaders mistake,,, but also secretly hopes he'll find Storm again.

There were no character arcs or drive.
They were all pointlessly the same at the start of the series as they were at the
Louise
This trilogy has been such an adventure, I’m really sad to see it end.

I’m always so surprised the length of these books. Somehow while I’m reading I feel like they must only be 200-250 pages, but they’re not. I just get so caught up in the action and the fast pace that I fly straight through them.

extinction trials 3.pngRebel picks up the pacing that slowed down a little at the beginning of Exile and throws us right back into the action very quickly.

I really loved the angle Wilson took this time,
Holly
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, yarg-challenge
Brilliant final book to this trilogy. I wasn't expecting the ending but I'm so happy the way everything turned out.
Ellesha
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I raced through this book. This book is a perfect ending to an incredible, innovative and compelling series. I was so looking forward to reading this as I absolutely fell in love with the first one, and although I was slightly disappointed with the second, I was not giving up on this series, and I am SO glad I didn't!

Obviously, the characters are still awesome, and although they're constantly changing, adapting and growing, they still stay true to themselves and I love every single one of them.
Melissa **Just Really Loves Musicals**
*2.5 stars*

This was... ok? Slightly disappointing, I had hoped I would love this. But overall it was a good conclusion to the series, and mostly wrapped up everything necessary. I found myself skimming parts and a little bit bored at times, hence the rating, but other sections were exciting and a lot of fun to read. I'm glad I have completed this series finally, and I did enjoy how unique and different this series is compared to so many YA books out there, so I would recommend giving it a go.
Amy
Oct 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Overall I enjoyed this series.

It’s not one of my favourite series of all time but it was different and I enjoyed the dinosaurs. I need more books with dinos in!!
I enjoyed the characters and the “sort of” development with them(how they changed over the 3 books) but I think more could of happened.

I would of preferred more dino action.
I would of preferred more adventures over Pilora.
But we can’t have everything🙈😂

I would recommend this series if you are looking for something different☺️
Claudia
I absolutely loved it! This last book finished up strong and kept me glued to the pages all day long. Since this is me (who struggles to physically read) it says a lot about The Extinction Trials.
Tilly
Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars

A fantastic end to the trilogy, I really enjoyed this story and it is so unique. I now want to read more books with dinosaurs!
The writing was really good and the contribution of building the knowledge of the dinosaurs and the atmosphere on Piloria was great. I felt as if I was there at times, seeing what the characters saw.
I felt the ending lacked a little and there wasn't enough about how they would cope but it was still a fantastic series with a strong female lead. I also loved that L
Jackie
Probably one of the strongest in the series but still suffers the same setbacks that kept these from being really great.

“Rebel” finds Lincoln dealing with the fallout of over population as his hunt for the cure left his home with deadly consequences and when the opportunity presents itself to go back to the land of the dinosaurs he doesn’t hesitate but the reunion is not what he expected.

I really love the overall idea of this series and I think this book spoke to what it was going for in terms
Josie Jaffrey
Oct 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Overall, I really enjoyed this book and found it page-turning. It was good to get some serious dinosaur immersion after the disappointment of book 2.
But the continuity and repetition errors still annoyed me (e.g. how they apparently didn’t realise that curing the plague would put a strain on food supply, when they talked about it CONSTANTLY in book 2), and I didn’t love the ending. It felt unfinished, like there should be another book in the series. What happened back in the city? How did Storm
Nina Postma
Aug 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Sometimes you read a book just because you want to know the end of the story and not because the writing is that intriguing. I loved the idea of people trying to survive on a land filled with dinosaurs, but literary wise it was not very complex nor were the characters very deep or developed. Totally would recommend this to my brother or other people around the age of 15, and yes I will totally read these kinds of books again in the future, but not because the writing in itself fulfills me, but b ...more
Jasmine
Apr 04, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
A lot more original than the last two books, but if I’m honest it wasn’t the conclusion I was looking for. It felt a little more like a filler than a finale. I have a lot of unanswered questions that I don’t think will ever be answered. There was a lot of suggestion/implication in the final 50 or so pages but no real substance. Sadly, fell flat. Also, yet another one of my favourite characters died in this one. Still, most of them are alive. Either way, I did still appreciate most of this book.
Aisha
Jul 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I actually quite enjoyed this series. I found the tropical setting magical and the idea of dinosaurs inhabiting the same space both terrifying and thrilling. I ended up feeling for the characters and rooting for them and enjoying their complex relationship development. As mentioned in my earlier review, I do feel that it lacks description in the writing style which I feel would really enhance the readers experience... but whatever it lacked in writing, I managed to fill with imagination.
Emma
Jul 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’ve thoroughly enjoyed this trilogy and this book was a good ending to 3 good books. I highly recommend them. Each book has a different storyline that keeps you hooked, and some loveable characters you can root for.
Jessikah Hope
Apr 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, dystopian
Why is it over? I'm so sad! But I also LOVED how the ending was handled. This was an epic conclusion.
Thalia
Jun 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I had to wait three whole books for that ending and now I can enjoy life with the fact that it finally happened 😂
Angelique Rudkovsky
It was okay, wasn’t my favourite though. I got bored during it. 😅
Judith Moore
Mar 03, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya
Check out my full readalong at Chain Interaction

Well, I had fun. I do think this book is quite plot/conflict light. Or, I should say, there is plot and conflict it just comes from a quite different place to in the previous two books. At least that was my interpretation of it. I did appreciate that this whole series didn’t get caught up in romance. It was a nice side plot that was inevitable but didn’t overshadow that more significant portions of the story. I will say, I would have liked more int
Amanda Frontera
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This whole series has been perfect! Best trilogies I’ve ever read! Great conclusion! Wish there were more!
Kate Ormand
Earthasia is in chaos – resources are low and the people are fighting back. But on the dinosaur continent of Piloria, the land is thriving. A large group try to carve out their new beginning, but how long until the dinosaurs notice they are there? Survival is threatened both inside and outside the walls in this exciting final book.

I’ve been really impressed by this series as a whole and loved every book! They’re perfect for fans of The Hunger Games and Jurassic Park, but stand on their own as s
Daisy Jarrett-Wilshire
Siobhan Mackie
Oct 20, 2019 rated it liked it
When Stormchaser chose to stay on Piloria with her exiled father, Lincoln, Leif and Jesa returned to Earthasia without her. Lincoln brought with him a cure for the 'blistering plague' that was killing his sister, not thinking of the affect it could have on the population. With less people dying, there are more mouths to feed, and people are now starving instead. When they get fed up with their meagre rations, a fight kicks off which rapidly spirals out of control. The black-cloaked Stipulators n ...more
Amy
Jun 07, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I feel like this book was really strong in parts but really lacking in others. I do feel it was a good conclusion to the trilogy, but there were a lot of threads weaved throughout the story that just didn't get wrapped up quite as well as I hoped they would have been.

There's such interesting dynamics throughout this book with the introduction of all the other characters. I cannot tell you how many times I was praying someone would come and smash Silas over the head. That man was infuriating!!!
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Darkness Follows (The Broken Trilogy, #2)
  • Black Moon (The Broken Trilogy, #3)
  • Broken Sky (The Broken Trilogy, #1)
  • Venom (Isles of Storm and Sorrow #2)
  • The Pieces of Ourselves
  • A Throne of Swans (A Throne of Swans, #1)
  • Beauty Sleep
  • Viper (Isles of Storm and Sorrow #1)
  • Song of Sorrow (Sorrow, #2)
  • The Territory (The Territory, #1)
  • Hold Back the Tide
  • We Are Blood and Thunder (We Are Blood and Thunder #1)
  • The Eve Illusion (Eve of Man, #2)
  • Aix Marks the Spot
  • The Kingdom
  • Blood Moon
  • The Girl Who Speaks Bear
  • Escape (The Territory, #2)

The Extinction Trials (3 books)
  • The Extinction Trials (The Extinction Trials, #1)
  • Exile (The Extinction Trials #2)