Start by marking “Unwritten Law (Steele Brothers #1)” as Want to Read:
Unwritten Law (Steele Brothers #1)

Unwritten Law

(Steele Brothers #1)

Being an identical twin doesn’t come without issues.

No one can tell us apart, not even our parents sometimes. We don’t usually use that to our advantage, but it comes in handy when my brother needs help breaking up with his boyfriends—which happens more than I’d care to admit. I know it’s enabling him, but I can’t say no to Anders. I will do anything for my twin. The brea
Published September 2nd 2018

To ask other readers questions about Unwritten Law, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unwritten Law

☆ Todd
Aug 23, 2018 rated it really liked it

Well, now I'm really glad I Facebook stalked Eden for an ARC of "Unwritten Law", because it turned out to be a very fun and entertaining read.

I'd expected this to be one of those "my brother slept with the same guy I'm sleeping with now" stories, but that wasn't at all the case here. Eden took a slightly different approach, which I enjoyed more than my initial "sloppy seconds" assumption.

Law's identical twin brother, Anders, the twin who Law was pretending to be, never even met the other MC, Ree
Shile
3.5 stars for the story

4.5 stars for the narration

Joel Leslie and Anthony Ferguson nailed this.

Well, well, well!!!! Me Liked it!

It's official, i will read every MM book Eden writes. I have found my new go-to, happy place - gasping-dramedy author. And i really love her characters.

description

-So imma try explaining this book, the way i would tell it to someone face to face.

-Ok here goes not a review.

-We got twin 1 Anders older by 10 minutes

-Twin 2 Law (Our Main MC 1)

-Reed our MC 2

- So twin 1 and twin 2 are
♆Hayley
Update: I’m changing this to 2.5 S T A R S

This was... not very good... I’m sad about it...

I was super intrigued by the concept of twins swapping places, especially in each other’s love lives. Doesn’t everyone want an identical twin they can swap places with to get out of things they don’t want to do? The answer is yes.

While this concept was really fun everything just felt really messy. Reed’s sexual relationship with Anders (who is actually Law pretending to be Anders) didn’t seem very fleshed (
Jennifer☠Pher☠
In a sea of 5★ reviews there is me. Ugh.

So, I have typed and deleted this review at least twenty times already. Everything I type up sounds like I hated the book. I didn’t. But guys, I’m seriously at a loss.

This wasn’t at all what I expected it to be.

Bummer.

So, let’s try to get this out. Let me reiterate. I didn’t hate this. It was well written and I stayed up way past my bedtime, even for a Saturday night, to finish it but yeah, well, it just didn’t work out for me. The setup seemed like it wa
Sabrina
Aug 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
LIVE EARLY!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

I only recently found Eden Finley's books but I've quickly become a big fan of hers. Her M/M books are very well written and so far they haven't failed to deliver the perfect blend of hotness and sweetness. Unwritten Law wasn't any different and I loved the mix of heat with the emotional side to the story.

Law loves his twin brother more than anything else in the world, which was a fact that became very clear early on in this book. And even though there wasn't a to
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱*Cute, but that's it*⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

The book centers around Lawson ‘Law’ Steele (28), a teacher of dojo; a program with the local schools, promoting anti-bullying, teaching self-defence, and giving these kids a much-needed boost in their confidence and self-esteem, and Reed Garvey (24), a school teacher (English lit) fresh out of uni. It was a cute, fast forward story that had a timeline of one month. I find it a little too quick to fall in love, but hey, it worked for them. The story had some d
Karen
Sep 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Well damn...just damn this one snuck up on me. It started out ok but by the end of it all I was lovin' it...full review to follow soonish!

4.5 stars rounded down because still no 1/2 stars here on GoodReads

This one's got a hot guy and equally hot twins but...

It's also got a definite twist to it, but before we talk about the actual story I just want to be clear there may be twins in this story but what there isn't is twincest.

Anders and Law are twins so of course they're close but are they maybe
.Lili.
Aug 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, sept-18, arc
So, overall this was an enjoyable book and had a lot going for it.

-Friends to lovers. Things start off with a hook-up but from there a friendship develops.
-Bisexual representation
-OFY
-Character development
-Great main characters and supporting cast
-Low angst
-Dual POV

BUT I couldn't get past Law having to break up with his twin's hook-ups- it just felt manufactured, and I didn't think it needed it. I would've rated it higher if it didn't. I just had a tough time believing it.

Even though not a slam
Elsa Bravante
Sep 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Quizás es lo justo decir que sé que probablemente estoy siendo generosa con las estrellas. Eden Finley no es una escritora que sobresalga, no escribe especialmente bien y sus historias no te van a sorprender. Sin embargo, a mí consigue entretenerme mucho, sus personajes siempre me despiertan ternura y me deja con muy buenas sensaciones.
En esta ocasión encontramos una historia de amor con confusiones entre gemelos, alguna tragedia, momentos sexys, un libro ligero de amor con algún toque de angst
Ula'ndi Hart
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: twins-brothers, lgbtq
Overall book rating: 4
Audio Book: N/A
Book Cover: 3.5

I really had fun with this one. What a predicament to get yourself into! LOL

Not a whole bunch more to say other than that really. I’m not in a great review mood at the moment so it’s NOT because the book didn’t merit a better review. It’s simply me being LAZY.

I liked how it all came together and also the fact that there is no "making due with my brother's seconds" theme. I think that was done really well.

I will definitely read the next one. ;-
haletostilinski
4.5 stars!

This was really good. I was really excited to read this story, and it didn't disappoint. This was fun, entertaining and Lawson and Reed had great chemistry.

I like how the author made it believable for this type of situation to arise, it making sense why Anders asks Lawson to break up with Anders' boyfriends for him all the time.

Reed and Law were fun together and where they end up is adorable and awesome, and I'm already excited to get Anders' story.

What happened to Anders in that pa
Christelle
**3.5 stars**

An enjoyable, fun and sexy read : I had a good time reading it.

Lawson and Anders are identical twins and really, really close...so much that Lawson, very protective of his brother, regularly agrees to go out on dates on Anders’s behalf. OK, usually, it’s to break off with the twinks Anders is fond of, but for once, it’s for a blind date with Reese, a new teacher in town only looking for having a good time.
And blind is all goes : yes, Lawson is blind-sided by Reese and his attracti
⚣Michaelle⚣
4 Stars

Hey, this was pretty good!

I have to admit I like my twins a little more...let's say "interactive" - but even without the 'cest this one was interesting and (to me) quite original. Sure, I've read books where twins take each others places on occasion, but never one where one twin took on the persona of both brothers in order to live a double life. I'd elaborate more but that would spoil stuff that unfolds exactly as you think it would and then throws in some surprises, too.

I loved the narr
Truuss
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, m-m
Unexpected turns of events make this story so lovable, I just read it in one sit.
Anders and Lawson/Law are identical twins even their parents can’t keep them apart.

Law is always there for his brother, even to break up his always short relationship with way to young guys. So.... this evening he will cancel a blind date for his brother...

Reed is new in town and recovering from a bad relationship. He is lonely and now his neighbor has set him up with a blind date.

When they see each other there is
Ariana
Oct 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
*3,5 stars*

The blurb for this one caught my eye because it sounded like fun.
And that's what it was - pleasant fun!

Leaving the rather unrealistic (but fun! XD) plot aside, I liked Law. He is cute and reliable and has been keeping his sexuality a secret for his brother's sake. And not only that, he would do pretty much anything for his twin brother, Anders. Because Anders has gone through a terrible trauma (and it is terrible) which neither have totally worked through.

Lawson's dedication to Anders
Cadiva
Jan 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another gem from Eden Finley

My 2019 reading continues with another interesting premise - in this instance a twin who ends up falling for his brother's blind date.

I love Eden's chilled Aussie style, her books are generally low on angst and full of snark and humour but still manage to touch on some serious topics.

This book covers the fall out from both domestic violence and also family issues which arise from a lack of acceptance over someone's sexuality.

It's also keenly focused on the importance
Anyta Sunday
Totally addictive. Enjoyed heaps.
Steph ☀️
Nov 04, 2018 rated it liked it
***3.5 stars***

Enjoyed this author’s take on twins and somewhat mistaken identity. I will definitely read Ander’s story when it comes out.
Caipi
I had a great time reading this book, even though I was soooo angry with Law.......
Looking forward to Anders' story.

Quin Perin
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I read this book in one sitting. I never read a book in one sitting. Ask Quin. I am like the slowest reader ever. But Unwritten Law sucked me in and there went my entire day....

Lawson and Anderson. One straight, one gay. Sounds easy enough. The gay one gets to do all the fun stuff, right? Uh, hold on.

It is not the same old, same old romance you come across way too often. Boy meets boy, and they cannot be together. Yes, this is similar but oh so different. I could feel Law hurt and see Reed's con
Aeren
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was ok
2.5, la verdad es que mejor que otras cosas que he leido de esta misma autora pero no me acaba de convencer, viendo el resto de reviews, diré que es más mi culpa que la del libro. :(
Annie

I’ve read and really enjoyed another series by this author and the blurb for Unwritten Law sounded especially intriguing, so I was excited to dive right into this new series and set of characters. In some ways, I enjoyed the read, but in others I was a little disappointed. Reading Unwritten Law was a little like waiting for a train wreck. The set up was as such that you knew disaster was inevitable, you cringe when you hear the brakes screeching, and yet you can’t look away from what pr
Bati
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Śmiałam się. Płakałam. Wkurzałam. Bałam i cieszyłam. Jestem usatysfakcjonowana ;) 💙
Mel Sparks
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was ok
There's something about this author's work that always seem to underwhelm me. This is the second book I've read from Eden Finley and I was just as unimpressed with it as I was with the previous book. Law (Anders impersonator) and Reed's relationship began with a lie; a lie that played a pivotal role in how the story develops, which for me, was a bit disconcerting. There were various opportunities in which Law could have come clean and cleared his conscience and give us readers an opportunity to ...more
ConM
Sep 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, ku, mm-romance
Fun, low angst.

A good spin on twin trope romances.
Vanna
3 stars!! 😐So I almost quit it a few times and the only reason I didn't give this 2 stars is because it somewhat redeemed itself in the last few chapters. 😟
To start with, I went into this book expecting the spark and humor from Fake Out & Trick Play; but to my disappointment despite the premise being as absurd as Eden F's other books, it didn't feel like a comedy of errors.. but more like a dramedy with 3 characters. Law and Reed (the MCs) and Anders (Law's twin). The story was of identical
Ravenclaw Silverstripe
*sigh*

Pros: The writing. I love Eden Finley's writing, the way she builds up these characters, and how she creates these worlds.

Pros: I could not help sympathize for Lawson (Law) at times (for his guilt in thinking what happened to his brother was his fault) . Given how uncomfortable I felt for what he did to Reed, that's says a lot of about how fleshed out these characters are.

Pros: I liked Brody. I sense that Anders may have some ties to Brody and I would not mind that. However, I would hop
Fabi
Nov 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!

There aren't a lot of pages but there's a fully plotted and well told realistic story.

Like many other people, I am fascinated by identical twins. Eden's boys stole my heart with their caring and loyalty to each other.

There's just enough angst to keep you invested. These level headed men get caught up in a 'situation' but there's no OTT drama and I felt like all of their actions and reactions were believable. I was invested in their resolution.
Nicole
Sep 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Oh boy that was one hell of confusion! Not for me but for them hahaha!

The twins are so identical that not even their mom could tell them apart. And the twins between them feel like they should do different things so that they feel apart. Law is straight, or that’s what his brother thinks, and Anders is gay.

When Anders wants to break up with someone, he sends Law and Law does it. But this time, he meets Reed. Instead of breaking up with him, he keeps pretending to be Anders and does what he alwa
Annika
Feb 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Audiobook review

Story: 4,5 hearts
Narration: 2 & 4 hearts

Lawson and Anders are identical twins. Anders suffers from PTSD from a horrific event some five years past and is to this day horrible at dealing with confrontations. Horrible as in they are severely panic inducing leaving him a quivering mess. Enter Lawson who more often than not steps in to handle Ander’s messes; breaking up with people. Anders gets to have all the fun while Law gets water poured over his head. Not that he minds help
M/M +women = Trouble 27 27 Feb 14, 2019 05:48AM
Turning Pages At ...: Unwritten Law (Steele Brothers #1) (M/M Buddy Read) by Eden Finley 25 16 Nov 29, 2018 10:10AM
  • The Boyfriend Game (#boyfriendsbybLoved, #1)
  • Tight Quarters (Out of Uniform, #6)
  • Poke Check (Harrisburg Railers, #4)
  • Best Love
  • Punch-Drunk Love
  • Pisces Hooks Taurus (Signs of Love, #4)
  • Boy Next Door (Hot Off the Ice, #5)
  • Rough Trade (Woodbury Boys #3)
  • Barrel Proof (Agents Irish and Whiskey, #3)
  • Home and Away
  • Vampire with Benefits (Supernatural Selection, #2)
  • Eight Nights in December
  • Archangel's Assassin
  • Just a Bit Gay (Straight Guys #9)
  • Trying It (Metropolis #4)
  • Will & Patrick Fight Their Feelings (Wake Up Married, #4)
  • Enemies like You  (Enemies with Benefits #1)
  • Tigers on the Way (Tigers and Devils, #4)
Eden Finley is an Amazon bestselling author who writes steamy contemporary romances that are full of snark and light-hearted fluff.

She doesn’t take anything too seriously and lives to create an escape from real life for her readers. The ideas always begin with a wackadoodle premise, and she does her best to turn them into romances with heart.

With a short attention span that rivals her five-year-o

Steele Brothers (2 books)
  • Unspoken Vow (Steele Brothers, #2)
“Where’s the guilt? Where’s the angel that’s supposed to sit on my shoulder and warn me against doing morally wrong things? He’s probably bent over and getting rimmed by the devil.” 3 likes
“You know how our teacher said the wrong name the 1st day of ninth grade and I didn’t correct her ? I was Dawson for the entire school year.”
Anders snorts. “Man, that was so funny.”
“I didn’t call her out the 1st time, and then it was way too late to correct her.”
1 likes