Start by marking “Maybe Everything” as Want to Read:

Maybe Everything

A dead star—that’s what I am.

Just like a star that ran out of fuel—destined to wane in the dying universe. A star that shrank so greatly it couldn’t even turn to black hole. Like a solar system that lost its core; a hollow space populated with planets no longer bound by celestial gravity. I was left adrift in the boundless ocean of negativity.

And on the edge of the observa
Published September 24th 2018 by Gramedia Pustaka Utama (first published September 30th 2017)

Start your review of Maybe Everything
Annisa Dian
Jun 20, 2020 rated it liked it
Hello readers. I have been read a book. I will give my review after read it. I hope you like my review and also like the book I read.

I read a book entitle 'Maybe Everything' by Alicia Lidwina. The book published in 2018, has 136 pages, starting from the first page to the last page (the author's profile). 'Maybe Everything' is the third book of Alicia Lidwina. This book is quite thin physically and has a cover that might make the reader interested in reading it.
--------------------
A dead star–
omnivoreader
Sep 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites, tom
Loving you is like singing along to an unknown song.
I don't have to know the lyric to enjoy the melody.

- pg. 39

Love is,
perhaps,
the only thing that truly hurts;
the only thing that truly heals;
the only thing that truly endures.

- pg. 115
cindy
Apr 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Mellow. No. Not just mellow, it was sad. My heart's aching every word it had, every meaning it gave. Even the lovely love story like The Last Glow still felt lonely. Not to mention the heart breaking ones, in Of Jealousy I found myself, He Told Me reminds me of lots of things and in Maybe Everything... oohh stoph, I'm crying.

#GD
Stella Octavius
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Aku mencoba untuk tidak menangis. Akan lebih baper kalau yang dibahas lebih fokus ke soal percintaan 😀. But seriously, kalian wajib baca buku ini. Banyak hal2 tak terduga yang buat aku jadi dejavu 😅
Afifah
Feb 02, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5 stars.
It's not bad, but there are only a handful of story that I enjoy and loved from this book.
Raafi
Sep 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Ada kalimat:

"Actually, it was thanks to Sensei that I got to find a very fascinating word." (hlm. 22)

Aku merasa kurang sreg dengan"...it was thanks to..." sampai aku tanya Daniel dan dia bilang "bener sih, imo." Jadi, ya sudah.

Lalu ada kalimat:

"The time we spent together was but a speck of dust over our lifetime's a worth of memories." (hlm. 108)

Aku juga bingung dengan penggunaan "... was but ..." lalu aku juga tanya Daniel. Dia bilang bahwa itu berarti "... was (nothing) but...." Jadi, ya sudah
Alicia
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Maybe Everything is a collection of short stories, prose and poems about the transcendence of life, dreams, heartaches, encounters and goodbyes. It is a highly emotional read with a lot to say between the lines. Those who have been in love and out of it and those who feel deeply will inevitably bond and see reflections of their own emotions and experiences as they read.

Lidwina's writing style is just my cup of tea, what draws me into her writing is that she makes me feel all sorts of emotions. A
Mayang 🍁
Apr 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
You asked me once : “what would you have done differently if we were born in this world with different circumtances?”

Di bagian ini aku baca sambil berkaca-kaca, menahan air mata, nyesek banget. Aku kira gak bakalan ada sesuatu yang aku ingat dari buku ini, ternyata dibagian akhir adalah klimaksnya.
Daniel
Sep 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Alicia Lidwina
Gramedia Pustaka Utama
136 pages
6.2

In Maybe Everything, Alicia still maintains the melancholic tone that's prevalent in her previous works, but loses that magical and impactful choice of words.
Syifa L
Oct 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-english, poem
My favorit bits:
KOMOREBI ; the interplay between light and when the sun shines through trees.
Fauziyyah
Jan 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: bukudibaca2018, gd
Ada tuh tips yang kepingin banget gw aplikasi: kalo baca buku, ya satu aja, kalo udah selesai baru baca yang berikutnya. Tapi itu tuh berat banget.

Sebetulnya gw lagi baca Circe - Madeline Miller. But girls, Circe itu tebel ya dan ceritanya gitu, sampe setengah baca itu gw belum ketemu konflik sebetulnya. Ini nyeritain Circe aja yang lumayan bikin boring sebetulnya. Alhamdulillahnya gw anaknya sabar, ye kan, gw tetep nungguin dan terus baca. Sampai pagi ini gw iseng buka GD (akhirnya ikutan urun
R.A.Y
Oct 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Yunia Damayanti

In 16 pages, this booklet story has shattered my heart.
Saya tidak pernah suka dengan tema kisah cinta yang berujung "melepaskan," it just too much feeling.

But, this booklet was awesome. My heart falls into pieces.
jess
May 26, 2020 rated it liked it
Maybe everything, is a collection of short stories and poetry. Mostly placed in japan, and one and another chapter separate to each other although the theme are the same talked about sadness and the aftermath of broken heart.

My fav story from this collection is the last story, talk about two best friends who have the same feeling, fall in love towards each other but never have the guts to confess, so they ended up regret the past

So interesting but also so sad.
Fakhrisina Amalia
Sep 27, 2018 rated it liked it
"After you left,
I lived happily ever after." pg. 120
May 06, 2020 rated it it was ok
I liked the diction she used in this book but the story is pretty boring.
Anidos
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
Skipping the poems for I didn't feel like they got me, admiring the short stories for that's where the real deal is.

Therefore, simple math: two stars and a half.
White Ketchup
Oct 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
7.5/10
Fatima Baria
Jun 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
She has her way, to say the unspoken
Ria Destriana
Dec 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Painful, bitter and heartbreaking.
But I love this booklet so much.
Can't wait to read Alicia's new novel.
Brenda Sylviasyah
Beautiful piece of short story that leaves you with bitter taste and a tinge of heartbreak in the ending. Definitely must read.
Putri Ananta
Emilya Kusnaidi
Sep 09, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »

• Perjamuan Khong Guan
  • The Things You Can See Only When You Slow Down: Guidance on the Path to Mindfulness from a Spiritual Leader
  • Perkara Bulu Mata
  • Filosofi Teras
  • The Book of Forbidden Feelings
  • Love for Imperfect Things: How to Accept Yourself in a World Striving for Perfection
  • Resign!
  • Mencari Simetri
  • Tokyo & Perayaan Kesedihan
  • Rooftop Buddies
  • Ganjil-Genap
An author, an avid reader, an occasional blogger, and an observant dreamer. While the idea of deconstructing ephemerality through writings fascinates her the most, she has to concur with the idea of writing just for fun. Sometimes you might find her sipping espresso at the nearest cafe, other times she would be haunting vacant seats in food courts while munching on her endless supply of chocolate ...more

News & Interviews