Jump to ratings and reviews

Dream Lover

Although Brady’s job as a top attorney is demanding, Chris has learned to cope with the strains of Brady’s schedule over the years. Even when Brady misses his own birthday surprise, Chris is resigned–it’s not the first time he’s come in second to Brady’s job, after all. However, when Brady comes home with a surprise of his own, a weekend getaway just may introduce something new to their relationship that Chris never even dreamed was in the cards.

M/M Romance - Contemporary Short Story
7,000 words

This story contains explicit sexual content and is intended for adult readers only.

Note: This title was previously available as part of the "Cuddling" anthology published by Dreamspinner Press. Minor edits have been made, but the story remains largely unchanged.

35 pages, Kindle Edition

First published August 11, 2013

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Nico Jaye

21 books181 followers
Nico Jaye is a fan of all things HEA and has dragged her romance collection along for her moves from San Francisco to Los Angeles to Chicago to New York and back. She thinks reading is awesome and loves that she can hang out night after night with crinoline-wearing debutantes, brawny firemen in suspenders, and werewolf shifters with Scottish brogues. An overall feline enthusiast, Nico secretly (or not so secretly?) adores Hello Kitty, cat GIFs, spontaneous traveling, pretending to be crafty, emoticons, hot menfolk, and parenthetical statements (not necessarily in that order). Her favorite stories are those that marry smut and fluff (a.k.a. smuff) into a gooey ball of HEA and fuzzies.

You can find Nico chit chatting about cats, popcorn for dinner, impulse trips to Iceland, and crocheting four scarves in one night at any of the following:

Website: www.nicojaye.com
Twitter: @nicojaye
Facebook Profile: Nico Jaye
Facebook Page: Author Nico Jaye
Pinterest: NicoJaye
Tumblr (NSFW): nicojaye

Sign up for Nico's newsletter here.

Happy reading!

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
Displaying 1 - 7 of 7 reviews
Profile Image for Trio.
2,901 reviews171 followers
January 20, 2019
Nico Jaye’s Dream Lover is one of the most romantic short stories I’ve read. In very few pages Ms. Jaye gets to the heart of this couple and lets us know what’s going on. It was easy to get to know these guys, and I couldn't help but have vested interest in their HEA.

Sweet, sweet Chris. He knew what he was getting into when he started dating Brady. As an ambitious young attorney with a demanding job, Brady works tons of hours and misses dates. Chris accepts his boyfriend’s frequent absences… but that can’t stop him from dreaming.

When Brady surprises Chris with a weekend getaway, it’s easy to see Brady’s devotion is sincere. These two men have great chemistry and Ms. Jaye treats us to a wickedly erotic interlude. (I love this aspect of established couple stories and it works well here.)

The best part about Dream Lover? Seeing Chris’ dreams come true.

a copy of Dream Lover was provided by the author through the MMRG Don’t Buy My Love program for the purpose of my honest review
Profile Image for Nico Jaye.
Author 21 books181 followers
Shelved as 'wrote-it-o__o-gasp'
September 24, 2018
Available at all major ebook retailers, including Amazon, B&N, and Kobo. Contemporary short with an established couple and wine country. (◕ᴗ◕✿) This title was previously available in the Cuddling anthology published by Dreamspinner Press.
Profile Image for Shelba.
1,851 reviews34 followers
March 21, 2020
I was hoping for a little more bitterness, in what I had thought was suppose to be a bittersweet story.

Also, in a story that is as short as this one, ~10 pages for one sex scene feels a bit excessive (though 10 pages seems excessive for one scene, regardless). Though being 39 pages long, the story starts on page 6 and ends on page 32, which means 37% of this story is the sex scene. Which was 'meh'.
Profile Image for Ali.
1,757 reviews12 followers
January 30, 2019
Such a sweet short story. I felt for Chris and his frustration with Brady’s job especially leaving Brady unable to come home on his birthday. Brady is wonderful too, he has noticed this even without Chris saying anything and wants so much more for them, I loved his surprises for Chris and how their future looks.

I received a copy of this book and am giving an honest review.
Profile Image for Mary Mary.
985 reviews47 followers
February 2, 2019
* a copy of this book was provided by the author through the MMRG Don’t Buy My Love program in exchange for an honest review *

Nico Jaye writes sweet love stories with happy endings.
It was a very short read featuring Chris and Brady. They are a couple, live together but due to Brady's job they don't have much time for each other. Spending a lot of time in an empty apartment is getting more and more difficult for Chris and even though he believes that Brady's worth it, he is unhappy and dreams about really being together.

This is a super sweet and cute love story with some sexy moments. There is a happy ending and I really enjoyed reading about Chris' dreams coming true :)
5,698 reviews34 followers
September 27, 2018
oh man this was cute sweet and sexy. i loved it so much
Displaying 1 - 7 of 7 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.