Start by marking “Secrets & Lies (Lies #4)” as Want to Read:
Secrets & Lies (Lies #4)

Secrets & Lies

(Lies #4)

On the afternoon of May 11, 1996, ValuJet 592 plunged into the Florida Everglades. There were no survivors. But something came through the crash unscathed: a small box with huge implications for humankind. And the one man unlucky enough to discover its whereabouts disappeared without a trace.

Now, 20 years later, the mystery of Flight 592 hits close to home for Del Honeyc
Published September 10th 2018 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Secrets & Lies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secrets & Lies

Start your review of Secrets & Lies (Lies #4)
"Avonna
Jan 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Check out all of my reviews at: https://www.avonnalovesgenres.com

SECRETS & LIES (“Lies” Mystery Thriller Series Book #4) by Andrew Cunningham is another entertaining mystery/thriller addition to the series. This is the fourth book in the series and the first of the books I have listened to in audiobook format. The mystery plot is a standalone, but I believe you will enjoy these books more by reading them in order.

This book starts with a BANG, literally. Seymour shoots intruders that are sneaking
Cindy
Mar 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Feisty plot, lotsa twists, interesting and strange characters. Pretty clean and a pleasant way to spend a day. 🙂Recommended.
L.S.
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I listened to this story with a sense of glee at being reunited with Del and Sabrina again. It was like meeting up with old friends ... but by the end I was happy to be the listener, and very glad not be to shot at!

Secrets and Lies is Seymour's story. Until now, he's been the grump in the downstairs apartment with a close bond only with Mo, a fact which bemuses and baffles Del as he's never even see the two of them together.

Well, now the reason for that bond is revealed, as is Seymour's true i
Felicia
This read hits the ground running and never lets up!

Downstairs neighbor, Seymour, has always been the crotchety older guy who kept to himself while running his online eBay business. After he kills one of two intruders sent to murder him, Seymour shares a story with Del, Sabrina, and Mo that takes him back twenty years to a different life when murder was also committed, but not by him.  Del Honeycutt and Sabrina Spencer commit to helping him find out who wants him dead and why.

Secrets & Lies has
Shalini
Jan 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
One of the fastest action thriller books that I’ve heard/read on recent times.

A box with life-changing secrets was lost when a plane went down in 1996. Now 20 years later, that secret emerged again. And this time Del and girlfriend Sabrina were right in the center of it. A gunshot in the middle of the night generally would do that, you know!!😂 Del and Sabrina then went on to help their friends.
My first book by author Andrew Cunningham, I loved the fast pace.

The story had its twists and turns wi
Dennis Crotts
Oct 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audible
Was a bit dissatisfied with this audible it was good but to me it was rushed and really badly thought out. As I have said before the audibles keeps you on the edge of your seat this one did not and to be honest it ended to fast. Now the book after this one goes back to a 50's style story telling. The only good thing about this book it let's you know what happens to Del and why in the next book he has issues walking.
Sorry to be a downer on this book all the others are excellent
Sheila J. Martin
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Read and devoured all four LIES series books

You will need to set aside lots of time to read these four books. And, you won't regret a minute of that time.

This was my first time reading anything from Andrew Cunningham, but because of this series I went on to read everything he wrote that I could find in the Kindle store.

He is the consummate storyteller and everything he writes is different. Each of his series explores a totally different time period and plot. I guarantee you will also FALL for A
Aaron Lazar
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Secrets and Lies is a delightful addition to the “Lies” mystery thriller series. Full of thrilling exploits, good guys you’ll love and bad guys you’ll despise, the story keeps you riveted from the first page to the last.

This reader loves Andrew Cunningham’s two main characters, Del Honeycutt and Sabrina Spencer, who display immeasurable loyalty to friends and each other, as well as providing some nice romantic moments and multiple examples of the author’s dry wit. But I have to say I’ve always b
Judith Barillas
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Secrets & Lies - A complex mystery

A Florida airboat pilot, alligators, lots of bad guys and an unlikely group of friends. These are great ingredients for a mystery. Add to that a comic aged plot with lots of twists and turns. Without giving any spoiler alerts, lets just say, the digital pages were turning rapidly! This is my first Andrew Cunningham book and I’ll be buying another one in a minute.
JUDITH DICKINSON
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Enter the Everglades. So calm and peaceful. Even the alligators are a must see for the tourists. Then everything changes. The Everglades we know and love are changed, a plane crashes, its secret cargo changing lives. The characters are so believable that I was drawn into their stories. All human emotions and character traits are here. From the evil, greedy and murderous, to the gentle, terrified yet hopeful. Twenty years after the crash Del and Sabrina are caught up in the mystery of this flight ...more
Ava M Bartley
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sad I finished the series.

This is the fourth and final book of the series. I gave them all five stars. They all had very different and unique storylines. They were all very exciting with many twists and turns. Even though it was a series, all of the books can be read as standalones. I couldn't read fast enough because they were so exciting, but then I was sad that the books ended. This author is very talented. I will continue to follow him for additional books. I am a huge fan.
Julia Walker
Jun 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Although this is the 4th in a series it works great as a stand alone novel. It is a quick very enjoyable read. Cunningham does a terrific job of making the story witty and fun, rather like a summer romp with a serious underside. The four main characters fly back and forth across the country searching answers. There are several surprising twists but it all adds to the story. Oh, did I mention there is an alligator attack too? And something about the Fountain of Youth as well?
Steve
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
A good read. It took a while for me at the first couple of chapters to set all the players. I had to re-read a bit to figure out who and what time period. Once I got that, I was good. SPOILER ALERT: did not know that the daughter was so competent in taking care of herself. That came out of nowhere.
Pat
Aug 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thrilling Crime Fiction Novel

This book has a lot of twists and turns that will keep you on the edge if your seat all the way to the end. Sabrina and Del seem to attract trouble and love each other madly. Jack/Seymour will earn your respect and make you laugh a lot. The characters are all either lovable or hated.
Dewey Carroll Brackett
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beware the alligators!

This book grabbed me from the start and didn't let go. The characters seemed real and the setting was magnificent. The plot has plenty of bad guys trying to retrieve a mysterious box from a plane crash in the Everglades. It has murder, mystery , dry humor with a little romance thrown in.
Tertia R Armstrong
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
By wrapped up too quickly

Maybe I just wanted to have more story (another book?) but it seemed all those story lines were tied up too neatly to be real. Not to be a spoi!er, but reconciliation does not happen overnight. That said, there was lots of action and twists and turns to satisfy the reader.
Becky Baldridge
Jan 30, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Secrets & Lies is the newest audio addition in Andrew Cunningham’s Lies series, and this one starts out with a bang. Literally, a bang, and Del and Sabrina are pulled into another rollercoaster ride of a mystery, this one hitting a little closer to home.
I can always count on Del and Sabrina for an entertaining story, and this one is no different. Much like its predecessors, this fourth book in the series is fast paced and full of danger. And if you’re familiar with this couple, then you already
Martha Cheves
Sep 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
They crept up the stairs. There were three apartments in the three-story building. They wanted the one on the second floor. It was an old building and the stairs creaked a bit. He tried to step on the outside part of the step. They were less likely to creak. But it was the middle of the night and they had seen from the street that the lights were off in all three apartments. Hopefully they were all sound sleepers.

The explosion literally knocked us out of bed. But seconds after the explosion, we
Mary Lou Hoffman
SECRETS & LIES is the fourth book in the Lies series. Though each mystery will stand on its own, the series is a continuing relationship between Sabrina and Del. I strongly recommend reading the series in the order of release.

It’s a shame that the author didn’t include notes about this being based on fact. ValuJet Flight 592 did crash into the Everglades on May 11, 1996, due to improperly stored cargo starting a fire. All 100 people onboard were lost.

I adored this fast-paced, suspense-filled, ed
Jeanie Womack
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sabrina and Del

This is my second book by this author and all I can say is I hope he doesn't plan on giving up writing anytime soon! Sabrina and Del are partners in everything, including her highly acclaimed mysteries. Her initial books were fiction, but since she met Del, they've been living the mysteries that Del now writes the events in chronological order then Sabrina turns them into top selling stories.
They own a house on the upper East side of New York City. Sabrina paid for it with funds
Dennis
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Andrew Cunningham has done it again! Secrets & Lies is a tightly woven tale, featuring Del and Sabrina plus letting the other house members to shine, Seymour and Mo. We're taken back 20 years to the Everglades where our intrigue evolves, pop to present, whoa, wait, a bit more history needed twelve years ago, and let's solve this mystery. Entertaining for sure, especially when Del and Sabrina get drawn into this mystery. Oh, while blending the years, we do get teased with a nefarious billionaire, ...more
Mrs Claire L Troote
Jan 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Great Read

It was great to get to explore the deeper relationship between Seymour and Mo in this book. We always knew there was more to them then met the eye but who would have seen this one coming.

Well told story, although the plotline of the search for the fountain of youth seems a little far fetched, it is tastefully done without being condescending to the reader.

Really enjoyed the book and looking forward to reading about Del and Sabrina's next adventure.
Ellen White
Jun 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
A box that has held secrets for twenty years. Now it involves Del and Sabrina the twists and turns, with danger and adventure.
Seymour a grumpy man who also lives in the complex gives us a bit of humor. A good series, and the audio had good narration
Given audio for my voluntary review and my honest opinion
Mary
Sep 06, 2020 rated it liked it
This is a light, fast-paced adventure story. It was fairly well-written, but, in my opinion, the characters lacked depth. There were changes in narration from neutral observer to Del to Seymour/Jack; these transitions could have been smoother and more clearly defined. This was fine for a fast light read that needs minimal reader focus, but it is not a life changer.
Amy Baker
Feb 19, 2021 rated it liked it
Good, stand-alone book

While this book is in a series, it can be a standalone read. I’ve not read any of the others and didn’t get lost at all. It’s a nice, light thriller that combines mystery and murder, but in a “Matlock” or “Columbo” style where it’s easy and not too heavy. Good read.
Linda
Oct 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Secrets and Lies

I enjoyed reading this book. The characters were interesting and believable. The plot was involved and intense. I am looking forward to reading the next book in the series.
Rita
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book. It was full of action and intrigue. I loved the characters of this book. They are very persistent to achieve their goals. I love how they react to each other and their devotion to each other. The author has lots of murders and surprises in this book!
Ruth A Calvin
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fast moving and based in the neck of my woods. (or should say Everglades) Very enjoyable read and the characters so well joined in the effort to find the most valued item from the tragic plane crash in the Everglades that took all the lives of those on board. (reminds me of the REAL crash several years ago) Highly recommended.
Barbara Motosko
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great read for summer !

Definitely on my list of great books ! The characters and story line are excellent ! It is the first of his books that I have read.but I am looking to read more from him .
needra little
Jun 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyable reading

The quick pace of the book keeps your attention and makes for an enjoyable read. The characters are very interesting and have a life of their own. The story plot was unique and had you guessing about what was to come.

• "Lies" Mystery Thriller Series, Books 1-3
  • Borderline (Lassiter/Martinez Case Files, #1)
  • Illegal
  • Julius Katz and Archie
  • Murder in Cherry Hills (Cozy Cat Caper Mystery, #1)
  • Walk in Darkness
  • Johnny Revenge (Revenge #1)
  • The Secret of the King's Tomb (Richard Halliburton Adventure #1)
  • The Sasha McCandless Series: Volume 1 (Sasha McCandless #1-3)
  • The Perfect Block (Jessie Hunt #2)
  • The Back Door Man
  • The Glass Tower
  • A Reed Ferguson Omnibus (Reed Ferguson Mystery #1-3)
  • Atlanta Deathwatch (Hardman #1)
  • Run from Me (Detective Sara Hunt, #1)
  • The Opposite of Dark (Casey Holland Mystery #1)
  • The Mind's Eye
  • Sins of the Father: A Logan Falcone Thriller
See top shelves…
Andrew Cunningham is an Amazon bestselling author of eleven novels, including the award-winning thriller Wisdom Spring; the "Lies" Mystery Series (All Lies, Fatal Lies, Vegas Lies, Secrets & Lies, and Blood Lies); the Cape Cod terrorist/disaster thriller Deadly Shore; the time travel novel Yestertime, and the post-apocalyptic Eden Rising Series (Eden Rising, Eden Lost, and Eden's Legacy). As A.R. ...more

Lies (5 books)