Start by marking “Secrets & Lies (Lies #4)” as Want to Read:
Secrets & Lies (Lies #4)

Secrets & Lies

(Lies #4)

On the afternoon of May 11, 1996, ValuJet 592 plunged into the Florida Everglades. There were no survivors. But something came through the crash unscathed: a small box with huge implications for humankind. And the one man unlucky enough to discover its whereabouts disappeared without a trace.

Now, 20 years later, the mystery of Flight 592 hits close to home for Del
Published September 10th 2018 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Secrets & Lies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secrets & Lies

Start your review of Secrets & Lies (Lies #4)
Cindy
Mar 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Feisty plot, lotsa twists, interesting and strange characters. Pretty clean and a pleasant way to spend a day. Recommended. ...more
L.S.
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I listened to this story with a sense of glee at being reunited with Del and Sabrina again. It was like meeting up with old friends ... but by the end I was happy to be the listener, and very glad not be to shot at!

Secrets and Lies is Seymour's story. Until now, he's been the grump in the downstairs apartment with a close bond only with Mo, a fact which bemuses and baffles Del as he's never even see the two of them together.

Well, now the reason for that bond is revealed, as is Seymour's true
Aaron Lazar
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Secrets and Lies is a delightful addition to the “Lies” mystery thriller series. Full of thrilling exploits, good guys you’ll love and bad guys you’ll despise, the story keeps you riveted from the first page to the last.

This reader loves Andrew Cunningham’s two main characters, Del Honeycutt and Sabrina Spencer, who display immeasurable loyalty to friends and each other, as well as providing some nice romantic moments and multiple examples of the author’s dry wit. But I have to say I’ve always
"Avonna
Jan 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Check out all of my reviews at: https://www.avonnalovesgenres.com

SECRETS & LIES (“Lies” Mystery Thriller Series Book #4) by Andrew Cunningham is another entertaining mystery/thriller addition to the series. This is the fourth and final book in the series and the first of the books I have listened to in audiobook format. The mystery plot is a standalone, but I believe you will enjoy these books more by reading them in order.

This book starts with a BANG, literally. Seymour shoots intruders
Felicia
This read hits the ground running and never lets up!

Downstairs neighbor, Seymour, has always been the crotchety older guy who kept to himself while running his online eBay business. After he kills one of two intruders sent to murder him, Seymour shares a story with Del, Sabrina, and Mo that takes him back twenty years to a different life when murder was also committed, but not by him. Del Honeycutt and Sabrina Spencer commit to helping him find out who wants him dead and why.

Secrets & Lies
JUDITH DICKINSON
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Enter the Everglades. So calm and peaceful. Even the alligators are a must see for the tourists. Then everything changes. The Everglades we know and love are changed, a plane crashes, its secret cargo changing lives. The characters are so believable that I was drawn into their stories. All human emotions and character traits are here. From the evil, greedy and murderous, to the gentle, terrified yet hopeful. Twenty years after the crash Del and Sabrina are caught up in the mystery of this ...more
Shalini
Jan 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
One of the fastest action thriller books that I’ve heard/read on recent times.

A box with life-changing secrets was lost when a plane went down in 1996. Now 20 years later, that secret emerged again. And this time Del and girlfriend Sabrina were right in the center of it. A gunshot in the middle of the night generally would do that, you know!! Del and Sabrina then went on to help their friends.
My first book by author Andrew Cunningham, I loved the fast pace.

The story had its twists and turns
Sheila J. Martin
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Read and devoured all four LIES series books

You will need to set aside lots of time to read these four books. And, you won't regret a minute of that time.

This was my first time reading anything from Andrew Cunningham, but because of this series I went on to read everything he wrote that I could find in the Kindle store.

He is the consummate storyteller and everything he writes is different. Each of his series explores a totally different time period and plot. I guarantee you will also FALL for
Ava M Bartley
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sad I finished the series.

This is the fourth and final book of the series. I gave them all five stars. They all had very different and unique storylines. They were all very exciting with many twists and turns. Even though it was a series, all of the books can be read as standalones. I couldn't read fast enough because they were so exciting, but then I was sad that the books ended. This author is very talented. I will continue to follow him for additional books. I am a huge fan.
Julia Walker
Jun 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Although this is the 4th in a series it works great as a stand alone novel. It is a quick very enjoyable read. Cunningham does a terrific job of making the story witty and fun, rather like a summer romp with a serious underside. The four main characters fly back and forth across the country searching answers. There are several surprising twists but it all adds to the story. Oh, did I mention there is an alligator attack too? And something about the Fountain of Youth as well?
Judith Barillas
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Secrets & Lies - A complex mystery

A Florida airboat pilot, alligators, lots of bad guys and an unlikely group of friends. These are great ingredients for a mystery. Add to that a comic aged plot with lots of twists and turns. Without giving any spoiler alerts, lets just say, the digital pages were turning rapidly! This is my first Andrew Cunningham book and I’ll be buying another one in a minute.
Tertia R Armstrong
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
By wrapped up too quickly

Maybe I just wanted to have more story (another book?) but it seemed all those story lines were tied up too neatly to be real. Not to be a spoi!er, but reconciliation does not happen overnight. That said, there was lots of action and twists and turns to satisfy the reader.
Dewey Carroll Brackett
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beware the alligators!

This book grabbed me from the start and didn't let go. The characters seemed real and the setting was magnificent. The plot has plenty of bad guys trying to retrieve a mysterious box from a plane crash in the Everglades. It has murder, mystery , dry humor with a little romance thrown in.
Pat
Aug 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thrilling Crime Fiction Novel

This book has a lot of twists and turns that will keep you on the edge if your seat all the way to the end. Sabrina and Del seem to attract trouble and love each other madly. Jack/Seymour will earn your respect and make you laugh a lot. The characters are all either lovable or hated.
Steve
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
A good read. It took a while for me at the first couple of chapters to set all the players. I had to re-read a bit to figure out who and what time period. Once I got that, I was good. SPOILER ALERT: did not know that the daughter was so competent in taking care of herself. That came out of nowhere.
Sandra Woodbridge
Jun 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Interesting story

The story was interesting along with the characters. The ending was a little anticlimactic. The idea that there is magic water out there was a little far out but I enjoyed the story anyway.
needra little
Jun 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyable reading

The quick pace of the book keeps your attention and makes for an enjoyable read. The characters are very interesting and have a life of their own. The story plot was unique and had you guessing about what was to come.
Michael W. Ridgely
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A quirky collection of interesting characters.

This book hit all of my hot buttons. Great location, Interesting and believable characters, a nicely paced story line with just enough humour and emotion tossed in. Oh, and before I forget, a really good plot.
Go read it, soon!
Rita
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book. It was full of action and intrigue. I loved the characters of this book. They are very persistent to achieve their goals. I love how they react to each other and their devotion to each other. The author has lots of murders and surprises in this book!
Barbara Motosko
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great read for summer !

Definitely on my list of great books ! The characters and story line are excellent ! It is the first of his books that I have read.but I am looking to read more from him .
Linda
Oct 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Secrets and Lies

I enjoyed reading this book. The characters were interesting and believable. The plot was involved and intense. I am looking forward to reading the next book in the series.
Ruth A Calvin
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fast moving and based in the neck of my woods. (or should say Everglades) Very enjoyable read and the characters so well joined in the effort to find the most valued item from the tragic plane crash in the Everglades that took all the lives of those on board. (reminds me of the REAL crash several years ago) Highly recommended.
Scott Chapman
Jan 22, 2020 rated it liked it
If you've just begun reading the "Lies" series, go back to the first book!

Another fun read. A couple of surprising reveals that I can't say were really a surprise. The characters are real enough, the action/suspense almost believable. I still love Del-the-Doofus the best.
Janet
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Easy read

It was an easy book to get into and to read. A bit predictable in parts but enjoyed. Not an author I'm used to reading but will try others.
Jill Morrissey
Sep 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I would give 4.25 stars if I could. It was fast paced and fun. I read this one in a day.
Sherri
Jul 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoy this series!
Dan A. Foster
Jun 18, 2019 rated it did not like it
No Secret

Another author who can’t get past using gutter language to tell a story. That’s too bad, as it might have been a good one.
Melissa
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was ok
Mildly entertaining

My first and last to read in the series. I didn't find any of the characters to be engaging or interesting enough to read more.
Paul Thompson
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyable

This was an enjoyable story of a quest for something that might or might not exist. Along the way revelations are made that take the reader by surprise.
Caitlin
Jan 19, 2020 rated it liked it
While I enjoyed this book, I didn't like it as much as the others. I especially did not like how the ending was resolved.

• Compromised: Thriller Suspense Series (Stephanie Chalice Thrillers Book 6)
  • Pieces of Death (Bragg #3)
  • Stray Cat Blues: A Mystery Crime Thriller (Max Plank Mystery Series Book 1)
  • Blue Blood (John Jordan Mystery #20)
  • Palm Beach Bedlam (Charlie Crawford Palm Beach Mysteries Book 8)
  • Cemetery Road (Sean O'Brien, #7)
  • Shark Wave (Troy Bodean Adventure #6)
  • Borderline (Lassiter/Martinez Case Files, #1)
  • Evil in My Town (Serenity's Plain Secrets #6)
  • Dead of Winter (Jeremy Winter Thriller, #2)
  • Dangerous Places (Leah Nash Mysteries #3)
  • Rose City Free Fall (Dent Miller Thriller #1)
  • Dead Wrong (Cal Murphy #7)
  • When the Water Runs Out
  • Tin Men
  • Coyote (A Jessica James Mystery, #2)
  • Shame ON You (Redemption Thriller #16; Ozzie Novak Thriller #4)
  • Rope on Fire (John Crane #1)
Andrew Cunningham is the author ten novels, including the award-winning Amazon bestselling thriller Wisdom Spring; the "Lies" Mystery Series (All Lies, Fatal Lies, Vegas Lies, Secrets & Lies, and Blood Lies); the Cape Cod terrorist/disaster thriller Deadly Shore; and the post-apocalyptic Eden Rising Series (Eden Rising, Eden Lost, and Eden's Legacy). As A.R. Cunningham, he has written a series ...more

Lies (4 books)