Start by marking “Bloodwitch (The Witchlands, #3)” as Want to Read:
Bloodwitch (The Witchlands, #3)

Bloodwitch

(The Witchlands #3)

Bloodwitch is the third book in the stunning Witchlands series by Susan Dennard, perfect for fans of Robin Hobb and Trudi Canavan.

Loyalties will be tested as never before.

The Raider King's plans to claim the Witchlands are under way. Now, his forces sow terror in the mountains, slaughtering innocents. After finding the slain, Aeduan and Iseult race for safety. And despite
Hardcover, UK, 464 pages
Published February 21st 2019 by Tor (first published February 12th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Bloodwitch, please sign up.
Habibah Moflehi I love Safi and Merik so much I COULD DIE I LOVE THEM SO MUCH AND I ALSO LOVE ISUELT AND AUDIN I LOVE THEM THE MOST!!!!!!!!! I LOVE THEM!!!!!!!.
i…more
i also like that Isult and Audin kind of adopted a child but not really.this child could talk and control animals. like shit i love that. i also love love the world and the world building.
I ship Audin and Isuilt and i also ship Merik and Safi because the make out scene they had in book one was fucking gold i loved it. I love everything that happen in this book and the characters are so relatible.
i was not a huge fan of Vivia in this book or the last one. but i hope that will change in this book because i want to like her because she is a Tide Witch and i love me some water witches and i am trash for anything that has witches.
This book is called BLOODWITCH which means Audin and that means i am here and ready to die for him. i love him he is my fave and that means i will read it. I DONT CARE WHAT MY ANYBODY SAYS I WILL READ THIS BOOK WHEN IT COMES OUT. I WILL!! i cant wait to see how Iseult and Aeduan relationship progress because they are attracted to each other its so ovi.(less)

Samantha
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites-2019
4.5? 4.75? I haven’t decided yet but.. my emotions.

Edit: who am I kidding it’s 5 stars
Circe
EDIT 2.0 - 09/21/18

WE HAVE A COVER, AGAIN, REPEATING, WE HAVE A COVER

CAN WE JUST THANK SUSAN FOR THIS? I MEAN ADEUAN LOOKS GORGEOUS
description

I CAN'T WAIT TO READ ADEUAN AND ISEULT, I SHIP THEM SO MUCH!!

SERIOUSLY, FEBRUARY 12TH JUST COME ALREADY

AND AEDUAN WITH ISUELT

I REALLY NEED THIS BOOK, I CAN'T WAIT TO 2019

Dear Susan:

Nastassja
She stole his breath now, and he had no breath to spare.

Bloodwitch stole my breath, stabbed me in the heart, and left me bleeding and waiting for the next instalment. And I don't really mind, because it's the best kind of pain.

First of all, I must say that Susan Dennard upped her game in Bloodwitch. With every book in the series, she becomes a more superior master of words and aims straight for the readers' hearts. She feels blood and she strikes. Just like her Bloodwitch.

It's not a secret t
Simona Stoica
UPDATE: WE HAVE A COVER. I REPEAT. WE HAVE A COVER.

UPDATE: 2019? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

I NEED THIS BOOK NOW. BLOODWITCH. AEDUAN. AEDUAN AND ISEULT. I NEED ANSWERS.
Beatrice in Bookland
"Te varuje.
I trust you as if my soul were yours.”

0.5. Sightwitch ★★★☆☆
1. Truthwitch ★★★★★
2. Windwitch ★★★★★

Just read the quote. I get teary eyed everytime I think about that scene so that should be enough to convince you to read Bloodwitch :))))
Katerina
Oct 20, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
2019? 2019????

2019???????

THAT's how long I'll have to wait for Merik and Safi to reunite??

Sabrina The Trash Queen
A book about Aeduan:

This book is going to be badass, I can tell by the cover.
Just 4 months away. We’re getting there!
Cindy ✩☽ Savage Queen ♔
10/31/18
Alright, finally finished the second book and all I can say is I hope, like the synopsis, this book is mostly about Aeduan and Iseult because I love them.
---
9/30/18
Wait, the release date was pushed back again!? Ugh
January 8th —> February 12th
9/21/18
Okay, so everyone on here probably knows by now I generally don’t like cover models, but you know what? I like this cover. I don’t know what it is but this just somehow works for me. I still need to finish the second book, but I already
Jade Ratley
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this series SO MUCH. This book was everything I needed and my heart is so full.
I loved all of the characters, as usual, all of the plots and how they weave together. The writing is entrancing. The world is so captivating. The political intrigue has me hooked and on the edge of my seat at every turn. I love it. So much.
Taylor
UPDATE SEPTEMBER 2018:

HOLY. FUCKING. SHIT

This cover is gLORIOUS AHHH LOOK AT MY BABY AEDUAN!!!!

Have I mentioned how much I love Aeduan? Clearly I have a problem.

...

Listen, I have some issues with this series, but AEDUAN?! I LOVE MY ASSASSIN SON WITH ALL MY HEART.

the fact that this book is called Bloodwitch makes me wanna cry happy tears. Seriously guys, I'm complete and utter trash for Aeduan and Iseult.

i just need a cover and an official release date before I completely lose it. beCAUSE A
Jeann (Happy Indulgence)
Trigger warning: animal death (page 283), violence (child & mother)

It's been so long since I've read Truthwitch and Windwitch that it dampened my enjoyment of this book, because I couldn't remember anything that I had happened. I'm glad I read Sightwitch though because seeing Ryber in this book was awesome, even though her involvement was limited.

Loved hearing more from Aeduan's perspective and finding out about his past, he's definitely a complex character. I also loved seeing what had hap
Henni Ro
Edit: Jan 10th 2017:
Susan Dennnard's Twitter status announcing the title of Book 3

TITLE: BLOODWITCH
Book: Aeduan's
me: dead

[I am already loving this book, Aeduan is my favourite character, but I don't want to wait another year for this ... aaaghhh]
Shanna Hughes
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
SPOILER-FREE!

Bloodwitch isn’t a good book. It’s phenomenal. It’s fast-paced yet balanced, full of action while never forgetting emotion, and just an amazing adventure all around.

For a while now, I’ve been looking for a fantasy book that would sweep me off my feet. A story I could get lost in. A book I didn’t want to put down.

I found all of this in Bloodwitch.

I find that many series lose their spark as they progress. This one does the exact opposite. In Truthwitch, we got to know Safi and Iseul
Alexandra Elend Wolf
After all the re-reads I can finally embark in this one, the end goal, the prize.

I'm curious about how the story will continue, and, what is a better way to find out than by reading?

So here I go!
_____________

Holy Heck! Yes! I'm so hyped for this one. Best of all? The book comes out on my birthday! Can't wait it's gonna be awesome.
Travis
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow was this ever a "bloody" great sequel. Bloodwitch was well worth the wait and then some. Susan has created such a magnificent and complex world and it felt so great to be back with my children.

Bloodwitch picks up 2 weeks after the events of Windwitch. The story remains the same and there is really nothing more I can say without spoiling the rest of the books. The politics of the book are still as strong as ever and I believe even more so in this installment. The great thing so far about the
Clephiro (The Book Coven)
Bloodwitch is the stunning new installment in Susan Dennard's NEW YORK TIMES bestselling Witchlands series. While admittedly, the first two and a half books in the series have been solid reads, Susan Dennard pulled out all the stops in her newest book.

Picking up where Windwitch left off, Bloodwitch follows the ensemble cast introduced in the series with a focus on Aeduan. Characters in this book get significant and well-deserved character development, especially one of my new favourites, Vivia.
Sol ~ TheBookishKing
DNF @ 33.3%

So yeah I and fantasy just aren't clicking right now - we can't be friends so this is going On Hold for a long while until my fantasy slump is over.
Bright Star
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: best-of-2019
"Te varuje," she told him. "Te varuje."

CAN I HAVE THE SEQUEL NOW?!
Scrill
Aug 30, 2017 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
September 21, 2018
OH MY GOSH. I JUST SAW THE SNEAK PEEK OF THE COVER AND I AM COMPLETELY FLOORED, AHHHHHH ITS SOOO BEAUTIFUL!!!! I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS!

Well there you have it. It's only 8/30/2107 and I have to create my 2019 to read shelf because the release date on this got pushed back. WHHHHYYY.

Alyssa
Keep 'em coming, Dennard.

Wanderlust_WL
4.5 Stars! I just love Aeduan and Iseult so much ahhh. RTC
Danielle (Life of a Literary Nerd)
2.5 Stars

If I’m being honest, I feel like this series all kinda blends together and not a lot has happened. Yes the characters are in different places physically, but I feel like they’re still all the same (except for Merrik) and I don’t really feel like I know them. Or maybe I’m just not connecting with the characters, so I’m not invested even if there was a plot. I don’t know.

I was excited to read Bloodwitch, because I did enjoy Windwitch more than Truthwitch and I desperately want to fall in
Lou
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bloodwitch, the third book in the Witchlands series, is the best of the series so far and one of Dennard's most stunning novels to date. It has a little something for every fantasy fan, and it's crystal clear exactly how talented the author is. Her glorious worldbuilding can rival anyone's, her characters flawed, real and unforgettable had my heart from the very beginning, and the plot is captivating and adventurous. There are so many twists and turns in the plot that I almost thought I was read ...more
Raquel Flockhart
“Te varuje. I trust you as if my soul were yours.”

I was really excited about this book. Aeduan is one of my favourite characters in the series and if I had liked Windwitch, a book especially focused on my least favourite character, I was sure that I would love Bloodwitch. And I enjoyed this third book but not as much as I was expecting to.

First of all, you should read Sightwitch before reading Bloodwitch because if not, you’ll be missing a lot of information regarding the doorways and the Twel

Hayley
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was everything I wanted and more.

The last 30 pages were BURSTING with the amount of twists that I’m still in shock and denial at what has happened.

Dennard knows how to write angst and female friendships PERFECTLY.

How in the MOTHER-LOVING HELL am I supposed to wait until 2020 FOR THE NEXT BOOK?!?!?!?!

RTC when or if my brain cell can process this book into words.
Marija (Inside My Library Mind)
More reviews up on my blog Inside My Library Mind

She had claimed his Aether, and she would guide his blade

I Love Aeduan So Much
We finally got a book that focuses on Aeduan and I don’t think you understand how important he is. I love that we got to learn more of his past and to see how that made him who he is and how he harbors so much hatred for himself because of his witchery and the way people have treated him because of it. He is by far one of my favorite characters ever, and he was
Reading Teen
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So good!! I hate waiting!!
Stephanie Ward
'Bloodwitch' is the third installment in an addictive young adult fantasy series that will leave readers breathless. First of all, I want to say that you really need to read the first two books in the series before this one. In some series, you can read books out of order or as stand-alones, but this isn't one of those. There's so much happening and so many characters with different alliances and relationships that you need to read the books in order.

That being said, this is one of those books t
Myth
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My brand over on tumblr is garlic and rewrites, as my followers are aware. Even in books I like, my brain is often tsking and thinking 'it would have made more sense from a storytelling/thematic/character standpoint to...' It's a thing. I've made peace with it.

Happily, that didn't happen with this book. I didn't question anybody's actions or motivations. The plot was fast-paced. Vivia was, of course, delightful. There were loads of ladies doing stuff and helping other ladies. Basically, it was a
Fantasy Buddy Reads: Dennard - Bloodwitch [February 19, 2019] 36 65 Mar 03, 2019 12:00AM
#WitchlandsJanuary: Bloodwitch Theories 1 27 Dec 09, 2018 09:19AM
Bloddwitch 1 24 Mar 12, 2017 08:04AM
  • Vow of Thieves (Dance of Thieves, #2)
  • Fall Like Thieves
  • The Half King (Untitled #1)
  • The Nameless Queen
  • The Cursed Heir (Spirits and Thieves, #3)
  • Untitled (Courting Darkness Duology, #2)
  • Rage (Stormheart, #2)
  • Untitled (The Bone Season, #4)
  • Untitled (The Iron Covenant, #2)
  • Untitled (The Gilded Wolves, #2)
  • Untitled (Threads of Power, #3)
  • Soul of the Sword (Shadow of the Fox #2)
  • Kingsbane (Empirium, #2)
  • The Sky Weaver (Iskari #3)
  • Defy the Fates (Constellation, #3)
  • Untitled (Stolen Crowns, #1)
  • DEV1AT3 (Lifelike, #2)
  • Untitled (Crescent City, #2)
Susan Dennard has come a long way from small-town Georgia. With a masters degree in marine biology, she got to travel the world—six out of seven continents, to be exact (she’ll get to Asia one of these days!)—before she settled down as a full-time novelist and writing instructor.

She is the author of the New York Times bestselling Witchlands as well as the Something Strange & Deadly series. Whe

The Witchlands (5 books)
  • Truthwitch (The Witchlands, #1)
  • Windwitch (The Witchlands, #2)
  • Untitled (The Witchlands, #4)
  • Untitled (The Witchlands, #5)
“I trust you as if my soul were yours.” 9 likes
“She trusted him. She had claimed his Aether, and she would guide his blade.” 5 likes