Start by marking “We Three Heroes (The Medoran Chronicles, #4.5)” as Want to Read:
We Three Heroes (The Medoran Chronicles, #4.5)

We Three Heroes

(The Medoran Chronicles #4.5)

"We all have to do our part if we're to survive the coming storm."

Alexandra Jennings might be the hero of The Medoran Chronicles, but she would be lost without her three closest friends. They are her heroes, and like all heroes, they each have their own story.

Meet the real D.C. in Crowns and Curses and discover how she becomes the princess Alex once despised but now adores
Published August 27th 2018 by Pantera Press

To ask other readers questions about We Three Heroes, please sign up.
Chloe It's out now. IT IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. It actually came out in August, in Australia.

Krystal
Let me delay my gushing over how much I love this series to say, THIS IS SUCH AN IMPORTANT BOOK.

Fantasy stories always have bad things happening to good people. Death, torture, imprisonment ... our heroes all go through some pretty rough times.

What they rarely have is a full appreciation of the aftermath. Our heroes overcome all these things in maybe a page or two of feeling bad then deciding to get on with things. We rarely get the detailed psychological process that would be involved for us
Ryan Buckby
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

*i recommend you read books 1-4 before reading this novella otherwise you will be spoiled!! *

I will now think of D.C, Jordan and Bear as main characters and not sidekicks because they are much more than that and this novella proved that.

Crowns and Curses: The first story inside this n
Jeann (Happy Indulgence)
I'm always on the fence about novellas, especially when you don't know how it ties into the story and whether it is actually mandatory reading. But we've followed D.C., Bear and Jordan throughout Alex's journey for 4 books now, and I'm so glad to hear that we got to hear from their point of view here. Most of it is told concurrently to Draekora/Graevale so that's definitely required reading before picking up this one.

The first story, Crowns and Curses talks about D.C.'s life as a princess growin
Kelly (Diva Booknerd)
Contains spoilers for Akarnae, Raelia, Draekora and Graevale.

Crowns And Curses is narrated by Princess Delucia Cavelle, heir to the Medoran Kingdom. As a young girl, D.C was well acquainted with the expectations of representing the Medoran crown, the increasing loneliness as she was sheltered from public life and educated within the palatial residence. D.C yearns for companionship, believing she has found a friend in Maxton, the young son of the High Court Judge but Maxton is deceptive and deter
Lexi // libraryoflexi
I received a copy from Pantera in exchange for an honest review. (THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU)

For me novellas are always tricky because they’re trying to blend in with the main story without repeating too much and I can often find them boring because they don’t always have enough content for me.

But this was definitely not the case for these beautiful novellas.
This is the perfect companion for fans to read and cuddle during the long days before Vardaesia arrives in our lives.

We Three Heroes was the
Teagan
Aug 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

Confession: I haven’t really liked D.C. and Jordan since Akarnae. I mean, it’s not that I’ve disliked them exactly. It’s just, I don’t get excited about scenes with them in it. At least, not in the same way I do about so many other characters in The Medoran Chronicles.

I loved both characters when I first met them, but they haven’t quite met the mark ever since, and when We Three Heroes was announced I couldn’t help but think t
Darcy (Daydreamingofbookdragons)
(4.5)

Oh man, I hit a book slump at the end of this so my last feelings towards it are forcing myself to finish it rather than the mass amount of feels I felt earlier. Still, I did for the most part absolutely adore this. Hopefully I won't fall into a book slump when I reread this in preparation for Vardaesia.
Jenna
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: anticipated-2018
It's probably time I reviewed this one, seeing as I read it so long ago!

This companion bind-up of the D.C., Jordan and Bear novellas is a beautiful and brilliant addition to The Medoran Chronicles, and one that is so incredibly important for fans of the series to read. Not only does it contain information to bridge the gap between books four and five, it deals with some very real and complex issues.

Crowns and Curses
Meeting D.C. and discovering what makes her who she is makes this a beautifully
Sarah Fairbairn
Aug 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: loveozya
I read Akarnae and Raelia back-to-back and was blown away. I devoured Draekora and Graevale as soon as I could. So you know I was super excited when Pantera and Lynette Noni announced We Three Heroes. Stories told from the POV of Alex’s besties while I’m waiting for Vardaesia to be released, hell yeah!

D.C.’s Story – Crowns and Curses. In this short we get to experience what made D.C. the sassy ice queen supreme we first meet in Akarnae. We then follow her healing journey and see her become the l
Skyla
This will contain spoilers... just warning you all.

When I started reading this I didn't want to expect to much, but it was honestly incredible.

In Crowns & Curses, I got a closer connection to DC. I never really liked her as much as the others due to her hostility. But honestly, I can now see why she treated Alex the way she did. I hate Maxton so much. This novella was amazing.

Scars & Silence, was indescribable. Everything we never knew about him was revealed. He never told Alex much in t
Alona
Nov 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Do I need to mention here again that I loved it? Because I sure did.

Usually, I'm not a novella person at all, but I really enjoyed these ones. Getting to know Bear, Jordan and D.C. more is something that I didn't want to miss. I'm really amazed of how these three stories made me openly laugh at one moment and almost cry at another (almost because I did everything that I could to contain my tears as I wasn't alone).

Now I just have to survive till February, so i can get my hands on Vardaesia.
Kiki
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Once again Lynette does not disappoint with the three novellas that make up this book. A look and glimpse into the best friends of Alex, and I am now hanging out for the final book next year to wrap up the Medoran Chronicles.
If I could give more than 5 stars I would. Lynette Noni is a true Aussie wonder when it comes to YA novels ☺😍👍
Alayne
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a backstory of the three friends of the hero of the Medoran Chronicles. DC, Jordan and Bear all have quite a lot of trauma in their lives and Lynette Noni is an extremely good writer. I found myself being deeply moved by her writing and am looking forward to reading the rest of the Chronicles.
Rachel (rachels.geeky.stuff)
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm really glad this book came about. My favourite novella has to be Bear's just because all the things I felt were missing at the ending of Graevale had found their way into the end of his novella, and it was everything I wanted it to be.
Kerran Olson
Sep 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
3.5* Although I'm still hanging out for the final book, this was a pretty good read. DC's story gave a bit of background to explain her behaviour in the first book, and Jordan's went into his dark past and struggles after Alex released him from Aven's control. Although I enjoyed both novellas, they were both a bit repetitive- especially Jordan's, I lost count of how many times he talked about his scars. Bear's story I really enjoyed though. Even though it gave less unknown details than the other ...more
Alissa
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A truly amazing set of novellas. As usual, Lyn has gone above and beyond with this book, and it provides incredible insights into the lives of D.C., Jordan, and Bear. I can't wait for more of Lyn's work.
Molly Leyland
AHHHHHHH! SCREAMING! I CANNOT WAIT FOR VARDAESIA!

I had the honour of meeting Lynette at the book launch the day after I read this. She is so lovely and signed all my books!

This book was an emotional rollercoaster! Jordan's was my favourite, then Bear's, then DC's. The backstories of some characters destroyed me and some characters are such jerks!
Sheree
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, fantasy
Love love LOVE!
In was crying my eyes out by the end. Bear's story really got to me. I'd love to see a romance between him and D!
Oh Lynette you keep me on the edge lol my emotions are all over the place! Absolutely cannot wait for Vardaesia! ❤
Samantha Rooney
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book just made me wanna cry, grab the characters, give them a big hug, and then reassure them that everything will be ok. Big feels and great insight into DC, Jordan and Bear from their own perspectives.
Sam Kas
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
OMG! I have absolutely no words to describe the brilliance of this book. It's Amazing!
Kaiya
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
3 stars for each magnificent story
1 star to the fantastic writing and detail
And a final star to the amazing supporting characters

We 3 heroes is a moving and heart touching novella to the Medoran Chronicles series and is a must read.
Donna
Sep 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was better than I was expecting - I’m normally not a fan of novellas, but these stories were purposeful and necessary to the plot.
Courtney
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was waiting so long for this book to be released, and I finally finished it at the end of last week! It was released on the 29th August, and I got it on the day but it took me a little bit to read through, for personal reasons I wasn't able to read some of the content in the last quarter for a while, but I finally was able to finish after a short break.

It was everything I had ever wanted it to be! It was so interesting learning about three other main characters from The Medoran Chronicles that
Bree T
Sep 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
So while we wait for the final Medoran Chronicles book Vardaesia, coming in January 2019, this book helps both fill the gap in terms of time spent waiting and also in bits and pieces of the story. This isn’t about Alex – in fact she rarely appears and only really peripherally. It’s about her three friends, DC, Jordan and Bear and it’s their chance to tell their stories.

In the first story, we explore DC’s background and why she was the way she was when Alex turned up at Akarnae. It goes deep into
Blue
Oct 16, 2018 rated it liked it
I thought that reading from Bear, Jordan and D.C’s point of view it would not only give me a break from Alex but also make this characters more enjoyable to a point where I may actually like them.. May…
D.C’s story did give an insight to her past which explains her actions in the first book and somewhat through the remainder of the series but my hate for this girls still remains.
Jordan was pretty great, you actually get to see a side of his dark past and the struggles he faced being free from Ave
Jeanette Schaeche
Dec 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, 2018-reads
Loved, loved, loved We Three Heroes.

Going into it, I knew I was expecting to face some heartache (and boy was I not wrong).

D.C.’s story was a bit slow to start, the pacing sometimes had me off. Nevertheless, I enjoyed finding out the reason why she was the way she at the start of Akarnae.

Jordan’s story had my heart breaking. To deal with that guilt, that loss of self, to deal with what happened with Luka - it’s a stab in the gut and the soul.

Bear, my poor, sweet Bear. . I knew what your stor
Leesa
Sep 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Prior to reading We Three Heroes I hadn't developed any kind of interest in Bear, Jordan and DC. I didn't feel inclined to care for them and aside from supporting Alex they almost felt unimportant. The novella covers the life experiences of Alex's closest friends, offering a lot of insight to their personalities and their secrets. I am so glad I picked this up. I feel like I understand them now. I know their motivations and they feel relatable. Now that I've been allowed to get to know them I ac ...more
Emily Roberts
Oct 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.25. This was a fantastic novella collection and a great choice on Lynette’s part. It really gave the audience a deeper insight on the three main characters (aside from Alex of course) and made you appreciate their journey more. Though it only briefly touched on the one thing I was certain it was going to contain, it told what was necessary and I got some other unexpected surprises instead. I would certainly recommend for those who like the Medoran Chronicles, it definitely improves the charact ...more
Milly Bob
Nov 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I cried. I cried so hard, tears, sobbing, snot ... You name it. This book broke me and filled me with joy all the once!
Who knew I could cry so hard about something I knew was going to happen?! I can not wait for the next book!
Lynette Noni studied journalism and academic writing at university before completing a degree in human behavior. She lives on the Sunshine Coast in Australia and can be found baking cupcakes, singing along to animated movies, or daydreaming about being swept away to a fantasy world. Some days, she can even do all three at once — and still find the time to sneak in a nap afterwards.

The Medoran Chronicles (6 books)
  • Akarnae (The Medoran Chronicles, #1)
  • Raelia (The Medoran Chronicles, #2)
  • Draekora (The Medoran Chronicles, #3)
  • Graevale (The Medoran Chronicles, #4)
  • Vardaesia (The Medoran Chronicles, #5)
“The books she read took her to places she would never visit, gave her friends she would never have, offered her a life she would never live. They were her escape from the world - they provided therapy for her mind, for her heart. They were hermits trusted companions.Because unlike people, books didn't care if you were a princess or a pauper. Their content didn't change depending on whose eyes travelled over their pages. Books just were.” 0 likes
“At those times when I thought it'd be safer for everyone if I was ... gone... all I had do was feel the ink thrumming under my skin. Feel the reminder of what had been taken from me. And I knew I couldn't do that to someone else, couldn't put anyone I cared about through that kind of pain.” 0 likes