Start by marking “Ever Told” as Want to Read:
Ever Told

Ever Told

Published August 29th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Ever Told, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ever Told

Start your review of Ever Told
Linda Strong
Jul 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Detective Jill Jennson and her partner Detective Caiden Mathews are charged with investigating the murder of a husband and wife, staying in a vacation home for one week. The only unusual thing about this case ... the bodies are in the bedroom, locked from the inside.

The family staying here consist of 4 brothers, 2 spouses, 3 children and a family friend. The list of suspects is endless. So many secrets ... and lies.

One of the victims was having an affair with another of the family. One brother
Deb
Oct 02, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5. This was a pretty decent mystery. It flowed okay. The skipping back and forth from the present to the past was a bit confusing. I found several typos as well. Thanks to the author and editors for a free copy to review.
Kim
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: booksirens
The overall premise for the story is intriguing and the book jacket is compelling . The story is told by alternating before and after the crime. At times making the flow of the book choppy.

I found several spelling and grammatical errors which unfortunately disrupts the reading.

Dialogue became unrealistic,sometimes overly dramatic when the storyline was attempting to add suspenseful or frightening scenarios.

Having read many many detective, crime, mystery and psychological thrillers in my lifetime
Bookish Igbo  Girl
Aug 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Tracy Wood
Aug 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: za-2019, booksiren
A family holiday isn't supposed to result in violent murder, instant orphans or a locked room mystery but for the Harryngton family it's exactly what they find themselves embroiled in as their annual vacation turns to horror, destruction and despair in equal measure.

This is a difficult book to review because while some of it is very good, other parts just aren't. As a first book there are excellent sections which deserve high praise. The two main detectives, Jill Jennson and her partner, Caiden
Sue Wallace
Oct 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ever told by Benjamin Bremasi.
When New Hampshire detective Jill Jennson is called to the scene of a double homicide that took place during a wealthy family’s annual vacation, she immediately realizes that this case will be unlike any other. The victims were brutally killed in their locked bedroom with seemingly no way for the killer to enter or leave undetected. The list of suspects is endless. And the possible motives are even more disturbing.
As the case evolves, the investigation becomes eve
janine
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I honestly dont think I have read a more gripping, thrilling, absorbing, suspenseful, spine tingling and slightly confusing book all year.

From the prologue I was literally on the edge of my seat, inked by chapter 3 that it was time to sit back and get comfy!

The portrayal of each and every character was magnificent, every emotion felt raw and sucked you right in.

The scene setting was perfect for this genre and was so easy to actually picturebeithin my imagination which is a big hit with me.

I real
Stephanie
Sep 08, 2020 rated it liked it
I received a copy of this novel from Book Sirens for my honest review.

It had a good premise but took alot of turns to get there, alot of back & forth in timelines and POV. There were some spelling errors and incorrect words for the situation but I think with polish and more research with law enforcement the author could begin to build a library of titles.

There were alot of people in the story to contend with and keep track of, also not sure what the point of the odd spelling of names ... the s
Tam
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The book is a gripping psychological thriller which reveals a new twist page after page and layer by layer. So many things seem impossible and just don't add up, and this is what takes the book to an entirely new level of thrill.

If you like dark, twisted suspense as much as I do, you can't go wrong with this book!

*I received a complimentary copy of this book in order to read and provide a voluntary, unbiased and honest review, should I choose to do so.
Precious Sagbodje
Oct 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: meh, book-sirens
I can't say I enjoyed reading this story but I'd recommend it for lovers of locked room murder mysteries.

For me the characters felt too flat and I feel that the author distanced himself too much from the story.... irregardless the writing as as readable so that's a plus.

Amy Ingalls
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery, book-sirens
Linda Kromer
Jul 30, 2019 rated it liked it

I love thrillers and mysteries, so I may be prone to enjoy them. My first piece of advice to readers is to skip the Table of Contents with the exception of the Prologue; it is very confusing and you may not think the book is worth your time.
Thrillers and mysteries that give me hints to the culprit or the solution are enjoyable. I want to try and figure it out, but don't want it to be too easy. I was fairly certain I figured it all out, but I was still questioning myself-which is great. The story
Margaret Yelton
Aug 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Thrillers are one of my favorite genre's, and overall I found this to be a good read. At times it didnt flow as smoothly as it could, but the characters were realistic and believeable. I enjoy a book that can keep me guessing for at least most of the book. I would recommend this book to others. ...more
Garrett Lee
Jul 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
A very interesting and twisted story of murder and its unusual out come

The story when in mulitipal directions, there were several different bad guys but best part was the ending that I never saw until it was explained
Rachel
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was ok
The writing at times was sticky and definitely needed more finesse. The plot was fine but I guessed the "baddie" pretty early on. Characters were well developed and realistic. The premise behind the "locked room murder" for me was solved pretty early on. But,to be honest I would read more by the author because this was a quick read which did not require much thinking. A light "who-done-it" for summer reading.

JIllian Ayers
Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great murder mystery!

This was a great read. I couldn’t put it down, and finished the book in one day. I can’t wait to read more from this author.
Jessica (Read book. Repeat)
You can find this review and all of my others over at www.readbookrepeat.wordpress.com

I received a copy of this book from the author via Book Sirens in exchange for an honest review.

Actual rating 3.5

Detective Jill Jennson is called to a murder, one that doesn't quite make sense. While on a family vacation, a husband and wife were slain in their beds, in a locked room. Tension runs high and the remaining family are suspects, especially when Detective Jennson begins to be stalked and harassed.
Kate
Oct 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed, book-sirens
Ever Told is a debut novel that tried to do a lot of things in fewer than 200 pages. Many aspects of this book fell short of ideal for me, but twist at the end and the promising story-telling made me more of a fan than not.

A locked door mystery set in one of my favorite locations. Locked door mysteries seem to be less popular at the moment, but they are classic for a reason. Limiting the number of characters allows the author and the reader to get to know the characters and their secrets better.
Romita Mukherjee
Nov 17, 2020 rated it liked it
As an eminent family planning on a family vacation for the end of the year, their expected fun get-together turns into a dreadful nightmare when two of the family members are found brutally murdered in their rooms.
With the room being locked from inside and no possibility of any escape for the murderer, detectives Jill and Caiden takes on the one of a kind locked room murder mystery case where everyone seems to have a motive and a secret to uncover.
And the whole investigation turns personal for t
Josep
May 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
This Suspense Thriller starts with a double homicide in a big mansion where a family, the Harryngtons, was staying for a week during their vacations. The victims, a married couple, are murdered as they sleep, and mutilated beyond recognition. They are found in a bedroom locked from the inside, and the police can't find any possible way that anyone could have gotten in or out.

Young detective Jill Jennson and her partner Caiden Mathews are in charge of the investigation. Jill, the main character,
Samantha
Sep 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: booksirens
New Hampshire detectives Jill Jennson and her partner Detective Caiden Mathews are sent to investigate the murder of a husband and wife, whilst they had been staying in a vacation home with their extended family. However the bodies are in the bedroom, locked from the inside.

There seem to be many motives as one by one, secrets come to light as Jill and Caiden investigate this case. One of the victims was having an affair with another of the party. One brother wants to sell the family business but
Honestly  Austen
Nov 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Firstly, I have to mention how much I love the name of this novel. One of my favourite parts of reading is finding the exact moment where we learn why the book is named what it is and I love how I had an idea of what it might be but it wasn’t until the last line of the book where the truth of it was actually revealed.

Secondly, I love a locked room mystery and this book gave the reader such a fantastic mystery to solve. I have to admit I didn’t see it coming and was pleasantly shocked by how it w
Tanya E
Nov 06, 2020 rated it liked it
I’ll start out by saying thank you to the author Benjamin Bremasi and to BookSirens for providing Ever Told to read for an honest review.

I love thrillers and murder mysteries and the description of this book was great! Really great job in drawing the reader in to pick up the book.

The reader is presented with the when, where and how of the murder and leaves the who and why as they mystery to solve. The story unfolds across multiple timelines; before the murder, after the murder and the day of the
AFIFA. S. RAISA
Nov 17, 2020 rated it liked it
‘Ever Told’ revolves around a mysterious double murder that took place rather unexpectedly during a family vacation. The perplexing case made it nearly impossible to leave anyone out of the list of suspects; as the story proceeded, things only began to move further away from a rational solution.

As the blurb claims, the reader indeed isn't quite likely to see the plot twist coming. I think that's what I loved most about the story. The book keeps hitting you with one twist after another, and you w
Mansi Ambalam
Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it

The book starts with a murder, the reason for which would be revealed on the last page. (Literally)

Moving to the main plot. The story starts with a double murder that happened during a family vacation of the Harryngtons. The eldest brother, Jack and his wife, Cinthia are murdered inside their locked room on the last night of their vacation. Detective Jill Jennsen is assigned to this case. Now while investigating
Christi
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A murder mystery that grips you from the get go, Ever Told grabs on tight and doesn't let go. Jumping from the day of the murders to the past and future, and with multiple characters at play, this mystery can get a tad confusing at the beginning, but once you get your bearings it becomes more clear. Just when you think you know who did it, another answer comes to light and makes you second guess, and the truth completely blew me away. I had an inkling about who performed the murders, but figured ...more
Darren Bourn
Oct 11, 2020 rated it really liked it

The overall premise for the story is intriguing and the book jacket was compelling (and they say don't judge a book by its cover....lol). The story is told by alternating before and after the crime.

It had a good premise but took a lot of turns to get there, a lot of back & forth in timelines and POV (which made the flow of the book a bit choppy). There were a few spelling errors and incorrect words for the situ
J.V. Llàcer
Aug 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Benjamin Bremasi has build an amazing and dynamic thriller that will captivate you along this 178-page book.

A wealthy family of four brothers with their wifes and children are sharing their holidays, like every year, but this time it was different. As an Agatha Christie thriller, the big brother and his wife get murdered and none could go inside the scene of the crime. Everyone is suspect.

Jill Jennson and her partner Detective Caiden Mathews will try to find out what happened the night of the mu
Kate Gnade
Sep 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019, book-sirens
I received a complimentary copy of Ever Told via BookSirens, in return for my honest opinion.

Ever Told by Benjamin Bremasi is a mystery centered around murder on a family vacation. The families of four brothers (Jack, Tom, Mark, and Andrew) vacation together yearly. Since their parents untimely death many years ago, the four brothers have raised each other and taken over the family business. One morning, it’s discovered that two family members were killed in their sleep, in a locked bedroom.

Dete
Santosh Iyer
Mar 06, 2020 rated it liked it
This is the debut novel of the author published in 2018. It is a police procedural.

The Harryngton family consisting of four brothers Jack, Tom, Andrew and Mark with the wives of Jack and Tom and their children are spending their annual vacation in a rented mansion in New Hampshire. A family friend is also present.

Jack and his wife Cinthia are found murdered by multiple stabbings in their bedroom which was locked from inside. The window was also locked . The gate of the only other access the chim
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Loop
  • Debris
  • The Ninth Session
  • The Suicide Killer
  • Only Lies Remain
  • The River Girls (Mercy Harbor Thriller, #1)
  • A Predator and A Psychopath
  • Barrack Five: A Holocaust Story (Book 1 of the Barracks Series)
  • The Secret She Kept: She’s dead. Why would she lie?
  • Barrack Four: A Holocaust Story (Book 2 of the Barracks Series)
  • The Stranger's Wife (Detective Dan Riley, #3)
  • If I Had Two Lives
  • Barrack Three: A Holocaust Story (Book 3 of the Barracks Series)
  • Stay
  • A Game Called Payback
  • Cross Her Heart (Bree Taggert, #1)
  • The Nidderdale Murders (Yorkshire Murder Mysteries, #5)
  • The Last Sister (Columbia River, #1)