Start by marking “Love You Gone” as Want to Read:
Love You Gone

Love You Gone

‘Hello? Police? My husband and our children… they’re gone.’

When Mel arrives at the holiday cottage in the Lake District, she expects to find the heating on and her husband Luke and the two children waiting for her. Maybe a bottle of wine open…

Instead, there is just a note on the side, saying they’ve gone out for a walk.

But they aren’t back several hours later, and Me
Published November 15th 2018 by Bookouture

To ask other readers questions about Love You Gone, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Kira FlowerChild
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of Love You Gone
—ReadAlongWithSue—

This is a book I’ll remember for a long time yet. Why? Because it was so exciting! I loved it.
This author surely knows what a reader wants when it comes to psychological thrillers, drama, family, twists that the reader bends around and finds there’s a sting in its tail where the plot really does thicken.

Imagine arriving in The Lake District where you were joining your husband and two children. Only to find the place empty.
That’s it there.....I’m saying nothing more.

At the beginning Mel was telli
Louise Wilson
Nov 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
When Mel arrives at the holiday cottage in the Lake District, she expects to find the heating on and her husband Luke and the two children waiting for her. But all she finds is a note telling her that they've gone for a walk. But they don't come back. The search is on to find her family, but where are they? Are they lost, had an accident or has something more sinister happened to them?

Though some parts of this story might just be a little bit unbelievable, I really liked it. A story where secret
Kim ~ It’s All About the Thrill
I loved this book from the very first page! I have had my eye on this book for quite some time. I initially passed up requesting the ARC because I wanted to try to get control of my TBR pile. Well I quickly realized my mistake as the fantastic raving reviews started rolling in. So I had no choice but to grab myself a copy and hot damn it is everything I thought it would be and more!

Imagine arranging to meet your husband and two children at an agreed upon holiday getaway. You are so bogged down w
Lou
Nov 15, 2018 rated it liked it
You know those books that work best for the reader the less you know about the story? Well, this is one of those. Love You Gone, Rona Halsall's second psychological thriller, was a bit of a disappointment for me, it's certainly a step down from her debut which was released in August. I always appreciate a novel take on things especially in the trope laden and overpopulated crime genre, and that is definitely what the author has attempted to do here. Unfortunately, not all of her ideas work.

Well
Shalini
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book thoroughly!! Absolute mind blowing, different thriller, though some parts may be slightly unbelievable

What do you call a book where the events make your pulse race?

What do you call a book where the plan unfolding makes you hold your breath?

What do you call a book where you jump with joy knowing things are falling into place?

What do you call a book where every scene makes you long for more?

What you call a book when your breath gets hitched and you forget to breathe when the cop
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
This is going to be such a hard review to write as the least you know about this story the better!

The opening chapters of Mel getting to the holiday home to find her husband and children missing had my interest piqued straight away. How could they just disappear? The police as well as Mel seem to be totally baffled. Then comes the secrets and lies. This is where I want to start screaming and shouting with excitement with all the OMG's as they just kept coming at me and I blooming well loved it!

I
Pat
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a book written in three (or was it four) parts. The number is immaterial. Part one was pretty dull and the book was on track to be maybe 2 or 3 stars. But then it got much, much better. Its worth hanging in there. Mel turns up at a holiday house on a Sunday night. The rest of her family, Luke and children Tessa and Callum arrived on the Friday night as Mel had a program to run in Manchester on the Saturday. Mel is a management consultant. So, she arrives on Sunday night, the lights are ...more
Els
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well, let my start by saying that this story is an absolute gem! I loved it. It's one of those books with the built-in invisible hand that comes out as soon as you open it to  grab you by the collar and drag you in.

The author lets the two main characters do the talking. It starts in the present and you are taken back into the past and slowly brought back to this day.

The first part paints a certain picture, but is it the correct one? Who is fooling us and who tells the truth?

The storyline, the wr
Michelle
Oct 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
IzzyReadsAlot
Jan 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Love you gone....

This was a really good psychological thriller, a tad light on the thriller side but that was fine. It was a fast read because it was a page turner.

I took one star because I hate it when I know what's coming and it was a little predictable at times but aside from that, this book didn't disappoint.

I found myself really rooting for Luke at times while at others wanting to shake some sense into him. He was a really relatable character.

Mel.... I think she'll surprise you.

It's hard
Donna Hines
Oct 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, netgalley
When you expect your family to be at a cottage upon your arrival but they suddenly vanish with the only clue noting they went for a walk . Hours later still no sign.
The marriage between Mel and Luke is not as it seems.
Secrets fall on both sides as the kids are put in the middle.
Dad is running a shady biz while Mel is being accused of something awful.
You can run but you can't hide and eventually one or the other is arrested.
Stay tuned to find out who is taken down and whose life may never be the
Between The Pages Book Club (Gemma M)
Oh. My. Goodness. This book blew me away! It’s bloody brilliant. Pulls the reader straight in then you’re trapped until the end (not a bad thing really). This book just had surprise after surprise add in the shocker here and there. You’re left thinking how many more secrets and lies are being hidden?

Love You Gone is one of those stories you want to devour in one sitting. It is gripping, thrilling, fast paced and well written. A must read! Brilliant. Sticks with you!

A well deserved five stars fro
Denise
Nov 15, 2018 added it
A book you'll want to read in one sitting!

When Mel shows up around 8 pm at the Lake District vacation home that her husband, Luke, has rented for the holiday week, he and the children are not in the house. "Gone for a hike," the note says. After a couple of hours when they still have not returned she gets worried, calls in Mountain Rescue and then the local police get involved. Something is not right with this whole scenario and you are about to find out just how messed up things are. NO SPOILER
Dee Groocock
Feb 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
When Mel arrives late at the cottage her husband has rented for a holiday, she finds a note stating Luke and the 2 children have gone on a hike. Once she realises something is wrong, she calls the Mountain Rescue Team and by the next morning, the police are involved too. I’m not going to say anymore on the storyline as you really need to read this for yourself!
This is a fantastic psychological thriller, the author has written a very clever book. There were plenty of twists and turns throughout
Connie
Nov 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Luke and Mel Roberts have planned a vacation with their children, Callum, age 9, and Tessa, age 10. Mel is the children’s stepmother and she and Luke have been married for about a year. The children’s mother, Anna, died from an aneurysm. Mel has a busy job and a late meeting means she had to drive to the vacation cottage alone and on a difficult route. When she arrives, it’s dark and she finds no one at home, but a note has been left saying they had gone on a hike. After waiting for hours for th ...more
Vandana
Nov 02, 2018 rated it liked it
After reading rave reviews of Love you gone I really thought I was in for a treat and had high hopes going in. Have you ever read a book with great anticipation only to be disappointed? The only thing going for the book was the fast pace. It’s the fastest book I have read in recent times. Around six hours, more or less. Here’s the plotline:

Luke is a widower with two kids. He is at loss for living his life after the death of his wife. He is estranged from his parents and haven’t a clue how to bri
Kat
Oct 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
An absolute compulsive read and I just could not put it down, from the first page I was hooked and it was so good I ended up reading it in just over a day grabbing what time I had to keep on reading ,It was an excellent psychological thriller and difficult to review without giving too much away it was so intense, full of suspense and well written with extremely well rounded characters all topped off with a great ending I thought at first I knew where the book was going but nope I didn’t it was s ...more
Mary Thomas
Dec 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Thanks to Netgalley for my copy.

I enjoyed the first novel by this author and sometimes struggle with an author's second book but this one was even better. Halsall writes a very convincing tale of family woes and the difficulty of step-parenting. The emotional turmoil felt by both the father Luke and children and the step-mother Mel who professes to love them as if they were her own was very realistic.

Mel arrives at the rented holiday cottage to find her husband and two children missing. The ensu
Lusie
Nov 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is about Mel who's family goes missing. The question is "what happened to them?". This is a very intriguing story and is a real page turner. I was hooked from page one. I like all the turns and twists in the plot. I like that we get to hear the story from the point of view of both Mel and her Husband. This way you know both sides of the story.
Maddy Lauren
Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thoroughly enjoyed the book. I couldn’t put it down!
My only hang up is that some plot points are a little far fetched and silly but other than that, I thought it was fantastic!
Joann
I loved this read. This book had me from page one and it just got better as the story unfolded. In fact, there were a few times, when I got to the end of a chapter and had to reread the last paragraph. Did I really read that? Did I? Yes, I did read it and forged on. There were surprises galore in the novel and I am sure it will have a few twists you will not see coming. I would definitely recommend this to my fellow readers. A solid 4 or maybe even a 4.5 star.
Starr Waddell
Apr 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
For people who figure out twists easily, this will be one where you can figure it out early on, but you still want to know what will happen. I thought I knew what was going to happen and was mostly right, but I didn't waste any time here... It's still a good read.

Thanks to the author, publisher, and NetGalley for a copy of the ARC. I ended up listening to this one Scribd and thought the audiobook narrator, Katherine Press, did a great job.
Amanda
Dec 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
I read, reviewed and loved Rona’s debut novel called ‘Keep You Safe’, which was released in August 2018. I couldn’t wait to get my hands on a copy of her next book. Well the wait is over as her second novel called ‘Love You Gone’ was released on 15th November 2018. When I got a copy, I couldn’t wait any longer and I immediately started to read. I was not to be disappointed. I loved reading ‘Love You Gone’ but more about that in a bit.
I can honestly say that I did not trust Mel one bit and I was
Wendy C
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So... I started Love You Gone by Rona Halsall this morning as a buddy read with a Fiction Cafe Book Club. We’ve just finished it! I’m speechless to tell you how fantastic it was!! Words fail me!! 😱😱😱

Here’s my 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟review!

Firstly I want to tell you how much I love the opening of this authors books. In each I’ve read they instantly pull me in and Love You Gone is a brilliant example of that. The intrigue is there instantly and is the same throughout the whole boom. Part Two we learn more about th
Miki Mackennedy
Love You Gone is a psychological thriller that starts out as a story of a women that goes to join her family on holiday, after being delayed at work, only to discover that they are gone. She finds a note saying that her husband and children have gone for a hike and will return but as night falls, she fears that something has gone really wrong.

And then things take a turn and another and as Mel, the wife, answers more questions from the police. And then they take a few more turns as the story is r
Michaela in Bookish Wonderland
I never used to read psychological thrillers but after joining The Fiction Cafe Book Club that quickly changed. I am now hooked on the genre and Rona is one of my absolute favourites!
From the first page I struggled to put this book down. Rona is brilliant at drawing her readers in and keeping them interested.

The book is broken down into four parts. The second is where it gets really interesting as we learn more about the family and how they got to where they are now. It was filled with surprise
Marj Ward
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous, Amazing, Unputdownable. I loved this Author's first book (Keep You Safe) and was beyond excited to read Love You Gone. What a book! When Mel, the wife, arrives at a vacation cabin and finds her husband and children missing, she eventually calls the police. Then the background comes out. Luke was between a rock and a hard place. The twists and turns are amazing and I did not foresee a lot of things that happened. I highly recommend this Author and this book. Patiently waiting for her ne ...more
Debbie
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love you gone was completely mind blowing. Every single twist and turn had me completely baffled and I didn't see anything coming but yet bam there it was. This book was intense engrossing and fantastic.
Mel arrives at the holiday cabin expecting to find her husband and 2 kids but instead finds a note saying they went for a hike and would be right back. Hours later they still haven't shown up so Mel decides to call the police.
Any further information will surely ruin this incredibly thought out
Kat
Nov 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Maggie
Dec 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mel arrives at a holiday cottage having been held up by work commitments, expecting to find her husband & two children there. Instead their belongings are scattered about the cottage & there is a note saying that her family have gone for a hike. It is now dark- surely they should have returned by now? Frantically she tries her husband's phone. After phoning round hostels, pubs, hotels & hospitals she gets in touch with the police.

But things are not as they seem.... I couldn't put this book down.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Secrets Between Us
  • The Perfect Family
  • The Liar's Wife
  • The Couple on Cedar Close (Detective Dan Riley, #2)
  • The Memory
  • The Mother's Mistake
  • The Marriage Betrayal
  • Little Whispers
  • Closer
  • The Happy Couple: An absolutely unputdownable and gripping psychological thriller
Rona is the author of Best Selling psychological thrillers published by Bookouture. Her sixth book will be out 30th September 2020.

She lives on the Isle of Man with her husband, two dogs and two guinea pigs. She is an outdoorsy person and loves stomping up a mountain, walking the coastal paths and exploring the wonderful glens and beaches on the Island while she's plotting her next book. She has t

News & Interviews