Start by marking “Rights of Use (Project Black Book) (Volume 1)” as Want to Read:
Rights of Use (Project Black Book) (Volume 1)

Rights of Use (Project Black Book) (Volume 1)

In the 1960s, Project Blue Book assured America that no aliens visited its amber waves or shining seas.

Thirty years later, Project Black Book knows better and has the flying saucers to prove it, but they still can’t stop the body-possessing Kemtewet from scooping their pick of young women from Earth to host an alien queen.

Sarah Anderson yearned for an escape from her new
Published August 2nd 2018 by Astra Invicta, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Rights of Use (Project Black Book), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rights of Use (Project Black Book)

Ashley *Hufflepuff Kitten*
It took me entirely too long to finish this -- I kept getting distracted by other books. But whenever I picked it up I fell right back into the world of Sarah, Maggie, Vinnet, Katorin, and all the rest. I loved the characters; their voices were each distinct and I really dug Sarah's vibe through the whole thing. It got a little wordy in spots for my taste, but it was understandable: Shannon's trying to construct a whole new universe, introduce readers to it, and also plug in the conflict between ...more
M
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a fantastic book, which I recommend for everyone. It has everything a sci-fi fan might want (aliens, government conspiracy, spaceships) but it is also one of the most accessible sci-fi novels I’ve read in some time. I would recommend it to readers who are new to the genre as well as those of us who have been reading sci-fi since before we can remember.

Unusually for the genre, (though this is changing with more and more novels like this coming out), it features a female protagonist that i
Nick
Dec 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I felt I pretty much had to read Rights of Use the moment I read about its central concept: namely, a civil war between body-possessing alien symbionts over the fate of humanity and of Earth. Kemtewet infest and wipe the minds of human hosts, viewing them as bodies and nothing else; the opposing Gertewet view humans as friends and partners, meanwhile, and share the body between the two of them.

Sarah Anderson and Maggie Rockefeller are two ordinary teenage girls who find themselves thrust into an
J.L.
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: july-2018

Disclaimer: I read this book during the editing process, and I consider the author a friend; however, I can't wait to buy a hardcopy version of this novel of my very own.

I thoroughly enjoy science-fiction of all forms, but there's something comforting about a delicious blend of epic space opera and an Earth oblivious beyond classic UFO sightings. I find it cliche to describe a book as a mix of one popular thing plus another popular thing, but Rights of Use is everything I love about the
Jen (chekherjoy)
*I received a free copy of the ebook from the author. Also I know the author in real life, so I may be a little swayed in my opinions. :)
*My video review can be found here: https://youtu.be/kOsMY7-0Hbo
Honestly this rating is a 3.5 stars.

In the 1960s the US government declassified information about UFO sightings or unidentified flying objects. What they didn't release was the information on the alien sightings and abductions they had identified. Project Black Book is so secret that even the Spe
Kathleen
In the ‘60s, Project Blue Book disproves of the existence of aliens and UFOs. But in modern days, Project Black Book knows better. Flying saucers exist (known as kaxan), transporting alien symbionts called the Kemtewet, who come to earth to abduct young girls to host their Queens.

When Sarah is abducted, she is faced with an impossible choice. Host an Kemtewet Queen, who cares nothing for her and will wipe out everything she is. Or, Sarah can side with the Gertwewt insurgents, hosting one of thei
K.M. Herkes
Aliens. An interstellar rebellion. Conspiracies and plots.

All these, and humanity stuck in the middle with the fate of Earth in the balance? Talk about high stakes!

This one starts fast & then cranks up the action to eleven. There are a lot of names to follow, but they're all memorable and entertaining, and the deft handling of humor and tension kept me turning pages to see what happened next.

First in a series I will definitely be following to the end.
Abigail Delk
Mar 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book is well worth the read and is also suspenseful and fun. The plot was twisty, full of surprises, and kept me turning pages. The world-building/main idea was original and well thought-out. The characters were flawed and human though ironically some were aliens. The dialogue moved the story along and sounded real. Give this book a try, you won’t be disappointed.
Alice
Sep 08, 2018
Mary B Eichorn
Apr 08, 2019
Danny Wilkerson
rated it did not like it
Aug 30, 2018
Trish Bash
Sep 11, 2018
Eric
Sep 18, 2018
Shannon Eichorn
Jul 19, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Jolyn