Start by marking “Guardian (Book Two of the Spirits' War Trilogy)” as Want to Read:
Guardian (Book Two of the Spirits' War Trilogy)

Guardian (Book Two of the Spirits' War Trilogy)

You mess with one of the Three, you mess with them all. The Battle of the Ritual may be over, but the war against the Covenant has only just begun. Skye and her companions head to Canada in search of more recruits and for Sejka's long-lost brother. Meanwhile, Mac Tíre, Ace and Greg remain in the U.K. to seek an old ally: the great dragon Nwyfre. But when the Lìog Airgid's ...more
Kindle Edition
Published July 31st 2018

To ask other readers questions about Guardian, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Guardian

Start your review of Guardian (Book Two of the Spirits' War Trilogy)
Amy Marie
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
At the beginning of this book, you get a complete beginner's guide for the Celtic words and Gaelic, followed by a synopsis from the first book. That thoughtful attention to detail is just the beginning framework of this author's ability to weave a tale. I enjoyed the various POV and each individual character's personality. Throw in ancient allies, enemies, elements of magic, metaphysics and spirituality... and you've got the makings of a great magical journey. The Spirit War Trilogy is ...more
L. Fergus
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: other-works
K.V. has created a fun world full of magic, shapeshifters, and spirits. Her attention to detail in her storytelling makes Skye and her companions come alive.
S.A. Krishnan
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The war against the Covenant is far from over. The story follows Skye while she tries to recruit more followers. Mac Tire is a totally amazing character and his POV is thoroughly enjoyable.

Patercius is the most mysterious character that I have come across and definitely my favourite character in the book.

Nwfye's reincarnation was amazing and caught me by surprise!

The book has an amazing writing style and though there are words from totally new language, it seems natural while reading the story.

A
S.L. Baron
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Guardian is the perfect second installment to Wilson’s Spirits’ War Trilogy.

Skye Matthews journey is far from over after taking Sejka’s place as Ru-Yeva. Following the Battle of the Ritual, she and her friends head to Canada to recruit others for the inevitable battles to come, while fellow spirit Mac Tíre stays in the U.K., seeking out the last of their trio, Nwyfre.

But the Guardians’ enemies never rest, and those enemies have a new ally. Old enemy Paterius reads his misguided head to join the
Xanxa
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An absorbing read

I enjoyed this second instalment as much as the first. Great characters, intriguing plot and some hilarious scenes which had me laughing out loud. I especially love the eccentric elderly characters. So many books only concentrate on the young and attractive. It makes a refreshing change. Looking forward to the final part.
Fantasy Dimension
Guardian is the sequel to Spiritborne of the Spirits’ War Trilogy.
K. V. Wilson not only has an amazing writing style rife with flawless prose, realistic dialogue, and breathtaking descriptions; she also adds poetry, proverbs, and even a new language that sounds very natural.
After Skye takes Sejka’s place as Ru-Yeva, the war against the Covenant is far from over. While she and her companions go to Canada, searching for more recruits and trying to find Sejka’s lost brother, Mac Tíre and the others
Stephanie
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a fantastic sequel! All of my favorite things about Spiritborne are back in this second installment. Like the first book, it is filled with action and twists that keep the pages turning. We also get to dive deeper into what it means to be one of the Spiritborne. I especially loved getting to know the characters from Book 1 a little bit better and meeting some new ones. (Elspeth is hilarious. You're going to love her.) Can't wait to see what Book 3 has in store for us!
Cynk Napp
May 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is well written book with a deeply developed world. Present and historical periods interweaved in a rich cast of characters. Chapters are written in style that makes you want to stay.

I would say this book is similar in world depth to "The Dark Hand Of Magic" by Barbara Hambly.
Juliette
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book, like its predecessor, is an emotional, gripping, complex journey that will leave readers hanging off a cliff waiting for the third installment to save them from the suspense. The characters that K.V. Wilson began writing in Book One become even more developed (it's possible!), and the plot twists and turns kept my heart pounding through the entire read. This book improves upon Spritborne in a major way—it gives a larger backstory and motives for its antagonists. Many authors struggle ...more
Jim Heter
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Everyone loves the Irish, right? And the Irish love Saint Patrick. They even set aside a day for him, and have a big parade. After all, he drove the snakes out of Ireland. And that was good thing, right? But what if those "snakes" were really dragons, and some of your best friends are dragons?
Would you still love him? Could you? What would you do? Read and learn.
John King
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First, I received a free copy of the book for review. I also want to mention that I rated this book based on how much I liked the story and not on the technicalities of the book.

I would say this second book is a good progression of the first, and it makes sense. There is more tension, and the pacing is still smooth. The world building continues nicely, and I think the author improves with the creative and imaginative process with the fictional creatures, beings, and settings. I won't say too
L.E. Glazebrook
Sep 06, 2018
Sana Baloch
Sep 06, 2018
K.V. Wilson
Jan 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Rachel Wollaston
Arient
Dec 26, 2019
Julie
Jan 06, 2020

• Grand Theft Retro: A Samantha Kidd Mystery (Style and Error Mysteries Book 5)
  • Her Valentine Vet (Cider Lake Book 2)
  • Hope
  • Kaveri
  • A Merry Mountain Christmas (Smoky Mountain Romance #4)
  • Land of Nod, The Child (Land of Nod, #3)
  • Love on the Boardwalk (Cinnamon Bay, #1)
  • Two Hearts Find Christmas (Two Hearts Wounded Warrior Romance, #5)
  • Wil's Claim (Oklahoma Land Lottery Book 1)
  • The Hit-and-Run Man
  • Shopping is Murder (McKinley Mysteries, #6)
  • Facing My Demons: A Max Springer Novel
  • Darkness Series
  • Tides of Desire: A Christmas Romance (Garrett Brothers Book 3)
  • Whispers of Love (Finding Love Medical Romance Series Book 1)
  • The Turing Test, a Tale of Artificial Intelligence and Malevolence (Frank Adversego Thrillers, #4)
  • பொன்னியின் செல்வன் - மணிமகுடம்
  • Ponniyin Selvan - Part 5 (Tamil)
K.V. Wilson is an urban fantasy author obsessed with mythology and culture.
Some of her influences have included J.K. Rowling, Kenneth Oppel, Julie Kagawa, Kevin Hearne and Christopher Paolini. Born in Alberta, she currently lives in British Columbia, Canada, where she spends her spare time playing the piano, hiking, songwriting, and reading and writing stories.

You can check out more of her work
“I grin. "What say ye to taking down the monster we call Saint Patty?"
The maiden of Loch Ness breaks into a wide smile, displaying beautiful ivory fangs. "I say aye, lad. That is if ye can keep up with me.”
0 likes
“I groaned as me limbs grew to immense proportions an' me neck stretched. Moss-coloured scales emerged upon me slick skin. Me snout elongated and me teeth sharpened to the size o' small dirks.” 0 likes