Start by marking “The Highly Sensitive: How to Stop Emotional Overload, Relieve Anxiety, and Eliminate Negative Energy” as Want to Read:

Do you feel too sensitive for this world?

Are you at the mercy of your emotions, overwhelmed by your environment, and easily triggered by other people’s feelings?

You aren’t alone. Millions of Highly Sensitive People (HSP) feel exactly the same way.

If you’ve always felt more delicate, more easily overwhelmed by sensory input, and more empathetic
Published September 30th 2018

To ask other readers questions about The Highly Sensitive, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Highly Sensitive

Start your review of The Highly Sensitive: How to Stop Emotional Overload, Relieve Anxiety, and Eliminate Negative Energy
Sarah Jacques
Really bland, basic, cookie-cutter, pseudoscience book. Don't waste your time on a teeny book whose info is all available for free on Google.
Kinjal Pike
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Easy read

She really validated everything I was experiencing. This was a very helpful book that many will relate to. I recommend this book!
Del Navaa
Jan 06, 2020 rated it liked it
Good tips, particularly with respect to managing your emotions. However, the amount of knowledge didn't justify the price tag at $25.00 for the book. This is an 80-90 page book and can be read in an hour. It is good to recognize that you're an HSP, and techniques to help you manage your emotions during times of stress. That's pretty much the gist of the book.
Jessica
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent information for the sensitive person. Great tips and tools to help you function in this highly charged world.
Summer
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing read
S.L. Saboviec
For someone who hasn't already thought through everything in the book, this might be helpful. It's mostly common sense advice for mental health, really. But the thing I realized, of course, was that as an HSP, these strategies are required, not optional. And it made me feel better to know I'm not alone.
Ashleigh
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was ok
Very brief and generalized read

I found that this book was too general. It was such a short read that I got the gist of what it is like to be highly sensitive but I didn’t feel like I got enough insight on some of the areas that were discussed in the introduction. The strategies were common knowledge for the most part and were nothing to be in awe of.
Josiane
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very good read

The book gives you various tools on how to manage your highly sensitive personality. Very useful, would recommend for anyone that has trouble with their sensitivity and is looking for solution.
Jen
Jan 04, 2020 rated it liked it
while surely Dyer was good intentioned, I found too much negative language when referring to HSPs. Maybe that’s my sensitivity talking but it was kind of a hard read and while i learned some things, i wouldn’t say it was enjoyable. left me feeling like i had to change, to be honest.
S Jenkins
Jan 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Interesting read.

A quick and easy read. Interesting insights and strategies. A bit more depth would have been interesting. More of the psychological background could have been included.
Janine
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
So easy to understand

This book gave me some great coping mechanisms for my anxiety and depression. Exercises that you can do on the spot without props of any kind. It’s easy to understand and easy to follow.
An Gie
Nov 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Easy read

Teaches some idea on how to cope with some unwanted situation especially for highly sensitive people as define in this book as well as for people who knows someone that is sensitive. Its a good beginner book to start if you’re into EQ.
Rebecca Waite
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So accurate

It spoke to me on such a close level. This book would be great for everyone to read and understand
Les Howlett
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Self discovery

Great read and self discovery, It gives direction and explains feelings we might have and not understand. It’s worth the read for the sake of positivity
Felix Hommy Gonzalez
Jan 03, 2020 rated it did not like it
Completely and utterly pointless. And yes, this was my first read of the year. ...more
Ben Shelley
Nov 23, 2019
Stacey
Nov 02, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Hygge: Discovering The Danish Art Of Happiness – How To Live Cozily And Enjoy Life’s Simple Pleasures
  • 10-Minute Focus: 25 Habits for Mastering Your Concentration and Eliminating Distractions
  • The Forever In Between: A Historical Western Romance Book
  • Minimalist: A Minimalist Guide To Do More With Less To Simplify Your Life
  • The Productivity Blueprint: 2 in 1 Bundle: 10 Minute Focus and Take Back Your Day
  • Mindfulness: The Remarkable Truth Behind Meditation and Being Present in Your Life
  • The Art of Minimalism: A Simple Guide to Declutter and Organize Your Life
  • Obasan
  • Introducing Emotional Intelligence: A Practical Guide
  • Love Lives Here: A Story of Thriving in a Transgender Family
  • Take Back Your Day: How Simple Daily Actions Can Change Your Life
  • Putin: Prisoner of Power
  • White Hot Truth: Clarity for Keeping It Real on Your Spiritual Path from One Seeker to Another
  • Communication Miracles for Couples: Easy and Effective Tools to Create More Love and Less Conflict
  • Happier Now: How to Stop Chasing Perfection and Embrace Everyday Moments (Even the Difficult Ones)
  • Sweet Venom (Melissa Craig, #12)
  • The Eat-Clean Diet: Fast Fat-Loss that lasts Forever!
  • Spirit Driven Success
Judy Dyer is a Canadian girl with an open spirit and passion to help empaths. Judy writes books for those who have a natural ability to tune in to the feelings of others. She has made it her mission to share her lifelong experiences and comprehensive research on the many benefits and blessings associated with being an empath.

After graduating from Harvard University in the Department of
“Animals live in the present; they do not waste time worrying about the past or fearing the future. We have much to learn from them.” 0 likes