Start by marking “Dear Wife” as Want to Read:
Dear Wife

Dear Wife

3.99  ·  Rating details ·  23,552 ratings  ·  3,071 reviews
From the bestselling author of The Marriage Lie and Three Days Missing comes a riveting new novel of suspense about a woman who, in a fight for survival, must decide just how far she'll go to escape the person she once loved

Beth Murphy is on the run...

For nearly a year, Beth has been planning for this day. A day some people might call any other Wednesday, but Beth
Published June 25th 2019 by Park Row

To ask other readers questions about Dear Wife, please sign up.
Aníbal M. I´m a latino and I didn´t felt it was racist at all! And about the transphobic thing, I believe it wasn´t that way. It showed the discomfort Beth felt…moreI´m a latino and I didn´t felt it was racist at all! And about the transphobic thing, I believe it wasn´t that way. It showed the discomfort Beth felt towards the guy and it´s a normal reaction. She was surprised, not horrified by him. (less)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Erin For a while I thought “Beth” was Sabine until she and Martina saw the news and Martina didn’t recognize her (Beth) as Sabine. Then I thought “Beth” co…moreFor a while I thought “Beth” was Sabine until she and Martina saw the news and Martina didn’t recognize her (Beth) as Sabine. Then I thought “Beth” could possibly be the doctors’s (Trevor’s) wife because she conveniently left (without her kids???) for Chicago the day Sabine went missing.(less)

·  23,552 ratings  ·  3,071 reviews

Start your review of Dear Wife
Meredith
Apr 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Unputdownable!!

Dear Wife is a suspenseful and twisty read about a woman on the run and another who has gone missing. Are they one and the same or is there more going on than meets the eye?

“Beth” is on the run from her abusive husband. She has a plan and must not veer off course or else she will become her husband's prey.

Sabine, a prominent realtor in Pine Bluff, Arkansas, has gone missing. Her deadbeat husband, Jeffery, is the number one suspect in her disappearance.

Jeffery, well, he has
j e w e l s
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
FIVE STARS HAPPY PUBLICATION DAY!

DEAR WIFE is a juicy, female driven thriller. There are actually a few wives that go missing in this novel and you, the reader, are tasked with the fun work of untangling the knots of which wives go with which husbands or lovers. It is an extremely clever literary ruse that Kimberly Belle has cooked up! I thoroughly enjoyed the uniquely crafted story structure.

At first, I found the character roster somewhat confusing and I’m not sure this book could translate wel
Dorie  - Cats&Books :)
***NOW AVAILABLE, MY #1 THRILLER FOR THIS YEAR***

I was looking for a thriller to get me through yet another miserable, cold and rainy weekend. This one did the job, I didn’t do anything else but read this yesterday. This is that compulsive read that so many thrillers say they are but few deliver.

From the blurb you know that Beth is on the run from her abusive husband, that Sabine is missing and that the police, in particular Marcus, are increasingly distraught at not having any substantial clue
Norma
Holy Shooty Balls!!! Thrilling, highly compulsive, & mind-blowing stuff!

Oh my goodness what did I just read? An absolutely fabulous thriller that’s what! This book was incredible and I am so thrilled to say that this book is my new favourite!!!

DEAR WIFE by KIMBERLY BELLE is a gripping, suspenseful, dark, brisk, and twisty thriller that was absolutely unputdownable. I was immediately sucked in and devoured every single page of this spellbinding entertaining book. Once I started reading it I was
Nilufer Ozmekik
Jun 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.25 I cannot put it down, it is glued to my hands, imprinted on my mind, this book is sooo good stars!!!

It was one of the most enjoyable time I`ve had by reading this fast-paced , mind-bending, gripping, fascinating book. You know the feeling, you had work to do but you want to grip your book and read it in one night! Unfortunately you have obligations but in the meantime you cannot concentrate on your work because your mind is stuck on the book’s story, you ask yourself “what’s gonna happen ne
Brenda - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews
Kimberly Belle joined us in the Behind the Pages group for a spoiler-free Q & A. She shared some insight into her books and her writing process. To view the Q & A you can find it here.

My review

Kimberly Belle nails it here with this intense thriller. Dear Wife is one exciting thriller that is not to be missed. The most exciting thing here is how Kimberly Belle takes a story that really isn’t a new storyline and turns into an exciting, entertaining and com
Emily (Books with Emily Fox)
I can't tell you how relieve I was that it didn't turn out like another Gone Girl!

Great female narrator, nice twist. A solid read.
Susanne  Strong
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: buddy-read, netgalley
4.25 Stars* (rounded down)

Just call this Creepy and Cray-Cray and Call it a Day!

Marriage: It’s not that bad (Really!).. at least not according to Jeffrey. Ask his wife Sabine and you might get a different answer. The problem of course, is that you can’t ask Sabine. She’s missing and well, you know how it works, once Jeffrey discovers it and reports his wife missing, his sister-in-law Ingrid and the police suspect Jeffrey of murder. After all, he and Sabine had a few tense moments and well, it’
marilyn
Once I started to read Dear Wife, I did not want to put it down. I made it to 2 am and then had to go to bed before I could finish the book but if I could have stayed awake longer I would have finished the book in one read. This was a thriller that had me going, had me wondering what was what and who was who and it all came together so well, in the end.

The story is told from the points of view of Beth, Jeffrey, and Marcus. Beth is running away from her unnamed abusive husband and she's done a l
Deanna
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-releases
My reviews can also be seen at: https://deesradreadsandreviews.wordpr...

4.5 Stars!!

Loved it!

One woman is on the run. One woman is missing.

This is a new beginning for Beth. New name, new look....new life. A life far away from her abusive husband. Beth has been planning this for more than a year. She won't take any chances. This HAS to work.

Sabine Hardison is missing. It doesn't look like she's taken anything with her. The police are stumped. Then her car is found abandoned.

With so many secrets
Dita
Feb 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought I had this book all figured out. I was half right! I smugly decided to hang in there even though I was sure I knew it all and while I was right there was still a delicious surprise or two!!

I REALLY enjoyed this book and I highly recommend it!!

Thank you to NetGalley for giving me this ARC in exchange for an honest review.
BernLuvsBooks
Jun 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was my first Kimberly Belle book & I couldn't put it down! Why did I wait so long to give her a try?

Beth Murphy is on the run from her abusive husband. She knows he's coming after her, it's simply a matter of time before he finds her.

Sabine Hardison is missing. Her life is anything but what it seemed. Is she on the run or has she met with a more sinister end?

Marcus, the investigating Detective will stop at nothing, tracking down leads, determined to bring the missing woman home.

Told in 3
Lindsay - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews
5 STUNNING STARS!

One of the best thrillers I have read in a long time!

I’m going to skip giving an overview of the plot as I think it is best to go into this one blind. Just know you are in for a suspenseful, twisty, heart-pounding, unforgettable journey that will leave you shocked! It was amazing from start to finish! I worried that all of the hype and raving reviews I have read might have set my expectations too high, but NO! This was jaw-droppingly fantastic!

I loved the characters. Loved the
Mackenzie - PhDiva Books
Drop everything you are reading and pick up a copy of Kimberly Belle’s latest novel of psychological suspense, Dear Wife!!!

I am a big fan of Kimberly Belle—I’ve read all of her books. I have to say that this one is the best yet!

About the Book

Beth Murphy is on the run… Of course, that isn’t Beth’s real name—that’s something she will take with her—she has to if she wants to stay alive. Beth has been planning this for months—her escape. It’s the only way to get away from her husband and his abuse.
Felicia
Mar 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
"If my husband doesn't report me missing, am I really gone?"

I don't know!!
Are you really gone?
Who is your husband??
Who are YOU???

Take a shot of Gone Girl with a generous splash of Sleeping With the Enemy and it still won't taste as good as Dear Wife.

From the fabulous cover
to the captivating plot
to the carefully crafted twist
to the fast and to-the-point writing style of Kimberly Belle,
this book is a compulsive read from beginning to end.

4.5 ⭐

**I received an ARC from the publisher in exchange for
Kaceey
4.5*
Wowza! That was one finely-crafted, twisty tale!

Beth Murphy needs to disappear! Leaving an abusive relationship behind. One thing she knows for certain…if he finds her, he will kill her. How far does she need to go before she’s safe? How deeply under cover can she hide? And will it ever be enough?

A flurry of moving parts taking place. Her husband proclaiming his innocence. Her sister pointing fingers. The detective in charge turning over every rock!

This is the second book by Kimberly Belle
JanB
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2019-reads

I fell victim to hype and here I sit in the outlier club once again, wondering if I read the same book that has gotten such rave reviews.

The story started out strong. There’s a missing woman, Sabine. When police discover her marriage to Jeffrey was troubled and she was preparing to leave him, he becomes the chief suspect in what the police believe is a murder investigation. But first, a body must be found.

Then we meet Beth, a woman on the run from an abusive husband. Beth alters her appearance a
Kim ~ It’s All About the Thrill
Sep 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Kimberly Belle has done it again! I have loved all of her books. After loving The Marriage Lie (which I have read twice by the way, and I never read a book twice), I also read and loved Three Days Missing. Naturally I had to devour Dear Wife! Not sure why I am so late in the game to read this one just lack of time.

This book had multiple POV's but the author was very clever in keeping this so it was not confusing. I feel the trick to this is good character development, so each one sticks out in y
Kendall
Feb 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Dear wife, I found you"

Oh my goodness!! Boy, did I have fun with this one! What a ride!!

Dear Wife is an exceptionally dark thriller that will leave you highly entertained turning those pages. This was my first read by Kimberly Belle and am glad I finally read something by her!

Kimberly Belle delivers part domestic fiction and part thriller with this juicy set of characters. Beth Murphy is on the run and has been planning this for over a year. Who is she running from and why?

Sabine Hardison is
Ceecee
Mar 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Phew. This book is right up my (deserted) street as I could not put it down, gripping me from the opening pages.. Beth is hurtling across states trying to put as much distance between herself and her violent, abusive excuse for a husband. She has endured countless injuries over the years and she’s had enough, she knows it’s only a matter of time before he kills her. Sabine Hardison from Pine Bluffs, Arkansas like Beth, is reported missing and her husband Jeffrey is Detective Marcus Durand number ...more
Elyse  Walters
Jun 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Am I the only reader who busted a gut - or would - if you read what I did - laughing at these two sentences? - (4%- kindle reading)
“How difficult is it to put things back where they belong? To line the clothes up by color?

Ok, friends, fess up - your closet habits? 👗👠🧦👔👞...Do tell!!

Back to the story:
Jeffrey came home to an empty house from
a business trip. His wife Sabine was gone. Her Mercedes was gone. A pile of dirty dishes were “crawling” up the sink and onto the countertop. Crumbs on the co
Joey R.
Mar 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars —- After reading “The Marriage Lie” over 2 years ago (wow has it been that long) and really enjoying it, I jumped at the chance to read “Dear Wife” when it became available at the local library. Once again, Bell proves herself to be an excellent writer as she follows the story of ‘Beth’, a domestic violence victim on the run from her abusive husband. The author does a great job of telling the story from the viewpoints of multiple narrators. I really felt Beth was a very well drawn char ...more
Holly  B (semi-hiatus until Nov)
Another fast-paced and thrilling read from Kimberly Belle!

I really enjoyed The Marriage Lie (2016) and her latest did not disappoint. I was quickly wrapped up in Beth's escape plan from her overbearing and abusive husband. She is on the run, but you won't imagine the obstacles that she will have to face. She knows that he will be hot on her trail, BUT can he catch her?

Cat and mouse? or Mouse and cat?

If you're looking for a fast summer read with a clever plot, some different POV's and scattered r
Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another top notch thriller from Kimberly Belle. ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Beth is on the run… She’s had plenty of time to plan this; a year, in fact. She’s going to leave her violent husband and start over. Beth has a new name and a new city.

Sabine is missing. Her husband Jeffrey returns home to find her gone. The police locate her abandoned car, and it appears foul play is involved in her disappearance.

Sabine was also having difficulty at home, and the detective on the case is devoted to finding out wha
Dem
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller-crime
3.5 Stars

An entertaining psychological thriller with plenty of twists and turns to keep the reader turning the pages but will it stand out from all the other thrillers(with wife in the title) that I have read a year from now remains to be seen.

I did this one, draws you in pretty quickly and has you rooting for the protagonist, plenty of twists and turns with a pretty tight plot that kept me turning the pages over the Christmas holidays.

Dear wife tells the story of a woman who, in a fight for s
Beverly
Mar 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Kept me guessing almost until the end, Dear Wife is a jittery, nerve end tingling mystery. There are about three big surprises for the reader. These shocks are adroitly placed by the author, Kimberly Belle. Belle doesn't reveal much until the very end and then the reveal comes fast and furious. How it all fits together is altogether satisfying.
Sandy *The world could end while I was reading and I would never notice*
EXCERPT: I hit my blinker and merge onto the Muskogee Turnpike, and for the first time in seven long years, I take a breath. A real, full-body breath that blows up my lungs like a beach ball. So much breath that it burns.

It tastes like freedom.

Four hours on the road, two hundred and eighty-three miles of space between us, and it's nowhere near enough. I still hear the clink of your keys when you toss them on the table, still tense at the thud of your shoes when you come closer to the kitchen.
Yun
Sep 17, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
In Dear Wife, local real estate agent Sabine is missing, and her husband Jeffery has secrets to hide. Meanwhile, Beth (not her real name) is on the run from her abusive husband, and it's going to take all her careful planning and wits to stay one step ahead of him. The police have assigned detective Marcus to the case to find Sabine and figure out what really happened to her.

The premise is intriguing enough, though I mainly picked up the book based on the strength of its stellar reviews. And the
Sandy
So this is what happened…..

Goodreads Buddies: Sandy? SANDY!

Moi: What?

GB: OMG, you have GOT to read this!

M: Really? Let’s see….riveting suspense, missing woman, suspicious husband….no. No. No. No.

GB: Just listen! We know you said you were done with the whole domestic drama/do you really know your spouse thing that has spawned a kabillion books since Gone Girl.

M: Aww, so you HAVE read my reviews *blushes*

GB: Em…sure. Anyhoots, this is different. It’s smart, has killer twists & a great MC.

M: Loo
Jayme
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jeffrey Hardison returns home from a business trip to find a messy house and no sign of his wife. But, she is a very successful real estate agent, who often has late night showings with prospective clients, so although he isn’t pleased that she isn’t home, he isn’t concerned. At first.

Her twin sister, Ingrid IS immediately concerned. She and Sabine speak several times a day, and they share everything about their lives with one another. She knows that Jeffrey isn’t the loving husband he portrays
J.D. Robb : Dear Wife by Kimberly Belle - January 2020 - Spoiler Zone 73 60 Apr 01, 2020 10:34AM

• Temper
  • A Nearly Normal Family
  • The Other Mrs.
  • You Are Not Alone
  • Little Secrets
Kimberly Belle is the USA Today and internationally bestselling author of six novels, including her forthcoming domestic suspense, Stranger in the Lake (June 2020). Her third novel, The Marriage Lie, was a semifinalist in the 2017 Goodreads Choice Awards for Best Mystery & Thriller, and a #1 e-book bestseller in the UK and Italy. She’s sold rights to her books in a dozen languages as well as film ...more

Articles featuring this book

Want to read the latest and greatest in the mystery and thriller genre? We dug into our data to find readers' top 20 mysteries published in the...
“Only an asshole stands in the way of soul mates.” 3 likes
“Not every question has an answer. Not every problem has a solution. But if you’re open for it, there is grace in uncertainty.” 2 likes