Start by marking “My Sister And I” as Want to Read:
My Sister And I

My Sister And I

'From the author of 'The Old Man and The Princess' (Soon to be a major motion picture) - comes a new, dark and violent, gripping and twisted tale, of horrifying terror in the Scottish Highlands.'

MY SISTER AND I

(Strong language and Graphic violence and some Scots Dialect - Not for the faint of heart)

A young teenage girl and her Psychotic twin sister must grow up hard and f
Kindle Edition, 1, 220 pages
Published August 31st 2018 by Paul Thomas Publishing

To ask other readers questions about My Sister And I, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Sister And I

Dana Ilie
Sep 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
*** ARC kindly provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

Hmmmm I was sure that Sean would not disappoint me.

This is such a good book. This guy can write!!! The story is for adults, it's a little bit dark, but not over the top. I like the writing, the plot and the characters. The book is about family, how the education and environment can shape a human, but also the struggle to remain good in situations that you have no choice but hurt people....
In the end it seems that the evil o
Miriam Smith
Sep 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kept-book, signed
"My Sister and I" written by established author Sean-Paul Thomas is a dark, gritty and twisted thriller set in the Scottish Highlands. The story focuses on thirteen year old twin sisters and their violent, psychotic and sadistic father who's obviously suffering from a severe mental health problem. One girl is desperate to gain approval from him whilst the other just wants to be free from him and live a normal life. They are constantly given survival challenges to complete in the unforgiving Scot ...more
Bradley
Shelves: 2018-shelf, horror
I'm always willing to read a new Sean-Paul Thomas book because he always surprises me as to where the tale will go next. Or even which genre. Sometimes the books are light and sometimes they're pitch black.

This one is like the struggling bright lights of two barely-teen sisters under the insane yoke of an uber survivalist dad who pretty much puts them through all kinds of paces... that steadily get worse and worse.

At its core it's horror, but it's far from being on the lighter side of horror. It
Trish
Oct 28, 2018 rated it liked it
There are horror stories and then there are horror stories. One type tells about monsters and things that go bump in the night and the other type shows us the dark pits of hell a human soul can reach. Most of the time, humans are the worst monsters.

Here, we follow twin sisters as they grow up with their abusive father. No sexual abuse but, as one of the girls correctly states, that doesn't really make it better. He's one of those that had his own father already drill the whole apocalypse schtick
Sara
Sep 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
* I would like to thank the author for sending me this book in exchange for an honest review.

This book follows the story of two sisters and their insane and psychotic father (the sisters aren't exactly sunshines either). Well this was a dark story, which shocked me from time to time. Throughout the entire book I was really angry, mainly at the father for being such a horrible person (can he be called a person?), but also at the girls. We can really see how disturbing their relationship was and
Stjepan Cobets
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horror, indie, thrillers, drama
My rating 4.8

The book "My Sister And I" by Sean-Paul Thomas is a psychological thriller with a dramatic dark story. Throughout the book, we follow the thoughts of one of the twin sisters who tell us the story, about her and her sister's life, with their morbid father who came from the dark side of hell. Although the book is classified as horror, this is a hard thriller and very sad drama of two girls and their growing up in a totally insane world of a maniacal killer who is their father. But alt
Chesca
Quick Review:

Sean-Paul Thomas's My Sister and I is a cruel tale with a broken heart at its center. It's going to drag you to the end like a victim and you'd be willing.

The reason I'm giving it only three stars is because I chug tales of horror and gore like water; it's just me looking for something that would surmount my ever-growing expectations for the genre. Nonetheless, I enjoyed this very much. (Or is 'mourned' a more appropriate word?)
William Bitner Jr.

Pages - 211
Publication Info - Paul Thomas Publishing; 1 edition, August 25, 2018
Format - Digital
Rating - 📙📙📙📙📙

If you’re looking for a twisted tale that takes place in the Scottish Highlands, My Sister and I, by Sean-Paul Thomas is just the answer. This is one truly messed up and sick family drama. Twin sisters, one evil and one trying to not be evil, and a father who is nothing but pure unadulterated evil. I like psy
Dana-Adriana B.
ARC kindly provided by the author.
Sorry I can't finish this book, so I can't rate it. Too much violence for me, to much pleasure hurting innocent people (twisted family - a dad and two sisters, American cheap horror movie like). And the language .......wow! no, did not like it at all. Not for me.
Kleio B'wti
Shelves: reviewed
Title: My Sister and I
Author: Sean-Paul Thomas
Publisher: Paul Thomas Publishing
Date of publication: August 25, 2018
Number of Pages: 211
ASIN: B07GV1LQ88

We Love Quality Books reviews, My Sister and I written by author Sean-Paul Thomas.
My Sister and I, is a Crime, Thriller & Mystery. It is a Fiction/ Women’s Fiction published by Paul Thomas Publishing. Before we start reading the novel, there is a disclaimer that reads, ‘My Sister and I, is a work of fiction. Names, places and incidents repre
Alice
Oct 18, 2018 rated it liked it
First of all, thanks to Sean-Paul Thomas for sending me a copy of his book in exchange for a honest review.
Also, you have to know English isn’t my first language, so feel free to correct me if I make some mistakes while writing this review.

Well, I can't say it wasn't an emotional rollercoaster.

I expected some kind of horror given the premises, but all those twists along the plot gave me the chills and they made me furious, anxious and uncomfortable - and it's all the father's fault.

It's a stor
Mikki
Dec 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Thank you to Sean-Paul Thomas for sending me a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
I have to say that horror is not my usual genre. That being said, I actually thoroughly enjoyed this book. I loved the dialect being in a lot of broad Scottish, spoken mostly by the father. The young twin daughters being raised by him, to be just like him. Cold and ruthless, yet able to handle and take care of themselves in the worst of circumstances. I was drawn to this book in the first sentence
Lisa-Jaine
Sep 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC from the author in return for an honest review.

Wow. This is dark and perhaps the darkest book so far from Sean-Paul Thomas. I love the way that whatever genre he writes he evokes the atmospheric feel of where it is set. I could feel the isolation and have to say I was impressed with this book. Two twin sisters, one fighting against the evil of her father and the other trying everything to gain her father's approval. As the father goes off the rails more and more something has t
Ailyn
Oct 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received this book for a fair review by the author. Judging by the cover, you know that this will be a great Halloween read. My sister and I features a twin, and by default her twin sister. They are rarely apart, being looked after by their father. Not a book with a lot of names, but it wasn't necessary.

My Sister and I are graphically violent and thought provoking to me. I admire the exploration between nature and nurture (what better way to show human behaviour in its most basic?). As the lo
Faith Jones
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am giving this a top star rating because it is engaging, well-composed and an undeniably excellent example of its type; and that’s the criteria I use for scoring good books. This review will make it pretty clear though that I don’t like the genre and would be much happier if I hadn’t read it. If you enjoy unapologetic horror of physicality and the mind, this has my full recommendation. If not, run.

I had to question why I was reading this novel as firstly I’m a sci-fi reviewer and this is very
JK
Nov 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
Jeezo, I love a bit of dark depravity fiction, but this was absolutely merciless.

Imagine one of those mental guys you meet in the pub, the ones with the unsettling glint in their eye that tells you they would have absolutely no problem taking you outside and stabbing you for a laugh. Imagine that guy colder, lonelier, more sadistic, less human. Imagine that guy with two twin girls he’s training up to become just like him. You just wouldn’t want to, but Thomas will make you.

The narrative here is
Lily Vagabond
Jan 20, 2019 rated it liked it
I wish GR allowed a breakdown of star ratings. I would rate 4 stars based on how well the book ends, and some parts were more 3 stars for me.

Twin 13-year-old girls with a spooky connection, deal with a horrific childhood with an absolutely psychotic father, embark on a journey to scare the living crap out of everyone, then fight for their lives, each in their own way.

The book comes with a heavy warning, violence, strong language, etc, etc. I didn't find anything in the book more extreme than wha
Boundless Book Reviews
Imagine two young girls being raised by a psychopath. This is what this book portrays. 2 young girls are being raised in the Scottish Highlands by their psychotic father. He's obsessed with the end of the world and throws his young girls into survival situations, including the killing of animals and soon people. One sister loves and respects her father, the other hates him and hates the life she is made to lead.

This book was crazy. It was a psychological thriller that can be easily seen as a hor
Tiffany Anne
Dec 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Neil Hunter
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this page-turner of gripping, twisted and grueling terror. Not for the faint of heart though that's for damn sure, so if you're not a fan torture horror and gore a plenty then you should maybe give this one a miss. The two young female leads though are fantastic, shining characters to read about. I really enjoyed the first person narration from the supposedly good sister. And letting the sisters insane story unfold upon the page you're never quite sure how things are gonna pan out ...more
Jeanine
I couldn't get through this book.. The language/dialect as written was difficult. The story made no sense to me. . I won't rate it as I couldn't get through it,
Wouter
Sep 21, 2018 rated it liked it
A story of a very very disturbed father raising his daughters to be monsters.

It was not really my kind of story. But it written very well. Very detailed. All the weird and disgustings things happening were playing in my head. The story plays with your emotions. You want to show empathy to the characters, but good luck. But the more you read the more sorry you feel for the two girls and the more hate you have for the father.

The story made me angry and put away the book for a while because "Oh no,
Maria
Oct 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: on-kindle
*i would like to thank the author for the copy provided for an honest review*

I didn’t really know what to expect but in the end i read it in couple of hours in one sitting.
It has a great balance of things: it has just enough plot and just enough character development/backstory, just enough setup, just enough unexpected turns, and the end i was kinda hoping for all along.
I wanted to turn around and do other things while i was reading it, because some moments were a little too gorey for me, but
Sue Diamond
Deborah Boyer
Sep 14, 2018
Jennifer Bradley
Oct 18, 2018
Sean is an author from Edinburgh in Scotland. He spent most of his childhood and teenage years on the move with his Scottish and Irish Parents (No, they weren't bank robbers lol ) growing up in the likes of Cyprus, Germany, Wales and England, as an army brat.

With a keen interest in both reading and writing, he was diagnosed with the travel and writing bugs very early on in life. Now, writing, trav