Start by marking “My 90s Boy Band Boyfriend (Teen Queens #2)” as Want to Read:
My 90s Boy Band Boyfriend (Teen Queens #2)

My 90s Boy Band Boyfriend

(Teen Queens #2)

Teenage singer Oakley Marsden is having a rough week. Pop-star Hudson’s rough week is twenty-three years long

Sixteen-year-old Oakley just wants to win a spot on TV’s The Next Radio Star. But when her bad audition goes viral, going back to school is a nightmare.

Even more humiliating, she discovers her own mother was a boy band groupie. Cringe. And Mom still has a thin
Published August 30th 2018

To ask other readers questions about My 90s Boy Band Boyfriend, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My 90s Boy Band Boyfriend

Start your review of My 90s Boy Band Boyfriend (Teen Queens #2)
Katie W
(4.5 Stars) I was a teen in the 90s and boy, did this book take me back to those days...the days of boy bands, big curly hair, and baggie jeans. Oakley learns a lot about her mom's obsession with a certain lead singer of the band Girl Crazy, who supposedly died in a plane crash 23 years ago, when she tries out for a singing competition. When said guy, Hudson Oaks, shows up, everything gets a little crazy--hormones, danger, and a hidden mystery.

Although this story isn't completely believable (hel
Julie Carpenter
4.5*

Time for a blast from the past! I had a lot of fun reading this book. I loved all the references to 90s music and culture. I had some pretty good laughs every time I came across a reference from that time. My favorite (probably because commercials and real tv, having to wait for an episode each week, is pretty much unknown by much of the younger generations-especially my daughters) was Hudson Oaks (the main male character) quoting the Life cereal commercial. Ha! I laughed out loud and realiz
Pascale
Aug 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
11:11 Time Wave

When superstition and paranormal activity meet... I was confused 🤷🏽‍♀️ at the beginning of the story, totally not understanding what was going on. It’s normal. Stick with it. It gets better. I promise. Cute, clean, romantic story. I like it and recommend it. It’s for a younger audience (teen/YA) but I enjoyed it and I haven’t been in that age category for many years so it’s suitable for all audiences. I won’t give a summary of the story because it would give away too much. The sto
Cathy
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book had me hooked from the very beginning. I loved the way you see things from Hudson’s perspective in the prologue. The accident was rough, but knowing what happened before the accident was central to a lot of the plot. I loved the way Hudson was a nice guy. He ends up being a bit confused because he’s lost so much time. The world has moved on without him and things are much different than before his accident. Luckily he finds Oakley and she’s able to help him.

Oakley is just your normal h
Maria Thomas
This book is definitely written for YA and I am far beyond that age range but once I got a little ways into the book I began to enjoy it, even at my age. In the beginning I thought Oakley was an obnoxious teen but that didn't last too long. Then I liked her quite a bit. She is a pretty responsible person actually. And I like that she handled being bullied so well.

I also liked Hudson. He was just a good kid. And he handled his unusual circumstances well too.

I liked that Oakley began to really a
Paula Bothwell
My 90s Boy Band Boyfriend: A YA Time Travel Rockstar Romance (Teen Queens Book 2) - PG
Violence: foul play alluded to, no details
Language: no bad language
Sex: no sex, a couple of sweet kisses

This was different from the Jennifer Griffith books I have read before; it was more "kid lit" than the clean contemporary romance I'm used to from her. But the story is cute and I liked the nerdy slant and depth of the H and h. Definitely recommend for middle/high school-aged, or for those of us who enjoy cle
Jillian
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love books about musicians! Hudson was really cool and lived his music. Then you have Oakley who was destined to like Hudson simply because her mom had been like an uber fan and raised her on his music. Throw in some time travel and 11:11 wishes and you have a roller coaster ride of a book. It was fun and silly and teenage me would have definitely given this book a 5 star review. Adult me got a little confused with the silliness at the beginning and so I’m giving it 4-1/2 stars.

The story had s
S B
Jul 06, 2020 rated it liked it
A journey

There is so much to unpack. The story was definitely fun and intriguing. Oakley was a skeptic and an old soul. Hudson was just a sweet, charming guy. I feel like the ending is really ambiguous, but maybe that's just me.

I will say, though I enjoyed the story, there was a lot of repetition. That just kept going. It made it more challenging to follow the dialogue with several pages in between characters speaking.

I also took off a star for the whole Derek/Sherm/Stacy thing. This just ange
Jessie
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

I'm a little fuzzy on how the time travel works, but teen pop sensation, Hudson Oaks, escapes dying in a plane crash with his band, Girl Crazy, only to find himself in 2018. Oakley Marsden finds him dehydrated and exhausted on the street and assumes he's a drug addict. Still, she offers him food, and he ends up coming to her home. Her mom, who was an obsessive fan of Girl Crazy, recognizes him immediately and takes him in. Oakley is a little harder to convince.

Despite the weirdness of l
Heather Green
Sep 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
A fun time travel mystery. This was probably written more for teens, but I loved it. It was clean. No language. No sex. I didn't expect the mystery aspect. I loved the focus on having courage to go for your dreams no matter what others try to tell you. I liked how wholesome and respectful Hudson was. He was good inside and out. That made people going crazy for him more believeable. There were some things I didn't like. The whole shoe thing bugged me. I didn't like that she based her whole abilit ...more
Lacy
Oct 19, 2018 rated it did not like it
Super slow

I read Super Daisy by Jennifer Griffith, it was silly and cute, so I was looking forward to another book. Not the same quality. I can't even list all the ways I found this book annoying, or how many times I rolled my eyes.
Shoe girl?! That's one of the least clever insults I've ever heard. I know it's a clean book, which I appreciate, but come on.
Most the time in books, there are short conversations and all the sudden hours have passed (weird). In this book, long, long conversations ha
Regina
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a super-fun (and clean) YA romance with some time travel and a mystery thrown into the mix. I can imagine that even though the main characters are teenagers, it's probably even funnier when you "were there" in the '90s... :D
I loved the cast of characters, especially Oakley and Hudson, but also their friends and family (Stacey! Sherm!).
Kaitlin Landen
Oct 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
In honor of this book, I would like to share this lyric re-write: Hey I just met you, and this is crazy. Im from the 90s. Time travel baby! And everbody's mom tried to date me. But heres my number. So call me maybe!
Shauna  K. Spencer
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My dream!

I don't usually like time travel books, but this one just brings me back to my youth! So fun to hear the mom & daughter connect from the realization that Mom's were young once too! The hot 90's boy band star was too good to be true, but he was!!
Shash
Sep 12, 2018 rated it liked it
The 90s were my high school and college years, and oh, did the references in this book take me back! The story was fun, and the time travel twist was done well. It dragged in the middle for me, though, and felt a bit repetitive at times. Overall, I enjoyed the book, but have liked others by Jennifer Griffith better.

I received a complimentary copy of the book, which I voluntarily reviewed. I have given my honest opinion.
Pam
Nov 09, 2019
Jenny
Oct 13, 2018
Apr 01, 2019
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
Oct 06, 2018
Hall
Oct 03, 2018
Karah
Feb 16, 2019

• The Quarterback and the Ballerina (The Ballerina Academy, #1)
  • The Running Back and the Prima Donna (The Ballerina Academy, #2)
  • Remembering the Cowboy: A Contemporary Christian Romance (Blackwater Ranch Book 1)
  • Tomboys Don't Kiss The Quarterback (How To Date A Tomboy Book 2)
  • Her Football Star Ex (A Second Chance for the Rich and Famous #3)
  • Talk Derby to Me
  • The Perfect Play (Rosemont High Baseball #1)
  • His Redemption (A McKnight Family Romance Book 3)
  • Promise Me Forever (Sweet Beginnings Book 3)
  • Piece by Piece (Rumor Has It, #5)
  • The Prideful Billionaire: A Pride & Prejudice Inspired Sweet Romance (Port St. Austen Billionaire's Club Book 3)
  • Memories of You: A Sweet, Memory Loss, Military Romance (San Diego Marines Book 5)
  • Beneath a Summer Sky
  • A Love So True (The Billionaires of Sawgrass, #3)
  • Falling for Zeke (Stryker Security Force #1)
  • Island Dreams: A Clean Short Read (Vacation Romance Book 1)
  • Paper Cranes (Fairytale Twist, #1)
Do you love free e-books? Check out my website to see how to get a free copy of my book ASKED & ANSWERED. http://authorjennifergriffith.com

I love a story that ends with a kiss, whether it's a book or a movie. That's the big payoff! So that's the kind of books I like to write, and I call my style "cotton candy for the soul"-- light, sweet, gone. We all need a little escape from reality for a while

Teen Queens (2 books)
  • Super Daisy  (Teen Queens)

News & Interviews