Start by marking “My 90s Boy Band Boyfriend (Teen Queens #2)” as Want to Read:
My 90s Boy Band Boyfriend (Teen Queens #2)

My 90s Boy Band Boyfriend

(Teen Queens #2)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  22 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Teenage singer Oakley Marsden is having a rough week. Pop-star Hudson’s rough week is twenty-three years long

Sixteen-year-old Oakley just wants to win a spot on TV’s The Next Radio Star. But when her bad audition goes viral, going back to school is a nightmare.

Even more humiliating, she discovers her own mother was a boy band groupie. Cringe. And Mom still has a thing f
Published August 30th 2018

To ask other readers questions about My 90s Boy Band Boyfriend, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My 90s Boy Band Boyfriend

Katie W
(4.5 Stars) I was a teen in the 90s and boy, did this book take me back to those days...the days of boy bands, big curly hair, and baggie jeans. Oakley learns a lot about her mom's obsession with a certain lead singer of the band Girl Crazy, who supposedly died in a plane crash 23 years ago, when she tries out for a singing competition. When said guy, Hudson Oaks, shows up, everything gets a little crazy--hormones, danger, and a hidden mystery.

Although this story isn't completely believable (hel
Julie Carpenter
4.5*

Time for a blast from the past! I had a lot of fun reading this book. I loved all the references to 90s music and culture. I had some pretty good laughs every time I came across a reference from that time. My favorite (probably because commercials and real tv, having to wait for an episode each week, is pretty much unknown by much of the younger generations-especially my daughters) was Hudson Oaks (the main male character) quoting the Life cereal commercial. Ha! I laughed out loud and realiz
Pascale
Aug 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
11:11 Time Wave

When superstition and paranormal activity meet... I was confused 🤷🏽♀ at the beginning of the story, totally not understanding what was going on. It’s normal. Stick with it. It gets better. I promise. Cute, clean, romantic story. I like it and recommend it. It’s for a younger audience (teen/YA) but I enjoyed it and I haven’t been in that age category for many years so it’s suitable for all audiences. I won’t give a summary of the story because it would give away too much. The story
Cathy
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book had me hooked from the very beginning. I loved the way you see things from Hudson’s perspective in the prologue. The accident was rough, but knowing what happened before the accident was central to a lot of the plot. I loved the way Hudson was a nice guy. He ends up being a bit confused because he’s lost so much time. The world has moved on without him and things are much different than before his accident. Luckily he finds Oakley and she’s able to help him.

Oakley is just your normal h
Maria Thomas
This book is definitely written for YA and I am far beyond that age range but once I got a little ways into the book I began to enjoy it, even at my age. In the beginning I thought Oakley was an obnoxious teen but that didn't last too long. Then I liked her quite a bit. She is a pretty responsible person actually. And I like that she handled being bullied so well.

I also liked Hudson. He was just a good kid. And he handled his unusual circumstances well too.

I liked that Oakley began to really a
Paula Bothwell
My 90s Boy Band Boyfriend: A YA Time Travel Rockstar Romance (Teen Queens Book 2) - PG
Violence: foul play alluded to, no details
Language: no bad language
Sex: no sex, a couple of sweet kisses

This was different from the Jennifer Griffith books I have read before; it was more "kid lit" than the clean contemporary romance I'm used to from her. But the story is cute and I liked the nerdy slant and depth of the H and h. Definitely recommend for middle/high school-aged, or for those of us who enjoy cle
Jillian
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love books about musicians! Hudson was really cool and lived his music. Then you have Oakley who was destined to like Hudson simply because her mom had been like an uber fan and raised her on his music. Throw in some time travel and 11:11 wishes and you have a roller coaster ride of a book. It was fun and silly and teenage me would have definitely given this book a 5 star review. Adult me got a little confused with the silliness at the beginning and so I’m giving it 4-1/2 stars.

The story had s
Jessie
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

I'm a little fuzzy on how the time travel works, but teen pop sensation, Hudson Oaks, escapes dying in a plane crash with his band, Girl Crazy, only to find himself in 2018. Oakley Marsden finds him dehydrated and exhausted on the street and assumes he's a drug addict. Still, she offers him food, and he ends up coming to her home. Her mom, who was an obsessive fan of Girl Crazy, recognizes him immediately and takes him in. Oakley is a little harder to convince.

Despite the weirdness of l
Heather Green
Sep 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
A fun time travel mystery. This was probably written more for teens, but I loved it. It was clean. No language. No sex. I didn't expect the mystery aspect. I loved the focus on having courage to go for your dreams no matter what others try to tell you. I liked how wholesome and respectful Hudson was. He was good inside and out. That made people going crazy for him more believeable. There were some things I didn't like. The whole shoe thing bugged me. I didn't like that she based her whole abilit ...more
Lacy
Oct 19, 2018 rated it did not like it
Super slow

I read Super Daisy by Jennifer Griffith, it was silly and cute, so I was looking forward to another book. Not the same quality. I can't even list all the ways I found this book annoying, or how many times I rolled my eyes.
Shoe girl?! That's one of the least clever insults I've ever heard. I know it's a clean book, which I appreciate, but come on.
Most the time in books, there are short conversations and all the sudden hours have passed (weird). In this book, long, long conversations ha
Kaitlin Landen
Oct 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
In honor of this book, I would like to share this lyric re-write: Hey I just met you, and this is crazy. Im from the 90s. Time travel baby! And everbody's mom tried to date me. But heres my number. So call me maybe!
Shauna  K. Spencer
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My dream!

I don't usually like time travel books, but this one just brings me back to my youth! So fun to hear the mom & daughter connect from the realization that Mom's were young once too! The hot 90's boy band star was too good to be true, but he was!!
Jenny
Oct 13, 2018
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
Oct 06, 2018
Kathy
Lynda Dickson
Kim
Sep 25, 2018
Do you love free e-books? Check out my website to see how to get a free copy of my book ASKED & ANSWERED. http://authorjennifergriffith.com

I love a story that ends with a kiss, whether it's a book or a movie. That's the big payoff! So that's the kind of books I like to write, and I call my style "cotton candy for the soul"-- light, sweet, gone. We all need a little escape from reality for a w

Teen Queens (2 books)
  • Super Daisy  (Teen Queens)