Start by marking “Armor of Aletheia (Sacred Armor Trilogy Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Armor of Aletheia (Sacred Armor Trilogy Book 1)

Armor of Aletheia

(Sacred Armor Trilogy #1)

The death of the king sets in motion a chain of events that change Karina’s life forever. Thrust out of the royal city, she must leave her world behind to seek out the Armor of Elohim in order to save the very people who now hunt her.

Meanwhile, the opportunistic warlock waiting to unleash hell knows Elohim has already chosen his warrior, so he sends his own bounty hunter
Published August 30th 2018 by Elk Lake Publishing, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Armor of Aletheia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Armor of Aletheia

Start your review of Armor of Aletheia (Sacred Armor Trilogy Book 1)
Deborah O'Carroll
Such an enjoyable book! It seems like it’s been awhile since I’ve read a really classic-feeling Epic Fantasy quest novel, so this one hit the spot nicely! I love how it felt classic, but also had some new twists that I didn’t see coming. I particularly loved the world in this one! There are elves and dragons and shapeshifters and a griffin and a talking (ish) horse, and scary wolf-like things called lupens. I also loved the wintry feel and the different places, both gorgeous and scary, that the ...more
Laura A. Grace
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So many things to say about this phenomenal story!

It reminded me why I love Christian fiction so much and how long it's been since I read a story that impacted me in this way. The obvious and I feel blatant truths woven through this story is exactly what I needed. Not only that, but Karina's struggles with fear and worth hit me right in the heart. There were numerous places I highlighted because it's like she had taken the words right out of my mouth!

Because of this, the
Rachael (bluestockings_and_books)
Where do I start? I need to read the rest of the trilogy now!

I don’t read very much fantasy, but this is excellent! I like where it is heading so far and the allegory involved. The incorporation of the armor of God was a great addition to this story. While it isn’t completely related to the Bible, I think that is a good thing to keep the reader in suspense.

All in all, I enjoyed this book and will be watching for the nex one to come out.

I received a complimentary copy from the autho
Heidi Kelsch
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Such a great read! From dragons and elves, magic, kingdoms, and the Creator's quest, this book will feed your imagination and keep you turning the pages til the end! So many hidden Christian truths intertwined in the story as well about God's forgiveness, following Him at all costs, and trusting Him. The characters are well put together and from the start the reader feels connected to Karina as the story from her past collide with her present and future. Her faith is put to the test many times, ...more
Ejayen
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-fantasy
Apparently this book is re releasing and so I got an ARC.
Is this one of the most Cliche books I've read this year. Yes. Does that make it any less fun? No. I personally don't mind suddenly finding myself in a cliche fest, but I know some people prefer a warning.
Follow a Princess who isn't sure about being a leader and knows she isn't a warrior as she becomes queen and goes a dangerous quest. Here's hoping they can finally get rid of Brusho.
I did struggle at first to get into this bo
J.L. Mbewe
Dec 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dragons, griffons, and shapeshifters. Oh my!

Armor of Aletheia is a lovely read, which kept me on my toes and had me rooting for the characters. Karina would much rather become a royal healer than take on the responsibility that has been thrust upon her. When the king dies and her world is thrust into chaos, she sets out to find the armor that will help save her people.

It’s a clean, fantasy adventure story that I’m sure tweens and teens and those young at heart would enjoy. I look fo
Anna Tan
Sep 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In a classic coming-of-age style fantasy, Karina inherits the throne at the same time as a mysterious angelic-like being sends her on a quest to retrieve the "Armor of the Creator. Six sacred relics divided among the three kingdoms." Dogged by death and murder, Karina is thrust on the quest--where she's kidnapped by a bleeding heart mercenary, meets an evil warlock, and discovers a hidden gift.

Filled with lupens, elves, dragons, goblins, and other exotic creatures, Armor of Alethia is packed wi
J.F.
Nov 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved Armor of Aletheia! It's rare that I find a story that I don't want to put down and keep going back to. Karina is a ward of the King who is accused of his murder and thrown into a quest for the Creator. Tristan and everything else under the sun attempt to thwart her plans. But, Tristan has a story of his own and the Creator is in control of all.

But-there was one major issue with this story. The dreaded, "to be continued." In a way, it's actually a compliment. The more I despis
Christopher Schmitz
Ralene Burke’s Armor of Alethia is a great example of faith-based high fantasy. Burke’s primary protagonist, Karina, is relatable in many ways and the storytelling and pacing are on point. As Karina begins to discover more and more about who she is, her fixation on the nearby mountain and her high calling/destiny become more focused.
One of the bright spots of Burke’s writing is the way she interweaves familiar, Christian tropes with those concepts that any fantasy reader is acquainted with
Jessica
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Karina is a ward of the King of Aletheia and the royal healer's apprentice. Upon the king's death, Karina must leave the city and collect the pieces of the Armor of Elohim to save the realm from the approaching darkness. However, the source of this darkness knows who she is and sends out a bounty hunter to stop her. Instead, the bounty hunter decides to help Karina instead of turning her in, after all he knows all too well the evilness at work.

I greatly enjoyed the first novel in the
Don W Hunter
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was such a cool story! Giant wolves, elves, shape-shifters, and DRAGONS among other things! Engaging characters and I loved the storyline. I highly recommend it if you're looking for a great fantasy story!
Alisa Wagner
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My faith has been encouraged! Ralene Burke has created a fantasy world breathed through the heart of the Creator! Karina, the protagonist princess, is secure in her small, safe surroundings. However, Karina’s simple life diminishes when evil vs. good thrusts her into a destiny of hardship, faith and spiritual growth! Ralene’s own faith shines so brightly within the pages of this supernatural adventure and through the life of Karina and her secondary characters. I highlighted so many beautiful ge ...more
Jessica Belmont
Armor of Aletheia is a beautiful, epic Christian Fantasy that I am absolutely in love with. Ralene Burke has penned a novel that I am still thinking about after I put it down. I had a feeling this would be a good novel, however, it was an amazing novel. Everything I wanted this to be and more.

Karina is a fantastic main character. Her growth and strength is captivating to watch. Her faith is woven into the story, which is wonderful to read. The Creator and God are very parallel, and I
Chad Pettit
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
High fantasy is at its best when the story is filled with characters we can believe in, a difficult but noble path for the protagonist to take, and enough dragons and swords to keep us turning the page. Ralene Burke has accomplished that goal in this novel that begins the saga of Katrina's fantastical journey of faith.
The Christian world view was evident and the messages of faith, redemption, truth, and hope were unashamedly on display but not didactic or preachy. This is no easy feat, so
Stephanie - Adventures Thru Wonderland
*I received a copy of this book from the author. This does not affect my review.*

I struggled a bit to start this one, I had hoped to read it quickly, but it took a few good tries before I was finally pulled in, but as soon as the story picked up, and things started being explained a bit, I couldn't get enough! I really enjoyed the characters and setting, the feel of an old classic, with some new surprises and twists to add to the story, fun magical races, and plenty of colorful chara
Kara
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: got-review-copy
**ANOTHER five stars for this treasure of a book!! My fave scene is in the maze when Karina can communicate with the predators, but LOVED the whole book**

A princess healer, a family intrigue, a tragic death, and an unexpected quest...yeah, this book has all of that and MORE! From the first chapter, I was really into the reading and the more I turned the kindle pages, the more I HAD to know what happened next. There are also elves, a griffin, dragons, some nasty dwarves (or was it gob
Gretchen
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Epic Fantasy without Having to Give Up a Year of Your Life

There’s so much to love about Armor of Aketheia, but the best part is the well-paced plot. No lengthy battle scenes or rabbit trails. Every scene moves forward making it hard to put down. I don’t read a lot of fantasy, and the 4-digit page counts of many epic fantasies are one of the reasons. Burke proves a great fantasy can be tightly written.
Tristan and Karina are strong characters as well as Faramos as a villain plus supporting
Ian
Oct 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Set in a future fantasy world, the Armor of Alethia is a thoroughly enjoyable tale, clearly set up for a second story as a young lady discovers her courage against some extremely difficult odds.

Karina, is the ‘adopted’ daughter of the much loved King Pistis, who rules over the kingdom of Alethia. He is married to a troubled and ambitious wife, Lady Anaya. Karina, is the King’s niece, her father having been branded a traitor and on being discovered is killed along with her mother. The
Jane
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This Young Adult Christian Fantasy novel is fantastic. I could not put it down. Think epic fantasy along the lines of The Lord of the Rings but a little “softer.” It also reminds me a lot of The Chronicle of Narnia. Ralene Burke sprinkles paraphrased Scripture throughout the text without being preachy. The emotions and growth of the main character Karina are very real and make her a character readers will care about.
As far as the elements of fantasy, Burke did a good job of including them. Magi
Kelly
Oct 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, ya-fantasy
“Armor of Aletheia” by Ralene Burke is a new release by this Fantasy writer. It is the story of Karina, an orphan raised in a castle. But when the king dies, his wife wants Karina dead.

The Creator sends Karina on a quest, where she meets many new and interesting friends. Before her quest can be completed, however, she must return to the castle and seek help for the Temple of Aletheia, but is thrown into the dungeon.

Karina faces many obstacles and must lead in a war. The s
Hallie Szott
3.5

Beginning the Sacred Armor Trilogy, Armor of Aletheia sets Karina on a journey to find the Armor of the Creator in order to save her people. Then, in the second book, Sword of Soter, that journey continues—with a generous dose of adventure and danger, helpful friends and hurtful foes. The series proves to be quite the epic fantasy.

Though somewhat unremarkable as far as fantasy goes, Armor of Aletheia and Sword of Soter kept me entertained nonetheless. I enjoyed getting
M. Aznoe
Nov 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great read with underlying truths. I enjoyed the characters and the world Ralene Burke brought to life. I would highly recommend it for pre-teen to teenage girls and any woman who wants a lighter book to read.
Sydney
Sep 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-reads, arc-copy
What an adventurous young adult fantasy story author Ralene Burke has crafted in her novel, Armor of Aletheia. Readers will be pulled into this fun and exciting first book in the series. This novel is full of enjoyable characters and a wonderful adventure. It’s about a bounty hunter, a princess, friendship, and love. It’s about a trek and a challenge that can change everything, or cause everything to be lost. Young adult fantasy readers will be sure to enjoy this exciting new story!

S
Lauren
Aug 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Book summary:
Karina is not a warrior, and not even really a princess. She is just a healer-in-training who was taken by the king as his ward. King Pistis is the closest thing to a parent Karina has, but Queen Anaya's bitterness over her inability to have her own children has bled into her relationship with her husband's ward. When the king names Karina as the heir to the throne just before his unexpected death, Karina is forced to flee from the queen's sudden wrath.

However, the
Matt Starr
Dec 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Chad Pettit
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A journey of faith worth taking!

Bria Burton
Dec 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
This well-written story was action-packed and full of interesting characters. The protagonist was likeable and had her fair share of obstacles to overcome. The love interest starts as a rogue but changes into a follower of the Creator, and his arc is believable. Their romance is sweet.

The quest for the armor was probably the strongest portion of the story for me. I really enjoyed how the author took the armor of God from Ephesians and made it into actual items that the protagonist ne
Caroline Puerto
Jul 24, 2019
Laurin
Feb 28, 2019
Rachel Lopez
Nov 13, 2018

• Always (The Lost Princesses, #0.5)
  • Evermore (The Lost Princesses, #1)
  • The Rescue (All Roads Lead to Texas Book 1)
  • The Story Peddler (The Weaver Trilogy, #1)
  • Mark of the Raven (The Ravenwood Saga, #1)
  • Hope for Tomorrow
  • Hills of Nevermore (Montana Gold #1)
  • The Book of Secrets (Seventh Realm, #1)
  • The Story Raider (The Weaver Trilogy, #2)
  • Delayed Justice (Hidden Justice #3)
  • King's War (The Kinsman Chronicles, #3)
  • Jesus in Me: Experiencing the Holy Spirit as a Constant Companion
  • Whispers From The Depths
  • No Less Days
  • The Awakened (The Lazarus Chronicles, #1)
  • Following Jesus: Finding Our Way Home in an Age of Anxiety
  • The Titanic Secret (Isaac Bell, #11)
  • Carry Me Away (Blue Wren Shallows #2)
Whether she's wielding a fantasy writer's pen, a freelance editor's sword, or a social media wand, Ralene Burke always has her head in some dreamer's world. She spins fantastical tales to encourage people to SHINE BEYOND.

When her head's not in the publishing world, she is wife to a veteran and homeschooling mama to their three kids. Her Pinterest board would have you believe she is a master chef,

Sacred Armor Trilogy (2 books)
  • Sword of Soter (Sacred Armor Trilogy 2)