Start by marking “For Fox Sake (The Chaos of Foxes #1)” as Want to Read:
For Fox Sake (The Chaos of Foxes #1)

For Fox Sake

(The Chaos of Foxes #1)

What do you do when you're outfoxed?

Kenzie is the only non-witch in her family. When her younger sister's powers end up stripped from her, Kenzie promises to find a way to get them back - after all she has a very specific set of skills after trying to make up for not having any powers of her own.

When Kenzie finds something to restore her sister's powers, the only way t
Published August 26th 2018 by Independently Published

To ask other readers questions about For Fox Sake, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about For Fox Sake

Start your review of For Fox Sake (The Chaos of Foxes #1)
Alex Valyr
Sep 27, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No one
I'm absolutely astounded as to why this book currently has high ratings. As someone who absolutely adores a good paranormal romance and nearly anything to do with foxes, I was so excited to see this book appear on my Facebook newsfeed as a recommended read. After reading decent reviews, despite how new the book appears, I delved in to what I hoped would be an awesome shifter romance. Instead, I got a very elementary read that I could only force myself 10% of the way through without being disgust ...more
Gaby★Me Myshelf and I★
What better excuse for excessive foxy gifs than a book about fox shifters

As you’d expect from a book called “For Fox Sake” this was fun and ok maybe wasn’t the most well written thing I’ve ever read but it did suck me in. It was funny, cute and the FMC kicks butt!

Kenzie is a witch with no powers and we meet her stealing a potion for her sister who’s lost her powers to a curse. She’s breaking into a vault with the help of her handy tech magic. She has a charm for everything, from hiding her scen
Somia
3 Ok-ish Stars

Treated like crap by all but two family members, Kenzie is the only none witch in her family, but that doesn't mean she's weak or defenceless. When her younger sister's powers end up stripped from her due to a powerful and illegal curse, Kenzie promises to find a way to get them back no matter what - she refuses to watch the sister she loves wither away. Kenzie as a specific skill set that mean she can steal what she needs without getting caught, but what she doesn't count on is 3
Aly
Fun and quick read

I had a great time reading this. Kenzie is so awesome; she loves her sister more than anything and will do whatever it takes to help her. Kenzie has been through a lot in her life and she totally deserves three gorgeous fox shifters to care for her. I liked that this wasn't insta love and took some time for the four to sort out their feelings and form a bond. I'm excited to read the sequel!
Coco.V
Jul 12, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (7/12/2019)! 🎁
❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS
I really enjoyed this book. I think it was a good start to the trilogy. It reminded me a bit of the Kit Davenport series as Kenzie is a badass bitch in her own right even though she has ZERO powers. Goodness I can’t believe the hell shes been through I mean for years her family literally Tortured her, yes her own family, all to get her powers to manifest. I cannot fathom this but I have mucho respect for her because she keeps her bodies’ scars more to serve as a constant reminder of their wicked ...more
Felicia
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was SO DAMN GOOD. I'm so happy I picked it up! :D

This reminded me so much of the Kit Davenport series, which is my favorite RH ever. So I had high expectations for this book. I was so worried it wouldn't live up but it did and then some! There were definitely some things I liked about this book that were done differently in Kit. In Kit, her guys almost instantly fall for her. In this story, everyone's hesitant. Even though they all know their mates they are all still questioning the bond an
Megan
Finnick
Selene
----------------------------------
What happens?
Kenzie is a powerless witch. She is trying to save her sister from dying of having no power when she should. During her planned heist to steal a potion to give her sister powers back she is interrupted and robbed of the potion by 3 foxes that have some allure she doesn't want to ignore.
It turns out t
Danielle (Danniegurl)
This was a really cute book. Kenzie is a great character she is funny she is smart she is witty and really enjoyable to read. I think the premise of the story is pretty interesting and I was fascinated by the whole fox plot line and their little cute sayings or puns. Overall I really enjoyed the book it’s somewhat slow paced but then fast paced and it definitely ended on a cliffhanger because the story wasn’t finished so I’m going in the book 2 right now. I definitely like the three fox shifters ...more
Mummy's Naughty Corner
Well there were good parts of the story, a few questions left over but hopefully they'll be explained in the other books. Grandma is funny and I like the world. Everyone seems to have a strong personality but it works well. Interested to see if Bradley gets whats coming to him.
Chrissy
Great Reverse Harem Urban Fantasy

This author is new to me and I just downloaded this book based on the blurb. I’m really glad I did because it was a very enjoyable read.

Kenzie is a witch who was born without power. Treated abysmally by her coven, she has only ever loved two members of her family, she’s either ignored or berated by the rest.

Whilst Kenzie has no magic, she is incredibly intelligent and physically fit with many martial arts under her belt. She overcompensated for being without powe
Missy Brown
Sep 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In the same world as Spotter Her First, For Fox Sake is about Kenzie. She is on a mission to get a potion. She just may meet her mates on said mission. Kenzie will do anything for her sister, which makes me love her more, and i thoroughly enjoyed her first meeting with Hunter, Ash and Finnick. With a great plot and great characters this is going to be a fun series.
Michele Moore
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book!

Amazingly well written, fantastic world building, strong characters with twisty pasts... Just overall awesome. I can’t wait to read book 2.
Jodie
Feb 15, 2020 marked it as skimmed  ·  review of another edition
I tend to skim this genre - reverse haram - I’m intrigued by the idea, but have never really found one I’ve liked.
Jessica Robbins
Aug 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-kindle

Dean has done it yet again with her incredible world building and characters you can grow to love. We meet Kenzie a witch with no powers yet she still has some truly awesome skills. She attempts to steal an important potion when she is out smarted by three wily yet hot fox shifters. What follows is hilarious as they all outfox one another in constant battle while essentially falling in love at the same t
Kennedy Mitchell
Loved it! Can’t wait to read book 2!
Sionna
I loved this series -- the whole thing. I might have had a few problems with it here and there, but I'm glad I gave it a chance. Also, I'm a huge fan of foxes and I'm glad we got other shifters besides wolves.
Loved it so much I read the two standalones in the same world and am dying to get started on the other series. Why haven't I? I'm worried I'll end up in a mini-slump again when I can't read the whole series in one sitting.
LeeAnn
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Sydney
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazingly well written!

This is the first book I've read from this author and, based on this book, I'll definitely be checking out her other works. For Fox Sake is funny, action-packed, emotional, and sexy as hell. The characters are well defined and develop well throughout the story. The book is also extremely creative in blending magic and technology for innovative uses. Really looking forward to book 2!
Jenn
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved the story!

I love loved Kenzie and her triad of foxes. Not to mentioned her love and devotion to her sister. The world building of the witches and shifters is great and the villain, Brad, a faceless danger. I still wonder about the tiger shifter and if he was being truthful with the mate bond. Cannot wait for the next book!
Beth
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

What happens when a magic less witch is the mate of three foxes? I loved this. The dynamic between the group is exciting. I love how crafty and cunning the fox shifters are and how perfectly Kenzie fits in with them. The world that's been created is consuming and I would give this more than 5 stars if I could.
Krystal
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this cover! I have a soft spot for some fox! Throw in a few more and hotness to go around! Gotta love a strong fm mc getting to keep them all to herself! Dig in!
Sydney
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Shocked stars

I honestly thought I was probably going to hate this book. I was only intrigued by the name and this weird need I had to read about fox shifters. The fact that the blurb left so much to be desired is kind of annoying.

I love all of the characters. The ones your supposed to like at least.

The men:

Ash- While we didn’t really get much from him, in backstory or personality, I still liked his character. He’s a little over shadowed by Hunter and Finnick, since they’re both kind of oppo
Mary
Really good series. The plot (i.e. the main villain and her finding and building a relationship with the 3 fox shifters) spans all three books. I wouldn’t say that it ends in cliffhangers, per se, but the plot does remain unsolved at the end of each book, so you will want to roll right over into the next one.

The three fox shifters are great characters. They’re all a bit damaged in different ways and of course our girl helps them heal and work through their issues, and they help her out in turn.
Nancy
3,5 Stars, solid performance for first instalment

The novel is a spin-off from another novel, however, it can also be read as a standalone.
During a heist to retrieve a potion from one of the strongest alphas for the sake of her sister, our heroine encounters mercenary foxes, who steals her stolen potion from her. Quickly turns out that those three foxes are her mates and vice-versa.

The characters are likeable, from the heroine and her harem, to the secondary characters, such as her sister and
Kayla Pipkin
Nov 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I started this book, I got major Kit Davenport feels.
I'm not sure if that was intentional or not, but that's how I felt.
I think it would certainly draw in that crowd though.
There is a bit of information I was confused on, but it's not super important to the story so I just let it go (it deals with the sister).

Kenzie was born with no powers in a powerful witch family.
When her younger sister is cursed by a jealous jerk, Kenzie is the only one with the skills to help her.
Unfortunately, th
CoullCat
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great writing, witches, sexy shifters, revenge and a heroine with a bit of an edge, what’s not to like about For Fox Sake. Dean has a way of managing to cram so much into her books without making it feel cramped or hurried. Her characters are vivid and varied and she pens them with a confidence that comes through when reading her work.

Kenzie has a bit of a sad past but she is confident in who she is and is very likeable, her ability to survive no matter what while keeping her humour and wit is c
Conffessions Of A Reading Addict
The Series
I really love this series. I love how the reverse harem is spread out over three books so we really get to see the relationship develop. Only the first two have been released and I am anxiously awaiting the third book!

My Thoughts
These three foxes and Kenzie are fated to be together but that doesn’t mean they will choose each other. This book has some instant interest but everyone seems hesitant and not sure if they want to develop the mate bond. I love how developed the characters are
~QuitaBoo~
Concept was good. Execution was mediocre.

I usually am fine with Mary Sue heroines as long as the author executes the storyline and character interaction well enough without making it so unbelieveable. This heroine did not fit that bill. It was really unbelieveable how capable this young lady is, yet when she got interactive that same capability was absent. I understand that she needed to have flaws to counter her genius, but it made everything seem redundant to me. How can you be so well traine
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
YA Buddy Readers'...: For Fox Sake #1 by Emma Dean- Starting January 5th 2020 18 17 Jan 07, 2020 01:05PM

• Blindly Indicted (Paranormal Prison)
  • First Moon (Lovin' the Coven #1)
  • The Wolf At My Door (Pack Heat, #1)
  • The Darkness We Crave (Together We Fall, #1)
  • Kissed by Wildfire (The Cimmerian Cage, #1)
  • Academy of Six (Origins of the Six, #1)
  • A Tail of Woah (The Fox and the Hounds #1)
  • Reaper's Pack (All the Queen's Men, #1)
  • A Torn Paige (Hidden Kingdom Trilogy #1)
  • Newly Undead In Dark River (Dark River Days, #1)
  • Witch, Please (Not Your Basic Witch, #1)
  • Grave Mistakes (Hellgate Guardians, #1)
  • Restless Spirit (Hell Hounds Harem, #1)
  • Baby & the Late Night Howlers (Sweet Omegaverse #1)
  • Wolf Tamer (Claiming My Pack #1)
  • Of Wolves and Witches (Arcane Arts Academy #1)
  • The Reclamation (Shadowed Wings, #3)
  • The Bloodwood Academy Shifter: Semester One (The Bloodwood Academy #1)

The Chaos of Foxes (3 books)
  • All Foxed Up  (The Chaos of Foxes, #2)
  • What the Fox (The Chaos of Foxes, #3)

News & Interviews