Start by marking “Take Down (Open Wounds #2)” as Want to Read:
Take Down (Open Wounds #2)

Take Down

(Open Wounds #2)

Two men.

Harbor "the Viking" Rourke is known for being a badass inside and outside the cage. His life revolves around working to win the MMA Middleweight championship title, riding his Harley, and making his family proud. He doesn't have time for relationships until one anonymous hook-up has him questioning his choices and making the list of things he cares about a whole
Published August 29th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Take Down, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Take Down

Start your review of Take Down (Open Wounds #2)
Barbara➰
This was low angst and really sweet. Not toothache sweet, but just enough. There were opportunities the author could have taken to add the kind of unnecessary drama I hate, but she didn’t. You gotta appreciate that sometimes.

Harbor and Theo are a great couple. Their relationship started out unconventionally but so freaking hot. Neither can forget the other. I loved their text messages back and forth.

I’m looking forward to more in this series.
Anne Boleyn's Ghost
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
I’m kind of digging Michelle Frost’s Open Wounds series. It doesn’t reinvent the wheel, but it is sexy and sweet. 3.5 stars rounded up.

Take Down begins with our two leads getting down. The hot and heavy hook-up between aspiring MMA fighters Harbor and Theo was supposed to be meaningless, but it stirred them deeply and persisted in their memories. When the two men are reunited in the ring, they find that they can’t stay away outside it.

Take Down featured more steam than its predecessor, and the feelings between Harbor/>Take/>Take
Chris
Sep 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: lgbtq
A sweet low angst MMA storyline... this was a great follow up from book 2 and I’ll certainly continue with the series as it develops. There’s lots of love to go around !
Mwanamali
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A lesson in consumerism

Perfectly set up in a way to reduce unnecessary angst. Makes you root for the sexy AF main characters while introducing secondary characters that make you curious enough to purchase the fourth book. Colour me capitalist. On to Book 3.
AussieMum
Sep 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Reread August 2019
With book 4 due out in a week I’m enjoying my Reread of this series.

Original Review
This was a solid 4 star sequel. With a much better storyline and fleshed out romance than the first one and just the right amount of low-angst and sweetness, this sucked me in. What I didn't like was the so-obvious-it's-annoying setting up of the next couple of books, but you tend to get that a lot these days. Either way I'm enjoying this series and look forward to the next one.
Amanda
Sep 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a great read! It was sweet without killing my teeth and there really was no angst with the MCs. There were points to where the author could have made issues but it was all handled with communication and making sure they were in it TOGETHER!

4.25 stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐
SoCalBookReviews
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

This book was H.O.T.

I am really impressed how the author gives us such great stories but doesn’t incorporate too much unnecessary drama and angst. This book was wonderful, had just the right amount of conflict with some sweet and emotion driven scenes mixed in. So far in each of the books we get some sexy and strong characters, not just physically strong either, overall they are just really solid guys inside and out. I have been dying to get my hands on more of t
Erin
Sep 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mma-or-fighters, m-m, 2018
I thoroughly enjoy this series... eager for the next!
~nikki the recovering book addict
Another win!

This was light on the angst, although I was expecting some epic angst but it turned out well that it was light in angst actually.

I typically roll my eyes when a book opens up with a hookup happening between the two main MCs but I think I can grudgingly say this hookup trope was done well. I wouldn’t say done right because I still think it’s cliche as hell but...this was alright 🧐

I did not see this pairing coming but it was sweet! I wish the books were longer because
JenMcJ
Oct 14, 2018 rated it liked it
This was better than the first book but still didn't totally engage me. I found some of the premise (like the lack of social media for a rising MMA star) to be unbelievable as well as the outcome of their rising ranks and outing. The big Vidar/Rourk mystery was weird too.

Lelyana
Aug 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, from-author, arc, mm, fighter
Don't get intimidated by the badass cover. Sure it's a gorgeous cover, and Harbor is that beautiful. No wonder Theo can't get enough of him! The guy in the cover tho? It's all Harbor!
Started as usual hookup place and found out that Theo is an instagram celebrity and a fighter, Harbor fought himself not to get involve with him. But their chemistry said otherwise, and they can't fight the feeling of wanting each other, like all the time.
I was glad that even though this is a story about figh
Alex (HEABookNerd)
**FAVORITE READ**

Series: Open Wounds #2
Rating: 5 stars - loved it!

Harbor Rourke never expected his one night stand to show up at his family's tattoo shop/gym or that Theo Smith would be a fellow MMA fighter. When both Harbor and Theo are announced as competitors for the MMA Middleweight Championship, Harbor is forced to confront his feelings for Theo.

"I’m passing guard and getting into a better position, and I’m hoping you want me here, because I’m in. You understand me? In your life, in your bed, and
/>
/>Harbor/>/>
Patrice Leonard
This one was okay. The first book in this series, even with it's way to young MC's, was better IMO.
I adored Harbor but didn't really gel with Theo. I don't know. I just felt that he wasn't a great match for Harbor. I didn't like them together, I suppose.
Anyway, I'm going to go ahead and continue this series. At least with the next book. We finally get Rory and Magnus' story. I really am ready to find out what all that drama is about. I just hope it's uber angsty for the sake of angst. I g
Tanya
Aug 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Each book in this series just gets more intriguing for the next couple.

Harbor and Theo are an amazing couple. From supporting each other to learning from each other. Not only do they break down their walls and let each other in but communication between these teo is rarely seen in books.

I am intrigues to see where the Rory & Magnus, Niko & Vidar and maybe even hopefully Luca and Alex will get stories.
DTM
Sep 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Oh yeah..I just powered through Michelle Frost's Carry and Drag and Take Down (Open Wounds #1/#2 KU) and I am totally digging these reads....Well written, relatively short stories....sexy hot, sweet, MMA gym, tattoo shop, family of brothers, a little action and hot dayum..all great stuff....One additional thing I loved is that book 2 starts exactly where book 1 ends but with a new couple... I'm dying to read Magnus and Rory's story and then Vi and Niko's after that!!
Ashley
Harbor and Theo's story was sweet, steamy, and oh so good. I really loved how these two built each other up and encouraged each other, even when they were fighting against each other.

I am really interested in seeing what is going on between Rory and Magnus. The sparks and tension has been there since the first book and I just need to know their story
___________________
Romanceopoly -LGBT Lane
Claudia
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Michelle Frost managed to write an even better book than the first one on this series!
Take down is so hot! Theo and Harbor are perfect together!
I love how Harbor never looked back once he assumed his attraction to Theo... And how he was always on Theo's corner.
DON'T MISS THIS AWESOME BOOK!
Becky
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this and I loved Harbor and Theo. Well written and a great cast of characters that simultaneously enable you to enjoy this book as well as build the anticipation of books to come.
Tina
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing

4,5 stars.
Kaila
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
omg i love love love love love this.. i loved that they didn't throw things because of love.. (not spoiling here lol) i love that these brothers are getting their hea.. i cannot wait to see who is next and what happens.. this was perfect and i loved seeing the couple from the first book as well. amazing
Kirk
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I wanted to know more about Harbor Rourke after meeting him in the first book in the series, Carry and Drag. I’ve got a thing for big tough men who are kind of walled and off and hard to get to know and Harbor here is the perfect example.

The first chapter jumps in in a really great place and you’ve got to read it to see why. There’s so much emotion between Harbor and Theo and it just felt so real the way their attraction grew throughout the story as their relationship developed. I ad
Amy Dufera
Sep 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Take Down is the second book in the Open Wounds series by Michelle Frost.

It's an entertaining and fun romance between two MMA fighters, Habor and Theo. They had a hot hook-up back when they both didn't know who the other was. It was Harbor's first time with a man, despite knowing he's bisexual, and he definitely enjoyed it.

When they meet up again, the chemistry is still strong, and soon they end up dating and planning for a future together. They didn't plan on having to f
Kelli
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Thoroughly enjoyed this

Being an avid reader it’s often difficult to find a book that’s “just right”. Well this one is perfect! Super hotness, totally relatable, some seriously bad ass heroes, I enjoyed getting to know the Roarke clan and now am gonna backtrack to read Michelle’s first book. So glad I stumbled upon this in a Facebook group! ♥
Megan
Sep 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Both Harbor and Theo have lived for the fight. Sweat, blood, fear...none of that is going to hold them back from taking the title; but maybe love will. More than possibly facing one another in the cage, they'll have to fight through their own personal setbacks and reservations to win the future they want most.

There was so much maturity and heart from the Bad A viking that has been all caged predator, lethal intent, and fire up to this point. His loyalty to family is stellar but when
Dawn Nicole Costiera
Sep 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.25 Stars!
Michelle Frost has made me a stalker!! After I read her first book, Carry & Drag I could not wait for Take Down. I literally stalked the poor woman for a release date! Needless to say, I fell hard for all the characters in her Open Wounds series. Each guy has such a hulking presence and titillating story behind him. Dagen & Ollie's story was endearing and fun! I could not get enough of them....

I met Harbor Rourke in Carry & Drag. He is one of Dagen's brut
Joanne Mountford
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another spectacular read from a great M/M writer. When I first read Open Wounds book 1, I was hooked. Take Down is no different. I believe you could read as a standalone, but to build a better picture I would suggest you read in order. You will want to anyways, it’s so good.

Harbour, triple yummy in the MMA. He’s not the settling down type or so he has convinced himself. He has a stream of one night stands, or maybe that is even to long. It’s more a hook up, release and walk away. Great to read
Sarita Chapdelaine
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is an amazing book and I love everything about it. The first book in this series was excellent and I am so happy that Take Down is just as good. It is beautifully written, has fabulous characters and I could not put it down. I love the Rourke family dynamic and how close the brothers are. Their love for each other and their mother is inspiring. Theo and Harbor are perfect for each other but neither of them knows how to be in a relationship. It is a lot of fun watching them figure out how to ...more
Neta
Sep 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was so excited to read this book after loving the first one, Carry and Drag. Frost writs refreshing characters, breaking genre norms and is clearly well researched in MMA and martial arts. This gives the story a "real feel", substance and a nice emotional depth.

I have to say the beginning was a bit slow for me and I had some doubts about liking the book but as I got to know Theo and Harbor I got into it and really enjoyed the slow build of their relationship and how much they suppo
Nat ReadingAllNite
Nov 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Excellent sequel

I really enjoyed this one and much like the first book, I really enjoyed how the author builds up possibilities for conflict within the relationship but doesn’t take it into needless drama. Both Harbor and Theo were the hit it and quit it types, Harbor with limited experience with men, when they have their first anonymous encounter. Meeting again when Theo gets a tattoo, they begin a online flirtation and a slower buildup to admitting to actual feelings.

I really li
Terri
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved book one, Carry and Drag, so I was excited to read about the next Rourke brother finding his HEA. Harbor was convinced that he would never be part of a relationship. He even had a 'no repeat' rule regarding hookups. Theo Smith was one of those hookups. Theo was a man without family, who fought against letting anyone get too close. Fortunately for both men, they were destined to be together.
I loved these men! They turned a hot and sexy fling into a sweet and beautiful romance. They
« previous 1 3 next »

• Shades of Darkness (Trials of Fear, #2)
  • James—Uncontrollable (Man Up #4)
  • Guarding His Melody (Enhanced World)
  • The Blueprint (Rules of Possession, #1)
  • Knowing Me, Knowing You (Loving You, #4)
  • Ricochet (Out for Justice #1)
  • Electric Sunshine (Brooklyn Boys #1)
  • Shades
  • Sub Mission (Sub Mission #1)
  • First Light (Heartsville, #2)
  • Alaska  (Sawyer's Ferry, #1)
  • Undercover (Undercover #1)
  • A Little Bit like Desire (South Haven, #2)
  • Oz (Finding Home, #1)
  • Sight and Sinners (Men of London, #2)
  • Fired Up (Fever Falls, #1)

Open Wounds (5 books)
  • Carry and Drag (Open Wounds, #1)
  • Matched Intensity (Open Wounds #3)
  • Age Rules (Open Wounds #3.5; Breaking the Rules #5)
  • Vidar (Open Wounds, #4)