Start by marking “Proof of Collusion: How Trump Betrayed America” as Want to Read:
Proof of Collusion: How Trump Betrayed America

Proof of Collusion: How Trump Betrayed America

For the first time, the full, explosive record of the unthinkable: how a US president compromised American foreign policy in exchange for financial gain and covert election assistance.

Looking back at this moment, historians will ask if Americans knew they were living through the first case of criminal conspiracy between an American presidential candidate turned commander i
Published November 13th 2018 by Simon Schuster

To ask other readers questions about Proof of Collusion, please sign up.
Jekyblue Oh honestly. You obviously didn't READ the Mueller Report but just accepted what the pundits told you. NOWHERE in the Mueller Report does it say there…moreOh honestly. You obviously didn't READ the Mueller Report but just accepted what the pundits told you. NOWHERE in the Mueller Report does it say there was no collusion. Mueller actually said that collusion is not a legal term and so the investigation focused on conspiracy, not collusion. READ the report folks. It is ENTIRELY readable (for free) and you will learn that the media and members of Congress (on both sides of the aisle) are reporting solely the content that reflects their agendas. That is, they are reporting when they actually read it; most of them obviously have not read it. (less)

Bill  Kerwin
Dec 13, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: politics

You know that kind of board people in the movies use to keep track of the connections between suspicious people? I’m not talking about those immaculate whiteboards, where a homicide squad lists all its suspects or a government task force outlines a Mafia hierarchy. No, I’m talking about those funky, old-school cork boards, where each dog-eared photo is connected to a dozen others with thumb tacks and four distinct colors of yarn, you know, the kind used by homicidal conspiracy theorists or the o
Lilo Abernathy
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Essential Guide to Understanding Trump's Collusion
I have been avidly, and perhaps obsessively, following the Trump collusion investigation since it officially began, because, like many Americans, I was stunned by his election and the clear Russian interference into our election process. The assault on our Democracy offended me at the deepest level and my patriotic heart thrummed for justice . . . for a way to heal the wound to our nation.

The scope of the investigation, and many lines of criminal
Matt
Nov 16, 2018 added it
Shelves: unfinished
Abramson is a prominent Trump-Russia tweeter, and he cops a lot of flack. I think some of it is deserved and some of it undeserved.

From what I've seen, he has a tendency to overreach: his bias can lead him to misinterpret the record, he sometimes presents speculative or uncertain conclusions with more certainty than is warranted, and he's definitely focused on 'building a case' rather than being evenhanded. He's not the model of a disinterested truth seeker. He also presents his lazier opponent
Misfit
Dec 12, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Definitely some new factoids/author opinions here that haven't been seen in all the other books, but I did find the way the author broke down his chapters from the main 'core' of the thread, into a secondary and then a more detailed one. At least for me, that led to a lot of repetition that wore me down a bit (I'm easily worn down these days), hence I'm dropping a star off my rating.

Kindle copy obtained via library loan.
Scriptor Ignotus
Mar 24, 2019 marked it as aged-like-milk
As most US readers will surely know, Robert Mueller, head of the special counsel investigation into Russian efforts to influence the 2016 presidential election, has concluded his investigation and submitted his final report to Attorney General William Barr, recommending no further indictments and effectively (I use italics to emphasize that Mueller himself has not explicitly declared anyone to be innocent, since that's not the role of law enforcement anyway) exonerating the Trump Campaign and th ...more
H.M. Ada
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When I showed a friend the title of this book, he asked, "If there's proof of collusion, how come it's not all over the news right now?"

Abramson answers this at the very beginning of the book. First, there is no actual crime on the books called "collusion." Collusion is a popular term being thrown around to describe a much more specific set of crimes that Trump and his surrogates may have committed in connection with the Russia scandal: campaign finance violations, election fraud, wire fraud, b
James Mc Donald
Nov 21, 2018 rated it did not like it
This book is full of BS and it gets worse as you kept reading where as the real lies the author is pushing are in the last 4 chapters of the book. Just a couple examples noted below.

Location 5400, the author forgot to point out McCabe was fired because Horowitz's report (the IG report) was referred to the FBI's office of professional responsibility who recommend it and THEN Sessions booted him out on the street. The author forgot to tell you this.

Location 5365, Ohr, an associate attorney general
Charlene
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have been avidly following Seth's addictive and scathing Trump tweets for years and could not wait to get my hands on this book. Abramson's book is definitely the most up to date, well researched, and comprehensive book on Trump's many crooked dealings. The events alone are damning, but when all the events are put into a sweeping narrative, as laid out in this book, there is no doubt about corruption going on at the highest levels. This is a must read for any citizen of America. If you have to ...more
Ryan
Nov 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Mostly a review for anyone following Trump-Russia for the last two years. However, the enormous amount of documented evidence all in one place creates a devastating timeline of Trump's culpability.
Stephen Kowalkowski
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Abramson delivers an incredible synthesis of the currently available information in what will be viewed as the most important journalistic piece of our time. What remains to be seen is how his twitter feed will affect the journalistic landscape and the role of the independent journalist in the digital era.
Amy
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Bigger than Watergate, this is a phenomenal book about the inner deals the Trumps are making at the expense of our country's democracy. Could not put it down.
R.S. Gompertz
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: history
Harvard Law graduate and former Public Defender Seth Abramson's "Proof of Collusion" is a thorough and well organized treatise on the 2016 Trump team's collusion with foreign powers.

Where Robert Woodward's very worthwhile "FEAR" reads more like a novel, "Proof of Collusion" is a reference book that connects every known publicly available bit of information on Team Trump's activities and statements. These two very readable books make excellent companion pieces.

Missing is the financial paper trai
Bettie
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Opening: THE TRUMP-RUSSIA INVESTIGATION MAY BE the most multifaceted, wide-ranging, high-stakes federal criminal investigation in American history. It crosses continents and decades and has swept into its vortex more than four hundred people, millions of pages of financial records, and scores of unanswered questions about the state of our democracy. It has already resulted in dozens of indictments and a host of guilty pleas and prison sentences. If President Trump colluded with Kremlin agents to ...more
Ryan Gainey
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you want to know exactly what Trump did and why he is under investigation this is a great assembly of all the relevant info. Everyone around him is probably going to jail. And they should.
Michael DeCaprio
Shelves: 2018
One heck of a chest sheet for the current nonsense. Entire story curated from reporting already done- Abramsom just pulls it together into a compelling believable narrative.
Lilo Abernathy
Nov 24, 2018 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Essential Guide to Understanding Trump's Collusion

The scope of the investigation, and many lines of criminal
Thing Two
Feb 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
A well-researched, well-documented, vetted and reviewed accounting of the Trump campaign and the illegal Russian, Saudi, etc., influences upon it. Seth Abramson is a professor of journalism at UNH, and has a law degree from Yale. I’ve been following the author on twitter for two years. His coverage is measured and thorough. Everything he says in this book is sourced with publicly available information. If you want to get up to speed on what has happened to the US under Trump, this is the book. R ...more
Grant
Nov 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
In what is by far the most comprehensive dive into the publicly known facts behind the Trump/Russia ties, Abramson delivers incredibly well referenced research on just how the Trump campaign colluded with Putin's Russia in order to influence the 2016 election and beyond. Although at times Seth draws conclusions that aren't 100% provable, he's never out of the realm of it being highly likely and has an extensive list of footnotes to back up his points. Once Mueller releases his report we'll know ...more
Dennis Cuffel
Dec 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I gave this 5 Stars more for the importance of the content.

Some might find the book a little difficult to follow with the dozens of names and characters. Seth Abramson did an amazing job of collecting years of publicly available facts (interviews - TV, radio, print; Twitter and other social medial accounts) that come directly from Trump and those in his orbit.

If Seth Abramson has this much data, the amount of information that Mueller has must be mind-boggling.
Cathy
Shelves: non-fiction
Devastating and utterly convincing

I highly recommend Proof of Collusion. Seth Abramson has harnessed his incredible attention to detail and command of the facts to present a devastating and utterly convincing argument that Trump and his administration colluded with Russia to win the presidency.
Kate
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Seth meticulously connects the dots via venerable news reporting, creating a timeline for interactions between Trump, his organization and his campaign, and Russia. It paints a damning picture of Trump's betrayal of America and its 242-year-old Democracy, in the pursuit of self-enrichment.
Jim
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lays it all out - the meetings, the associations, all the connections you need to follow the coming end of the Trump presidency. Which can't happen soon enough. Thoroughly researched with amazing footnotes - it's all there.
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Seth Abramson's sets out the publicly known facts on 'collusion' in a methodical, logical and enlightening way. A must read.
Therese
Nov 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Seth Abramson, whose book, Proof of Collusion (Simon and Schuster, Nov., 2018), everyone should read. Its premise is that Trump et al. not only colluded (an umbrella term encompassing many different crimes) with Russia, but with KSA, Qatar, the UAE, and Israel before the election in quid pro quo agreements, and we are watching those agreements play out today. This is especially important to know because Jamal Khashoggi’s brutal assassination and the genocide in Yemen and Syria are wrapped up in ...more
Tom Williams
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Abramson compiles the publicly available details of the Trump Russia investigation into a coherent narrative. As a factual rather than speculative account the book is dry, and likely to be superceded in the coming months by additional evidence and testimony. However, I still give the book five stars due to the sheer importance of the work.
James Mc Donald
Nov 24, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book sucked as all of the claimed sources are from Main Stream Media and those people can't tell you the truth and my justification comes from the book, into the Buzzsaw.
Richard Block
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Trump Destroys American Democracy

Read in conjunction with the Mueller Report - yes, I did - this is the proof not only of collusion, obstruction but the destruction of the DOJ and FBI by that tool of the Russians - DONALD TRUMP. The method used in this book is unusual - an analysis of reports - but the conclusions are obvious.

Robert Mueller blinked - he had Trump, but like a deer in the headlights - refused to step up and act. He has seen the DOJ and FBI decimated and he shied away from the act.
Sjj
Mar 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is another "good read" if you want to know more about the Trump-Russia connections. Before reading this book by Abramson, I read Craig Unger's book "House of Trump House of Putin," which I also thought was an excellent book. This book by Abramson was written a little later. This book includes additional information, and it is presented in a different format (each chapter contains: Summary, The Facts, and Annotated History). Abramson sometimes presents his thoughts on the subject. Unger ...more
Alex
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy shit, our president is a crook. Astounding feat of research and narrative string-tying by Seth Abramson. This book makes the everyday squabbling on the news look so irrelevant and beside the point: it is so obvious that we’ve elected a vile, corrupt and astonishingly greedy man to look out for our collective best interest. Spoiler alert: he is not.
Aaron
Feb 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Meticulously researched topic but oddly assembled.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Mueller report has debunked Proof of collusion publication. 1 2 May 03, 2019 07:01AM
The epigraph for this junk is supporting the coup 1 2 Mar 04, 2019 07:02AM
Attempting to cover up the coup attempt 1 2 Feb 23, 2019 09:00AM

• Rush to Judgment: A Critique of the Warren Commission's Inquiry into the Murder of President
  • Mr. Putin: Operative in the Kremlin
  • The Anatomy of the Nuremberg Trials: A Personal Memoir
  • Fatal Discord: Erasmus, Luther, and the Fight for the Western Mind
  • Și eu am trăit în comunism
  • CCCP: Cosmic Communist Constructions Photographed
  • Behind the Urals: An American Worker in Russia's City of Steel
  • The Apprentice
  • Corruption in America: From Benjamin Franklin's Snuff Box to Citizens United
  • Down with Big Brother: The Fall of the Soviet Empire
  • The Brilliant Disaster: JFK, Castro, and America's Doomed Invasion of Cuba's Bay of Pigs
  • Black Wind, White Snow: The Rise of Russia’s New Nationalism
  • The Fall of the House of Bush: How a Group of True Believers Put America on the Road to Armageddon
  • The Senate Intelligence Committee Report on Torture: Committee Study of the Central Intelligence Agency's Detention and Interrogation Program
  • Native Realm: A Search for Self-Definition
  • Armageddon Averted: The Soviet Collapse, 1970-2000
  • Farewell to Reality: How Modern Physics Has Betrayed the Search for Scientific Truth
  • Unholy Alliance: The Agenda Iran, Russia, and Jihadists Share for Conquering the World
Seth Abramson is author of The Suburban Ecstasies (Ghost Road Press, 2009) and a contributing author to The Creative Writing MFA Handbook (Continuum, 2008). In 2008 he was awarded the J. Howard and Barbara M.J. Wood Prize by Poetry. His poems and prose have recently appeared or are forthcoming in Best New Poets 2008, Poetry, American Poetry Review, AGNI, Poets & Writers, and New American Writi ...more
“Craig Unger, a former editor for both the New York Observer and Boston Magazine, argues in his book House of Trump, House of Putin that, based on his own research and additional investigation by a former federal prosecutor, Trump was, through Felix Sater’s Bayrock Group, “indirectly providing Putin with a regular flow of intelligence on what the [Russian] oligarchs were doing with their money in the United States.” 1 likes