Start by marking “Proof of Collusion: How Trump Betrayed America” as Want to Read:
Proof of Collusion: How Trump Betrayed America

Proof of Collusion: How Trump Betrayed America

For the first time, the full, explosive record of the unthinkable: how a US president compromised American foreign policy in exchange for financial gain and covert election assistance.

Looking back at this moment, historians will ask if Americans knew they were living through the first case of criminal conspiracy between an American presidential candidate turned commander i
Published November 13th 2018 by Simon Schuster

To ask other readers questions about Proof of Collusion, please sign up.
Jekyblue Oh honestly. You obviously didn't READ the Mueller Report but just accepted what the pundits told you. NOWHERE in the Mueller Report does it say there…moreOh honestly. You obviously didn't READ the Mueller Report but just accepted what the pundits told you. NOWHERE in the Mueller Report does it say there was no collusion. Mueller actually said that collusion is not a legal term and so the investigation focused on conspiracy, not collusion. READ the report folks. It is ENTIRELY readable (for free) and you will learn that the media and members of Congress (on both sides of the aisle) are reporting solely the content that reflects their agendas. That is, they are reporting when they actually read it; most of them obviously have not read it. (less)

Start your review of Proof of Collusion: How Trump Betrayed America
Bill Kerwin
Dec 13, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: politics

You know that kind of board people in the movies use to keep track of the connections between suspicious people? I’m not talking about those immaculate whiteboards, where a homicide squad lists all its suspects or a government task force outlines a Mafia hierarchy. No, I’m talking about those funky, old-school cork boards, where each dog-eared photo is connected to a dozen others with thumb tacks and four distinct colors of yarn, you know, the kind used by homicidal conspiracy theorists or the o
Lilo Abernathy
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Essential Guide to Understanding Trump's Collusion
I have been avidly, and perhaps obsessively, following the Trump collusion investigation since it officially began, because, like many Americans, I was stunned by his election and the clear Russian interference into our election process. The assault on our Democracy offended me at the deepest level and my patriotic heart thrummed for justice . . . for a way to heal the wound to our nation.

The scope of the investigation, and many lines of crimina
Matt
Nov 16, 2018 added it
Shelves: unfinished
Abramson is a prominent Trump-Russia tweeter, and he cops a lot of flack. I think some of it is deserved and some of it undeserved.

From what I've seen, he has a tendency to overreach: his bias can lead him to misinterpret the record, he sometimes presents speculative or uncertain conclusions with more certainty than is warranted, and he's definitely focused on 'building a case' rather than being evenhanded. He's not the model of a disinterested truth seeker. He also presents his lazier opponent
Matt
Oct 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have decided to embark on a mission to read a number of books on subjects that will be of great importance to the upcoming 2020 US Presidential Election. Many of these will focus on actors intricately involved in the process, in hopes that I can understand them better and, perhaps, educate others with the power to cast a ballot. I am, as always, open to serious recommendations from anyone who has a book I might like to include in the process.

This is Book #28 in my 2020 US Election Preparation
Misfit
Dec 12, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Definitely some new factoids/author opinions here that haven't been seen in all the other books, but I did find the way the author broke down his chapters from the main 'core' of the thread, into a secondary and then a more detailed one. At least for me, that led to a lot of repetition that wore me down a bit (I'm easily worn down these days), hence I'm dropping a star off my rating.

Kindle copy obtained via library loan.
James Mc Donald
Nov 21, 2018 rated it did not like it
This book is full of BS and it gets worse as you kept reading where as the real lies the author is pushing are in the last 4 chapters of the book. Just a couple examples noted below.

Location 5400, the author forgot to point out McCabe was fired because Horowitz's report (the IG report) was referred to the FBI's office of professional responsibility who recommend it and THEN Sessions booted him out on the street. The author forgot to tell you this.

Location 5365, Ohr, an associate attorney genera
H.M. Ada
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When I showed a friend the title of this book, he asked, "If there's proof of collusion, how come it's not all over the news right now?"

Abramson answers this at the very beginning of the book. First, there is no actual crime on the books called "collusion." Collusion is a popular term being thrown around to describe a much more specific set of crimes that Trump and his surrogates may have committed in connection with the Russia scandal: campaign finance violations, election fraud, wire fraud, b
Charlene
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
​I have been avidly following Seth's addictive and scathing Trump tweets​ for years and could not wait to get my hands on this book. Abramson's book is definitely the most up to date, well researched, and comprehensive book on Trump's many crooked dealings. The events alone are damning, but when all the events are put into a sweeping narrative, as laid out in this book, there is no doubt about corruption going on at the highest levels. This is a must read for any citizen of America. If you have ...more
Scriptor Ignotus
Mar 24, 2019 marked it as aged-like-milk
As most US readers will surely know, Robert Mueller, head of the special counsel investigation into Russian efforts to influence the 2016 presidential election, has concluded his investigation and submitted his final report to Attorney General William Barr, recommending no further indictments and effectively (I use italics to emphasize that Mueller himself has not explicitly declared anyone to be innocent, since that's not the role of law enforcement anyway) exonerating the Trump Campaign and th ...more
Ryan Gainey
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you want to know exactly what Trump did and why he is under investigation this is a great assembly of all the relevant info. Everyone around him is probably going to jail. And they should.
Ryan
Nov 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Mostly a review for anyone following Trump-Russia for the last two years. However, the enormous amount of documented evidence all in one place creates a devastating timeline of Trump's culpability.
Bettie
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Opening: THE TRUMP-RUSSIA INVESTIGATION MAY BE the most multifaceted, wide-ranging, high-stakes federal criminal investigation in American history. It crosses continents and decades and has swept into its vortex more than four hundred people, millions of pages of financial records, and scores of unanswered questions about the state of our democracy. It has already resulted in dozens of indictments and a host of guilty pleas and prison sentences. If President Trump colluded with Kremlin agents to ...more
R.S. Gompertz
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: history
Harvard Law graduate and former Public Defender Seth Abramson's "Proof of Collusion" is a thorough and well organized treatise on the 2016 Trump team's collusion with foreign powers.

Where Robert Woodward's very worthwhile "FEAR" reads more like a novel, "Proof of Collusion" is a reference book that connects every known publicly available bit of information on Team Trump's activities and statements. These two very readable books make excellent companion pieces.

Missing is the financial paper trai
Stephen Kowalkowski
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Abramson delivers an incredible synthesis of the currently available information in what will be viewed as the most important journalistic piece of our time. What remains to be seen is how his twitter feed will affect the journalistic landscape and the role of the independent journalist in the digital era.
Amy
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Bigger than Watergate, this is a phenomenal book about the inner deals the Trumps are making at the expense of our country's democracy. Could not put it down.
Michael DeCaprio
Shelves: 2018
One heck of a chest sheet for the current nonsense. Entire story curated from reporting already done- Abramsom just pulls it together into a compelling believable narrative.
Barbara (The Bibliophage)
Originally posted on my book blog, TheBibliophage.com where you'll also find many more reviews of politically oriented books.

I confess. It wasn’t easy to read this Seth Abramson book. I spent a lot of it feeling down, depressed, and angry. But what we need is clarity, and Proof of Collusion: How Trump Betrayed America is absolutely crystal clear.

It explains exactly how Trump has been connected to the Russians since long before he ran for President. And it lays out those connections logically, wh
Cathy
Shelves: non-fiction
Devastating and utterly convincing

I highly recommend Proof of Collusion. Seth Abramson has harnessed his incredible attention to detail and command of the facts to present a devastating and utterly convincing argument that Trump and his administration colluded with Russia to win the presidency.
Jim
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lays it all out - the meetings, the associations, all the connections you need to follow the coming end of the Trump presidency. Which can't happen soon enough. Thoroughly researched with amazing footnotes - it's all there.
Lilo Abernathy
Nov 24, 2018 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Essential Guide to Understanding Trump's Collusion

The scope of the investigation, and many lines of criminal
Thing Two
Feb 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
A well-researched, well-documented, vetted and reviewed accounting of the Trump campaign and the illegal Russian, Saudi, etc., influences upon it. Seth Abramson is a professor of journalism at UNH, and has a law degree from Yale. I’ve been following the author on twitter for two years. His coverage is measured and thorough. Everything he says in this book is sourced with publicly available information. If you want to get up to speed on what has happened to the US under Trump, this is the book. R ...more
Grant
Nov 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
In what is by far the most comprehensive dive into the publicly known facts behind the Trump/Russia ties, Abramson delivers incredibly well referenced research on just how the Trump campaign colluded with Putin's Russia in order to influence the 2016 election and beyond. Although at times Seth draws conclusions that aren't 100% provable, he's never out of the realm of it being highly likely and has an extensive list of footnotes to back up his points. Once Mueller releases his report we'll know ...more
Dennis Cuffel
Dec 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I gave this 5 Stars more for the importance of the content.

Some might find the book a little difficult to follow with the dozens of names and characters. Seth Abramson did an amazing job of collecting years of publicly available facts (interviews - TV, radio, print; Twitter and other social medial accounts) that come directly from Trump and those in his orbit.

If Seth Abramson has this much data, the amount of information that Mueller has must be mind-boggling.
Kate
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Seth meticulously connects the dots via venerable news reporting, creating a timeline for interactions between Trump, his organization and his campaign, and Russia. It paints a damning picture of Trump's betrayal of America and its 242-year-old Democracy, in the pursuit of self-enrichment.
James Mc Donald
Nov 24, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book sucked as all of the claimed sources are from Main Stream Media and those people can't tell you the truth and my justification comes from the book, into the Buzzsaw.
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Seth Abramson's sets out the publicly known facts on 'collusion' in a methodical, logical and enlightening way. A must read.
Karen Nelson
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such great research and writing. Set in an atypical format, it gives an overview of the "concern" about the trump regime, and then substantiates the "theory" with the facts. Very factual and woven in a way that is easily understood, although tends to get bogged down with Russian names! As it should. I'd recommend it to all, but realize that only the real news and politics junkie will read it. Read it in two days on the beach in Turks and Caicos, which should tell you how riveting it is.
Therese
Nov 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Seth Abramson, whose book, Proof of Collusion (Simon and Schuster, Nov., 2018), everyone should read. Its premise is that Trump et al. not only colluded (an umbrella term encompassing many different crimes) with Russia, but with KSA, Qatar, the UAE, and Israel before the election in quid pro quo agreements, and we are watching those agreements play out today. This is especially important to know because Jamal Khashoggi’s brutal assassination and the genocide in Yemen and Syria are wrapped up in ...more
Tom Williams
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Abramson compiles the publicly available details of the Trump Russia investigation into a coherent narrative. As a factual rather than speculative account the book is dry, and likely to be superceded in the coming months by additional evidence and testimony. However, I still give the book five stars due to the sheer importance of the work.
A
Jan 08, 2019 rated it liked it
This book is written by a prosecutor, not by an investigative journalist. The book comes out that way. To be honest, it is not very well written. There's a difference between cramming information in and connecting the dots, although I understand we are beyond dots here. If you want to touch this topic, go with COLLUSION by Luke Harding.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Mueller report has debunked Proof of collusion publication. 1 3 May 03, 2019 07:01AM
The epigraph for this junk is supporting the coup 1 4 Mar 04, 2019 07:02AM
Attempting to cover up the coup attempt 1 2 Feb 23, 2019 09:00AM

• Crime in Progress: Inside the Steele Dossier and the Fusion GPS Investigation of Donald Trump
  • The Threat: How the FBI Protects America in the Age of Terror and Trump
  • Team of Vipers: My 500 Extraordinary Days in the Trump White House
  • Kushner, Inc.: Greed. Ambition. Corruption. the Extraordinary Story of Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump
  • House of Trump, House of Putin: The Untold Story of Donald Trump and the Russian Mafia
  • The Apprentice
  • Everything Trump Touches Dies: A Republican Strategist Gets Real About the Worst President Ever
  • Hiding in Plain Sight: The Invention of Donald Trump and the Erosion of America
  • Compromised: Counterintelligence and the Threat of Donald J. Trump
  • Blowout: Corrupted Democracy, Rogue State Russia, and the Richest, Most Destructive Industry on Earth
  • Disloyal: The True Story of the Former Personal Attorney to President Donald J. Trump
  • Siege: Trump Under Fire
  • Impeach: The Case Against Donald Trump
  • Running Against the Devil: A Plot to Save America from Trump — And Democrats from Themselves
  • The Plot to Destroy Democracy: How Putin and His Spies Are Undermining America and Dismantling the West
  • A Very Stable Genius: Donald J. Trump's Testing of America
  • The View From Flyover Country: Essays by Sarah Kendzior
  • The System: Who Rigged It, How We Fix It
Seth Abramson is author of The Suburban Ecstasies (Ghost Road Press, 2009) and a contributing author to The Creative Writing MFA Handbook (Continuum, 2008). In 2008 he was awarded the J. Howard and Barbara M.J. Wood Prize by Poetry. His poems and prose have recently appeared or are forthcoming in Best New Poets 2008, Poetry, American Poetry Review, AGNI, Poets & Writers, and New American Writing. ...more

News & Interviews

“Craig Unger, a former editor for both the New York Observer and Boston Magazine, argues in his book House of Trump, House of Putin that, based on his own research and additional investigation by a former federal prosecutor, Trump was, through Felix Sater’s Bayrock Group, “indirectly providing Putin with a regular flow of intelligence on what the [Russian] oligarchs were doing with their money in the United States.” 2 likes
“That said, it so happens that much of this president’s collusion may in fact be criminal. The particular forms of collusion in which Trump, members of his family who are also political advisers, and his presidential campaign engaged may include aiding and abetting or conspiracy connected to electoral fraud, computer crimes, bribery, and money laundering, as well as acts of witness tampering, making false statements, obstruction of justice, and much more. Conspiracy occurs when two or more persons have a “meeting of the minds” and set as their ambition the commission of a criminal act; the federal conspiracy statute is violated when the parties take an “act in furtherance” of the commission of the intended crime. But the crime does not have to be committed for a violation of the conspiracy statute to be found.” 0 likes