Start by marking “The 13-Minute Murder” as Want to Read:
The 13-Minute Murder

The 13-Minute Murder

Sometimes it only takes a few minutes for the perfect murder to take place. Here are two fast-paced thrillers that will have you reading for just a minute longer.

13-MINUTE MURDER: He can kill anybody in just minutes–from the first approach to the clean escape. His skills have served him well, and he has a grand plan: to get out alive and spend his earnings with his beloved
Published April 16th 2019 by Grand Central Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The 13-Minute Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The 13-Minute Murder

Start your review of The 13-Minute Murder
Matt
Apr 18, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Note: This is a review solely of this short story, not the collection of three BookShots found in the published work bearing the same name. Please see the link for each of the other two stories individually, as they were read and reviewed previously, also independently.

Dead Man Running

113 Minutes

13-Minute Murder

It is always nice to curl up with a BookShot to pass an hour or so, watching James Patterson and his c
Kay
Beware this is three bookshots and not a standalone book.
DEAD MAN RUNNING ⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️ First story was very good. Could've been a full length book. Main character and suspense were good.

113 MINUTES ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ I was going to give the second story 3 stars. The story didn't make sense, but the twist was good and explained it all.

13-MINUTE MURDER ⭐️⭐️⭐️ Didn't like the story as much as the first two, but I liked the character, some humor...and I'm a sucker for dogs. A darker story.
Laura Rash
First off, I’m going to start everyone with a warning for this book. It’s actually 3 bookshots in one. Unfortunately I didn’t know this when I pre-ordered it. And unfortunately I had already read 2 of these as bookshots. So I overpaid immensely for one bookshot that wasn’t even a good one. There should be a disclaimer on the front of these books that clearly states that it includes formally published BOOKSHOTS. *rant over
Matt
Apr 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another walk-the-dog audiobook. This was three stories and all were fun to lsiten to and very entertaining. The endings all had inniovative twists. Recommend this if you're going on a road trip.
Lorrea - WhatChaReadin'?
This book was actually three different stories in one.

The first is Dead Man Running:

This book featured Dr. Randall Beck who is a psychiatrist who is also dying of brain cancer. Most of his patients are dealing with some type of traumatic event that he is helping them work through. When a new client shows up at his office and then is gunned down right after the appointment, Dr. Beck has lots of questions, but he's not getting the answers. In order to get the answers, he will have to risk his own
Donna Hines
This is a hodge podge of three in one bookshots and so for those who may have read Dead Man Running and 113 Minutes you may be slightly pissed.
With this said, I'm a fan but not a pure bred die hard whose read every book of James Patterson or his co authors so for me I was good.
It begins with Dead Man Running a 2017 novella that had many hearts pounding from reviews I've read.
So I thought to self why not try it out for size and comfort right?
It wasn't bad if you believe the hype and not think abo
Linda
Jun 28, 2019 rated it did not like it
Once again, I see that I am in the minority on my review. Most folks seem to have liked this book. I gave this 1 star because 0 just isn't an option. I had high expectations. James Patterson is the best selling author of all time, right? I just don't get it. First, I didn't realize that this book was actually 3 short stories that were co-written with James Patterson. The first one was okay, but I felt that it stopped pretty short of a satisfactory ending or even a satisfactory read. My opinion-- ...more
Paula Soloman
This books provided me with a valuable lesson that I need to read the reviews and not just to grab a James Patterson book off the shelf and purchase it because I love his books. Had I read the reviews I would have know NOT to purchase it because I would have known that this is actually 3 bookshots in one. Unfortunately I had already read 2 of the book shots and was not thrilled at the last which is the name of the book. Very sneaky , Mr. James Patterson!
Brooke
Apr 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
The three books were okay as a whole. The first book, "Dead Man Running", was exceptional. The second was medioker after reading the first. The last was good as well but yet again it just didn't compare. I recommend "Dead Man Running." They are all good stories alone, but it belittles "113 Minutes" and "The 13 Minute Murder"
Wonda
Aug 22, 2019 rated it did not like it
1...I couldn't get passed the awful attempt at a knockoff version of Gregory House!!! Sorry folks...there is only one...A psychiatrist...Sorry, Next!!
Sarah-Grace
Mar 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: library-books
Good if you are in the mood for an exaggerated and unbelievable action packed adventure story....or three. Perfect if you want to wind down and not have to think.
Lynn Winkelmann
Aug 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book had 3 stories. Loved them all.
Dorel
Nov 06, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The only story I liked is Dead Man Running in this book of short stories. It had action & a really good storyline. ...more
Karen
Jan 26, 2020 rated it liked it
This is the kind of book you pick up at the drugstore when you are going to be sitting in a waiting room for a while and you realize you left your book at home...and the only other options are cheesy romances, Christian non-fiction, and a slew of gun and car magazines. Anyway, that's my story. I paid for it, so I had to read it.
Three bookshots, James Patterson's fancy word for novellas. His name may be the first thing you see on the cover, but none of the stories are by him and I think it is a
Joan
Apr 26, 2019 rated it liked it
A trilogy of murderous mayhem . . . .

“Dead Man Running” pits psychiatrist Randall Beck against a clandestine group plotting murder at a political debate. They’re determined to eliminate their candidate’s opposition, a woman who just happens to be the President of the United States.
“113 Minutes” follows a grieving mother who takes the law into her own hands as she sets out to expose her teenaged son’s murderer.
“The 13-Minute Murder” finds Michael Ryan, reputed to be the world’s fastest hit man,
Erika Hayes
Jul 13, 2020 rated it liked it
The stories are odd. The last is well just weird. It will be one I wouldn't really recommend to someone. I mean if you read it fine, if not, no loss. The last story was really weird... Like What happens in fight club weird.
Bill Buckley
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3 stories. James Patterson is the world's best selling Paperback Writer. I like how he Comes Together with other writers to spin a good yarn.
Rose
Oct 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed Stories 1 and 2 in this book and 3 wasn’t bad either. Page turners for sure.
Natasha Park
Sep 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved all 3 stories. Great quick read. The last story 13 min murder through me for a loop for a couple chapters!! Love when that happens 😌.
Darinda
Sep 24, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery-thriller
Three novellas - Dead Man Running, 113 Minutes, and The 13-Minute Murder. Quick and entertaining reads.
evie
Nov 07, 2019 rated it liked it
i read this book because usually James Patterson writes/tells very good stories. this book was a bit disappointing. it is a collection of stories about murder in various forms for various reasons. the first story was good but, in my opinion, every story after became progressively less enjoyable than the one before. in fact i lost interest but did finish. others might enjoy this book but i thought it was not some of his best writing/story telling.
Stephanie Jenkins Ortiz Cerrillo
Two great short versions of two James Patterson books. Murder doesn't take long but it's after effects last forever! I would mark it as a five star but the longer versions would have been better!
Connie
Feb 05, 2020 rated it did not like it
DNF. I listened to this audiobook. The story was stupid and the narrator was horrible. That’s about it.
LisaS
Nov 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Meh. 2.5-3 stars
It was okay, didn’t really get on board with any of the characters.
Manda Nem
Mar 28, 2020 rated it liked it
First James Petterson novel. Title was totally deceiving. 3 stories in one book.

Dead Man Running - 4 stars. Favourite of the 3 stories. Reminded me of the 24 series.

113 Minutes - 3.5 stars. Plot twist near the end

The 13-Minute Murder - 3 stars. Couldn't completely connect with this story. Got a little confuzzled at some parts.
Rohit
May 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
I liked the second story the most.
Sheila
Oct 29, 2019 rated it liked it
When a army ranger is murdered after leaving his psychiatric appt. Dr. Beck investigates and gets in way to much trouble.
Richard
These are contrived stories but you snack them up like a bag of M & M's.
I still don't understand the title.
Lorrie
This book is a collection of 3 Bookshots. I'll rate each story separately, and my final, overall rating is the average.

Dead Man Running - James Patterson & Chris Farnsworth
4 stars

My favorite of the three bookshots. Could have easily been a full novel (in fact, I wish it had been). I think the ending was a LITTLE too contrived (not the ending of the standoff, but where Beck found himself... you know what I mean if you've read it).

113 Minutes - James Patterson & Max DiLallo
2 stars

Too confusing a
Marco Morissette
Oct 04, 2019 rated it liked it
OK but some small novels and honestly not were very good...
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
3 short stories 1 3 Apr 18, 2019 05:37PM

• Skin Game (Teddy Fay, #3)
  • One Good Deed
  • A Minute to Midnight (Atlee Pine #2)
  • Contraband (Stone Barrington #50)
  • Smokescreen (Eve Duncan, #25)
  • Kiss the Girls and Make Them Cry
  • The Big Kahuna (Fox and O'Hare #6)
  • Cut and Run
  • Redemption (Amos Decker, #5)
  • Wild Card (Stone Barrington, #49)
  • Stealth (Stone Barrington, #51)
  • Sins of the Fathers (J.P. Beaumont #24)
  • Someone We Know
  • What Rose Forgot
  • The Museum of Desire (Alex Delaware, #35)
  • Labyrinth (FBI Thriller #23)
  • What Happens in Paradise (Paradise, #2)
  • The Summer of Sunshine and Margot
Official US Site
Official UK Site
JIMMY Patterson Books
ReadKiddoRead

James Patterson is the world’s bestselling author and most trusted storyteller. He has created more enduring fictional characters than any other novelist writing today, with his Alex Cross, Michael Bennett, Women’s Murder Club, Private, NYPD Red, Daniel X, Maximum Ride, and Middle School series. He has sold over 380 million books wo