Start by marking “Just One Night” as Want to Read:
Just One Night

Just One Night

Twenty-something love and romance “expert” Cam is having a bit of a hard time. Not only is his ex-girlfriend shamelessly showing off her new boyfriend online, but his boss is breathing down his neck about writing something more interesting than “23 Chick-Flicks to Watch when You’ve Been Dumped.”

It isn’t until a sizzling night with a stranger that Cam comes up with somethin
ebook
Published September 17th 2018 by NineStar Press

To ask other readers questions about Just One Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just One Night

Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
I don't want to discourage Jack Harbon because he is a young, talented author, but Just One Night wasn't a great read.

Just One Night is basically one BDSM-y, kinky night with a stranger without any discussion of boundaries or limits, which I found to be a bit off-putting. I found the rich MC to be vaguely creepy (I mean, if I went home with a guy after meeting him at the club and he already had champagne on ice in his hotel room, I'd think he was a murderer), and I simply didn't feel the chemis
Otterpuss
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
The characters were nice enough,  fairly one dimensional as is quite common in novellas.

The hotel scene was a bit too Austin Powers for me to be able to take seriously and the sex left me cold; the power play was seriously lack lustre.

I quite liked the open ending.

I received an ARC of this book from the author via IndiGo Marketing & Design in exchange for an honest review.
Kirstin
Sep 06, 2018 rated it liked it
I was given a copy by NineStar Press, LLC via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

When Cam has a business trip to Vegas, his work friends make a bet on how his night will go. Being a writer for a romance column, he's looking for inspiration. When he meets Owen at a nightclub, he's hoping to have an evening that will mix business and pleasure.

I thought the writing was good and the characters were interesting. I think if this is a series of novellas, that's one thing. Being just a short sto
Heather 123
Nov 05, 2018 rated it did not like it
First, I'm always discouraged when you start a book only to discover it has only 3 chapters. Um... where's the rest of the book? You want me to pay $2.99 for three chapters?

But, I gave it a chance none the less.

The characters are all very immature. Placing bets on whether or not someone is going to get laid, worrying about what to wear out... It's all very childish and a huge turn off.

DNF 15% of the way through... although given how short this book is, that tells you I read about 3 pages.

ARC r
Jess Gabriel
Sep 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley-or-arc
Unfortunately, this short story fell pretty flat for me. There was no time to get to know either of the guys, and I didn't feel like they had any chemistry because there was no build up. Had the author taken more time and turned this into a full novella with some character depth and some type of conflict (whether it be internal or external), this would have been a more solid read. I think the bones of a good story are here, it just wasn't fully realized. The ending definitely set up the possibil ...more
Michelle
Sep 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Thank you to Ninestar Press & Netgalley for approving me to read this book...I got to read it just a few days after it’s publication date which makes me feel very fortunate. This book is now ready for purchase as of September 17,2018.

First, I must say that I am a straight female and normally would never go for a type of book such as this, especially since I don’t read Erotica either, but after watching many friends on booktube thoroughly enjoy LGBTQ+ novels no matter how they identify themse
Pamella Lee
Sep 14, 2018 rated it liked it
An ARC was kindly sent to me by Ninestar Press via NetGalley in exchange for honest review so here is it.

Cam goes on a business trip to Vegas where he meets the handsome Owen in a club. What they both do that night is left in Vegas. The next few weeks are quiet till Cam's inner voice tells him to write an article about that hot and steamy night. What nobody expects is that article to turn so good and break a record.
Excited to pursue his writing he calls Owen again and what happens is left for th
Thamy
Sep 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley2018
This is a very short erotica romance.

Cam has promised to finally sleep with someone that night and get over his breakup. After he fulfills all his wishes and more it's all he can think about. That's how he ends up publishing a short story based on that night.

Of course, the length can't be the only thing to blame on how superficial the book was, but it accomplished what it wanted. I had fun, with the plus of having a nice main character like Cam. It was a little like reading fanfiction of a serie
Ana
Sep 16, 2018 rated it liked it
It was a fun and entertaining read. It was very easy to read, very short and it had some nice characters.

I liked the chemistry between the main characters. They were nice couple. It wasn’t really a very romantic story, it is what it is, just a one night stand with, maybe, the promise of something more in the future. I liked that there wasn’t an insta-love kind of story, I’m not too fond on such relationships.

Cam was a lovely character. The events in the last chapter were something that I enjoy
Lisa
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Just One Night is a super short story, the start of a series that I assume will be all about Cam, his writing, and his dating. It's just the beginning for him and hopefully he finds his happy ever after. He has a good and steamy start with a guy in Vegas so maybe he's the one? I'm interested enough to want more, for sure.
Terry J. Benton
Dec 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jack doesn’t disappoint.

Jack doesn’t disappoint! This was a very steamy opening to a series I’m looking forward to finishing. Im very intrigued to see where things go with the new column and Mr Whiskey!
Sarah Meerkat
Sep 16, 2018 rated it liked it
short and kind of hot short story. I liked the characters and the added kink to the sex though I wasnt a fan of Owen giving Cam the nickname Cammy. I do look forward to the next installment
Xan West
Content warnings (view spoiler)

I enjoyed this m/m erotic romance novella! It was a fun read, with this lovely fantasy of going out with friends while on a business trip, brooding over a recent break up, and meeting the man of your raunchy dreams (who also ha
Ella Royall
Dec 26, 2018
Kelli
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was ok
As another reviewer stated, this story went too fast - there’s wasn’t enough backstory on either main character, and the whole thing just felt rushed and disjointed.

I received a free ARC via NetGalley in exchange for a honest review.
Jo Ann Vega
Sep 22, 2018 rated it did not like it
Not really a book barely a novella. No character development or storyline. It was a good start but to what?
Amy
Annaliesa
Sep 25, 2018
Mikaela
Jan 17, 2019
Jack is your typical eccentric college student, writing stories much more interesting than his real life. If he's not writing, he's either reading books about magic girls, watching shows about blackmail and murder, or baking coconut macaroons. Follow him on Wattpad and Instagram @JackHarbon