Start by marking “Lifesize” as Want to Read:
Lifesize

Lifesize

Published September 6th 2018 by Red Shed

To ask other readers questions about Lifesize, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lifesize

Start your review of Lifesize
Hilary
Jan 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Young animal lovers
Recommended to Hilary by: Found in the library
3.5 stars. This book has large pages where each double page spread has a detail of the animal mentioned, such as a paw or an eye shown actual size. The illustrations are bright and colourful and the information interesting. I found it a bit of a whistle stop tour of the animal world, I would have liked to see a book on each different habitat that is covered. I like the idea of showing scale, being able to put your hand against a polar bears paw, or see the full stretch of a tigers jaws. Definite ...more
Tim Roast
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Isn't it lovely when you come home after a long and strenuous day of working your self to the bone and see your 7-year-old reading a book to your 4-year-old with both of them seemingly engrossed in it. Well that is what happened with me, my kids and this book.

The book is great. It contains wow moment after wow moment as you go through the pages. It has interesting facts (I liked finding out the group names of "a flamboyance of flamingoes", and " a tower of giraffes") and interactive features. Fo
Sarah Mack
Feb 01, 2019 rated it liked it
This slightly oversized picture book puts you face to face with creatures from around the world and gives you a sense of perspective. I loved how the illustrations were placed in a way so that you could have fun wearing the kangaroo’s ears and the tiger’s mouth. It also explores non-standard units of measure, encouraging you to use the book to measure your own height.
Sarah W
Jul 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
We loved reading this book! It's a great interactive nonfiction for kiddos where they get to compare their own size to animals. It's big, bright, and super fun. I bought it an usborne party and definitely recommend.
Tompkins County Public Library Youth Services
So. Much. Fun!! You can read as much or as little of the text as you want,to capture your particular child’s imagination. But kids of all ages will love seeing how they measure up (or down) to the wonderful creatures in this book.
Stevanie
Aug 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Most fun we’ve had with a book in awhile! So much fun and educational!
Rebecca Durrant
Sep 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Clever and informative book, perfect for preschool age.
Ruth Hansen
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fun look at some life sized creatures and how they compare to each other and you! A very fun, fact filled book for kids of all ages.
Mary Briggs
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great book to get children talking about measures
Nia Talbot
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic book that is informative, interesting and beautifully illustrated. So much to learn and be fascinated by and the discussions will lead onto further learning.
Earl
Jul 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fans of Steve Jenkins's Actual Size will enjoy this fun informative and interactive book where readers can touch noses with a panda and roar like a tiger.
Melissa
Nov 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was only slightly less fun the lifesize dinosaur book. My only real complaint is about the panda. The cover is a panda, inside the covers is bamboo, yet the only panda in the book is the very last page. It is a tiny picture that shows the scale of a giant panda to other animals that actually made an appearance in the book. Did that page end up on the cutting room floor? What is up with that?!

You get to see the size of an African elephant's toenails. The whole foot wouldn't fit on the page.
Shane Harcombe
Dec 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fantastic book to inspire awe & wonder in little ones & to delight animal lovers. Beautiful illustrations that put you face to face or paw to paw with various animals, with those body parts depicted in actual size. Cleverly designed so the reader can interact with the book. Someone below said Actual Size is better - off to find that now! ...more
Rcltigger
5 Stars because I don't think that this could have been done any better! Great illustrations, interesting text, and I loved the interactive aspect of having lifesized illustrations that kids can put up to their face/head (a kangaroo's ears for example). It makes for an engaging read that kids are sure to enjoy.
Olivia S
Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cool oversized picture book of animal facts with life-sized drawings of details (tiger's mouth, giant centipede, giant squid's eye, etc.) A bit heavy on text, but you could definitely skim parts to use for a fun story time.
robyn
Sep 12, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like the illustrations (especially the cover) but I feel this exact same premise was done better by Steve Jenkins' Actual Size (better illustrations too).
Michele

• Sharks
  • My Ocean Is Blue
  • Lights Out, Leonard
  • The Prince and the Witch and the Thief and the Bears
  • What Are Germs? (Lift-the-Flap Very First Questions and Answers)
  • Pokko and the Drum
  • Nibbles: The Dinosaur Guide
  • Danny and the Dinosaur
  • Room on the Broom
  • Steve, Terror of the Seas
  • Amy Wu and the Perfect Bao
Sophy Henn (www.sophyhenn.com) lives and works in Sussex, England. She studied Fashion at Central Saint Martins, accidentally had a London based career as an Art Director in advertising, then completed an MA at University of Brighton in Illustration. Now she writes and illustrates children's books in her studio, with a large cup of tea by her side, and can't quite believe her luck. WHERE BEAR? is ...more