Start by marking “Severed (The Taken Series #1)” as Want to Read:
Severed (The Taken Series #1)

Severed

(The Taken #1)

*This is NOT a standalone. You need to read Stolen - The Prequel to fully understand this storyline.

My world was hell on earth, son of a man who was evil incarnate.
Hate was all I knew.

When she was stolen, I swore I’d find her.
When I meet her eyes again, I remember what I’m fighting for.
The girl will be mine.

***

I’ve seen true evil, held captive by the devil himself.
And now
Published November 2018

Kay's Blushing Book Reviews
Dec 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Review in Progress
Carla Bulian
Dec 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
3,8. Fiquei desapontada com essa continuação. Achei tudo muito forçado!
Algumas situações criadas batidas, só para dar ibope.
Esperava mais.
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Make sure you read Stolen before you read Severed or you’ll be totally lost.

I am in awe of this author. Seriously can’t get enough of her writing. From the first page this author sucks me in until I’m truly drowning in her words. Each review I write I’m stumped. I just haven’t got the words to do this book the justice it deserves. I opened to read a few pages and next thing I know I’m sitting and cursing that it’s ended.

Stolen broke me. Drake and Caia broke me. Their lives were never normal. N
Tre Talbot
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 bloody stars!
Let me start off my saying you have to read the prequel Stolen before even considering starting Severed. When I first heard about this author wanting to go dark I never expected any of this, this story swallowed me whole and I couldn’t to put my kindle down. The multiple POV’s provided throughout this book have you connecting with the characters more then you thought you could. Caia is a girl, a woman that is strong and a fighter even after all she has been through. Drake has bee
Amber- Leave Me Alone I'm Reading
Severed is bloody fantastic! A dark and wild ride from start to finish. I loved every brutal moment. Vengeance is one of my absolutely favorite things, and in this book, there is so much to atone for. It’s gruesome and perfect in every way. If you like dark romance, and I mean super, super dark, you can’t miss this book! I loved it and I can’t wait for more of these awesome characters.
Melissa Fisher
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
We have come to know Dani and her dark and dirty. Well this one is definitely DARK. And I loved it every step of the way. When dark and depraved things happen and you tend to want more, it makes you wonder what is going on. When things should have u hiding in shadows and squirming in your seat yet you keep going back for more. That's what this book does. You have to remember that the savior isnt always a white knight. Sometimes what comes is a dark horse. Sometimes being saved from one evil only ...more
Jodie
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Http://Jodiesbookreviews.blogspot.com
In Short
- I was gripped from the first page.
- It's dark, gritty and gripping.
- I need more of Drake and Caia.

In Long
I was gripped from the first page right until the end. The writing leaves you gasping for another word, another page, another chapter. I just couldn't put the book down!

The writing is so engaging, the characters are so real and the story line so gripping. I loved even more how it's not just the main two characters which were well developed bu
Madeleine East
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you haven't read Stolen, you will not understand this book. Drake and Caia. Caia and River. River and Dante. These 4 had my head spinning. Dani lured me in yet again. Hook, line and sinker.
Cassandra Pratt
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I didn't know if this story could get better after reading Stolen, but it did. I haven't read a lot of books like these, but I can't put them down. Severed was amazing, and unlike anything that I have ever read. This is an extremely dark story, and the characters are just as dark. Dani did an amazing job with this book!
Helen Altafulla
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
. . .
I didn’t think this story could get better after reading Stolen: The Prequel. That book was ALL KINDS OF DARK, TWISTED, GORY, AND AMAZING.
Then, I finish Severed and am left with my jaw hanging wide open.
Yes, Severed isn’t as gory as Stolen, but don’t let that fool you. This book was still dark as F.
Dani René is a dark mastermind. The way she comes up with these stories just baffles me.
I was always intrigued by Drake and Caia ever since reading the short on the anthology released a few
Becky Ballenger
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book had me all kinds of shook!!!!! Dani Rene does dark romance ohhhh soooo goooood!!!!!! Omgosh!!!!!!! She’s such a queen of dark romance, she should wear a crown!!!!
Enakshi - The E-Book Addict
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
*CANNOT BE READ AS A STANDALONE
MUST READ THE PREQUEL- STOLEN BEFORE READING THIS*

I loved Stolen, how dark yet beautifully written it was BUT I'm more in love with SEVERED . Dani Rene composed her words in such a beautiful way that we get to really understand the storyin detail.
I loved loved loved this book so much.
Absolutely re commending!
Michelle1005
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
description
Dani René is well known for her dark and dirty books. And let me say this this one is definitely very DARK. And very important thing you must read “Stolen: The prequel” first in order to get this story. And then you won’t be surprised about all kinds of dark, twisted, gory things that may happen in this part. Yet despite all of that I loved this book every step of the way. “Severed” is a wild ride from start to finish and you will love every brutal moment of it. It’s not as gory as “Stolen” but
Renee
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing

My world was hell on earth, son of a man who was evil incarnate. Hate was all I knew. When she was stole, I swore I'd find her. When I meet her eyes again, I remember what I'm fighting for. The girl will be mine. She has seen true evil, help captive by the devil himself. And now revenge is all I know. Everything was stolen from me. Until him. When my eyes meet his, I am caught in his web. Each moment
Maria Hunt
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Severed is one of my absolute favorite dark romances to date. After reading the prequel Stolen I figured out quickly I was in for an unforgettable read and Severed blew all my expectations. Dark, gritty and spellbinding Severed held me riveted until the very last page.

There were moments where my jaw literally felt like it was on the ground and in the next moment I was thirsting for revenge right along with Caia and Drake. I loved the secondary characters just as much and how much they added to
Renata Bastos
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing

I received an ARC from this book. I reviewed it voluntarily. Thank you Dani René !!

OMG ... more an amazing trip;

Severed was a book that totally absorbed me, after reading Stolen I was desperate to know the outcome of the story. And Dani René did not disappoint when it comes to a broken couple more with repairs.

"Revenge, such a beautiful word, blood will be shed, I will bathe in it, soak in the metallic liquid because that is what they deserve." - Drake

Severed is an obscure story that aims at R
Elizabeth
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a fantastic story, I was hooked from the beginning and had to finish before I could go to sleep. I don't think I should be rooting for people who have done such heinous things, but I did. Right from the beginning there was a glimmer of goodness in Drake, Dante and River and my faith was rewarded as they rid the world of the scum that trade in children.

This book consumes the reader without painting a pretty picture. There is total redemption for Caia, Harper and Rayne, thanks to the love th
Gin
Dec 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
So dark and brutal but revenge tastes so sweet. After the end of Stolen I feared for what was in store for Caia and Drake and this story let us have it. Bloody and vicious is the name of the game as Caia survives and plots while Drake is on the hunt to find her. But after 4 years is his search futile? I love dark romances but this one is not for the faint of heart. It had me gasping and cringing a few times but I was enthralled and couldn't stop reading. Terrific writing and superb characters ma ...more
Holly Gill
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Firstly, before reading this you must read Prequel Stolen, this book follows on, and boy does it!
This story had me gripped. My tummy doing acrobats, my heart racing and heck sucked me in like the first book. I couldn't put it down. This dark, horror romance was just as well written as the 1st. This book had you following multiple POV's, providing the story from each character, which was brilliant. Through the dark, gripping, cringing pages I secretly loved this dark read.

These books aren't for t
Ally Vance
Shelves: reviews
Dani René has penned a dark tale of survival, desire and an unforgivingly wicked story.

I was enthralled by the the characters and the intricate web of secrets and lies that flow throughout every inch of this story. The relationship and connections between the characters and how the story unfolded was absolutely brilliant.

I was hooked and turning page after page while on the edge of my seat!
Lizzie_Loves_Books
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow just wow. I honestly never thought this installment would be as dark and amazing as the prequel but boy was I chuffed to find out it was even darker and twisted.

Please read stolen before you read severed as you really need to read that one first. Dani has once again nailed this story, her word are simply awe inspiring.
Nina ~ Meleth Bookaddicted ~
Shelves: arcs, dark
If you haven’t read STOLEN, the prequel to SEVERED yet, please read no further. You’ll need that background first; otherwise you’ll be utterly lost in this dark, violent world Dani Renée created. This author frightens me … she was not joking when she said she would go dark – or rather, pitch black. The blackest of black I have dared to read so far. Gory. Twisted. Gruesome. Brutal. Having a strong stomach is clearly advised.

This book was SO needed after the way things ended in the prequel – I nee
Cinderella
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
and.......DANI RENE IS BACK BABY!!!!!

I have been squealing like a kid in a candy store from the moment I read Stolen because I was hoping and praying that Dani will blow my mind. And she DID! SHE SO DID!

This has to be one of Dani's best dark romance till date. Severed picks up from Stolen with answering so many questions and also delving deeper into the psyche of the characters. The story is blood red DARK, gritty, horrible (in the best way possible) and still, in true Dani fashion, she gives u
Hanan
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Explosive conclusion!
After reading Stolen I was a freaking mess waiting to read Severed!
Severed was everything I expected from a Dani Rene book but she gave even more!
I loved seeing the journey and the more in-depth look into the lives of
Drake,Dante,River and Caia. Yes I said seeing because Ms. Rene’s words come to life and pop out of the pages creating an experience I can practically feel!
This book is told in several POV which was outstanding because I got to know what’s was going on in everyo
Diane
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Can Dani out do herself. Yes, this book lets you know how the main characters became who they are. The deceit runs rampant until the truth finally comes out. The lies that ruled their lives are told.
Drake is beside himself since he thought Caia was killed. Dante, his brother and River, his best friend and lover have a hand in all that is happening to get their revenge against all those people who hurt them and other innocents. Drake finds out Caia is alive and he rescues her. They all have
Nay Denise
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Received a copy for review.

Wow!!!! This was deep, dark, sexy and twisted. Seriously an interesting romance that left me both disturbed by the events and plot, but intrigued by the characters. Dani René is a new author for me, so I didn't go into this expecting much, but I was pleasantly surprised. I think I am a fan of her writing.

This picks up six months after the events of Stolen (the prequel) and boy was I surprised with things concerning Malcolm.

Drake is still a dark, twisted man, but he's s
Kathy West
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a book that will push you out of your comfort zone. I will test your limits and will make you wonder if you can handle any more. But if you can handle it.......HOLY COW!!

I absolutely loved this book. It was dark and gritty but it also had a love story, a love story that touched your heart.

Drake has grown up with the devil. He has seen terrible things and has done terrible things. He tries to block out all the memories he can, but one thing he can't forget was her. The way she looked. Th
Kay Parker
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Okay, just to make this absolutely clear, you MUST read Stolen first - Stolen is the prequel, and Severed probably won't make a lot of sense without it. Well, it would but you'd miss some vital information which is key to Severed.

After the complete mind-blowing experience that was Stolen, I have to admit to being a little hesitant to read Severed. The prequel was...infinitely more darker, in my opinion, and left me blinking at the Kindle screen for about twenty minutes while I processed what I'd
Sue's Romance Reviews
Nov 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Riveting and page-turning, Severed, had me on the edge of my seat always wondering what was going to happen next. The twists and turns are unpredictable and the anticipation for what happens next had my body buzzing and fidgeting.

The name of the game in this follow up to the prequel, Stolen, is REVENGE.

“Revenge. Such a beautiful word. Blood will be spilled. I will bathe in it. Drench myself in the metallic liquid because that’s what they deserve.”– Drake

Having been sexually brutalized since they
Joyffree
Shelves: arc-tbr
Revenge has never been so bloody sensuous

"Words are merely that. It's actions that speak a thousand times louder than any utterance can" - Drake
"Perhaps, But There are also words that can heal, that can offer solace in times where actions are futile." - Caia

This is a bloody beautiful revenge story -
It has the spine-tingling chill of a horror, the sensuous touch of romance, the heart-stopping twists of a thriller all packaged in a bubbly layer of suspense.
It's Bloody Perfect!

This is book two i
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Cinere (Inferno, #2)
  • The Experiment (Nightmare Hall, #8)
  • Twisted Sacrament
  • The Living Dead (Spooksville, #21)
  • Dawn/Secrets/Twilights/Midnight (Cutler, #1-4)
  • The Little Miss Books 1-4
  • Little Haven: An Ageplay Collection
  • The Bride
  • Sidewalk Oracles: Playing with Signs, Symbols, and Synchronicity in Everyday Life
  • Tyrannosaurus Dad
  • Dahlia
  • Like It or Not
  • Sucker Punch
  • Grandfather's House
  • Richard Scarry's Funniest Storybook Ever!
  • Classroom Love Letter
Dani is an international bestselling author of a mix of various genres, from romantic suspense to dark erotic romance and even BDSM romance. She loves to delve into the raw, emotional journeys her characters venture on, and enjoys the dark, edgy, and sensual scenes that fill the pages of her books. Dani’s stories are seductive with a deviant edge with feisty heroines and dominant alphas.

Dani live

The Taken (2 books)
  • Stolen: The Prequel (The Taken Series, #0.5)