Start by marking “Stolen - The Prequel” as Want to Read:
Stolen - The Prequel

Dani René

Stolen - The Prequel

(The Taken 0.5)

I never believed in evil.
I never thought the devil was real.
Until I was stolen.

***

I knew Satan existed.
I was convinced I’d be like him one day.
Until my heart was stolen.

Would she be the one to set me free?
Or will I be the one to steal her life?

Published November 2018

To ask other readers questions about Stolen - The Prequel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stolen - The Prequel

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I don't know what to rate or how write my review for this one, I requested an arc due to the subject matter and the many warnings stating that this was a dark read, now and then I like to dip my toes in this genre, but sadly I didn't find this one dark at all.
Kay's Blushing Book Reviews
NARRATION: Dual POV
BOOK DETAILS:
A prequel to Severed

MY REVIEW

This is one hell of an introduction! A stark and confronting intro to Drake’s world. One full of depravity, abuse and violence, and his devastating role in the destruction of young girl’s souls.

This is very well written, and although the subject matter is sensitive, the violence shocking, I was completely lost in the darkness of this book. I simply could not put it down.

This
Carla Bulian
Nov 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3,8. Eu esperava mais desse livro.
Dark, mas em alguns momentos incoerente!
Saira Moodley (BookedMercy)
Arc provided in exchange for an honest review

WOW... this book is all types of messed up. This takes dark romance to a whole new level. I need a breather after that.

This is the prequel to Drake and Caia's story, Taken. Drake is the son of Malcom Savage, a man who runs an organization that deals in human trafficking. Drake finds Caia different to every other girl that's been in the basement as he feels she is strong and will be hard to break. He gets fixated on her and his obsession only
Tre Talbot
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mind freakin blown! I cannot believe this is a first for this author writing this dark and disturbing of a story, the way everything unfolds for Caia and Drake I wouldn’t dare put my kindle down because I was hooked. The storyline is one that kept me on your toes with all the possible scenarios of why things are happening as they are, just when I thought I had it figured out there’s another twist that would leave me gasping in shock of what I’ve just read. Caia is a strong girl but I wonder just ...more
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Well I don’t know what to say after reading this. The author floored me.

Drake and Caia are living a nightmare. Drake was born into it and Caia was dragged into it.

Don’t think that as this is a prequel it will be just an introduction, a teaser of what’s to come. I don’t think the author believes in a gentle build up, well she certainly doesn’t in this story. This short read is fast paced and action packed with darkness. Yes be warned this book will push you:)

Can’t wait for Severed. I’ve high ex
Helen Altafulla
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
GODDAMN IT!!!! Dani René!!!
Whyyyyyyyyy?
This book was dark, sadistic, gruesome, so much gore... EVERYTHING. My jaw is currently laying on the floor collecting drool. I can’t close it!
Drake and Caía... WHAT DID YOU MAKE ME READ?!
Oh, man. This is such an awesome novella.
Don’t dive in expecting hope to save you, that shit was left at the door and doused down in gasoline and a match thrown in.
Now, if you’re ok with reading a book that doesn’t have a happy ending—don’t worry, it’s just the prequ
Cat Imb || The Reading Cat ||
I received an ARC of this book from the author and I voluntarily reviewed it. Thank you Dani René!

Dani René has dived back into the darker side of her writing with this one. I say darker, but this is her darkest yet... and I absolutely loved it! It was raw, gritty, and intense! She managed to cram all of this high emotion into a novella. Quite a commendable feat!

I’m so happy with how René ended this novella. She brings you to the precipice and leaves you to fend for yourself against your own emo
Anne Milne
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Any prequels I've read previously give you a tease of what you can expect in future books however this one doesn't fit that mold. There's no lulling the reader into a false sense of security no softly softly approach. This is dark brutal and scared the ... out of me at times. Drake and Caia are both trapped in a brutal world with no chance of escape.

I'm not sure what I just read but I'm hooked and this is only the prequel. I can't wait to get my hands on the next one.
Sheena
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shocking and gripping....

Talk about sins of the father... this prequel sets the scene for what is clearly going to be a very dark series... pure evil lurks in these pages... a malevolence which the main characters Drake and Caia must endure to have any chance of overcoming.........

This is a shocking and intense start, which promises a tortuous journey of violence, destruction and depravity as the series progresses... what on the face of it appears to be a story of abduction and abuse is so much
WendyW ~ Girls Just Wanna Have Books
Holy Mother of Pearl!!! I was not expecting this level of dark from this author. While this is my first read of Rene’s, I was under the perception that she wrote steamy, stimulating books. Boy was I wrong. While there is some erotism within, this book is definitely hits high on the depraved scale.

If this is a premonition to what is to come in Severed, then sign me up as I will be one clicking the release faster than you can say “Take Me To Hell”!

Total darkness. Total destruction. Totally DELISH
Hanan
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy Hell!
Hell is exactly where the characters in this book are!
Drake is the spawn of The Devil and has lived his whole life in the depravity and gruesomeness of the vile evil man who doesn’t deserve the title of father.
He doesn’t know anything soft or loving. It’s something he’s never experienced.
Drake only knows pain and destructive tendencies.
Caia wakes up in a dark dank dungeon.
She’s drugged and disoriented and nothing is making sense to her.
At eighteen she’s innocent and naive from her fath
Amber- Leave Me Alone I'm Reading
OMFG!! What did I just read?!?! I’ve read some dark and depraved shit, but Dani René just BLEW MY MIND!! Some of these scenes will haunt my fucking nightmares. My black soul and I loved it so much.

Stolen is a prequel novella and I am now completely dying for Severed! If you like dark romance, you better get ready, because this book will knock. you. out!
Jennifer Finn
I'm annoyed by all the bad reviews I've read about this book complaining how dark it is. There was a very clear and concise warning in the blurb and at the beginning of this book saying how dark it was. You were clearly warned so how do people actually have the balls to then give this book one or two stars crying that it was too dark. I mean obviously you can read because you've purchased a book so my only conclusion is that these crybabies are morons. I don't like historical romance so guess wh ...more
Teema
Nov 21, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books
This was not what i was expecting at all...
Kathy West
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*This is an extremely dark story with numerous triggers, please be warned. Due to scenes of an adult nature, this book is for 18+ ONLY.*

Please take note to the warning. This book is a prequel to Severed and it is a DARK read! If you think for one minute you can't handle this book, then you probably can't. But if you can....HOLY COW!!!

Drake has grown up in hell. He has seen things that no one should ever see. He has done things no one should ever do. But he does them for a reason, the two people
Joy Westerfield
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! My mind has just been blown. While this is definitely one of the darkest stories I have read to date, I absolutely loved it. It is so unreal that I couldn’t put it down! From beginning to end, I was on the edge of my seat not knowing what could possibly happen next. My emotions are all over the place. The characters Drake and Caia are so perfectly described that you can actually envision what they look like. Needless to say, their relationship isn’t like your modern day fairytale, that’s fo ...more
Expresso-Girls Just Wanna Have Books  ; A Mafia Romance
This story’s backdrop is one I purposely seek if I’m in the mood for something pitch black. It definitely would have been a five star read if not for the hard limit. I decided to finish the story because outside of that area, it’s s really good story.

This story is very very very dark. Anyone into light or gray reads should not consider this story. Stolen is definitely an adult story with a taste of depravity.

4 stars!

Disclaimer: This review is my personal opinion of this story. As usual my perso
Nina ~ Meleth Bookaddicted ~
Um, well. I’m just going to be utterly blunt here. I am glad I read this dark and depraved little thing just now and not as part of the anthology. To know there’s more to come about Drake and Caia just gives me enough comfort to deal with the sickness and darkness of it all … not to mention that freaking ending! I read dark and gore – things you can barely call a romance, let alone healthy anymore, but this one pushed some of my limits. It’s stuff out of the most horrific nightmares. Pure evil a ...more
Renata Bastos
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Arc provided in exchange for an honest review

Wow ... What an exciting story or it would be a roller coaster of emotions.
I had to read twice to absorb this story between Caia and Drake that to me is Light and darkness.

Dani René you go up like crushing a Dark and Sadico heart like mine ...
Drake, a man of dark and broken soul, the son of a sadistic man, lived all his life in the midst of depravity, deprived of the good things in life to offer security to his brother and best friend.
Fall a beautiful
Helen Altafulla
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
GODDAMN IT!!!! Dani René!!!
Whyyyyyyyyy?
Drake and Caía... WHAT DID YOU MAKE ME READ?!
Oh, man. This is such an awesome novella.
Kinky Minx
Thanks to the author for ARC in exchange for honest review.

I really like how dark this book goes but somehow some parts I feel sorry for both MCs in this story, Caia and Drake.

Drake was born to live in the dark, his father has a kingdom for trafficking woman. First, they kidnap the girls then mentally break their minds. Drake takes part in breaking minds mentally, he enjoys the game so far, until Caia. Caia is the from a rich family, she is a headstrong girl (yes, she is still a virgin when th
♥️Fantasy Land  Book Reviewer♥️
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The first thing I have to say about this is I HAD to give this book 5 stars just due to how out of bounds it took me. I have read some dark romance stories. But this prequel does not have anything to do with romance, it is purely a dark themed story that takes you into the start of these characters beginning.

I don't want to give anything away about this story. I want you to go in as blind as I did. Trust me you want to be blindsided with this story. It makes it all the more of a jewel out there
Holly Gill
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, I'm still trying to get my head around this dark, horror romance. My stomach turned so many times I was unsure I could carry on reading. I've read so many books of Dani's and loved everyone, only this one, I had to hold a hard stomach. This was a book I'd say was a wrong but guilty pleasure. The violence was shocking and exceptionally sensitive, I was driven into the darkness. I had to keep turning the pages. The book was a drug to me, fascinated and drove me to stay there and thankfully I ...more
Elizabeth
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cold, calculating and cruel, yet somehow compelling. I couldn't put this book down and all the way through I was hoping for some kind of redeeming feature and just when there was a glimmer of hope - poof- it was snuffed out and now I have to wait for the next one to find out what happens. Make no mistake this is a dark, violent and filthy book in more ways than one but is written in such a way that the reader is sucked in and keeps on reading, but be warned there is no happy ending and no promis ...more
Jodie
Nov 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Http://jodiesbookreviews.blogspot.com
In Short

- This is a short prequel to Severed.

- It's dark, gritty and gripping.

In Long

Stolen is a prequel to Severed so a short but very intense read.

Stolen throws you pretty much straight into the action. It's dark, gritty, shocking and at times a difficult read. However I actually loved how quickly Dani could make me bond with a character.
I felt like I was right there alongside Caia throughout. The journey was a tough one but at the same time completely gri
Frances
I'm blown away by this story. The dark content, is perfectly dark. It's gruesome and gory details, is good and not for everyone. I love that it's the beginning of a new book to come.

Stolen -The Prequel is about Drake and Caia and how they intermingled with each other. They struggle with the choices and situations that are being made to and for them.

This book is a gut wrenching read. It will have you gasping for air at all the situations.
Ola Adamska
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed-2018
Be warned: There is no Light here! Yes, you read correctly.
Everything here is dark, real dark and characters are in place With no escape That Would make anything better. With no hope you have to Play garda you are given.
Ale what is your game? In this Novella we only Her A glimpse of something dark, gritty and Raw That Would not be Neutral to anyone - you can Love it or hate it.
Madeleine East
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was beyond dark. I've never read anything this dark and I really enjoyed it. I absolutely love Dani's magnificent mind and how her words are like music to my ears. There is a cliffhanger. Can't wait for #2.
Heather Dee
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Stolen is a very dark read with an amazing amount of triggers please take note of this !

If like like ur books dark and twisted then this is definitely the book for u ....
She has been drugged and stolen ....
He has grown up in hell .....
What can or will happen is anyone's guess another intriguing book by the one and only Dani Rene ...
I can't wait to see what happens next !
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Romance Retreat: Stolen - Prologue Snippet 1 7 Oct 23, 2018 09:50PM
  • Flower in the Dark
  • Vas  (The V Games, #3)
  • Micaden's Madness
  • Twisted Sacrament
  • Depravity (A Dahlia Saga Novel)
  • Delicate Things
  • Fallen Petal
  • Hearts Of Darkness (The Santiago Trilogy Book 1)
  • Sucker Punch
  • American Asshole (Bachelor International Book 1)
  • Perfect Vision
  • Tanner
  • The Italian Kitten Meets the Russian Wolf (Giovanni Family #1)
  • King (Broken Bows MC, #1)
  • Luca (Leaves of a Maple, #4)
  • Used
  • Hammered (Hard n' Dirty #5)
  • One Filthy Man
Dani is an international bestselling author of a mix of various genres, from romantic suspense to dark erotic romance and even BDSM romance. She loves to delve into the raw, emotional journeys her characters venture on, and enjoys the dark, edgy, and sensual scenes that fill the pages of her books. Dani’s stories are seductive with a deviant edge with feisty heroines and dominant alphas.

Dani live

The Taken (2 books)
  • Severed (The Taken Series #1)