Start by marking “Crazy Cupid Love (Let's Get Mythical, #1)” as Want to Read:
Crazy Cupid Love (Let's Get Mythical, #1)

Crazy Cupid Love

(Let's Get Mythical #1)

Have you fallen deeply in love,
But get nervous approaching your dove?
Don't be stupid;
Hire a cupid!
'Cause sometimes love needs a shove.

Eliza Herman (a.k.a. The World's Worst Cupid) has spent her entire life carefully avoiding her calling as a Descendant of Eros. After all, happily-ever-afters are nothing but a myth. But when a family crisis requires her to fill in at the

Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 416 pages
Published January 29th 2019 by Sourcebooks Casablanca

To ask other readers questions about Crazy Cupid Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crazy Cupid Love

Start your review of Crazy Cupid Love (Let's Get Mythical, #1)
Tahera
This was such a fun book to read!
I loved it !
It was original, funny, quirky and with a good dash of steamy as well . I love Greek mythology and I am always game to read any book even remotely connected to it and this book did not disappoint. It was refreshing to see the characters in a romantic comedy setting for a change but then when you have a story comprising of the descendants of Eros, the god of Love, (the modern day Cupids) and their shenanigans to keep the love enchantment business
Mackey
When a single arrow inspires romance, can you really trust happily ever after?

Crazy Cupid Love is the first book in a new series, “Let’s Get Mythical,” and, seriously, who can resist all of that word play!? Not me! This is exactly the fun, whimsical story I was searching for to read this holiday! The storyline is utterly charming, where Eros’ descendants are now living among us mere mortals and blending in as matchmakers as we swipe left or right. Eliza Hermann, aka the world’s worst Cupid, has
Toni
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, romance
Crazy Cupid Love is a humorous upbeat contemporary romance with a bit of Greek mythology thrown in.
The main character Eliza Herman comes from a family of Erosians, descendants of Ancient Greek God of Love, who run a slightly old-fashioned matchmaking business. Eliza, however, is a bit of a black sheep in her family- she is clumsy and prone to accidentally enchanting senior citizens, and, worst of all, she does not really believe in love. When her father suddenly falls ill, she finds out her
Madison Warner Fairbanks
Crazy Cupid Love by Amanda Heger

Wickedly adorable. Capital L - Loved it. Paranormal romance.
Cupids are out in the open and getting paid to put their spells of enchantment on wanna-be lovers worldwide.
Filled with wordy humor and tongue-in-cheek lines, this romance tickled me quite often throughout the parody of this new world. Other Descendants (Disney or Greek Gods?) are still hidden from the human population. There is a Descendant bar scene at Dionysus that I would love to revisit. I can bet
Emma
Nov 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This was such a fun read! I didn't know what to expect when I started this one and I must say I was pleasantly surprised.
The premise was very nice. Eliza, a descendant of Eros, fills in at her family Cupid-for-hire shop and makes couple fall in love. Unfortunately she also accidentally enchants Jake, her mentor!
I was sold! The novel is filled with funny moments but it also has its steamy and
Hannah
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
ARC REVIEW

Let's Get Mythical #1, I was real excited to read this. With RT Books Review calling it "Percy Jackson for Romance Fans." I was expecting a slightly more Urban Fantasy-esk/Rom-Com rather than just a Rom-Com with Mythological tendencies. It was a nice read, the first half was a slow build up of the story, establishing characters, backstories, and setting up of the conflict. It also set up the romantic connection between Eliza and Jake.

Eliza and Jake have known each other since they
Saly
This one was entertaining but man I don't like it when the heroines can never catch a break. Everything that can go wrong does for the heroine who is a klutz and a non-practicing yet powerful Cupid. The world was interesting and the book kept me going.
Teresa (Reads_Romance)
I capital-L Loved this book! Every time I picked up my kindle in public, people would look at me like I was crazy because every few pages I would be laughing out loud. CRAZY CUPID LOVE is amusing, emotionally romantic with the perfect amount of steam, and an absolute blast to read.

The plot follows a klutzy failed Cupid named Eliza as she tries to figure out how to save her family and not fall for her former best friend turned Cupid mentor, Jake. If that sounds a little bizarre, that’s because it
 ᴍɪᴄs ✖amante de los spoilers✖
I think the book would have worked better if it was NA, I found some of the characters actions or thoughts childish.

The premise was interesting, Cupid's in the modern time era but for me it failed to deliver. It could easily be a small town romance and "we can't be together because you're my supervisor".

Friends to lovers is one of my favourite tropes and Eliza and Jake were cute together. I liked that there were a few chapters from his point of view that added to the story.

Overall I was bored
Steph's Romance Book Talk
4 Stars / 3 Steam Fans

I almost DNFed this book but I am really glad that I ended up sticking it out. When I started the book I had no clue what I was getting into. I requested it on NetGalley because I liked the cover so as I started reading and find out that the story revolves around the mythological beings of cupids it really sparked my interest. Sounds like fun right...well it did take a little bit to really get into the story. Eliza has had a series of unfortunate events that follows her
Leigh Kramer
This was so disappointing! I loved the premise of gods among us with the focus on Cupids who can help lovers find one another. Alas, it did not live up to the premise for me. Or the marketing, for that matter. Your mileage may vary.

I decided to DNF this about 90 pages from the end as the side characters were more over the top than I could handle. Why is everyone but Jake and her dad so mean to her?! And why does she keep taking it?!) It also felt like the book was mocking Eliza’s clients at
H.B. Jasick
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I. Loved. This. Book!! This author was new to me, and this story sounded unique, so I jumped in...best decision ever. I am now in love with a new author. This story was cute and quirky and absolutely hilarious. I laughed so hard, my husband banned me from reading in bed...again. I highly recommend this adorable book to everyone I know. I’ll definitely be talking about this story for a long while. The characters are fun, but also relatable, and the story is fast paced and entertaining. Each twist ...more
Meredith Tate
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely adored this book - the world building, Jake, the humor that made me snort out loud, Jake, the mystery that I did not see coming, and did I mention Jake?

I’m one of those people who reads at the gym, and I swear, this book put me into so many awkward situations of bursting out laughing on the elliptical. It’s being called “Percy Jackson for romance fans” and I absolutely see why. The main character, Eliza, comes from a family of modern day cupids. Her parents own a Cupid business
Ana
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thank you Sourcebooks Casablanca and Netgalley for the ARC!

This story was so much fun to read, it was creative, very entertaining and funny. I loved the heroine, Eliza, she showed you can overcome your fears if you believe in yourself and trust that people also have faith and believe in you. She and Jake had great chemistry and I adored them. 4.5/5
Meredith Schorr
Jan 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I really enjoyed this book. I don't typically read romantic comedies with a paranormal/magical twist, but the cover was so cute that I couldn't resist. I'm glad I did. It was funny and sweet. I liked Eliza a lot, and Jake was a swoon-worthy hero. They were cute together.

Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for the ARC.
romancebookjunkie
May 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was crazy cute perfection and just the book I needed to put a pep in my step. It was a cute, sweet and yet sexy paranormal romance that had me laughing out loud while in public. I loved the world that AH created and boy do I hope this is the start of a series because all I can say is I WANT MORE.
The heroine is a down on her luck Cupid, or should I say failing Cupid. When disaster strikes her family she needs to step up and help out which means applying for her Cupid license (again)
Charlotte Lynn
Feb 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A romantic comedy with a tad of magic… interesting. Crazy Cupid Love isn’t my normal read although I love romance and who doesn’t love magic, I’ve just never read them in the same book. Amanda Heger is also new to me and is now an author that I look forward to reading more of.

Eliza is a hot mess. Every time she tries to help someone she ends up enchanting someone different and it doesn’t always work out for the best. Jake isn’t worried about Eliza’s mix-up, he just wants to spend time with her.
Stephanie
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I hope I can put into words with this review how much I thoroughly enjoyed Crazy Cupid Love by Amanda Heger!
I didn’t really know what to expect going into Crazy Cupid Love, as this was a new author for me. I had read the synopsis and thought it sounded cutesy and hoped for an enjoyable light read. However – let me tell you – this book was so beyond anything I could have hoped for!

It was not only cutesy and fun but it was outrageously laugh-out-loud hilarious! A book that can literally make me
Lubnaa (Romance Library)
I received an ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Crazy Cupid Love enchanted me in the best possible way! I honestly wasn't sure what to expect from this book, but I surprisingly ended up really enjoying it! I love the quirky slapstick humour. Amanda Heger's writing style is in perfect sync with the quirky and fun world she built. What I love the most about this book is that the author doesn't write exaggerated humourous scenes at the expense of character and plot development.
Nhu
Dec 31, 2018 marked it as abandoned  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, netgalley
Note: I received an Advance Reading Copy of this book through Netgalley for an honest review.

This is just not the book for me. I DNF this at halfway point. I found myself not wanting to pick this book up and read it. It could be that I'm in a reading slump but I think it was just the writing style. I think that if you enjoy romance and mythology, you would really enjoy this book. I up to try and read this book again when I'm in a romantic mood, but right now I rather read something else that I
Elle Love Books
I really enjoyed reading this book. It was funny light-hearted and sexy read. I love books about Greek mythology and I really liked that one. It was my first read by this author. I don't usually like books in third person point of you but I didn't mind it here.
Thamy
Jan 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Percy Jackson if it were romance was all I could think while reading and now I notice it is also written on the cover. So there went my perfect starting line.

3.5, rounded up for interesting worldbuilding.

This is a world similar to ours, it's not that much of dystopia. Except, much to the distress of all other descendants from the Greek myths, people have found out cupids are real, and now they can sell their services. Eliza is also an Erosian but her powers don't need any arrow hitting the flesh
Ruthsic
In an alternate world where Cupids are known among the regular humans, Eliza Herman, an Erosian who quit being a Cupid has to become one again to help her family business from going under. Complicating matters is the fact that she accidentally enchants her childhood best friend, crush and current mentor, Jake, which means a sexual-tension filled working relationship at the least, and a new phenomenon where people's enchantments are breaking down. Crazy Cupid Love may be best described as a ...more
Lili  Marcus
When Eliza Herman learned that her family Cupid business is in trouble, she had no choice but to help. But her history of mishaps when it comes to her magic worries her. She always enchant the wrong persons, making them in love (and in lust) with her and she did it to Jake too, her childhood friend and crush, and now mentor. But Eliza has a business to save, so she and Jake set rules to keep his arrow-struck desire at bay. But love is maybe stronger than they ever thought and before long they're ...more
Elley Murray
Rating: 3.5 stars

This is a cute, fun romantic comedy take on the paranormal romance genre. It reminds me a lot of Kristine Grayson's Fates series, only instead of a modern twist on old fairy tales Crazy Cupid Love is about the Descendants of gods and creatures from Greek myth and how they get by in the modern day. It's definitely a refreshing change from the jaded PI/bounty hunter schtick that so many paranormal romances seem to cling to, and is much more light-hearted and upbeat, though at
Becca
Jan 17, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
NOTE: I received a complimentary eARC of this book from Sourcebooks Casablanca through NetGalley. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.

I really thought I was going to like this book. The premise sounded interesting and like nothing I’d read before, and there were some really good sections of the the story but sadly it fell a little short for me. It was ok, but not something I would recommend to friends unfortunately.

**WARNING - SPOILERS AHEAD**

It was quirky and fun but it
Donna Hines
Rules are meant to be broken.
Cupid is on the prowl but it's not in the form you'd think as Eliza is the new gal with the arrows.
Seriously she has taken on a new task in helping others fall in love but who knew she'd accidentally seal her own fate .
Can there truly be a happy ever after?
Can it be with Jake?
Jake has been cast under the spell so now what?
Conspiracy is underway and love is on the horizon....
Adorable, charming, cute, and inviting, this will have you loving every emotion.
Jaime ~ Fiction Fangirls
I didn't read the blurb thoroughly when I picked this book up because I had no idea that this was fantasy/paranormal romance, which is not a genre I tend to read often. However, this book was so cute and just different enough that I finished AND enjoyed it. I laughed a lot and was totally swooning over Jake throughout the whole story.
Samantha
3.5 stars: This was pretty much ridiculously fun? Like, the ethics of Cupid matchmaking got some serious stink eye from me & I’m not even touching the whole issues of consent awonder, but if you enjoy slapstick-y old fashioned classic romcoms in the style of Cupid’s descendants run competing matchmaking businesses (with some urban fantasy tropes thrown in cause why not), then this is the book for you.

I kind of also want my very bad ABC holiday movie edition of this, so somebody get on that
Stephanie
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, paranormal
What a fun and quirky read! This was giving me Stephanie Plum vibes but with a paranormal - cupid + Greek Gods twist. The writing is genuinely funny even when the premise felt a little odd at times. I would definitely read more by this author since the humor is my speed.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Whole Package (Veteran Movers #1)
  • Dating by the Book
  • Love Lettering
  • Getting Hot with the Scot (Sometimes in Love, #1)
  • Would Like to Meet
  • New Orleans Rush
  • How to Hack a Heartbreak
  • Faker
  • Crashing into Her (Love on Cue, #3)
  • Smitten by the Brit (Sometimes in Love, #2)
  • The Way You Love Me (Angel Falls, #2)
  • Fumbled (Playbook, #2)
  • Meet Cute
  • The Right Swipe (Modern Love, #1)
  • The Bromance Book Club (Bromance Book Club, #1)
  • Fix Her Up (Hot & Hammered, #1)
  • No Judgments (Little Bridge Island, #1)
  • Crashing the A-List
Amanda Heger is a writer, attorney, and bookworm. She lives in the Midwest with two unruly rescue dogs and a husband who encourages her delusions of grandeur. She's also certain that Amy Poehler is her soulmate, and one of her life goals is to adopt a pig and name it Ron Swineson.

Sign up for her newsletter here: http://eepurl.com/bM_XXf