Start by marking “First Full Moon” as Want to Read:
First Full Moon

First Full Moon

More secrets. More lies. I'm going to die.

She wanted a car for her sixteenth birthday, not magical powers… Candy McGregor is a teenager living in Sequim Falls, a small East Coast town, where the McGregors own just about everything. While her grandmother grooms her to run the family business—a pharmaceutical empire—Candy dreams of a life where she’s known as more than just
Published August 28th 2018

To ask other readers questions about First Full Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about First Full Moon

Start your review of First Full Moon
Danielle's
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Candy McGregor is close with her family but the secrets are kept even closer. The family are rich with money but darkened with tainted magic. Around her sixteenth birthday, hidden truths become deadly. Every full moon the family get together for a meal. Candy and her cousins are the best of friends. This full moon they will need each other more than ever.

Being a wolf isn't the fantasy it's made out to be and if Candy wants to hold onto her magic she must break the curse. There's an evil family
angela
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
To good for words

Fast paced, tremendously intriguing. This book had me at go and didn’t let me go until the last page. Superb writing and storytelling from Author MICHELLE ALSTEAD. I can’t wait to begin the next book, this one ended with a cliffhanger. The characters are believable, passionate, people I feel
I’ve come to know and have an invested interest in what happens to them, they all have great personalities and are quite different from each other.

Some SERIOUS secrets come to light one nigh
Erhi Divina
Nov 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
I enjoyed First Full Moon, it took a lot of references from Buffy and Vampire Diaries. It was lightly written and really fit the YA category. The storytelling takes the first perspective of Darby Candice McGregor as she uncovered layers and layers of secret about her own family. Candice's perspective was light but thorough, and was fun to follow through.

The magical system was so much fun to decipher, in this book, magic is heavily connected with nature and in every magic doing there must be a pr
Brian Kaufman
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Michelle Alstead’s First Full Moon is a supernatural YA thriller with some familiar elements. Candy McGregor is a well-to-do teen who’s trying to please. Her family’s pharmaceutical empire, which enables the McGregors to own most of Sequim Falls, feels like a bit of a curse—plenty of expectations and obligations. Candy longs to be on her own, away from familial pressures.

But the family has dark secrets, and the hidden curse that Candy faces is far more catastrophic than she imagines. Turning six
Cary Morton
I wanted so badly to like First Full Moon by Michelle Alstead. The book was right on the cusp of being something great, but it tumbled into a poorly edited jumble instead. I can't tell you how many dozens of times I ran across sentences that had missing words. Although I finished the book, I can't say that I liked it.

The book read like a teen tv drama series, and not in a good way. There were a lot of characters, most of them irrelevant to the plot, a lot of over-the-top situations - like, A LOT
Sebanti
Oct 07, 2018 rated it liked it
check out the link below to enter the free giveaway now!
Kiana
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best Book EVERRRR!!!

This book is absolutely amazing I was dragged in to each page as I turned them! And can not stress how excited I am to read book number 2
Kirstian
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received a complimentary copy in exchange for an honest review.

I really enjoyed this the idea for this supernatural story. Candy is turning sixteen and with this means she is to inherit the ability to used magic. (Yay! Magic!) Sadly, it also means the she will have to face the family curse on the next full moon. Unless she can find a way to break the curse, she will lose her magic and be stuck with it each full moon after.

This was a very interesting twist on the usual werewolf and witch stuff
Kat
Oct 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was unique. I don't think I've read a world where magical beings can become a whole different species, but this one does!
Right away, we are thrown into a magical system when a young girls's life and family is about to take a dramatic turn. The plot leaves us clues to where the story will go, that something is off as she gets closer to her 16th birthday, but I wasn't ready for all those plot twists.
The reality of the curse falls upon her and it's a fight for survival as she has to dodge so
Carolina
Nov 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
First Full Moon has a mix of young adult and fantasy. Candy prepares to go to one of her family’s mansion for a dinner. The family dinner was expecting to be great, but it was bad. Mostly it is because of the full moon. What Candy does not know that she will have a magical powers by the time she turns sixteen years old.

This is an interesting read. The story contains full of magic, mystery, and sometimes romance. There are a few parts in this book that I do not like, but I am not going to mention
Meg
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Candy is a witch--but she is also much more. On her sixteenth birthday, her powers mature and so does the family curse. The curse is something she despises, and she works against unseen forces to break free and remain solely a witch. Her struggles and triumphs move this novel to its conclusion. I received this book as part of the Goodreads Giveaway program.
Elysian Fields
Nov 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun read with developed characters and a well thought out plot. I liked the way the characters were put together as they challenged each other. The steamy level was nice and the dialogue was fun. It was an enjoyable story and I look forward to reading more in this world and from this author.
Kristin
Griff
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Goodreads giveaway....
Nice new twist on wolves and witches. Quick fun read, interesting characters and a strong storyline. Gotta go read the others!
BeeH
Oct 18, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Waste of my time.
Mary
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kept my interest throughout
C
Feb 03, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this e-book free through Goodreads First Read.

A unique and fun read.
Eric
Nov 24, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, giveaways
I received this in a Goodreads Giveaway in exchange for an unbiased review. The author’s command of pacing seems promising though characterization seemed to alternate between the nicely done (cousins) and the formulaic (Ryan, Claire). The plot seemed about average, (view spoiler)
Neg
Jun 04, 2019
Chris Dilley
Sep 26, 2018
Michelle Alstead
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Hope
Sep 22, 2019

• Star-Crossed
  • Starswept (Starswept, #1)
  • Kingdom Cold (Kingdom Cold #1)
  • The Alpha's Mate (Wicked Moonrise, Book 1)
  • The Pageant (Vampire Royals #1)
  • Bound by the Earl (Lords of Discipline #2)
  • Unfair Catch: Savannah's Story 1 (The Texas Sun Series)
  • The Dark Prince (Les Fées: The French Fae Legend, #1)
  • A Warrior's Nightmare (Immortal Warriors #3)
  • Jake's Redemption (Angel Eyes #0)
  • The Chosen (The Descendants Book 1)
  • Electricity (A Haunted Voices Novel)
  • Dino Crisis (Stranded #1)
  • Primal Instinct (Prowlers, #1)
  • The Beastly Groom (Texas Titan Romances)
  • Jane and the Exodus
  • Saved by the Alpha Bear (Alpha Bears, #2)
  • Grave Intentions (Grave, #1)
Michelle Alstead is a single, divorced mom of a child with autism spectrum disorder, who tries to promote autism awareness and advocate for gender equality while raising Sheldon Cooper and searching for some semblance of a love life.

Michelle's novels are frequently available for free on Amazon Kindle. Sign up for her email list to receive notifications. http://michellealstead.com/sign-up-fo...

All