Start by marking “Simmer” as Want to Read:
Simmer

Simmer

She was the one that got away.
He was the one she could never forget.

Three years could change a man. I was proof of that. Pride and selflessness forced me to make choices that altered my life forever. But my biggest regret would always be letting her go. The love of my life. My forever.

Destined for culinary greatness, I left behind the only life I’ve ever known, and the ma
Published August 28th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Simmer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Simmer

Karen Mc
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
*** 4.5 simmering stars ***

A sparkling second-chance romance that simmers with sweetness and soul
Jacquie
5 Sweetly Sexy Stars!!!

I was TOTALLY enraptured by this sweet, funny, angsty-at-times and SEXY little novella from CG Burnette!!! It MAY be a novella, but let me tell you, it packs a punch right to the solar plexus!! Gideon is, without a DOUBT, one of my FAVE BBFs!!! He's so sweet, so supportive, soooooooo MINE!!! He checks ALLLLLL the boxes for me....and THEN SOME!!! Just remember when you read this (and you MUST READ THIS!!!) Giddy is spoken for....that is all!

CG Burnette is a shining star in
J.M. Kelley
Aug 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW!! What an awesome romantic story about true love and second chances. Simmer is well written and CG Burnette immerses you into the story with her beautiful descriptive writing. You can feel the authors emotions for these characters through her words. Bethany is such a sweet, caring woman who is also strong and independent. She follows her culinary dreams despite the heartbreak she's endured. And Gideon!! Gah! Gideon!! He's such a caring, selfless man and I promise you will fall in love with h ...more
Laura  Hernandez (TheVoluptuousBkDiva/YABkDivas)
OMG! This debut book was over before I knew it as I devoured it in one sitting. Gideon and Bethany's story quickly consumed me as the characters are simply beautiful and the storyline captivating. This second chance romance is sweet and sexy and Gideon is now my book friend! -The Voluptuous Book Diva

#FAA4 #FosterAnAuthorBlogger

{I requested a copy for reviewing purposes and made no guarantee of a favorable review. The opinions contained herein are unbiased and my own.}
Vicki
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Simmer 4.5 Stars

Where do I start with this book? A story that unfolds before your eyes, a story that pulls you in, makes you feel all the emotion, will have you shouting at your kindle and having WTF moments and OMG what did I just read. You are so deeply wrapped up in this story the words weave deep into your soul and if you close your eyes it’s like a movie playing in your head, the story is short but it’s packed with detail and flows beautifully. A beautifully crafted read that’s not to be m
Angie McGuire
Aug 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a great and short piece of writing! It was fast, but you still got a lot of detail... Past and present in this book. Gideon and Bethany loved each other, and their past created a the year Gap that was hard to ignore.

In the present, they were together and working through their issues. It was an emotional loving short-story. I voluntarily reviewed this book from the author. I hope you enjoy this book as much as I did.
Trish Kitty Taylor  ***UNBOUND BOOK REVIEWS***
**4.5 Sweet, Sexy, Savannah Stars**

Gahh I’m so bloody happy right now after getting lost in all the love that burst from the pages of this truly gorgeous novella, by CGB, who is let me tell you, a brand new indie author & one I’m hugely looking forward to following.

Simmer is set in Savannah, a place CBG painted so beautifully with her words, a place I now see so clearly & vividly, as if I’ve lived there my whole life. It’s a fabulous story of second chance love. of accepting the past &am
A Book Obsessed Brit
Simmer is C.G Burnette's first novel and I hope there will be more to come in the future. Part of the wider Meet Me In Savannah Collection it is a short second chance romance that by the end leaves you satisfied.

Simmer is Gideon and Bethany's story a couple that met working as chef's at Simmer, Savannah's up and coming restaurant. As their careers are taking off their path's lead in different directions, resulting in a bitter breakup leaving both characters heartbroken. Three years later Bethany
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 Cranky Stars

Bethany left her life behind to escape the man who broke her heart. When she runs into Gideon again, their feelings for one another ignite into another slow burn.

This is another second chance romance that is set to a slow boil. Bethany followed her dreams of culinary success despite having her heart broken. The author did a wonderful job of pulling you into the story. She whisked me away into a story that was realistic, steadily paced, and the characters were believable. The downs
Madonna Blackburn
Sep 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Simmer by CG Burnette

First time author here & CG Burnette has done herself proud.
A story that has heart as well as heat.
In Gideon, the author has given us a hero that we all can fall in love with, however, his fierce feeling of responsibility that permeates all his relationship decisions may be his downfall...you be the judge once you've read this sweet story.
Brittany is a strong heroine who knows what she wants and goes after it....but she finds her dream, that she left everything behind fo
Kathy Wideman
This is the first book by C.G. Burnette I have read and I really liked it. This is a second chance romance. This book was moving and so romantic. Bethany and Gideon headed two different ways in life. When Bethany won the cooking contest he felt like he couldn’t leave town. Now three years she is back and feeling conflicted about her cooking show. She loves cooking but the way they are wanting her show to go isn’t what she wants. With her back in town they could have a second chance. So much has ...more
Leslee
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Three years have passed since Bethany saw Gideon, since he broke her heart. Now she is back in Savannah and knows that she cannot move on, cannot go another day without him back in her life. Gideon tried to be strong, knowing that Bethany was living her dream. But when she walks back into his life, he knows that he should have never let her walk away. Sometimes home is a person, not just a place.

Seriously, Simmer kept me up way past my bedtime and then I was back up early to finish it. I didn't
Natasha
4.5 AMAZING STARS!!!
WOW this book had me simmering; dang Gideon is a smooth talker. Bethany is an upcoming rising star in the culinary world. She has it all at her fingertips yet she needs to do it all away from her home and Gideon. Gideon knew that Bethany shouldn’t be held back, he saw how amazing she is and knew she belonged in New York not Savannah. He let her go and prayed she would come back one day. That day came and with the help of family Bethany had her chance again.

I loved this book
Dani /BBNT Blog
Shelves: arcs, books-read-2018
Simmer was such a sweet, feel good book! And it was a wonderful start for new author C.G. Burnette.

I absolutely loved Gideon and Bethany and what they brought to the table. And this second chance romance, brought on by the choices both of them made 3 years prior to the present day, is one that is wonderfully thought out and written.

They were both very strong characters that you couldn't help but enjoy and root for. And the side characters were very well written. I want to know more about Jessa
Karen Kay
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW.

Gideon and Bethany’s story is such a great ‘second chance at love’ story.

After 3 years of not talking or seeing each other, Bethany returns to the only place she feels truly at home, Savannah, and back to the only man she ever loved. But has she left it too late?

Gideon is so selfless with everything he does in his life, always putting other people first, including Bethany and her career but at what cost??

Such a brilliant story from beginning to end, you can actually feel the love between t
Chasing The Words  Book Blog
Aug 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sweet and Romantic!

When given a second chance with your soulmate do you scoop her up and don’t let her go or let her drift away again? That is what we find out in Simmer. Gideon and Bethany practically fell in love with each other at first sight. They were inseparable and were each other’s rock. When Bethany was given an opportunity of a lifetime Gideon let her go. Fast forward 3 years when circumstances in Bethany’s life make her return to Savannah and we find out if the love that was between G
Kerry Melton
Aug 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Simmer is a well written, flawlessly detailed novella packed full of all the feels. Gideon and Bethany's lovely story alternates between past and present which enables the reader to really glimpse how deeply their struggles are rooted. It’s a very emotional story. The author's writing is is that of a veteran storyteller, skilled in meaningful character development and impactful story lines. This story has enough angst it will leave you wanting to smash your Kindle. This is a story sure to satisf ...more
Cee Cee Houston
Aug 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Simmer by C.G. Burnette is a sweet, angsty novella. It had some fun moments and some HOT sexy times too. I loved Gideon, he may have only had a short story to tell his tale in but boy, did he make it work. This caring, generous guy made me totally swoon.
Bethany is sweet and caring too, but she’s also a strong independent woman who doesn’t take any sh*t from anyone. She’s followed her dreams and hasn’t let heartbreak get her down.
When these two came back together the sparks flew and not just in t
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it
This is a fab well written debut novel that I inhaled pretty quick.

This is a second romance story based on Gideon and Bethany. Bethany is a chef and Gideon is a baker. I was seriously salivating while reading this.... for more than one reason lol

A great read with two awesome main characters. It may be a novella but I was delighted that it felt like a complete story. Can’t wait to read more from this author.
Teri
Aug 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great story about a second chance romance. He is dedicated to helping everyone and putting them first. She is pursuing the opportunity they both agreed on but takes her away from him. Great passionate story from a new to me author. I truly enjoyed the characters and the style of the author. It was a sweet and refreshing story, Once again communication or lack there of got in the way. When alls said and done it was great and I will definitely enjoy this author again.
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
This is a new to me author and, WOW! What a nice story! This is a book in the Meet Me in Savannah series. I loved all of it. Second chance romance, steamy southern setting, babies, the culinary world, love of family. All of it tied up into a short but very well worth the read book.

I would read more by this author. Great way to showcase their work to a new set of readers.

*Complimentary copy provided for an honest review.
Kasey McCarthy
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Bethany and Gideon have been in love for so long. Everyone thinks they’ll be together forever. Bethany joins a cooking competition that could change her life. What happens if she wins? Will Gideon and her stay together? Will all her dreams come true?
Melissa
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This debut is not to be missed

C.g. Burnette has knocked it out of the park with her debut novel.

Simmer has it all. Second chances, family and most of all...Love.

One click this one today!
Lauren
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Super real read ... Bethany left Gideon three years ago and now she's going home!! Gideon is the typical boy next door sweet as can be and totally swoony. Its hard on Bethany when she realizes all the tragedy Gideon has been through but they reconnect quickly. This book was a quick great read.
Rachel H
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars

This book was so cute ! I loved every page of it ! It’s a quick read but it does a beautiful job of telling the stories of these characters !
Paula Genereau
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my. This story was very emotional to me. It kept me rooting for Bethany the whole time. Shes one tough lady
Angela
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Following your dream all the way back home

Such a lovely story .
Gideon always puts others before himself . He had to be the man of the house , after his dad died he had to look after his mother & brother .
Gideon & Bethany were so in love , but she had a dream & Gideon was determined that she lived that dream , but he couldn't be with her when she did .
After living in New York for 3 years Bethany knew it was time to go back home to Savannah. She didn't just want to go back , she need
Laura Reading
Aug 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great romance about following your dreams, sacrifices made, love lost and second chances.
99% clean romance, 100% love
This book deals with tough subjects, being true to oneself and to what one's heart wants.
While this is Gideon and Bethany's story, it is also the story of a community.
Reading one book in this collection would never be enough.
Amanda McCalip
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a fantastic read! This is a second chance romance that draws you in and keeps you turning the pages as quickly as possible. Three years have passed since Bethany saw Gideon. It hasn't been so easy to move on though and she knows she wants Gideon back in her life. Gideon knows that Bethany was trying to live her dream and he tried to remain strong, but when he sees her again he knows he wants her back with every beat of his heart.

This was one of my favorite reads from the Meet Me in Savannah
Crystal
Sep 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a sweet story
« previous 1 3 next »
I'm a self proclaimed book addict. It's sad but true. I want ALL THE WORDS! My love of words led me to blogging and blogging led me to this newest and most awesome adventure as an author. What a ride this will be!

I'm a mommy to two really cute little guys who run me happily ragged on most days and a wife to a wonderful man who has had my heart since the day he said hello. I have a vast collection