Start by marking “Peek-a-Boo! (Babyfaces)” as Want to Read:
Peek-a-Boo! (Babyfaces)

Peek-a-Boo! (Babyfaces)

3.81  ·  Rating details ·  95 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Editorial Reviews This six- inch board book contains ten page-size photographs of babies with various expressions on their faces. The author describes each expression with simple text appropriate for the youngest children. The book has several excellent features, including the use of a diverse group of children as models, and the use of large, distinct photos against a bla ...more
Board Book, 12 pages
Published October 1st 1997 by Cartwheel

To ask other readers questions about Peek-a-Boo!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Peek-a-Boo!

Keli
Oct 04, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lis-565, board-books
Synopsis

A book of different baby faces showing various emotions with simple text describing the shown emotion.

Review

This six inch board book shows the faces of babies of different ethnicities expressing various emotions. Each page is a close up of a baby face with a black background and colored border. The combination of baby faces and high contrast color would grab the interest of a baby. The simple text illustrating the emotion of the pictured baby invites the parent to discuss emotions with t
Adrian
Oct 30, 2017 rated it liked it
She loved the baby faces. It was fun practicing them together.
I don't understand why it is called "Peek-a-Boo" since only one baby partially covered his face. It would have been better to have one baby per page spread so the parent can cover the faces for the game.
Not bad for a free book from the pediatrician, though.
She does enjoy playing with it, and that's what's most important.
Karawan
Jun 27, 2011 rated it it was ok
This was okay as a generic "baby faces" book, but we already have others of those that we like better. Although I guess it's good for teaching really basic verbs (laughing, crying, thinking...)

I just didn't get why they billed it as a peek-a-boo book. Only one of the pictures actually shows a baby covering his face. There isn't much peek-a-boo involved unless I cover the pictures with my hand and yell "peek-a-boo!" when I uncover them.
Monica
Jul 17, 2011 rated it liked it
This board book is great for little ones. Each page is a close up of a toddlers face showing a specific emotion, which is labeled by a single word at the bottom of each page. This is a great book to encourage interaction between caregiver and child. They can practice making the facial expressions together as they read the book.
Asho
Jun 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
My 4-month-old son LOVES this book. I show him the pictures of the babies' faces and he grins and laughs. He grins at all of the pictures, even the ones of the crying babies (so he's not very empathetic yet, clearly :-)). I'll have to find him more baby face books, because clearly this genre is a hit right now.
jacky
Oct 09, 2010 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: babies - toddlers
Shelves: board-books, lib-lew
Generally, I like the photographs in this series, and this one did have some good expressions. But, with a title like Peekaboo, I expect to see more kids actually playing peekaboo.
Katy Felber
Jul 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
This was one of the only books that could keep Liam's attention when he was a baby.
Angie Harrold
Aug 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: josh
Josh laughs & smiles on every page. I cover his eyes before I turn each page and we play peek a boo with each baby :)
Meg McGregor
Jun 24, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-to-lexi
Little ones will delight in looking at this book that showcases all of babies moods throughout the day! Great photographs!
Wissahickon Valley Public Library
Baby's favorite game gets a twist in this one. Readers start with "peek-a-boo" but get a chance to see emotions in beautiful full-color photographs of baby faces.
Lisa
Oct 03, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: baby, children
teaches babies what their faces look like with different emotions. I would like to try to find a baby book with more emotions in it. (ie: angry, surprised, embarrassed)
Katie