Start by marking “Healing His Medic” as Want to Read:
Healing His Medic

Healing His Medic

(The Protectors #1)

Doctor Comfort Djan is looking for salvation after a tragic accident, which takes her to deprived regions where her skills heal the helpless. Until Fate thrusts her as a medic on board a West African military coastal protection ship. Proving herself to the male-only crew is nothing compared to being near one intense naval officer who has her feeling something other than he ...more
ebook
Published October 2019 by Love Africa Press

To ask other readers questions about Healing His Medic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Healing His Medic

Start your review of Healing His Medic
Liza Lorenz
Jul 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Original Book Review @ www.LizaLorenz.com

Chosen to read the ARC for Healing His Medic, I dove right into my first Nana Prah romance. I have heard such good buzz around her writing, and now I know why. So much to fall in love with, where do I begin:

1. Take-No-Prisoners Heroine – Comfort may have a calm demeanor, and a ready sense of humor, but don’t mess with her. Or underestimate her ability to take care of herself. Girlfriend will kick some ass…literally. And all the while, be a lady as she do
Debbie Christiana
Jan 25, 2021 rated it really liked it
I'm not a diehard romance reader, but I do enjoy Nana Prah's books. Her characters are culturally diverse, with lively personalities, interesting backstories and her settings are usually in exotic places.
Healing His Medic is no exception.

In this story, we find Dr. Comfort Djan and Commander Akin Solarin aboard a joint West African Naval Ship, The Reckoning, sailing the seas off the coast of West Africa apprehending pirates. (Did I mention I love Ms. Prah's character's name?) While docked, the s
Amaka Azie
Feb 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was such a lovely romance. *sigh*
This author has a way of creating characters that stick in your heart long after the book is finished.
Comfort, a nurse with a background of loss and pain is such a delightful character. Her independent spirit is admirable. Despite the horrible experience she went through, she kept pushing.
I also love Akin. They are a good match and his shy nature is also endearing.
I only wish I saw more of them together outside the ship scene.
I recommend this book to romanc
Felicia
I read the last twenty-five pages of Healing His Medic with a smile on my face. And, that was after reading the rest of the book nodding my head and pumping my fist in the air.

Comfort Djan is the heroine I’ve been waiting for.

Heartbreaking loss has left her scarred and with deep-seated fears that make night-time the enemy, but as a former army reservist, and a medical doctor, Comfort is cool, calm, and committed.

Until she encounters Commander Akin Solarin.

From humble beginnings, Akin’s commitmen
Jite
Aug 31, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great.

I love romantic suspense or military/service romance and whilst this is not exactly suspenseful, it is set on a naval ship and it is a great breezy and romantic read for anyone who loves a gruff hero with a marshmallow soft center and a super sharp, competent, kick butt heroine.

The premise is that Comfort, a British MSF doctor of Ghanaian origin, is assigned to be the emergency relief physician on board a pirate-hunting ship on the coast of West Africa, after their regular doctor is injur
Cheri
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A special story. I enjoyed seeing the female as the one with the PTS type issues. Comfort helped treat the Medic from the team of Navy Specialists whose job it is to deal with the Pirates plaguing the area. Little did she know she'd also be treating his team while he recovered.

When they first met her at the hospital some hit on her, some ignored her, and Akin did his best not to do the first. Joining a crack team like this wouldn't be easy and even harder for a woman. Still, she proved her worth
Empi Baryeh
Aug 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Comfort and Akin meet in the ER when he brings a crew mate in. From the start, one can feel their attraction.Both dismiss their attraction to each other since they will not see themselves again. However, things change when Comfort is offered a job on Akin's ship.

Yes, a ship! A warship, to be precise. Such an unexpected setting for a sweet romance novel. However, it works so well for the story.

With Comfort, Nana brings us another of her signature badass heroines. We (along with the hero) learn t
Shannan Harper
Jul 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
I've grown fond of this author's books. The characters always seem to have such a great chemistry with each other as well as the supporting Characters. One thing I really liked about the story was the heroine. She w shocked a lot of characters in the story as well as myself. She didn't pull any punches, she was smart. I also liked that the hero was determined to protect her even before they got together. They were a great match for each other. ...more
United Indie Book Blog
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading Healing His Medic. The characters and storyline are well written and enjoyable. I was drawn in from the beginning and had a hard time putting it down. I love Comfort’s strength and Akin’s intensity. A great read for anyone!

REVIEW BY RAYCHEL
Cherime MacFarlane
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well drawn characters and a great read. I loved the book and had a hard time putting it down. I love being transported to other places in a great book.
Love Africa Book Club
Two wonderful stories filled with adventure, suspense and romance.

Swoon-worthy protective heroes I want to keep forever. Commander Akin stole my heart and Zach can play undercover agent with me any day. 😘

And not to dismiss the sassy heroines who were matches for the men. Neither of them took any bs and I would have them in my corner any day.

Both stories took me on adventures across different African landscapes: from West Africa and a Navy frigate to East Africa and the Mauritian Islands.

I highly

• Fine Maple
  • Eight Perfect Murders
  • You Had Me at Hola
  • Ogadinma Or, Everything Will Be All Right
  • Forbidden Passion (The Passion Series Book 2)
  • The Wind in My Heart
  • Lead Me Into Love
  • Shadow Flight (Shadow Riders, #5)
  • Imperfect (McIntyre Security Bodyguard #5)
  • Shattered (McIntyre Security Bodyguard #4)
  • Ruined (McIntyre Security Bodyguard #6)
  • Hostage (McIntyre Security Bodyguard #7)
  • Redeemed (McIntyre Security Bodyguard #8)
  • Marry Me (McIntyre Security Bodyguard #8.5)
Nana Prah first discovered romance in a book from her eighth-grade summer reading list and has been obsessed with it ever since. Her fascination with love inspired her to write in her favorite genre where happily-ever-after is the rule.

She is a published author of contemporary, multicultural romances. Her books are sweet with a touch of spice. When she’s not writing she’s reading, over-indulging

The Protectors (3 books)
  • Unravelling His Mark (The Protectors #2)
  • Saving Her Guard (The Protectors, #3)

News & Interviews

The true-crime genre is experiencing a huge boom, and it comes as no surprise—podcasts, documentaries, and TV shows have us all addicted to...