Start by marking “The Enlightened (Entitled #2)” as Want to Read:
The Enlightened (Entitled #2)

The Enlightened (Entitled #2)

My secret’s out. Reed knows the truth.

The destruction’s done. There’s no taking it back.

Reed took all my firsts like a shiny present. He made promises with silky words I greedily kept as truths. But the moment I faltered, he took away everything.

Now we’re both guilty of sins.

As we come together for Grandfather Ian’s funeral, it’s time to face what I’ve done—what we’ve do
Published November 29th 2018

To ask other readers questions about The Enlightened, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Enlightened

Paula
I received this ARC for free and this review contains major SPOILERS, so read at your own risk….

(view spoiler)
Andrea
Nov 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star
I have to admit that I'm quite surprised with this one.
I kind a expected more drama.Something similar to the first book,but this was something else.

So this picks up right where the first book ended.
Tess and Reed need to finally confess their sins and accept that they are both guilty for their current situation.
I loved how author handled this thing with theme.
I was glad when I realized that they are finally both grown up.

Tess is less spoiled and dramatic in this book.Her children did wonderful th
Lozzie
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Enlightened (The Entitled #2) is a phenomenal read and is a brilliant conclusion to the duet. I have to say, out of the duet, this is my favourite.

The story was very easy to follow. It was a fast-paced reunion between Tess and Reed, and I couldn’t help but be swept away in their story. It was just as dramatic as the first novel, and the tension between Tess and Reed had not been dampened at all. It was an unconventional, yet beautiful way to carry on Tess’ and Reed’s journey together.

There
Chantay
Shelves: reviewed
This is the amazing conclusion of this epic love story of Reed and Tess. I coined the phrase “Collateral Beauty” to describe how I felt reading this book. Reed was one of those characters you would love one minute then hate the next. As for Tess, I wanted her to finally find the true love and security she truly deserves. Reed and Tess’ relationship was turbulent at times but there was always that eternal love for each other. The type of bond that people search for their entire life. Their love i ...more
Tiffany
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing conclusion to the Entitled duet!

I fell in love with these characters in the first book and totally adore the author's writing.

Reed and Tess fell in love when they were kids and they had such an amazing love story but then... all hell breaks loose and they are no longer together.

This book picks up right where we left off in first book and Tess has moved back to California and Reed is now married and lives across the country. A death in the family brings them back together and a
Teresa Juckett
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ohemgee was this book ahmazing😱😭

This is the 2nd book in this Duet of Reed and Tess's love for each other that quiet possibly bordered on obsessively possessiveness with Reed that it practically consumed him and something happen's that makes him go off the deep end and she's left to pick up the pieces.
I think this book was actually better if that is even possible. It had me wanting to strangle Reed and hug him the next because he was so lost they both were.
This book is definitely a must read, b
Brittany Hively
Nov 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
I've been dying for this book since I devoured the first in the series!

Reed and Tess were born into the life of the rich and elite, so we all assume things are so much better for them. When really they are just humans with the same kind of emotions and actions that we have when it comes to life.

I loved that we watched Reed and Tess grow up. We watched their relationship develop and fall apart. We got to see how things played out when it came to the actions of those around them and of themselve
Kristin
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"Thank you Netgalley and the publisher for the advance copy of this book, in exchange for an honest review."

Loved this book very much. It had just enough sweet, sexy romance and the storyline was great! I highly recommend!
Chelsea Richardson-Audacious Reads
I loved every twist and turn of Reed and Tess's story. The Enlightened concludes their happily ever after. There were sad moments and moments that made me angry but mostly happy moments! Cassandra did an amazing job with this duet and she has fastly became one of my new favorite Authors :) Keep up the amazing work I cannot wait for Jax and Ava's story ❤ ...more
Leisa Prater
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love the way the author Cassandra Robbins writes a story... you are there and you know these people !!! I can’t wait for the next story!!❤ ...more
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of Entitled and Enlightened from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. This is the first time that I’ve read anything by Cassandra Robbins. You pretty much have to commit to reading both books. The first book in the series, Entitled, ends with the mother of all cliffhangers. The second book, Enlightened, picks up exactly where the first book leaves off. The author doesn’t spend anytime recapping what happened in book one so you really can’t read each one ...more
Annmarie
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW!!!! This book was a great follow-up to first book! I was so excited to know what happens and was not disappointed! Great Duet!!!!!!!!
Kara (Rotella Reads)
Dec 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
What a follow up to The Entitled! Tess' secret was revealed. Reed's response was quite shocking and the book picked up right where these two's turmoil left off.

Still unbelievably flawed and broken, Tess and Reed attempt to pick up the pieces of their love and trust each other again. I loved how honest the emotions were in this read. Both good and bad! All you wanted was for these two to find that connection they felt at 8 years old and hold onto it tightly, ending in a happily ever after.

And c
Andrea
Nov 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
*I received Entitled ARC for my honest opinion*

We pick up about 4 years later in this book. There is definitely new drama involved in this series as Reed and Tessa interact for the first time in 4 years. As the reader, we do get some "past" scenes to help fill in the blanks on what happened in those 4 years. I enjoyed reading about the past and helping to connect the dots on what is happening during the present scenes.

I don't want to give too much away but there are a lot of secrets divulged i
books are love
Dec 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
You see great strides in Tess and Reed in this book. Tess is not as spoiled and irritating. Her children have had her grow up and see that there is more to life than money and getting what you want all the time. Her father is a jerk though. Tess still got on my nerves but she did grow up more. We see that both Tess and Reed learned through their time apart that there is more than them to worry about and learn from. They learned from their life experiences. I think Reed, although it took him a li ...more
Amy Stephens
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Enlightened, book two in Cassandra Robbin's Entitled series, was everything I hoped it would be!

Just like book one, I had my moments with Tess and Reed. They were far from perfect characters, so one minute I liked Tess then the next minute I wasn't happy with Reed. But it was all good because the drama that the story centers around, the angst and heartache was what made this duet so worthwhile. Not to mention, where Tess and Reed both were at the end of book one, to where they ended up in Th
Sarah Weissman
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! I read it as quickly as I did the first in this series, The Entitled. I was happy to see Tess grow up a lot and Reed really redeemed himself and became the man we hoped he would become. I really look forward to more work by Ms. Robbins, I think she has a wonderful understanding of human nature and draws great characters.
Samantha
Redeeming

After reading the first book I wasn't sure if I ever wanted to read this one. Tess is not a favorite of mine. However I had to try and it had some redeeming qualities. My problem still lies with Tess. This book is about living with the choices we make and not holding them against someone else. After his world exploded Reed went down a very destructive path and took forever to climb out of. He made his choices and he only blames Tess to the point she put him on that path. Afterwards it
Laura ( Latteandbooks )
Nov 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
(Spoiler free)

I have been eagerly waiting for this book to come out since I read the first one because I was dying to know what was going to happen with Tess and Read. This one was just as packed with just even more emotion than the first one.
This book picks up were the last one left us. One of the things that I loved about this book was how we got some glimpses into the past.
Reed… you made me want to strangle you. I get that Tess made some mistakes, but I think he could have handled it just a l
Colleen Oppenheim
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cassandra Robbins hit it out of the park with her follow up to the first book in the duet, The Entitled. Tess and Reed's story is dramatic. It is a roller coaster. And yes, it is not for everyone. But if you do love a complex, complicated love story written by a superbly talented author, do yourself a favor and pick up both The Entitled and The Enlightened.
Chayo
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Phenomenal!

I'm so enthralled with Cassandra Robbins' writing in bringing Tess and Reed's heart rendering story to an epic continuation of their destiny! I don't want to call it a conclusion because I know they'll be a part of stories about secondary characters to come and I cannot wait! I'm so book hungover in an awesome way! I love this Duet and highly recommend it!!!! A MUST READ!

Claypot_Reads -  Michelle
I have to say that book 2 is an even stronger read than book 1 for me.

The opening scene in this one is brutal. Talk about kicking off a book with a gut wrenching moment. My heart hurt for everyone. As the characters are older in this book, years have passed, more mistakes have been made and secrets/betrayals have occurred that had me cursing up a storm. I sat up until 4am reading this one as I had to know how it ended. The amount of heartbreak these characters inflict upon each other during the
2OCC Reviews
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jessica
This was a great follow up to book 1. With out going into detail because it could really ruin book one, I really enjoyed seeing what happened when they were apart, more things leading up to the end of book 1 and just the all around repercussions that came from the choices both Reed and Tess made. Along with Reeds brother and best friend Brance, this was another great book. I can’t wait to see what this author is going to write next. She has a nack or pulling me in. 4 stars #2OCCJD
Cassandra Hallman
Dec 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The first book in this series was a slower pace and I only gave it 4 stars but still ended up reading the second book because of the huge cliffhanger. I felt this one was much better! Great characters and gripping story. Would definitely recommend this book and the author!
Karen Graham ballinger
Great Story

I really enjoyed reading Tess and Reed's story. I did fall in love with these self entitled people no matter how aggravated I became with their decisions.
Can't wait to read Jax,'s story when it's ready.
Tina
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a beautiful way to end Tessa and Reed's love story. It wasn't easy but love never is. They had to deal with some harsh realities and past mistakes but one thing that was never questioned was their love for one another. One thing I love about an author that writes in two different tenses past and years later is that we are able to see how much each character has grown and appreciate that their journey comes full circle. Tessa and Reed finally get their happily ever after! Great job Cassandra ...more
Rhonda Ziglar
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 HEARTFELT STARS!! Wow, what a heartfelt conclusion to the Entitled duet. This story starts out with a bang and doesn't let up until the last word. I could not put this book down and I never wanted it to end. I absolutely loved Reed and Tess, I was so invested in their love story. I can't wait to read more book from this phenomenal author. I highly recommend this duet so make sure to 1-Click.
Kelly Green
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gahhhhhhh! DEVOURED!!! I literally devoured this whole duet in the 2 days! And these are her debut novels?? ARE. YOU. FREAKING. KIDDING. ME????? This duet had me all over the place. Reed and Tess stole my heart! I was completely torn to pieces and then put together again! I was so sad to see them go. I wanted more of them. I want more of Jax and Brance too! I have found a new one-click author for sure! Cassandra Robbins can do angst! She so perfectly ripped my heart out and then gave me a reason ...more
Stephanie S
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another FANTASTIC book!! I was not sure what to expect after the ending of the first book.

Reed and Tess were both somewhat dependant on each other but had to both change to do what they thought was right. Reed may have gone down the rabbit hole first and survived but the demons are still there for him thinking the ultimate betrayal was done to him. Tess spiraled also but then once she realized she still had one connection to Reed she changed her mind and kept it a secret.

Sometimes duets may not
C
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good conclusion to the duet. Full of angst and feels. Over the top characters that sucked me in. Addictive read .
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • At Her Command (Fantasy Heights, #3)
  • Athena's Daughter
  • Hanging in the Stars (Dark Romeo, #3)
  • Flawed (Gamer Girls, #1)
  • Axton (Four Kings Empire Book 1)
  • Someone Else (Just You, #2)
  • Promise It All (Blinded by Love, #2)
  • I Hate You...I Think
  • Release (Off Balance, #3)
  • Life Interrupted (The Life Series Book 1)
  • Deciding Tomorrow (These Days, #3)
  • Heat (Parker Reed, #1)
  • Starr Fated (Starr, #1)
  • Desire (Isaac & Maya, #2)
  • The Truth About James (Y.A. #2)
  • Tell Me a Secret
  • The King Trilogy: Boxed Set (The King Trilogy, #1-3)
  • Finding Home
Cassandra Robbins writes all-consuming love stories.
A self-proclaimed angst filled romantic, she loves creating obsessive, angst filled characters who fight for their happily ever!
Cassandra lives in Los Angeles with her family and Samoyed Stanley.
You can find Cassandra