Start by marking “The Reality of Everything (Flight & Glory, #5)” as Want to Read:
The Reality of Everything (Flight & Glory, #5)

The Reality of Everything

(Flight & Glory #5)

Two years after the man she loved was killed in Afghanistan, Morgan Bartley is trying to put the pieces of her life back together. The reno on her dilapidated beach house in the Outer Banks might be just the distraction she needs to keep her debilitating anxiety attacks at bay and begin to heal her heart...if she can ignore the ridiculously handsome guy next door.

At twenty
Published August 24th 2020 by Independently Published

Start your review of The Reality of Everything (Flight & Glory, #5)
Arini ~ Miss Casually Reading

Favorite Book of 2020

4.5 Stars

Roses are red, violets are blue.
I’m obsessed with the cover and in love with the book.

Never said I was good with poetry. My rhyme is off, but good heavens, this book will come at you like a wrecking ball and blow you to smithereens.

Also, fun fact, this was set in Outer Banks and I’ve been wondering if it’s the same Outer Banks as the Netflix show Outer Banks. Probably so, right? That place exists?

I put this in my TBR immediately upon seeing the cover. Seriou
mel ☽

single dad that works as a coast guard pilot? heroine who is a little bit messed up because of her past? these two being neighbors? cute little daughter that loves to collect seashells and has 5 different pets? ex drama? the OUTER BANKS??

ok so everything is just COMPLICATED.
↳ you have Morgan (h) moving to this huge ass house to rebuild it and "heal" herself after losing the man she loved 2 years ago because he was a pilot for the military and he sacrificed his life for her friends' h
EmBibliophile
Dec 19, 2020 rated it liked it
Recommended to EmBibliophile by: Arini ~ Miss Casually Reading
Shelves: 3-stars

This is a case of “its not the book it’s me trying to read the book while trying to figure out how I’m gonna finish my assignment”

I really liked this book, but for some reason it just wasn’t holding my interest. I think maybe I just read it while I wasn’t in the mood for it which is why I kinda found it just okay. However, I have to admit that the second half was way better and more enjoyable to read. Specially that thrilling ending.

“You don’t have to be mine. I’m yours.”

Ja
Wil Loves Books!
ALL THE STARS!!!!!

“I’m going to tell you how I feel until you choose the hell that rips us apart, and even then, I’ll probably still tell you. What I feel for you isn’t quiet. It’s loud and inconvenient and demands to be said as often as possible.”

This book! These feels!!!! The Reality of Everything is EVERYTHING and then some!

Fact: I devoured this book!

Fact: I love Rebecca Yarros’ books, her writing is superb and her stories always leave a mark, she’s just a wonderful storyteller.

Fact: I
Bookgasms Book Blog
Aug 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shelly
Be warned y'all: I do not have even a tiny smidge of chill over this book.

I AM WRECKED.
I am smitten.
I am blown away.
I am positively giddy.
I AM SO IN LOVE.

The Flight & Glory series has been one of my all-time favorites. I was excited - if a little apprehensive - to "come home" to this series with Morgan and Jackson's story. I knew this one would gut me. I knew exactly from where we were picking up, and there was no chance that this wasn't going to hurt.

But good gravy - Rebecca Yarros is the maste
Melissasfandomworld
Aug 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-books
SPOILERS AHEAD IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE PRIOR WRITTEN BOOKS IN THE FLIGHT & GLORY SERIES

description

Take the money. Use it. Don’t just give it to charity or stick it in a bank account, Morgan. Spend it on something that brings you happiness. Use it to leave like you always planned. I just wish I were going with you.

First of all: Thank you so much to the publisher for sending me an e-arc of this book. That was probably one of the best bookish related surprises of the year. And now comes the hard p
Lana Reads
Nov 12, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Lana Reads by: Arini ~ Miss Casually Reading
3,5 stars

I liked it.

The hero, Jackson, was absolutely amazing! Level headed, reasonable and knew what he wanted; not to mention he was a hot search-and-rescue pilot and an awesome dad for a five-year-old girl, Fin. Basically, the whole package.

The heroine, Morgan, was a mess in the beginning. But Yarros did a good job with her character development, she gave her time and space to heal and to grow, before really starting something with Jackson.

He'd mastered the art of emotional seduction by pa
Jennifer Kyle
Sep 06, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: book-boyfriends
4.5 Stars

"You don't have to be mine. I'm yours."

I adored Jackson (book boyfriend shelved) What a hero!!!
Wendys Wycked Words
I absolutely love this series and I had no idea there was gonna be a fifth book. One day it just popped up on my feed and it was out already, so I didn't even have to wait!! What more does a girl want?

As expected this book made me laugh, cry and swoon... as all this author's books do. Deliciousness!!

This time we get Morgan's story and it really broke my heart. But thankfully Rebecca has picked an awesome, hot single parent, alpha male pilot for Morgan, who mended both her and my heart... Jackso
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
OMG so so amazing. My heart is full!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Just to be upfront, this one will have triggers for women or men who have suffered the loss of a spouse or significant other.

I don’t read too many romance stories with guys in the military. I’m not sure why. But this one drew me in for whatever reason and I’m so glad I picked it up.

The author has created these unbelievable characters that are just amazing. Morgan is crippled with grief. But yet she is depicted with amazing stre
Aug 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star-2020
***ARC Provided by the Author***

Whew.

This was my first title by Rebecca Yarros and I'm torn between needing to read everything she's ever written and needing a break because, wow.

Jackson and Morgan's story isn't simple. It's not easy. There are ghosts from her past who aren't quite as much in the past as they should be and Jackson is both along for the ride and the new love interest she's afraid to love and lose.

All of that is in the blurb. But what isn't in it is how much you relate to these ch
Miftahul
Nov 01, 2020 rated it really liked it

HolY Shaisutnwaox! This is the first book i read written by this author and now i just wanna read all her books. Reality of everything is truly EVERYTHING! It gives all the feels and its hella emotional. This story it’s about Morgan who lost the love of her life Will. Still grieving she moves into another place and buys a old house. Little did she know that her neighbour and his daughter is going to change and bring happiness to her life again. She didnt want to fall in love again but
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Aug 28, 2020 rated it really liked it

4.5 beautiful stars

‘She had a broken heart, and I had a kid whose heart I couldn’t risk.’

Wow! What a fabulous read! We loved this story of second chances with one of the most gorgeous book boyfriends you could meet! Single dad Jackson Montgomery swept us off our feet, with his patience, strength and understanding wooing us completely!

‘What we have is something worth fighting for, and I’m climbing into the ring, ready to take the punches, but she’s already left the arena.’

The Reality of Everythin
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
Aug 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: all-the-feels
5 stars

“But what does it say about me that two years later I’m still so fucked-up about it that I have to be treated for a grief disorder? Why? Because I still think it’s so fucking unfair that everyone else in our group of friends got their happy endings at the expense of mine? What kind of person thinks that? What kind of person can’t talk to her best friend because all she wants to do is scream that it’s not fair? That everyone acted like my heart didn’t matter—I
Kim
Aug 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Morgan Bartley is still not over events that happened two years ago. She is grief-stricken, depressed, stuck, and having anxiety attacks. So she bought a dilapidated beach house and plans to renovate it before starting her new job as a teacher in the Fall. But her new house is in just about as bad of shape as she is.

Her new neighbor, Jackson Montgomery already has a bit of a savior complex. He is a devoted single dad and coast guard search and rescue pilot. And he wants to step in and help his
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Aug 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020

4.5 beautiful stars

‘She had a broken heart, and I had a kid whose heart I couldn’t risk.’

The Reality of Everythin
Reviews from the Heart
Jul 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 BLINDING STARS

I have said this before, and I am going to say it again, it is so much more harder to write a review for a book that I absolutely love, versus one I am not a fan of. It is easy to pin point what you don't like, but when you love one as much as I love this one, it is ridiculously hard not spill ALL the beans. I have to be honest though, The Reality Of Everything is the first book I have read from this series, and it blew me away. Not only because I didn't feel like I missed a dagg
Carmen Rae
It feels like a lifetime ago that I picked up the first Flight and Glory series and fell in love with Rebecca Yarros's writing. And I have read every book as she has written them. She is right at the top of my one click authors list. But for some weird, me, reason I wasn't able to read Hallowed Ground. It had been so long since I had read the first book and I felt like I would need to do a series re-read and I just haven't had the emotional fortitude or alone time to do it.

But when I found out t
Manoela
2-5 /3 Stars

I'm sad to say that this book is my least favorite book from this author. It wasn't bad but it didn't reach my expectations either. It was sweet,angst and emotional.

Although this book tells the story of Morgan and Jackson, here we had a very constant presence of a late character from this series and unfortunately I could not believe Morgan's feelings for the protagonist or the feelings that the deceased said he had for her. both relations seemed superficial to me.while I was unable
Izzie d
Aug 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Big Joe  Rossi
Sep 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

The Reality of Everything by Rebecca Yarros is a definite must-read! Great storyline, characters and the ending literally had me on edge of my chair, heart racing, sweating it out with our characters!

Two years ago Morgan lost the love of her life, it was complicated, but it destroyed her. Now, she has moved away from her home, her friends in hopes of finding herself again. After buying a beach house in need of serious repairs, she meets her neighbor, twice that 1st day, once as the sexy Mr Carol
Vanessa (nessreads)
Aug 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It’s a fact, I’ve been sleeping on Rebecca Yarros. I don’t know why I waited this long to finally read one of her books. I am transfixed and just want more.

My emotions are at high level. THIS. BOOK. It wrecked me and had my heart in a vice. It put me through emotional turmoil. I am so blown away with this story and am so in love with Morgan and Jackson. And it goes without saying that Finley stole my heart as well. That little girl and her infectious happiness was everything adorable. This book
aNneMarLi - Chatterbooks Book Blog
I see you everywhere, in the stars, in the river; to me you're everything that exists; the reality of everything.

First thing first. This book comes in with a BIG ALERT to all lovers of single dads out there. And not just a single dad, but a swoony single dad that'll make you melt in a puddle of goo and make you even want to climb up that said single dad's lap, lick all over and calling in dibs. And yes, I am calling DIBS here. JACKSON MONTGOMERY IS FUCKING MINE!

So off to the book...

The Real
Grace
Aug 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
I'm embarrassed to say that this is my first book from this author.
But it won't be my last.

This is a story about a woman starting over. Working through her grief after losing the love of her life, Will Carter, Morgan Bartley moves to Cape Hatteras to set new roots. And is there that she meets her sexy neighbor, Jackson Montgomery, and his daughter, Finley.

Yes, sound the alarm, we have a single Dad!!
And before getting into the story-line, I will say he is the perfect Dad. Fin is his life, full s
Steph's Romance Book Talk
5 Stars / 3 Steam Fans

Okay, I still have so many feelings about The Reality of Everything. I did a reading vlog as I read the Flight and Glory Series, but I also have words!

The Reality of Everything is the culmination of an epic series and follows Morgan, who in many of the other books I did not care for. She did not feel like she fit within this military friend group, and even though this book emotionally crushed me from the start, I put on my big girl panties to pushed through the beginning
AJ
“I’ve waited my entire life to love you.”

5 stars and all the feels!

Holy freaking feels, I love this book! A beautiful story that is heartwrenching, intense and stunningly romantic, and an emotional journey for a woman fighting to claim back her life following a devastating loss. This book made me feel so much, mostly it made me fall in mad love with a gorgeous love story, and it’s going down as a fave for 2020!

This is the final book in the Flight & Glory series, and it revolves around a trauma
Marielle Brouwer
Aug 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
In a distant past I read part 1 of the series in Dutch and I was not a fan of the translation. I loved the story itself, but the translation kept pulling me out of the story. After Annabel urged me to really pick up Rebecca's books in the English language again, I did. I started with The Last Letter and Great and Precious Things (both also available in NL) and I finally understood why she was so good. So I signed up for Part 5 The Reality of Everything despite having to read 2-4 (will do).

And bo
Rachel
Aug 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Morgan is still reeling from grief after almost 2 years, and hopes that putting her effort into renovating a beach house will help her move on. She wants a change of scenery, hoping that distance between the people who know her past will help her move on. Her new neighbor, Jackson, and his daughter are a distraction she wasn’t counting on.

Jackson has been raising his daughter on his own, with help from friends and Finley’s grandmother. His entire focus when he isn’t working is his daughter, and
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Finally … we get to hear from Morgan … to feel her pain, understand her feelings and watch her try to move on from an all-consuming love. On her own, away from everyone and everything that reminds her of Will, it’s time to rebuild her life and try to be normal again. No interest in love, no interest in pleasing anyone but herself, Morgan has to get herself under control and start trying to live a life.

Jackson has no interest in any kind of a relationship. He was burned and there is nothing more
Flo
Aug 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Perfect addition to the Flight and Glory series. Morgan and Jackson were made for each other.

• Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1)
  • Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1)
  • The Selection (The Selection, #1)
  • Fifty Shades Darker (Fifty Shades, #2)
  • Everything, Everything
  • Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1)
  • Rifts & Refrains (Hush Note, #2)
  • Lies & Lullabies (Hush Note, #1)
  • That Swoony Feeling (Getting Lucky, #4)
  • The Bribe (Calamity Montana #1)
  • Forsaken Trail (Runaway, #4)
  • Breaking News (Prime Time, #2)
  • Reclaim
  • Dotted Lines (Runaway, #5)
  • The Proposal (SWANK, #1)
  • The Bluff (Calamity Montana, #2)
  • The One for Me (The Arrowood Brothers, #3)
  • Hate the Player (Hollywood #3)
Rebecca is a Wall Street Journal and USA Today bestselling author of over fifteen novels, and is always ready to bring on the emotions. She's also the recipient of the Colorado Romance Writer’s Award of Excellence for Eyes Turned Skyward from her Flight and Glory series.

She loves military heroes and has been blissfully married to hers for eighteen years. She’s the mother of six children, ranging f

Flight & Glory (5 books)
  • Full Measures (Flight & Glory, #1)
  • Eyes Turned Skyward (Flight & Glory, #2)
  • Beyond What is Given (Flight & Glory, #3)
  • Hallowed Ground (Flight & Glory, #4)