Start by marking “Dark Shores (Dark Shores #1)” as Want to Read:
Dark Shores (Dark Shores #1)

Dark Shores

(Dark Shores #1)

A PIRATE WITH A WILL OF IRON
Teriana is the second mate of the Quincense, a ship beholden to the Goddess of the Seas. Her people are born of the waves, and they alone know how to cross the impassable oceans between East and West.

A SOLDIER WITH A SECRET
Marcus is the commander of the Thirty-Seventh, the notorious legion that has led the Celendor Empire to conquer the entire
Expected publication: May 7th 2019 by Tor Teen

To ask other readers questions about Dark Shores, please sign up.
Danielle Jensen
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Danielle Jensen
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
I think this book is pretty darn amazing with its kick-ass pirate heroine and brilliant legion commander hero, but I might be a bit biased ;-) Can't wait to share it with everyone!!

IT HAS A COVER!!
megs_bookrack
Pirates?

This cover is gorgeous.
ARC received - thank you, Tor Teen!!!!
Melissa (The Reader & The Chef)
Dark Shores is AMAZING! I had the honor of reading it early and all I can say right now is that you definitely need to add it to your TBR!
Cindy ✩☽ Savage Queen ♔
OMG, the author of one of my favorite series is writing a book on PIRATES(aka one of my favorite genres)!?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Honestly, this is such exciting news for me! Plus, synopsis and cover are perfect <3
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Someone give this to me now!
✩ Ashley ✩
I wish there was a like button for cover reveals cause ohmygawd 😍
Melissa (The Reader & The Chef)
*Thanks to Tor Teen and Netgalley for the review copy in exchange of my honest opinion.*

Dark Shores might very well be one of my top favorite reads of 2019! I know it's a bit early to say that but this book is simply fantastic. Not only did I fall in love with a kick-ass heroine who is a PIRATE, but also with the world (and unexplored lands) that make up the Dark Shores.

I just truly cannot wait to see more of this world in the sequels! I need to know what is out there, and also see the Cel come
Lisa
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, arc
I absolutely LOVED seafaring adventure. Although I was definitely drawn in by the promise of pirates, this book is so much more than a simple swashbuckling tale. There's an incredibly rich magical world and fierce and capable characters.

I appreciated how all the secrets and hidden agendas interplayed with delicious and dramatic results.

I want more of Teriana and Marcus like NOW. This is a must-read fantasy book of 2019, and a series to follow.
Isabel (The Reader & The Chef)
OMG! This book is fantastic.❤❤❤❤ I looove the characters, the setting and the epic adventure! Thank you so much to Danielle for letting me read it!
Selene
Dec 18, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tbr-series
I was given a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Thank you NetGalley and Macmillan-Tor/Forge for the advanced reading copy of Dark Shores by Danielle L. Jensen. I can't wait to start this book.
T.L. Branson
Jan 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful story of what it means to be a family and just how far one is willing to go to protect them.

Ancient Rome meets Pirates of the Caribbean.

From the very first pages there is no denying the roman influence in Dark Shores. There’s an empire that has taken over every inch of the known world and is hungry for yet more power.

This empire is ruled by a Senate of elected officials who control the military which is the true force of empire. This military, filled with legions of legionnaires, is
Aimee ♥ | Aimee, Always
i will read anything by this author!!!!!!!!!!

check out my reviews for her other books:
stolen songbird
hidden huntress
Nia •ShadesOfPaper•
I’ve just got an ARC and honestly I cannot be more excited to read this !!
Janus the Erudite Artist
Beautiful story! Danielle Jensen certainly did not dissappoint!
Stephanie Gillespie
ARC provided by the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
Jan 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Female pirate captains? Swashbuckling adventure? Soft-on-the-inside soldier boys? Hard questions about colonialism? I was totally sold. This ancient-Rome-influenced novel has betrayal, intrigue, romance, and adventure, and I was hooked from the first page to the last. Teriana, a member of the sea-faring people, the Maarin, has a secret: a hidden land far across the sea. Marcus, a prodigy legionnaire, has a secret, too: he will do anything, including playing the Empire's cruel game of power and c ...more
Michelle
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’m not the best at writing reviews so I will just say you need to add this book to your to be read pile because oh my god it was so good!

I love the world building, the characters, the story, the inner turmoil, the subtle romance. Oh boy I’m pretty excited I had a chance to read this early.

Between our main characters, Teriana and Marcus, I was like yay, characters who are not perfect, who have some serious inner conflict to work through and whom I ship so badly! *fangirl squeal* I was getting
Misty
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
**ARC provided by Netgalley for an honest review**
Listen. Every now and then I will read an ARC that I cannot wait to purchase for my library so I can put it in the hands of as many people as I can. This is one.

✔Added to my to-purchase cart
✔Release date marked on calendar
✔Followed author on social media

OK, pirates ✔, kick-ass lead female ✔, slow burn romance ✔, plot twist ✔, more pirates ✔, smart mouth comments and banter ✔

This book had it all for me. I adored all of the characters and the char
Jeremiah Stratton
Feb 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was provided and eARC of this book for honest feedback. WIll post a better review when its closer to publication time however, I will say that this book is really good and I enjoyed every moment of reading it. Just wish it was a bit longer.

Bridget
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am seriously SO OBSESSED with this book!!! Hands down going to be one of my fav reads this year!!! I definitely recommend this to all fantasy fans!!!
Iany Mcgrawn
Nov 20, 2018
Ashley F.
Jan 02, 2019
Kilikina
I love this cover! This sound so awesome too- cannot wait for this!
Lauren Levite
Nov 29, 2018
Ruben
Nov 23, 2018
  • Nocturna (A Forgery of Magic #1)
  • All the Stars and Teeth
  • Eight Will Fall
  • A Court of Miracles (A Court of Miracles, #1)
  • The Never Tilting World
  • The Sword and the Dagger
  • Into the Crooked Place (Into the Crooked Place #1)
  • The Tiger at Midnight (The Tiger at Midnight Trilogy, #1)
  • The Mermaid, the Witch and the Sea
  • We Are Blood And Thunder
  • Fall Like Thieves
  • Crown of Coral and Pearl
  • Fireborne (The Aurelian Cycle #1)
  • The Half King (Untitled #1)
  • Dreaming Darkly
  • Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove #1)
  • The Merciful Crow (The Merciful Crow, #1)
  • Empire of the Vampire (Empire of the Vampire, #1)
Danielle L. Jensen is the USA Today bestselling author of The Malediction Novels: Stolen Songbird, Hidden Huntress, Warrior Witch, and The Broken Ones. Her upcoming novels are THE BRIDGE KINGDOM, which will be released by Audible Originals in October, 2018 and DARK SHORES, which will be released by Tor Teen in May, 2019. She lives with her family in Calgary, Canada.

I would love to be your friend o