Start by marking “The Sol Majestic” as Want to Read:
The Sol Majestic

The Sol Majestic

The Sol Majestic is a big-hearted intergalactic adventure for fans of Becky Chambers and The Good Place

"A feast of a book." --Hugo Award-winning author Seanan McGuire

Kenna, an aspirational teen guru, wanders destitute across the stars as he tries to achieve his parents' ambition to advise the celestial elite.

Everything changes when Kenna wins a free dinner at The Sol Majes
Published June 11th 2019 by Tor Books

To ask other readers questions about The Sol Majestic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sol Majestic

jonathan finn
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Quirky and original Sci fi tale

The Sol Majestic is a hugely hopefull and joyful book that celebrates the bonds of found family and the power that can be found when you move beyond the expectations that are imposed on you both by your self and others.

Kenna is a destitute 16 year old the heir or prince to the Inevitable philosophy a sort of self help religion that is powered by the will power and determination of there followers when they find there philosophy, the personal truth or ephiany that d
Robert
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was another home run from Ferrett Steinmetz. I loved the Flux series and while this one took me a little longer to get into the world building (I'm much more into fantasy than sci-fi honestly), once I got into it I was sold and finished 3/4 of the book in a single day.

Kenna is an incredibly deep character that I think a lot of people will be able to identify with as the story goes on. The story leads off seeming like it's about a poor boy and the restaurant but it's so very, very much deepe
Tracett
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sort of like El Bulli in space. Picture a far away space station. Now picture that station with the most exclusive and imaginative restaurant in the universe. Mix in a starving young philosopher about to give up on life. (Okay, now, after the introduction of the story, it bogs down a bit, but keep going. It will kick back into high hear soon.) World building is great; believable (if over the top) people; colorful clothing, and soup! Space soup. I love a book that makes me hungry.
Ida Lindskog
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, sci-fi
I LOVE THIS!

Amazing story. Charmig, eccentric and exiciting with a great depht in the theme and characters. It's definitely one of the best sci-fi stories I've read.

I already miss this restaurant and these unique people, a lot.
I want more! 😍
Melissa
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: got-an-arc
I really enjoyed The Sol Majestic, even though I got a little depressed by the weight of the middle. Pushing through paid off and there's a great warmth in my heart for these characters. Says quite a lot that I cared so much for the characters that I almost couldn't handle the challenges they had to face.
Dena
Diana
William Gillespie
May 23, 2019
Jana
Review to be posted at Fantasy Literature.
Tammy
Christina Pilkington
Dec 16, 2018
WillowRaven
Dec 19, 2018
After twenty years of wandering desolate as a writer, Ferrett Steinmetz attended the Clarion Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers' Workshop in 2008 and was rejuvenated. Since then, he's sold stories to Asimov's Science Fiction (twice!), Beneath Ceaseless Skies, Shimmer, and Andromeda Spaceways Inflight Magazine, among others, and otherwise has a marvelous collection of very personalized rejection l ...more