Start by marking “Small Town Nightmare (Lucy Hush, #1)” as Want to Read:
Small Town Nightmare (Lucy Hush, #1)

Small Town Nightmare

(Lucy Hush series #1)

A young drifter is in deep trouble, his sister is his only hope...

Lucy’s younger brother has gone missing. When she sets out to find him, the trail takes her to Night Town. It’s a rural backwater deep in the forests of south western Australia.

Lucy tries to enlist the help of the local police, but she is met with hostility. She befriends a man who might help her cause.
Published August 26th 2018 by The Book Folks

To ask other readers questions about Small Town Nightmare, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Small Town Nightmare

Start your review of Small Town Nightmare (Lucy Hush, #1)
Brenda
Small Town Nightmare, first in the Lucy Hush series by Aussie author Anna Willett was exceptional! Gritty, intense, breathtaking – I’ve discovered a new Aussie author (which is a cause for celebration) in a genre I thoroughly enjoy. And she has more

Lucy’s younger brother hadn’t returned home for her birthday and that in itself was cause for alarm. Tim had lost himself a little after the death of their parents, but he always returned from wherever he was for her birthday. She’d received a text
Kim
Apr 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is my first read of this author's books and, if this is anything to go by, I'm glad that I've got another couple downloaded and ready to read! A gripping tale as reporter Lucy Hush travels to a small Western Australian town in search for her missing brother - and stumbles on a town of secrets where no-one will tell her anything and she feels very much under threat. Fortunately she meets up with a private detective who is looking for another missing young man, who also disappeared having ...more
Diane Dickson
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another super novel by Anna Willett. Anna is able to write characters who really do live on the page. Because of this you care about them, about how they feel and what they suffer. You really care about whether they are able to triumph in the face of disaster - and she certainly ratcheted up the danger and tension in the latter stages of this book. Do they triumph - Well that would be telling and there are bad bad people at work here and real life isn't all about rainbows and butterflies.

There
Jaime Melton
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was a wild ride for me. I felt it had lots of twists and turns and suspense. I had to put it down a few times, hehe. (I read romance typically for a reason.) I found the ending to be a bit surprising. Very easy and enjoyable.
Hobart
Nov 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018-reads
This originally appeared at The Irresponsible Reader.
---
She wondered how much she should reveal. Her history was painful, and rehashing it for a stranger wouldn’t really help.

“It’s complicated, but I know he wouldn’t not show.”“Not unless something stopped him?” Damon asked, finishing her thought.

“Something or someone.” As she spoke, they rounded a bend and the road tapered downwards. In the distance she could see a cluster of buildings dotted with patches of open fields and circled by
Julie Morris
Nov 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Well, this book does exactly what it says on the tin! The story of Lucy who is looking for her missing drifter brother in a tiny, remote rural town in Western Australia and finds a horror more awful than she could have anticipated. The book was gripping from the opening pages to the end and kept up the suspense all the way through and anyone picking up the book because of the title will not be disappointed. The author really brought the environment and setting to life and I particularly enjoyed ...more
Nicola Smith
Nov 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
The small town of the title is what drew me to Small Town Nightmare. It all kicks off when Lucy Hush, a journalist, arrives at Night Town, in Western Australia. She's looking for her brother, Tim. He's what you might call a drifter but Lucy knows that Tim would never miss her birthday and that's exactly what's happened, so she goes to try and find out what has happened to him. Along the way she has a chance meeting with Damon, who turns out to be an unexpected ally in her search.

Anna Willett
Noemi Proietti
Nov 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
I read SMALL TOWN NIGHTMARE in one evening, not only because the novel is not that long, but especially because I was completely engrossed. The author’s clear and flowing writing style kept me glued to the pages and I loved the well-crafted plot and the engaging characters.

Lucy is a journalist and she is looking for her brother Tim. Tim is a drifter, moving from place to place, but he would have never missed Lucy’s birthday a few days earlier, so when the police is no help, Lucy jumps into her
Bucks, Books & Beyond
Nov 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
As with any good book that fits into the ‘thriller’ category there is a good twist at the end! I won’t say more than that as I don’t want to ruin any surprises but it’s worth reading on for. I really enjoyed this book, it encompasses a well thought out, well written plot with likeable characters and a good ending. ...more
Barbara Williams
May 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Gripping for sure!

I found myself immersed in a thriller that included kidnapping, torture, murder, corruption, multiple personality disorder, intrigue, PTSD, drugs and even a little bit of love. What a way to spend an afternoon. This was a great recommendation. Thank you.
Anouska
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sensational writing from Anna Willett in her latest thriller. Dramatic, sometimes traumatic, and full of heart. Relatable characters, troubled villains, and a plot that keeps you compulsively turning pages.
brenda wilson
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Small Town Nightmare

I really liked reading these stories,if I could I would give it a 10.They have everything a mystery could have.
Adrienne
Dec 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: australia, mystery
Small Town Nightmare has some of the creepiest characters I ever met in a novel. Engrossing story with some good nail-biting moments as well as some romantic ones in this enjoyable quick read.
marlin1
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
New Austalian author for me and excited to see she has a few more books written.
Good suspense and I enjoyed the unexpected teamwork.
Judy G Spivey
Oct 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
A small, inhospitable town, and her missing brother send Lucy on a course into a living nightmare.

Lucy's brother Tim is missing. Even though he has become a drifter, he would never miss her Birthday. An accidental meeting of as man name Damon, looking for his friend, also a drifter, puts them in the town of Nightown. Lucy and Damon know there are lots of secrets here, when everyone they meet is hostile and upset with questions. A book you won't want to quit reading till you know if they escape
Grace
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a fast-moving story, I couldn’t put down. Loved the main characters and their relationship.

Lucy is a reporter whose brother has vanished in a place called Night Town. When the police are slow to act, she goes in search of her brother and meets Damon who has an agenda of his own. The two work together to track down the missing man is the strange town where everyone is rude and unfriendly.

Things get weird fast and the story really hots up with some terrifying moments. Loved it!
Ceejae Devine
Oct 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Anna Willett is a very capable storyteller. She creates realistic scenes, believable dialogue, and fast-paced action, so I felt like she could have had a slightly stronger introduction to her story about Tim, Lucy, and Damon, but it didn’t take long before the story took off.

As I got to know Lucy, I had quite a few concerns about the decisions she was making throughout the book, but I watched as she struggled with them as well and was relieved to see how they unfolded in positive ways. There
Leo Bos
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great Aussie story

The suspense whilst reading this story kept me reading until late at night. The characters seemed very real. It was great to read an Australian story. Thanks Anna Willett.
MARCIA A. BRODERICK
Jun 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Short, but intriguing mystery that takes place in Australia where a young journalist's only sibling goes missing. In her search for him she gets involved in the extremely sinister doings of a town called Night Town. Worthwhile.
Jackie
Sep 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great suspense story that has you gripped. Lucy’s Brother goes missing and it’s impossible to get help from the cops. I loved receiving an ARC and reviewed because it was fantastic.
Eileen Parker
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent
Colette
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-books
Quick short book but one you can’t put down !!!! A reporter’s brother is missing and her search for him leads to uncovering an unbelievable crime
Michael A. Zaffiri
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyable Read

A little bit of a slow start but once things start moving it doesn't stop. Interesting characters and many twists.
Contentmo
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent suspense thriller

Ms Willet has done it again, another fantastic thriller that's a page turner. I blazed through this book in two days. Highly recommend!
Miss Dizzy Read
Dec 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another good read, will read the others, not sure why she likes the word bitumen so much though!
Vera Miles
Oct 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Mans inhumanity to man

Gruesome but these things do happen. This book tells of incidents that happened to a man and his sister and their narrow escape from death.
Rich Buickerood
Sep 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Engaging

I enjoy Anna Willet’s writing. Her plots are just complicated enough, her good characters are likable, and her bad characters are despicable! I thought I had this one figured out a few times, but the ending was more complicated than expected.
Bulldog67
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’ve read all of Anna Willett’s books and loved them. This one was no exception. Small Town Nightmare with certainly give you nightmares. The story is gripping from page one and never lets up.

The action takes place in a small town called, Night Town where Willett introduces a cast of creepy characters and some huge twists. Couldn’t read it quickly enough.
Janet Harrison
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Small Town Nightmare is an absolutely gripping story with some huge twists, I couldn't put this book down! From start to finish this book had me hooked, such an amazing read!
Erik Empson
An enjoyable build up of tension with a smashing climax. A young man who has lost his way in life gets into trouble. His sister, Lucy, is the only person that can help him. Loyal and brave she tracks him down, but becomes endangered herself. The book is about her resolve in getting to the bottom of what happened to her brother. There are quite a few scary, tense moments. It's the kind of book you stay up all night to finish.

• Who Is She? (Jack Anderson #2)
  • Fatal Fortune (A Dr Pippa Durrant Mystery Book 1)
  • Lost Angel
  • You're All Mine
  • The Invisible Wife (Lee Callaway #4)
  • One Perfect Witness
  • Stranger in the Woods
  • The Husbands
  • I WILL MAKE YOU PAY
  • Don't Blink
  • Fatal Flowers (A Dr Pippa Durrant Mystery Book 2)
  • I Want You Gone
  • Lost Sister
  • She Lies Hidden
  • Blood Guilt (Steel City #1)
  • Fatal Finale (A Dr Pippa Durrant Mystery Book 3)
  • The Found Child (The Secrets of Suburbia #2)
  • Murder In The Dark

Lucy Hush series (3 books)
  • Cold Valley Nightmare (Lucy Hush, #2)
  • Savage Bay Nightmare (Lucy Hush series #3)